The Fleet Report and Daily for Sunday June 19th, 2022

richwmn

Good morning all!

Great collection of days today and Happy Father's Day!  I'm missing my Dad today, he lived to be 101. We were so fortunate to have him so long! He was sharp as a tack right up to the end.

The drink sounds good, but will pass on the meal and wine.  Have never been to this port, thank you for all photos.

I saw in the news that we have broken another record here.  The lowest high since records began....only 73 F so far in 2022.  It has been a crazy wet, cool spring.  I'm sure it's because we put in A/C last fall!  😉  

DS and DDIL will celebrate Father's Day next weekend with DH since we're otherwise occupied today (grandsons coming for 3 days).  Today we're just resting up, and packing for our ocean get-away with the boys.  I also have had mysterious cold symptoms but have tested 4 times (including PCR) and it has always been negative.  Something else is going around...but the timing is not good, since I need more energy to keep up with our boys the next 3 days!

Here's a photo of Dad with his 3 daughters.  I'm the little one in his arms.  Taken on his beloved Mt. Baker, which he climbed when he was in his late 30's.

Scan_20200121.thumb.jpg.e1f32b70c8bb681b0cef999a849917be.jpg

• Like 33

2 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

1967 400?  I learned to drive a manual transmission on DH’s 1968 350 HO Firebird. BEFORE he set it up for racing. Here he is on race day complete with the tow bar attaching it to the Pontiac GTO we had. 
502962C4-3B65-4406-A7D5-FCBB41405554.thumb.jpeg.59a833dcfa2a6e3951ad25f3de5c1013.jpeg

Yep! A 1967 Pontiac Firebird 400 Convertible with hood tach and factory Koni shocks. The 67's still had vent windows. I realized after posting it was when he had just recently bought it with no plates and just the registration sticker in the windshield.

• Like 18

Here's a picture of three generations from 1985 -- my DH, his Dad. and our DS. I think we were celebrating "Pop-Pop's" birthday. Glad I still have DS to kiss!

Nice celebration of Father's Day and Juneteenth at church this morning. Have a good day!

Dads.jpeg

• Like 27

8 minutes ago, NextOne said:

Here's a picture of three generations from 1985 -- my DH, his Dad. and our DS. I think we were celebrating "Pop-Pop's" birthday. Glad I still have DS to kiss!

Nice celebration of Father's Day and Juneteenth at church this morning. Have a good day!

Dads.jpeg

Nice picture.

Lovely memories.

I'm so sorry your dad and husband are no longer with you.

Graham.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, MISTER 67 said:

Sorry to hear you and your DH have Covid, returned from our cruise yesterday only to learn that my sister and her hubby came down with the bug after attending a wedding.

Welcome back from your cruise.

I hope you had a fantastic time.

Sorry to hear your sister and her husband have Covid.

Prayers 🙏 for a quick recovery for them both.

Graham 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

1967 400?  I learned to drive a manual transmission on DH’s 1968 350 HO Firebird. BEFORE he set it up for racing. Here he is on race day complete with the tow bar attaching it to the Pontiac GTO we had. 
502962C4-3B65-4406-A7D5-FCBB41405554.thumb.jpeg.59a833dcfa2a6e3951ad25f3de5c1013.jpeg

Great photo Sandi.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Welcome back from your cruise.

I hope you had a fantastic time.

Sorry to hear your sister and her husband have Covid.

Prayers 🙏 for a quick recovery for them both.

Graham 

Thanks Graham, we did have a great cruise and your concern for my sister and her hubby is appreciated. 

Edited by MISTER 67
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 1

Just got word that DH's nephew has been taken back into surgery for doctors to put in a plate to secure his ribs. He also has had a chest tube inserted for the lung injury. And, he will be back in ICU for some period after this surgery.

Yesterday, the report buoyed our spirits. Today reminds us that his injuries will likely lead to many ups and downs on the path toward recovery.

Your continued prayer is a blessing,

-Melisa 

• Like 16
  • Thanks 17

Good morning, all! Thank you, Rich, for the fleet report. Happy Fathers Day to all the Dads in the group, and due credit to the Moms without whom there would be no Dads.

This is a very special Fathers Day here. DD sent DH a long message wishing him Happy Fathers Day, and saying that although she was an adult when he came into her life, he was the only real father figure she’d had, and how much he meant to her as a Dad. DH never had children of his own, and this is the first Fathers Day he’s ever actually considered himself a real Dad. I’m happy for them both, although there seems to be something in my eye and I need a Kleenex.

We finally came back to Salt Spring Island yesterday. Between appointments and commitments we haven’t been here since late April. The back yard is at its best right now. The meadow is all daisies and foxglove. All that work on the nettles, thistles, and brambles in April has really payed off! 
We only have a week here, and then we go to our great niece’s grad in North Vancouver. Hopefully we’re back here right after!

Happy Sunday, everyone. Now that all our BHBs are sailing again, there’s fewer reasons not to on one!

A0D3883F-2BC1-4F60-AA6C-267882073391.thumb.jpeg.44b3b3f06f578ea21d0f00eda757b375.jpeg

Edited by Horizon chaser 1957
  • Like 30
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, HAL Sailer said:

Just got word that DH's nephew has been taken back into surgery for doctors to put in a plate to secure his ribs. He also has had a chest tube inserted for the lung injury. And, he will be back in ICU for some period after this surgery.

Yesterday, the report buoyed our spirits. Today reminds us that his injuries will likely lead to many ups and downs on the path toward recovery.

-Melisa 

Melisa, I added DH nephew to my prayer book. Can you share his first name?

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

Happy Father's Day!

Here is my Dad fishing a long time ago, before I was born I am sure. He is on the same lake (Deer Bay, aka Lower Buckhorn) as where we have our cottage. Since we are at the lake now, I think I'll go out fishing too!

MB76b_1200ed.thumb.jpg.035d9e726cf40d5993182b5ada1ff93b.jpg

• Like 34

Good afternoon. Thanks for the Daily and Fleet Report.

Happy Father's Day to all the Dads and Father Figures. I was adopted by a single woman, so didn't celebrate the day. A salute to Juneteenth. Sadly, no one here to kiss! Funny quote.

I'll pass on the meal and drink. I'll take the wine.

I haven't been to Sri Lanka. Thanks for the pictures.

It was in the high 40's here this AM! Brrrr. But it's sunny and warming up. I'll do some yardwork later I think. 90's again later in the week.

Nice to see all the Dad photos.

@MISTER 67 Welcome home! I hope your DS and BIL have mild cases.

@cat shepard I'm glad to hear your test remained negative.

@grapau27 Thank you for posting the sermon. Great photo with you, Sarah and Pauline's Dad.

@StLouisCruisers I hope the time passes quickly and tests to come are negative! Oh my on Buddy's tumors in the spine being so extensive; sadly it sounds like an aggressive diagnosis. Prayers for him and the family.

@TiogaCruiser That's an interesting device to monitor water usage.

@Vict0riann Good to hear you're feeling better!

@HAL Sailer Sorry to hear DH's nephew needed additional surgery. Continued prayers for his recovery.

@Horizon chaser 1957 What a special Father's Day for your DH and kudos to your DD!

Prayers for the Care List and Ukraine and its people and allies. Cheers for the Celebration List.

Stay safe everyone.

• Like 21
  • Thanks 6

38 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Melisa, I added DH nephew to my prayer book. Can you share his first name?

Thank you.

His name is Curt.

68. Unmarried. No children.

(Oh, I don't mean that to sound like a dating app listing.🤣 I just know some would wonder whether to also offer 🙏prayer🙏 for a wife and children.)

-Melisa 

• Like 15
  • Thanks 12

7 minutes ago, HAL Sailer said:

I just know some would wonder whether to also offer 🙏prayer🙏 for a wife and children.

Quoting myself as I'm not sure how to edit. Instead of wife, I should have used the more inclusive word spouse

• Like 19

8 minutes ago, HAL Sailer said:

Thank you.

His name is Curt.

68. Unmarried. No children.

(Oh, I don't mean that to sound like a dating app listing.🤣 I just know some would wonder whether to also offer 🙏prayer🙏 for a wife and children.)

-Melisa 

Lol. Thank you. I like to name those in my prayer book as sometimes they are in prayer fir awhile. I make notes, such as "Roy. And Roy's brother Roger" "Sandi. Sandi's brother Buddy. Sandi's DH" etc. God knows!

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, HAL Sailer said:

-Melisa 

Sorry to hear this. I am afraid you are right about the recovery. Prayers continue. 

Susan

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, HAL Sailer said:

-Melisa 

Our prayers 🙏 are there for as long as you and your nephew want them.

Graham.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, HAL Sailer said:

-Melisa 

Lots  more  prayers on  the  way. Jim.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

@HAL Sailer  I have not stopped praying for your nephew.  Something like this happened to my second husband.  He was the mechanic for large riding mowers at a golf course out in Athens GA, he was working on a mower, the only person there, and the saw horses holding the mower collapsed and the mower came down on him.  This happened after our divorce, and he had no insurance and some of his vertebrae were squashed.  It is a long road to recovery, so if you can , let him know that many people are praying for his recovery,  and sending well wishes.

• Like 20
  • Thanks 2