Will Carnival Follow Princess Easing Vaccine Restrictions

sunonfire

Perhaps I am missing something.  They will only allow up to 10% unvaxxed to sail and an exemption is still required.  I'm not sure I see the different with how Carnival is running now.  Although they may only be at 5% unvaxxed.  I haven't seen that updated. 

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, 1kaper said:

Perhaps I am missing something.  They will only allow up to 10% unvaxxed to sail and an exemption is still required.  I'm not sure I see the different with how Carnival is running now.  Although they may only be at 5% unvaxxed.  I haven't seen that updated. 

The article specifically states there are no "burdensome exemptions"

1 hour ago, 1kaper said:

Perhaps I am missing something.  They will only allow up to 10% unvaxxed to sail and an exemption is still required.  I'm not sure I see the different with how Carnival is running now.  Although they may only be at 5% unvaxxed.  I haven't seen tha

You still have to apply for and be approved for an exemption on Princess, but you do not have to provide any proof of why you want the exemption. 

Edited by JT1962
  • Like 3

45 minutes ago, mz-s said:

The article specifically states there are no "burdensome exemptions"

But it also says "It’s important to note that guests still need to apply for an exemption."

• Thanks 1

Unvaccinated cruisers still have 2 tests before boarding.

If vaccinated and you want a 3 day antigen test window before a cruise:

dose(s)

Up to Date

Received all recommended COVID-19 vaccines, including any booster dose(s) when eligible at least 7 days before embarkation.

Antigen within 3 days
OR

PCR within 3 days

8 minutes ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

Just now July 18 2022 The CDC is giving the cruises lines full control of what they want to do. Masks no masks, pre cruise testing etc. The CDC still recommends masks indoors. Really?

Where did you see that?  I hope this means pre cruise tests are on their way out! TIA!

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

Where did you see that?  I hope this means pre cruise tests are on their way out! TIA!

'its on the cdc page:

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/cruise-travel-during-covid19.html?CDC_AA_refVal=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cdc.gov%2Fquarantine%2Fcruise%2Fcruise-ship-color-status.html

• Like 2

You don't have to provide a reason for being unvaccinated, and the limit has been raised to 10%, and the exemptions are given out on a first-come first-served basis.  So apply early if you want to cruise at 90% vaccinated.

• Like 2

I know the protocols are a pain, but they are generally working.  With the current surge of the Omicron flavored COVID, I just do not think it is the right time.  But then again, I could not answer the question of when would be a good time.  I think phasing it in like princess (simply raising the unvaccinated percentage but not changing the testing) is a rational way to proceed.  The good thing about the latest variant for cruising is that you generally show symptoms before you are contagious, so it is easier to keep off the ship.  This is only my opinion, I will not get sucked into a debate this time. 

• Like 3

On 7/18/2022 at 4:25 PM, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

Just now July 18 2022 The CDC is giving the cruises lines full control of what they want to do. Masks no masks, pre cruise testing etc. The CDC still recommends masks indoors. Really?

Does this mean the CDC order requiring masks on public transportation now applies? My understanding was that ships that did not opt into the CDC's "voluntary" program would have fallen under that order.

6 hours ago, tidecat said:

Does this mean the CDC order requiring masks on public transportation now applies? My understanding was that ships that did not opt into the CDC's "voluntary" program would have fallen under that order.

maybe but the point is moot because that was struck down as illegal.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, MrMarc said:

I know the protocols are a pain, but they are generally working.  With the current surge of the Omicron flavored COVID, I just do not think it is the right time.  But then again, I could not answer the question of when would be a good time.  I think phasing it in like princess (simply raising the unvaccinated percentage but not changing the testing) is a rational way to proceed.  The good thing about the latest variant for cruising is that you generally show symptoms before you are contagious, so it is easier to keep off the ship.  This is only my opinion, I will not get sucked into a debate this time. 

While I wouldn't say you're completely off base, there has never been a "good time". There always seems to be some new panic, which doesn't apply to the rest of society. Which brings us to where we are at today. Treating it like the rest of society. There is zero reason to concern yourself with other people's vaccination. People are free to get their boosters and wear their n95s. 

• Like 6

23 hours ago, MrMarc said:

There is nothing you can do to prevent catching omicron. Being on board is no different. Do you demand testing before you go to dinner, Costco or. Board an airplane?

• Like 9

10 hours ago, Joebucks said:

While I wouldn't say you're completely off base, there has never been a "good time". There always seems to be some new panic, which doesn't apply to the rest of society. Which brings us to where we are at today. Treating it like the rest of society. There is zero reason to concern yourself with other people's vaccination. People are free to get their boosters and wear their n95s. 

Amen

38 minutes ago, MeganGC1983 said:

Breaking news: Virgin no longer requires negative Covid tests for US sailings after July 27. 
First to jump. 

Fantastic. It won't be long now.

• Like 2