The Fleet Report and Daily for Saturday October 29th, 2022

richwmn

Good morning everyone. It’s 9am and 38 degrees.I hate winter and it looks like it’s coming. I think todays quote is really important. I am truly horrified at the attack on Paul Pelosi and all the threats against our government leaders. It’s frightening to know how little protection is availabile to most of them, not just their families.
Prayers for all who need them today.

Stay safe everyone,

Carol 

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, ger_77 said:

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  DH and I were just talking last night about how hermit-like we were in 2020, but it eased up slightly as time went by.  We were lucky to have each other to lean on during that time.  Well of course every day in our house is Cat Day; Sochi wouldn't have it any other way.  A colleague of mine suffered terribly from psoriasis, but found temporary relief by taking "tar baths" at a sports rehab facility. 

A busy day today socially, as we're going for breakfast with the family (DH's son, daughter, son-in-law and sister), sort of a family gathering before we head off on our trip on Monday.   We have to stop on the way home to get some extra cat food (her highness can't go hungry, certainly!), and then this evening, friends of ours are having us over for a small Bon Voyage party with only 3 other couples. 

I'm happy to hear that @kazuand her family have arrived safely(with luggage) in Barcelona; here's hoping we have the same experience!  I keep checking my emails to be sure there haven't been any more schedule changes - no stress there!  LOL  

@Quartzsite CruiserI'm glad you're home; I'll bet it feels good!

I think I'd like today's menu suggestion, but we'll be enjoying appies, conversation and laughter with our friends this evening.  And wine.

DH prepared a box for our house/cat sitter that will hold the mail so it doesn't end up all over the kitchen table, but Sochi had other ideas for it . . .

1410218327_MailBox.jpg.8548cd31b77539c921a2e9a7f1c2eda2.jpg

The yellow cord on the left is the extension cord for the snow-blower; it lives in the house during the winter so it isn't frozen stiff when we need it.  Ah, life on the "frozen tundra!"

Prayers for everyone who is hurting, cheers to all who have celebrations going on!  Stay safe, everyone!

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

Sochi is just beautiful! Thank you for telling us about your DH's experience  with catheterization  I need to get my mind out of the worst case scenario  mode and think positively. 

• Like 20

Good afternoon. Really poor signal today and unable to  like a post! This morning we toured Perouge, France which is said to be one of the prettiest villages in all of France. It pretty much looks the same as it did in the 1400’s.

It’s another beautiful day here and we were told today the warmest October since they first started recording weather data. Tonight we are being taken to a historical building to enjoy a choir in concert and tomorrow we disembark.

We are pretty much packed and will spend tomorrow night at the famous Hotel Inte Continental before starting our long trek home on Monday. At least we gain an hour back tonight.

This has been a wonderful cruise. The staff of 46 all have multiple task and are all over the place pampering. Really enjoyed having an all inclusive cruise. Drinks, dining, excursions are all included.

Thanks for the Report and post. Liked them all even though I can’t acknowledge.

Bruce

• Like 27
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 0106 said:

Today is World Stroke Day.  The purpose of the day is to raise awareness of the signs of a stroke and the need to seek treatment immediately.

A3951D82-5C4E-4675-B912-B5B16CBD5922.thumb.jpeg.bab2b069242f48329ef7af29f1f56e5d.jpeg

Remember the acronym FAST-face, arm, speech = treatment.

Wishing the best health possible to all who read the Daily.

Thanks for this information!  One of the major causes of strokes is uncontrolled AFib.   If you notice your heart fluttering call your doctor for an EKG.   My DH developed AFib after drinking too much caffeine day after day.   He waited until he went in for his annual physical, the doc checked his heart with the stethescope and said "are you feeling OK".   EKG revealed AFib so he had to get in ASAP for cardioversion (heart shocking), it took three shocks to get it into rhythm.   He is lucky he didn't have a stroke.  

• Like 21
  • Thanks 5

Sitting up on top deck and enjoying the sunshine and a waiter came by and offered me a Moscow Mule in an iced proper copper mug! Never seen this drink offered on a cruise. Plus I have my like a post back.👏🏻👏🏻

Life is good.

Edited by aliaschief
  • Like 24

Happy cat day!   I really miss my cats but we travel too much now to add more cats into the family.    Love the quote by Plato.   Tacos are always good and the wine and cocktail look great.  I am amazed all the tasty cocktails that can be conjured up.   Lenda thank you for the Colon pictures.   Prayers for all on our care list and the people of Ukraine.  No news on DB yet today.  We have a neighborhood association get together smack dab in the middle of the day so I will go see him tomorrow morning.    

DF rehung our bird feeders onto long arms off the back deck, I hope it keeps the raccoon activity down and we were rewarded by a visit from a Pileated Woodpecker.   Usually they wait and come in during the dead of winter.   

I tried to stay up late to watch the World Series.  I made it to the 8th inning and decided to give up.  John had it on in the bedroom so I watched till the end of the 9th and gave up.    I really don't have a pick but just enjoy good baseball.   Big game tonight, Michigan versus Michigan State.   Have a wonderful day! 

Cabin cats Lidia and Tiny.   

Cabin cats.jpg

• Like 25

Good morning Dailyites. 

A cool blustery morning. Warming to 69 today.

We have a neighborhood adult trick and treats tonight with pumpkin carving, costume, and pet costume contests. Last year was so much fun.

We missed the Halloween dance and band last night. We weren't in the mood from the disappointing day we had. I hear it was a lot of fun and laughs.

Lenda I'm glad Steve is in rehab and you are home and able to rest.

Prayers for all on Roy's list. 

One of our own @Sharon in AZ suffers from psoriasis. I have a very mild case on my elbows and knees and a few other places. I stay on top of it with topical medications. 

Oh my goodness. Cat day!

image.png.84f02cda85b75d9cb7378e6786c6d9da.png

image.png.2b8959ad42f18342e105e23afdadda26.png

image.png.c7b1edf2b2f8a4b41523eed8a3dee5f0.png

Wishing everyone a great weekend. Be safe. Blessings and Cheers. Xx

• Like 18
  • Haha 1

Good Morning Everyone, thanks for the daily fleet report.  It was an early start to the day.  I was at the grocery store at 6:30 went home and had breakfast then went to Aldi to stock up on canned goods.  Put away the outside furniture and am taking a small break before raking leaves.  Lots of things to complete before we set sail next weekend. Today’s meal suggestion sounds good.  I have no idea what we are having.   I hope everyone has a good weekend.
Everyday is cat day here, or at least that’s what they tell me.

image.thumb.png.b67306bd754918b071494e96c326d756.png

• Like 17
  • Haha 4

Good morning. Cold here when the dogs and I walked this morning...... 20F. Is supposed to warm up into high 50's this afternoon. My main issue in the mornings is wrestling the chihuahua into his jacket. He is not fan. Have another type on order so maybe life will get easier for both of us. No cats here although I have had many in the past. After a couple of sessions at the Humane Society I feel there is something to be said for being a hermit. I will be off the BOD in May and I think I need a long break. Have not been to the destination of the day although I have been through the canal numerous times. All food sounds good today.

Healing thoughts going out to all who need them and I am envious of those cruising. I hope better times are ahead for all of us.

Susan

• Like 21

My left arm was a bit sore from the Flu and Covid shots we got on Thursday (had them do both in the same arm), but no worse than the usual flu shot. I did feel a bit blah yesterday afternoon and worried that it might carry over to tennis today. Luckily, I felt fine this morning.

Looks like we will have sunny weather and temps close to 70 for the rest of the week. It should be nice for the Trick or Treaters!

• Like 18

For those interested in shipping luggage directly to your cabin:

I put in my order for Luggage Forward this morning for our Dec 11th cruise out of FLL. 

Two 50 lb bags to be picked up Nov 30th. $500 each insurance included. $288 total. We will spend a day/night in Fort Lauderdale prior to boarding. With my sweet husband in a wheelchair, Luggage Forward really comes in handy. 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 3

Good afternoon. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily.

Sometimes I felt like a hermit during the past almost 3 years, especially living alone. Many here will salute Cat Day. I feel for those who battle psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis. Very good quote.

I like the meal, pass on the drink and wine. I like Roy's meal as well.

I sailed past Colon on my PC cruise, but didn't stop there.

It's sunny and almost 60, after starting at 39F today. A good day to work outside, but my street leaf vacuuming doesn't start until Wednesday. I'm doing decluttering, ebay stuff, and paperwork tracking medical expenses.

@richwmn Congrats on reaching 5 star status!

@rafinmd Good to hear the news that you don't need to see the Radiation Oncologist again!

@Quartzsite Cruiser I'm glad DH got to rehab yesterday. It sounds like he's got his work cut out for him, but I'm sure he's motivated to get back to full functioning. Thanks for the Colon photos.

@Seasick Sailor Joy, I can't believe that treatment at the VA for DH's bloodwork! I'd have been sooo upset. 

@kazu I'm glad you made it safely to Barcelona and that DSs and BILs did too.

@0106 Thanks for the important reminder about World Stroke Day.

@smitty34877 I'm sorry to hear that Tana is having a hard time and that appropriate assistance is not easy to find. Prayers for DH on Tuesday.

@lindaler Wow, that bike ride sounds like a recipe for disaster. Good for DS for helping out.

@marshhawk So cool about the composer patron! 

@aliaschief Enjoy your last full cruise day.

Prayers for the Care List and Cheers for the Celebration List.

Stay safe everyone.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 2

30 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

For those interested in shipping luggage directly to your cabin:

I put in my order for Luggage Forward this morning for our Dec 11th cruise out of FLL. 

Two 50 lb bags to be picked up Nov 30th. $500 each insurance included. $288 total. We will spend a day/night in Fort Lauderdale prior to boarding. With my sweet husband in a wheelchair, Luggage Forward really comes in handy. 

Something doesn't look right here.  2 bags for barely half the price of one?

Roy

• Like 2