The Fleet Report and Daily for Saturday December 10th, 2022

richwmn

Today is Dewey Decimal System Day, International Animal Rights Day, and National Lager Day

We fell in love, despite our differences, and once we did, something rare and beautiful was created. For me, love like that has only happened once, and that's why every minute we spent together has been seared in my memory. I'll never forget a single moment of it.--Nicholas Sparks, The Notebook

Meal Suggestion for today - Smoky Maple Turkey Chili
Drink of the Day - Kilbeggan®Brosna Sour
Wine of the Day - Smith and Sheth 2018 Cru Heretaunga Syrah (Hawke's Bay) New Zealand
Destination of the Day - Cozumel, Mexico

Eurodam

Fort Lauderdale, Port Everglades, Florida 07:00 - 16:00

Koningsdam

San Diego, California 07:00 - 16:30

Nieuw Amsterdam

Half Moon Cay, Bahamas 08:00 - 15:00

Nieuw Statendam

Fort Lauderdale, Port Everglades, Florida 07:00 - 16:00

Oosterdam

At Sea Destination Punta Arenas, Chile Antarctica eta 12/12

Rotterdam

Half Moon Cay 09:00 - 15:00

Volendam

Bridgetown, Barbados 8:00am 6:00pm

Zaandam

Praia, Cape Verde

Zuiderdam

Dry Dock Freeport, Bahamas Completion 12/14

Eastern Hemisphere

Noordam

Melbourne, Victoria Australia 08:00 -

Westerdam

Hobart, Australia

1210World.thumb.png.5c758587e138a58bae3764b8ac9c6a06.png

• Like 26
  • Thanks 11

Good Morning, thanks for the daily fleet report.  Today’s meal suggestion sounds good, especially since it’s cold here.  We were at today’s port of call last month and had a nice visit.

I saw a report on the local news this morning that I found interesting and wanted to share.  Farmers from Prince Edward Island donated lots of potatoes to a local food bank.  A big thanks to our friends from the north!

I hope everyone has a nice day today.

image.png.1ed73030bf9f7318d07bf7be574ab7af.png

• Like 24
  • Haha 5

Good morning from a cold but sunny -2°C at 11.45am.

Thank you for today's daily reports Rich.

The only Lager I like is the Spanish San Miguel and Estrada.

Animal rights day should be every day.

Excellent quote.

I am sports mad and Pauline hates sport but we both clicked 44 years ago with mutual attraction and except for sport we like the same things.

Today's food sounds nice.

Cozumel is a port on a future cruise so pictures will be good.

Wishing everyone a lovely weekend.

Graham.

• Like 27

Thank you for the Saturday report, Rich.  I'll pass on the Lager but celebrate both the Dewey Decimal System and Animal rights.  I love the Sparks quote.  I've been to Cozumel a few times but I don't think ever on a BHB.  A very cold morning today.  I'd prefer the Turkey without the chili.  My alternative is Iced Melon Bisque, Baked Ricotta Stuffed Shells, and Mango Sundae as served on MS Prinsendam December 10, 2013.

Today’s care list:

RIP FF Zachary Paris and Marvin Grube LODD, 12/7/22  Schuylkill County Pa.
HALsailer DSIL with cancer and dangerous procedure
summer slope DH with covid and both quarantined
Aliaschief with streptococcal pneumonia
lazey1 and segarsmoker with post cruise Covid
USN59-79 with leg fracture
Marshhawk DH family illnesses
From the rotation:
Crabbbi Patti dealing with Dad’s dimentia
Cruising-along niece awaiting a kidney
Granham upcoming appointments December 12 and 13
Status of St. Louis Sal (7/1) and JAM37 (7/7)

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Nieuw Statendam

rd1210.JPG.fc845a74a4dd8f73497b3c3ce88a8

and Eurodam in Everglades

ed1210.thumb.JPG.fd07987ae33a7da566740c1

Happy Birthday Henry
Quartzite Cruizer DH doing great at home
7 days for lindaler (Volendam 12/17 to 3/18/23)
7 days for Kazu (Koningsdam 12/17 to 1/7/23)
1 day. for Seasick Sailor (Rotterdam 12/11 to 1/25/23)
Bon Voyage Cruisin Terri (Insignia 12/10 to 12/28)
Welcome home Dobiemom
Mister67 (Nieuw Amsterdam to 12/11) SusiekIslandGirl (Island Princess to 12/12), RedbeckBob (Nieuw Statendam to 12/17),  StLouisCruiser  and Summer Slope (Volendam  to 12/17) at sea
Cunnorl (Noordam to 1/2/23),  Damcruiser (Nieuw Statendam  to 1/14/23), and  Horizon Chaser1957 (Zaandam to 12/20; Zuiderdam 12/22 to 5/12/23) at sea

Roy

• Like 22
  • Thanks 10

Good morning.  Thanks for the Daily and Fleet Report.

A cold clear morning here.  There was a big bright moon in the sky when I looked out.  It's only -4°C here now, it should rocket up to 1°C (34°F) this afternoon.

A good collection of days.  I remember using the Dewey Decimal system in school libraries, now on the computer it doesn't matter to me, but it must be important to some.  I love animals and hate to see them abused.  My husband will drink to lager day!

The meal sounds good for a cold day like today.

Hope the drink and wine are good too.

Prayers for everyone.  I hope there are lots of celebrations.

Happy Birthday to @Cruising-along's DH Henry.

Have a wonderful day.

Stay safe.

• Like 24

Thanks for our Saturday Daily, Rich.

Great collection of days.  Animal Rights Day should be every day and having worked in a library in my younger days, I appreciate the Dewey Decimal System 😉 

I absolutely love the Sparks quote ♥️ It hits home in many ways.  I first visited Cozumel many years ago on the old N Amsterdam  before I met DH.  Loved it so much that DH and I went there for our honeymoon and were able to fly  to see Chichen Itza. 👍

I have a busy day today (for a change) - lunch with my BFF and then a girls’ neighbourhood Christmas get together.  A tradition that covid stopped for a couple of years - nice to have it back 👍  After all, it’s what Christmas is about - friends, family and neighbours ♥️ 

E4970B66-307E-44AC-A643-9B21913562C5.jpeg.1574368a0d9c8aa8033dea272b84c4ee.jpeg

And in between I’ll be keeping my eye on this system that is moving in.  https://www.theweathernetwork.com/ca/news/article/sprawling-storms-set-to-dance-a-wintry-waltz-over-eastern-canada 

Apparently once it comes, it will be endless for 2 weeks.  So, the big question is - will it get here before I fly out or will I beat it and get out of here? 

Jake, @Crazy For CatsLove your meme - I thought this one would be a good match for yours 😉 

6E717BCB-1007-4C5C-90AB-9646AFC9B1C6.thumb.jpeg.36bf6d90e44a29165f0755fe7b110176.jpeg

@Cruising-alonga very happy birthday to Henry

6D97A9AA-43A3-437F-B003-CF30DD48B720.jpeg.50bf5f58a57593085c8d1699f6e9e5da.jpeg

Prayers for everyone on the Care list & for those that need them and a 🥂 to those on the Celebratory / Shout Out list. 

174CEA51-27DD-4D6C-BB05-5B79229675A1.thumb.jpeg.66d2b28f3eac17323f98d271de1aa40c.jpeg

Have a great Saturday everyone and stay safe.

• Like 25
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

37 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Thank you for the Saturday report, Rich.  I'll pass on the Lager but celebrate both the Dewey Decimal System and Animal rights.  I love the Sparks quote.  I've been to Cozumel a few times but I don't think ever on a BHB.  A very cold morning today.  I'd prefer the Turkey without the chili.  My alternative is Iced Melon Bisque, Baked Ricotta Stuffed Shells, and Mango Sundae as served on MS Prinsendam December 10, 2013.

Today’s care list:

RIP FF Zachary Paris and Marvin Grube LODD, 12/7/22  Schuylkill County Pa.
HALsailer DSIL with cancer and dangerous procedure
summer slope DH with covid and both quarantined
Aliaschief with streptococcal pneumonia
lazey1 and segarsmoker with post cruise Covid
USN59-79 with leg fracture
Marshhawk DH family illnesses
From the rotation:
Crabbbi Patti dealing with Dad’s dimentia
Cruising-along niece awaiting a kidney
Granham upcoming appointments December 12 and 13
Status of St. Louis Sal (7/1) and JAM37 (7/7)

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Nieuw Statendam

rd1210.JPG.fc845a74a4dd8f73497b3c3ce88a8

and Eurodam in Everglades

ed1210.thumb.JPG.fd07987ae33a7da566740c1

Happy Birthday Henry
Quartzite Cruizer DH doing great at home
7 days for lindaler (Volendam 12/17 to 3/18/23)
7 days for Kazu (Koningsdam 12/17 to 1/7/23)
1 day. for Seasick Sailor (Rotterdam 12/11 to 1/25/23)
Bon Voyage Cruisin Terri (Insignia 12/10 to 12/28)
Welcome home Dobiemom
Mister67 (Nieuw Amsterdam to 12/11) SusiekIslandGirl (Island Princess to 12/12), RedbeckBob (Nieuw Statendam to 12/17),  StLouisCruiser  and Summer Slope (Volendam  to 12/17) at sea
Cunnorl (Noordam to 1/2/23),  Damcruiser (Nieuw Statendam  to 1/14/23), and  Horizon Chaser1957 (Zaandam to 12/20; Zuiderdam 12/22 to 5/12/23) at sea

Roy

Thank you for today's lists Roy and my mention.

Graham 

• Like 10

Good morning Daily-ites. 

I love the Sparks quote. It's beautifully written. 

Happy Birthday Henry!

image.png.3af3a3b58b4c3c59bb3cd7cf7227e1fb.png

This morning we have a friend taking us to the airport for our flight to FLL. We are excited to get the party started! 

image.png.ecf2ece5460c0b72157ae60bed65d262.png

Wishing everyone a great weekend. Prayers for all who are needing a hug. Be kind.

• Like 26

3 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Good morning Daily-ites. 

I love the Sparks quote. It's beautifully written. 

Happy Birthday Henry!

image.png.3af3a3b58b4c3c59bb3cd7cf7227e1fb.png

This morning we have a friend taking us to the airport for our flight to FLL. We are excited to get the party started! 

image.png.ecf2ece5460c0b72157ae60bed65d262.png

Wishing everyone a great weekend. Prayers for all who are needing a hug. Be kind.

Best wishes for a fantastic cruise Joy and Allen.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for today’s Report & Daily, Rich! A very foggy morning here, but it should burn off and be another lovely day. 

Roy, thank you for keeping our lists so faithfully. Just yard work and chores today, but this evening we are gathering at a friend’s to celebrate a birthday. There will be hors d’oeuvres and wines.  

Ooh, I had to interrupt this post for the great armadillo hunt of 2022. I spied an armadillo digging between my neighbor’s and my houses, and when I went outside to chase it away, it immediately headed for the foundation of my neighbor’s home. I followed to see if it had been digging along the foundation, but it kept going and I could not see any signs of digging along the foundation. I did warn my neighbor just in case I missed something. 

Ok back to our regularly scheduled post…. We will also have cupcakes with candles for the birthday girl to blow out. 

9AFD53C0-5361-4C35-96C5-B79FECDD1633.jpeg.e7293f7d80277c7ef8dfbf87e5b71042.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. @HAL Sailer praying that DSIL is comfortable. Cheers to all who are celebrating - safe travels @Seasick Sailor Joy & Allen! Bon Voyage @Cruising Terri hope you have a wonderful cruise. Happy Birthday Henry! @Cruising-along, Carolyn, hope you are well enough to enjoy the day with him. 

Get well & stay well everyone. 

Smith and Sheth 2018 Cru Heretaunga Syrah (Hawke's Bay) New Zealand

This Syrah sounds amazing. A bit elusive - unless you are @erewhon or on a cruise to New Zealand. I did find one online distributor offering it for $39.95.

95 Wine Enthusiast 

This is a precise, tightly knit wine for the cellar that beautifully captures both the power and the elegance of Hawke's Bay Syrah. Like a hug in a glass, it offers comforting aromas of melted chocolate, baking spice, ground pepper, fresh bramble berries and a hint of something more mineral. The palate is broad but focused. The tannins are beautifully textured, talc-like and spicy, cradling the pristine fruit. Drink through 2040.

Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 20
  • Thanks 8
  • Haha 1

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  I never had to use the Dewey Decimal System, I just asked the librarian where a certain book was  - talk about lazy!  A big shout out for international animal rights - they should never be abused.  I'll also salute lager day as we look forward next month to our traditional beer in every port.

@Cruising-alonga very Happy Birthday to your DH with many returns of the day!

@Cruzin TerriBon Voyage!!

@Seasick Sailorsafe travels to you today; will you be waving at the webcams tomorrow?  If so, we'll look for you!

@marshhawkso sorry to hear of your in-law family's health issues.  I'd be keeping a close eye on DH if I were you!

I mentioned yesterday the issue I had with our Christmas cards, and having to order new ones - well, I ordered them online on Sunday and they arrived yesterday.  Talk about great customer service!  Now I have to go out and purchase a white ink pen, as the back of the cards is black - go figure.  LOL  At least I'll be able to get them into the mail with the possibility that they get to their destinations before Christmas.

Not a lot on our agenda today; I think I'll look in my recipe file to see what to make next.  I know little shortbread logs are a family favourite, so will likely make a batch of them later in the afternoon when the butter is thawed.  I'm also going to make up a batch of microwave mug cake mix to put into decorative containers for the neighbours.   It's an easy gift that doesn't break the bank when you want to give something small at Christmas.

I like today's menu suggestion, but don't have any turkey on hand, so will take a pass.  I've got a pork loin that will go into the slow cooker with a bottle of barbecue sauce and will be turned into pulled pork sandwiches  with coleslaw at the kitchen table tonight.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who needs them, cheers to all who are celebrating.  Stay well, be safe.

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

Edited by ger_77
  • Like 29
  • Thanks 1

Good morning! Per doctor I’m out of quarantine so at least I have choices today!  Another warm and foggy morning but possible rain and cooler weather may be here in the coming days.

Henry Happy Birthday to you. Roy thanks for having on your care list other then productive coughing it’s time for prayers and thoughts be for one more in need. Thanks.

Have a great day!

image.jpeg.494ac21c3ae120dfd2b7d9dfa3637ebc.jpeg   

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 14

It feels like I've been out of touch for ages. The ship has not been in the right place for satellite reception so no internet for nearly a week. The Island Princess arrives back in Ft. Lauderdale from Rome on Monday but we are among just a few who are staying on for 10 more days. It was a bumpy ride for a few days while we skirted a tropical storm which caused us to miss Casablanca and Funchal. We did visit Tenerife instead so that helped offset the disappointment of missing Morocco. Now to catch up with the Daily! Take care everyone and have a great weekend.

• Like 23

Kilbeggan Brosna Sour:

Ingredients
2 parts Kilbeggan® Single Grain Irish Whiskey
¼ part Lemon Juice
¾ part Grapefruit Juice
¾ par Simple Syrup
1 Egg White

Instructions
Combine ingredients, shake without ice, then add ice (½ tin) and shake again. Serve up in a coupe glass.

Screenshot 2022-12-10 at 8.27.35 AM.png

• Like 15
  • Thanks 9

Good morning everyone. Thanks for today’s report and recipes.  The Dewey Decimal System keeps our library books in order.  Animal rights are important for creatures that cannot speak for themselves. A lager would go nicely with today’s meal suggestion which sounds delicious.  I haven’t been to today’s port but will enjoy the photos.  Prayers for everyone on our prayer list.  Cheers to everyone celebrating happy events today!  

• Like 18