The Fleet Report and Daily for Sunday December 25th, 2022

rafinmd

21 hours ago, superoma said:

Good morning all. Wind has died down, still cold but not currently snowing.  

I am looking for some cc help this morning. I usually only read a couple of threads, the daily, kazu, now rich and scrapnana which is finished now. However, with the world cruise coming up, I will probably add several more to the list, potentially 10 based on the list from the inside cabin. I sign up for the blog emails (like writer on deck and rafinmd) when possible but is there a place here on cc where I can track the threads by themselves, sort of like putting them in a folder so I don’t have to search the Hal pages?  I always shut off the cc notifications because i don't want to sort thru all those emails. But if that is the best way I will turn them on. Thanks for any info

What I do:

Subscribe to the threads you want and say "no notifications".  To find the threads you are subscribed to quickly, bookmark this link:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/discover/623

It will pull up a list of all subscribed threads used in the past year, starting with the newest ones.

Roy

• Like 13
  • Thanks 9

Merry Christmas to all . We had about an inch of snow overnight and while it is still cold at least the wind has died down. Quiet day here today, just dh, myself and our daughter’s dog. We will be having steak and potatoes done in the air fryer for dinner.

• Like 24

1 minute ago, rafinmd said:

What I do:

Subscribe to the threads you want and say "no notifications".  To find the threads you are subscribed to quickly, bookmark this link:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/discover/623

It will pull up a list of all subscribed threads used in the past year, starting with the newest ones.

Roy

Thanks Roy, that should simplify things for me.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

A very Merry Christmas and last day of Hanukah!  I hope that every one of you has a wonderful memorable Holiday.   I need to wake up the DH so that he can open his presents before the cats do.

Dinner is Chinese with our neighbor, the restaurant wont be open for dining, but take out.  I just need to get moving!  Set up the dining room to look like Christmas and  not an office.

CANX49-Regretful-Cat-Dog-Christmas-Card-5985-p[ekm]1000x1000[ekm].jpg

• Like 19
  • Haha 10

1 hour ago, aliaschief said:

Merry Christmas everyone! Santa has arrived but the grandkids are still asleep. Some quiet time and a hot coffee.

We had a delicious prime rib dinner. Enjoyed watching the children and their excitement that Santa is coming.

Today’s dinner will be centered around a honey baked ham. 
Well, kids are starting to stir so I need to get ready for the big event.

May all of you have a wonderful and Blessed Christmas Day.🎄

image.jpeg.a130ef245a7e691c7bb4301ecf0a8f19.jpegimage.jpeg.eb07305d7aad8885bdf3f5c0b10c665f.jpeg

Same dinners for us — prime rib last night and ham today!  🎄

• Like 16

5 minutes ago, SusieKIslandGirl said:

Merry Christmas Everyone although it’s not turning out quite as planned. DS had to take DDIL to the hospital last night because of a severe Crohn’s flare. They’re still waiting for a decision on the best treatment. Hopefully they’ll be home soon.

Screenshot_20221224_105757.jpg

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, DFD1 said:

MERRY CHRISTMAS Everyone.

35 Degrees here this morning in Winter Haven, cold for us, but not too bad compared to most of the country.

Just went above freezing in the Tampa Bay FL area (33 degrees). And Frostproof, Florida kept its name intact. Did not reach freezing (34 degrees)

Edited by RedneckBob
  • Like 16

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  Merry Christmas from DH and I to all my Daily family; whether you celebrate Christmas or not, I wish you a time of peace, happiness and good health.

Like some of you, we’re sitting in the glow of a Christmas tree, waiting for the grands to wake up and start the shrieks of delight that could soften even the hardest of hearts.  The cinnamon buns are cooling on the counter, the buns are rising in the pans, and we’re enjoying the moment.

D6BEA984-A8C0-47F6-AC4C-35E702CA36A6.thumb.jpeg.07bd96170cde1433c794f5268f37022d.jpeg

We had our Christmas ham yesterday, so today we’ll enjoy turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes and gravy, a mixture of vegetables, and for dessert, birthday cake, as I celebrate another trip around the sun.  And wine.

Prayers for all who are in need,  loud cheers for everyone who is celebrating.  Be safe, stay well.  

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry.

• Like 37

Merry Christmas! Power is still off in Skykomish with no estimate of when it will be restored. The line crews (that truly work in all sorts of conditions) are being forced to be cautious because of the freezing rain on top of feet of snow in a fire zone that is prone to avalanche and debris flow for the next five to seven years. Highway 2 is closed on both sides of town: closed to the east due to avalanche danger and freezing rain, and closed to the west due to downed trees and water over the roadway. 

Christmas Eve service went well yesterday; a candlelight service doesn't need a lot of power. We did use the generator to bring the temperature up in the building and for PowerPoint presentations for story, scripture, and songs. We don't expect many at church this morning, but will still be there for whoever chooses to join us.

• Like 25
  • Thanks 3

Merry Christmas to all.  Happy last day of Hanukah to those who celebrate it.  Great news to tell you on National Pumpkin Pie Day.  I have completed my baking for the year.  I am not a baker, since I only bake two pies a year.  One at Thanksgiving and the other one at Christmas.  The pumpkin pie I baked yesterday turned out very well.  I have an excellent recipe for pie for anyone who needs it.    Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.  Open up the box from Mrs. Smith or (Marie Callendar if you are expecting company).  Wrap the crust edges with aluminum foil and place the pie in the oven and bake for 75 to 80 minutes.  Remove the pie from the oven and let pie cool.  To serve, cut pie into four pieces, slather each slice with Cool Whip, using 1/4 of Cool Whip container for each slice, and then enjoy all of your hard work.

Don't forget the put the box in the trash before company arrives.  Enjoy, and a Happy Pumpkin Pie Day to everyone.

Helpful Hint:  If you are having more than four guests, you will need more than one pie, so plan accordingly to the total number of guests.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 19

@ger_77 Happy Birthday!!

For those of you that don't know what "A'phabet Day" is, look at the word closely.  There is "No L"   Kind of like   "abcefghijkmnopqrstuvwxyz" on a test in school during the week before Christmas.

Merry Christmas to all who celebrate it.  We are going out for Chinese food tonight. 

• Like 20
  • Thanks 2

Merry Christmas and last night Hanukah and a Very Merry Birthday to @ger_77!  🎄🎂🎁

I made it across the Peace Bridge at Buffalo just before they closed all the bridges.  They re-opened the bridges into Canada after two days but the bridges back into the US are still closed.  The weather has warmed up to a balmy -15c/5f with the wind chill.  😮 😭 🥶

We will be having Christmas dinner at my daughter and son-in-law’s.  My parents won’t be able to join us because my father is quite ill.  My sister, brother, and I will stop by there before we head out.

I hope everyone has a wonderful, carefree, and loving day.  Stay healthy and stay safe.  🎄

• Like 22
  • Thanks 3

Good morning friends and Merry Christmas to everyone!  It's 8 degrees, no make that 10 degrees!  The sun is out!  No teenager up yet here, just the 9 month old puppy Sadie.  Today we're preparing a spiral sliced ham along with lasagna and Italian bread.  To accompany the ham will be scalloped potatoes and green bean casserole.  We have a pumpkin pie in the oven and DDIL will bring a chocolate and an apple pie with them when they arrive from Ann Arbor.  It's not often we have the menu suggestion (ham) and the celebration day (pumpkin pie) all on the same day!  

Thanks to Rich and Roy, Dixie, Ann and Debbie for their devoted duties performed for us on the Daily.  Prayers for those in need and cheers to all on the Celebration list.  

Today is another new port day, Wellington, New Zealand.  A memorable day from a past visit on Dec. 2, 2017 while on Sun Princess.  We had a shuttle drop us off downtown and walked a few blocks to the Cable Car ticket counter.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLEWnN52IfOrC0yemhEiUld?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1671981394

This is where they load and unload.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIdtwTsepU48pBhvf7p0y6H?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513625732

It actually seems like a funicular to me, but once on top we stopped to take a photo of the view up there with the cable car going past.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJiz4UW3Y8j-hB-di-TOciM?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513625767

Planning our route into the Botanical Garden00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVI4widCVNgTyj-UZjAk6-lD?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513625774

The visitor center and entrance to the Garden.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJpMId3tueTYqVi_iMClfrz?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513625778

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJ0KFK-YkDAYAAK5EwYZBJF?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513625784

In the visitor center we saw this old time cable car00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIjs1IhhAk0Bh-perw1a_48?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513625828

Outside we saw this sundial00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJd6WjOHFG8J_dlFq1Cj62X?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513625822

This tells you how to use the sundial during each month of the year.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKODQ2abGPsnpLmfyIazHCX?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1671981303

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVK6UjwuJsnrVg4_kPb72aGS?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513625872

They had a cactus and succulent section in the garden.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJO5V96np8iXFUE3qK1CFKe?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513625891

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIAgGX82jH48ZDrsyG5uRjh?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513625899

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVI6XXlZ_QIOM_v9ie12Cfrs?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513625920

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJw1HkCYv-23ht-yd8MOmrf?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1671981288

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKryq7NjFrJ82tA7fOMBT50?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513626005

This family was feeding a whole flock of ducks00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKJlYxcxtd3t93_mly1NARn?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513626021

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLIqyq-HKA6GIsB6SOHtFon?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513626044

From the gardens we walked past the Parliament Building00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIpcqANMXQVGN3JiA3Ysj6S?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513620569

and the Beehive which is the Executive wing of the Parliament.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLj0-2PO-8LtNtJO1lyMiIB?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1671982909

Then we passed by the National War Memorial before heading back to our shuttle bus.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKr9JBAZ2N3QNsf2ib3LDJH?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1671983003

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJu4lXkQFMbhCPZDB9CbDv_?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513626103

An interesting sculpture along the way.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKInEz6mNuWwcTMI8HhZVhl?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1671981272

• Like 25
  • Thanks 5

14 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Good morning friends and Merry Christmas to everyone!  It's 8 degrees, no make that 10 degrees!  The sun is out!  No teenager up yet here, just the 9 month old puppy Sadie.  Today we're preparing a spiral sliced ham along with lasagna and Italian bread.  To accompany the ham will be scalloped potatoes and green bean casserole.  We have a pumpkin pie in the oven and DDIL will bring a chocolate and an apple pie with them when they arrive from Ann Arbor.  It's not often we have the menu suggestion (ham) and the celebration day (pumpkin pie) all on the same day!  

Thanks to Rich and Roy, Dixie, Ann and Debbie for their devoted duties performed for us on the Daily.  Prayers for those in need and cheers to all on the Celebration list.  

Today is another new port day, Wellington, New Zealand.  A memorable day from a past visit on Dec. 2, 2017 while on Sun Princess.  We had a shuttle drop us off downtown and walked a few blocks to the Cable Car ticket counter.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLEWnN52IfOrC0yemhEiUld?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1671981394

This is where they load and unload.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIdtwTsepU48pBhvf7p0y6H?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513625732

It actually seems like a funicular to me, but once on top we stopped to take a photo of the view up there with the cable car going past.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJiz4UW3Y8j-hB-di-TOciM?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513625767

Planning our route into the Botanical Garden00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVI4widCVNgTyj-UZjAk6-lD?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513625774

The visitor center and entrance to the Garden.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJpMId3tueTYqVi_iMClfrz?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513625778

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJ0KFK-YkDAYAAK5EwYZBJF?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513625784

In the visitor center we saw this old time cable car00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIjs1IhhAk0Bh-perw1a_48?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513625828

Outside we saw this sundial00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJd6WjOHFG8J_dlFq1Cj62X?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513625822

This tells you how to use the sundial during each month of the year.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKODQ2abGPsnpLmfyIazHCX?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1671981303

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVK6UjwuJsnrVg4_kPb72aGS?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513625872

They had a cactus and succulent section in the garden.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJO5V96np8iXFUE3qK1CFKe?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513625891

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIAgGX82jH48ZDrsyG5uRjh?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513625899

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVI6XXlZ_QIOM_v9ie12Cfrs?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513625920

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJw1HkCYv-23ht-yd8MOmrf?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1671981288

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKryq7NjFrJ82tA7fOMBT50?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513626005

This family was feeding a whole flock of ducks00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKJlYxcxtd3t93_mly1NARn?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513626021

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLIqyq-HKA6GIsB6SOHtFon?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513626044

From the gardens we walked past the Parliament Building00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIpcqANMXQVGN3JiA3Ysj6S?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513620569

and the Beehive which is the Executive wing of the Parliament.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLj0-2PO-8LtNtJO1lyMiIB?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1671982909

Then we passed by the National War Memorial before heading back to our shuttle bus.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKr9JBAZ2N3QNsf2ib3LDJH?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1671983003

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJu4lXkQFMbhCPZDB9CbDv_?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513626103

An interesting sculpture along the way.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKInEz6mNuWwcTMI8HhZVhl?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1671981272

Great photos of Wellington. We did this trip way back in 2002 on the Regal Princess. You went to same places we did ! We have same photos. What’s going on.

• Like 11
  • Haha 4

Merry Christmas to all that celebrate. Wishing everyone peace and joy!

Services last night were beautiful & I got the good news from our sr. pastor that I made it onto the list for his England/Scotland tour next October! Usually I have a cruise scheduled by the time he announces his itinerary for the following year. A nice Christmas present!

Our plan to visit family for dinner today was cancelled because they are iced in. We'll go next weekend after the ice melts -- still within the 12 days of Christmas!

Prayers for all, and love to all the Daily-ites!

• Like 24