The Fleet Report and Daily for Tuesday February 14th, 2023

cat shepard

20 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

I do have a question about HAL today, I read in the section what you need to know-Why does HAL take your passport away from you when you board?    I'm doing Alaska and Canada from Vancouver.

HAL will not take your passport when you board your Alaskan cruise. There are only a few ports that require ships to do so to facilitate going ashore.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, rafinmd said:

Thank you @richwmn and @cat shepard for today's daily.  Unfortunately, this is not a happy day in my family.  My brother died 2 years ago today.  Later this morning I see my pulminologist.  Thank you @JazzyV for the lists which appeared while I was typing.

Roy

Thinking of you today Roy.The anniversaries  are hard. I hope the doc has good news for you though.

• Like 17

47 minutes ago, dfish said:

Good morning, everyone!  

Happy Valentine's Day to all who are celebrating.   I'm spending the day by going to the gym and then going over to DB's to help clean the apartment.  He's worried about state inspection on Thursday, but unless he has obvious mold and rot issues, I think he'd be ok.  He's normally pretty neat and clean.  @smitty34877 I guess he's frustrating his physical therapist because he has his own way of doing things.  He's relying on a wheelchair the apartment building is letting him use rather than getting up and walking and the knee is pretty stiff.  You can't tell him anything!

Today's meal may not be very romantic, but it is comfort food for those who celebrate solo.  This first one would have been good for Sunday's game.  https://thymeforcocktails.com/chili-cheese-meatball-skillet/

779846072_skilletchiliandmeatballs1.jpg.4544ebc822879af385786421b9e2abe0.jpg

This next one looks pretty good, too!  I can feel the pounds packing on just by looking at the picture.

https://thecuriousplate.com/one-skillet-meatballs-with-chili-sauce/

1904869364_skilletchiliandmeatballs2.thumb.jpg.dbeebd3290095472c901c5b1a3e60e5d.jpg

This one is slightly different, but I had to include it after our discussion yesterday of names.  It comes from HEB, so let's see what Mr. Butt has for us.  https://www.heb.com/recipe/recipe-item/skillet-green-chili-meatball-alfredo/1399005988616

947201272_skilletchiliandmeatballs3.png.ea8ea52423762021616a2e291e0f76a1.png

This recipe from Fustini's uses an infused olive oil.  If you have a Fustini's near you, try it out.  Other spicy infused olive oils would also work.  They have an olive oil/vinegar combination of Persian Lime and Coconut that I love for fish.   https://www.fustinis.com/recipes-nav/recipes/skillet-chili-meatballs

2118061007_skilletchiliandmeatballs4.png.2c13e6bc5efb25cee614828ab19d4fea.png

I'm sure there is one of these that can appeal to almost everyone.  

Healing thoughts and hugs to all who are ailing in any way.   Cheers to those who are celebrating.  Wishing you all a wonderful day.

Oh Debbie, I have had many patients  like your DB.The doctors often had to do manipulation  under anesthesia  to RIP through the adhesions that form so quickly.I learned early on that it was never worth arguing with them about walking and exercise.....sometimes the other patients in a rehab setting would get after those who did this.Peer pressure. I am sorry.

• Like 20

1 hour ago, marshhawk said:

Happy Valentine's Day to the sweetest people I know.

beautiful-hearts-stock-image-1.jpg

+  

A lotta 💖 shared here!  Each one of you, give yourself a hug!  

Blessings for all in need of healing, comfort or hope. 
Congrats to all celebrating!  
Maureen 

• Like 21

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!   I like the idea of giving books; they last much longer than most gifts.  While I haven't been on a ferris wheel in ages, I do love going up and around in them.  We signed our organ donor cards years ago when they first came attached to our driver's licenses.  Love the quote today.

Happy Valentine's Day to all my friends here at the FR&D!  Whether you're alone or with somebody, treat yourself special today because you are loved.

We had a lovely pre-Valentine's dinner with our friends last night.  The food was delicious - I had the lamb chops (5 of them, of which 2 came home), DH had the Chicago style ribs (half of them came home as well), while our friends enjoyed seafood Alfredo and steak.  It was a great time for the 4 of us to go over the cruise we'd just come off, and to talk about possibilities for another in the future.  We agreed that we'd book a cruise this week if only we didn't have to fly to the port city.   Flying really takes the fun out of travel - it used to be fun and exciting to fly, but not any more.

@smitty34877I'm sorry Tana didn't get better news; hopefully her situation will improve soon!

@rafinmdgood luck at the pulmonologist today.

@Seasick Sailorlooking back at yesterday's Daily, you posted briefly that you'd been to the clinic - can you share the results?

@marshhawksorry you got fired from one campaign, but happy you got full hours on the other.  And woo hoo that DH gets his own computer!!

Not a lot happening here today, although I think DH wants to get some shopping done.  He needs baskets to organize some things in the garage, so it'll be dollar store shopping today.  Because we went out for dinner last night, I planned our Valentine's dinner at home - salmon, air fried asparagus, hasselback potatoes and Caeser salad at the kitchen table tonight.  And wine.

Prayers for all who have needs, with extra for the gun violence that happened last night at MSU.  We'll cheer loudly for everyone with celebrations today.

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry 

• Like 25
  • Thanks 3

Thanks to all who collaborated on the todays Daily, lists, menus, drinks, wine, etc.  Cheers to you 🥂.

Prayers for all in need, and smiles for those with good news. 

A special thought for all our solos and singles here today ❤️.
Valentine’s Day can be hard on those who have recently lost someone, or are alone for any reason.    Have a glass of wine 🍷 tonight, and toast yourself, for being the marvelous person you are ! ❤️🍷❤️🍷❤️🍷

• Like 23
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, ottahand7 said:

@smitty34877  Terry, I am sorry about Tana's disappointing news.  

Sandi @StLouisCruisersI am so sad to hear of the bad news about your DB.  I am also sorry to hear your ship is so crowded.  

Roy @rafinmd I hope you have good news at your pulmonologist today. 

Ann thank you for doing the Daily and care reports for us. We will stay in Buenos Aires until 19:00.  A nice surprise for many guests I am sure. We were in port with a smaller Royal Caribbean Shop, a Silversea ship and today so far it it is a smaller MSC ship. 

Happy Valentine's Day!   We are having a Valentine's dinner in the PG and a special bottle of wine with dinner.  We will walk around the city today.  No message from Guest Services yet. 

Prayers for all on our Care list, the people of Ukraine and Tana, Jacqui, Kathi and Roy. @grapau27 thank you for the update on Sarah. I am glad to hear her pain is beginning to get better. 

We did a panoramic city tour and tapas and wine yesterday afternoon. It was a overview of some of the sights in the old town. Then we had our tasting in a restaurant cellar and had an informative talk about the growing regions of Argentinian wines.  We didn't get to taste any chardonnay so we didn't buy anything there (the ship is currently out of decent chardonnay) so we selected a couple of Catena Mendoza chardonnays at the port facility. We were able to bring them aboard with no corkage because of our tour allowing a bottle each no corkage.  The food and wine were very nice, the comments were excellent but the glasses were crummy. That is our last shorex until February 24. Very little in Brazil are compelling and after hearing of Sandi's experiences in Brazil with the heat I don't think we will be to disappointed.  Have a wonderful day!  Ours started with a beautiful sunrise.  I always know when to get up when I hear cabin doors slamming. 

IMG_20230211_105202785.jpg

IMG_20230213_142035477_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230213_142633584_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230213_144355755_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230213_145935102.jpg

IMG_20230213_151231996.jpg

IMG_20230213_152822382.jpg

IMG_20230213_154556692.jpg

IMG_20230213_160614481.jpg

IMG_20230214_063042774_HDR.jpg

Thank you.

Awesome photos thanks for posting them.

Graham.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Suslor said:

Happy Valentines Day to all ❤️💌💕. Today is also my DH’s birthday so that’s what we’ll celebrate. 
prayers for all because we all need them and wishes to those needing for a swift recovery. 

Happy birthday to your husband.

76CD6CA2-D30F-404E-AC90-45961FE1F856.jpeg.804952145e44e55013c61f6aa17aa71e.jpeg

• Like 9

Good morning Dailyites. 

Happy Valentine's Day!

image.png.689fd792d27e42a1847226694742fde8.png

Lifting up prayers this morning to all on the care list. Terry, my heart feels heavy for Tana and the news you received. 

I had Xrays yesterday morning and still no calls or messages in my-chart. I think it's time to dump this guy.. I do feel better today although would like to know about the displaced rib recovery..

image.png.0bc0e687a26a34631594024f49349ba3.png

Today I have a hair cut, then manicure. We will stay in tonight and I'll make dinner. I'm so excited to see our great nephew tomorrow. He's so adorable!! 

I'm keeping an eye on Hawaii weather. It will be another week though before we actually get there on Koningsdam. I'm sorry for those who missed ports due to weather. Hoping we are luckier!

Have a wonderful day. Be kind.

The London Eye. Very fun slow ride.

0817181110_HDR.thumb.jpg.ab74f8b2485d0bd3a4c02902e6112d8b.jpg

• Like 29
  • Thanks 2

Good morning friends!  We moved our clocks back one hour last night so I'm on central time.  Happy Valentine's Day to everyone!❤️  To any of you who have sailed Princess before do you remember on the first formal night they had the champagne waterfall and Captain presenting his officers?  I enjoyed watching that last night, and another treat was the Elite canapes they sent - chocolate covered strawberries! 

Organ donation is extremely important but like others said, who wants our old broken down parts?  🤕 For decades I've been a bone marrow donor but no one wanted my donation and I guess I'm too old to donate anymore!  😏

Thanks to everyone who brings us the Daily each day.  Prayers for the many on the Care List and cheers for everyone celebrating.  I have not been to Pulau Penang Island before and I don't see it listed as a previous port on the Daily.  Lastly, safe travels home Bruce and Sue @aliaschief.

• Like 27

💖 HAPPY VALENTINE DAY! 💞

For a change, the weather forecast was correct.  We got 0.36 inches of rain overnight.  It is clearing right now, but will turn cloudy again, with a wind advisory.  Later the clouds will move back in, and it will be cloudy for the foreseeable future.  At least, our temperatures will be warn until Thursday.

Until 2020, when we stopped exchanging gifts, the DDs and I would often give books.  Older DD still takes some of my books to read after I've finished them.  I am not a fan of traditional Ferris wheels, but would like to go on the London Eye.  My driver's license says I'm an organ donor, but I might be past the age to donate.

An interesting quote today.

We'll pass on the meal and the drink.  The wine sounds nice, but pricey.

We have been to Malaysia, but not to Pulau Penang.  As far as I could tell this is a new port for the Daily.  So, I guess those that have been to the port will have to hunt for pictures to share with us.  I see Sandi, beat me to this.  

@aliaschief  Safe travels home today, Bruce.   Thank you for all the wonderful pictures from Cancun.

@smitty34877  Terry, I'm very sorry that yesterday's doctor's visit was so depressing for Tana and you.  She is very lucky to have you to discuss things with and to help her.  Good luck at the orthopedist today.

@rafinmd  Roy, I'm sorry today brings sad memories of your brother's death.  I hope you get a good report from your pulmonologist today.

@summer slope  Dixie, I hope the ultrasound does not show any surprises.  It's always good to be proactive about our health.  Enjoy your visit with you nephew, his family and friend.

@dfish  Debbie, thanks for including the HEB recipe.  HEB is a regional grocery chain in Texas and Mexico, and is owned by the family 90% and employees 10%.  it was recently named the number one grocery chain in the US.  The company has turned the name into their slogan:  "Here Everything's Better".  I hope your DB will soon realize he needs to get up and walk.

@superoma  Eva, please wish your twins a Happy 52nd Birthday for us.

@Suslor  Sending Happy Birthday wishes to your DH.

@Seasick Sailor  Joy, I also think it's time for a new doctor, and maybe a new clinic.  Glad you are feeling better.

@StLouisCruisers  Sandi, I'm sorry your DB's medical report was not good.

Lenda

Edited by Quartzsite Cruiser
  • Like 25
  • Thanks 1

Happy Valentine's Day everyone!

Up early again today for my ultrasound appointment.  I set the alarm for 6:30 but have been awake since 4:45. 🙄 

It's 32 degrees F now, and we had a little snow last night.  Now fog is rolling in...DH said he would drive me to my appointment, I'll see how the roads are when I have to leave in 90 minutes.  We have a big hill to get down before the freeway entrance.

Terry @smitty34877I'm sorry that you and Tana received depressing news yesterday and agree that how the news is relayed can make such a difference.  

@superomaHappy birthday to your twins!  Thank you for sharing the photo again -- such cuties!

Roy @rafinmdI hope you have a good visit today with your pulmonary doctor.  Thinking of you too on the anniversary of your brother's death.  The first few years are the hardest, I know.  My sister passed 13 years ago on the 12th.

@SuslorHappy birthday to your DH!

I must have missed Sandi's @StLouisCruiserspost about her brother -- will go back and read yesterday's Daily now.  

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

For decades I've been a bone marrow donor but no one wanted my donation and I guess I'm too old to donate anymore! 

Same here. The marrow registry drops you after age 60. I don't know whether that's because it wouldn't be beneficial to a recipient or because it would be too dangerous for the donor.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

Good morning. Happy Valentine's Day!

BFF and I give books to each other. I like Ferris wheels; I grew up at the shore with a boardwalk and a building with a Ferris wheel in it. And the London Eye was closed the time I wanted to go on it. Anyone who can should be an organ donor; I am. Love the quote. The meal sounds interesting. Yes to the drink (altho high calorie); I'd like the wine but it's out of my budget.

I haven't been to Pulau Penang Island.

It's going to be another nice day here. We started off around 28F, but it's sunny and will go up in the 50's later. I have to laugh at myself. I put on a new belt, one of those rachet kind, and couldn't figure out how to get it off! I thought I might have to cut it off. I have another that's easy to operate. I finally found a little lever on the side of the buckle, that released it. LOL. BFF and I are going out to eat this afternoon, but before the Valentine's Day hordes are out.

@cat shepard Thanks for starting us up today.

@0106 Nice sunrise.

@aliaschief Safe travels home. Thanks for sharing photos from Cancun.

@smitty34877 Prayers for Tana and your family, as you navigate this difficult situation. I hope your post-op visit goes well today.

@rafinmd Indeed a sad anniversary of your brother's death. I hope the visit to the Pulmonologist goes well.

@dfish Thanks for the recipes. Sorry DB is not following PT recommendations. 

@superoma Happy Birthday to the twins!

@ottahand7 Thanks for sharing photos of your day yesterday.

@Suslor Happy Birthday to DH!

@Seasick Sailor Unbelievable that no call yet; I agree that you need to find someone else. I'm glad you're feeling somewhat better. 

@StLouisCruisers My first ever cruise was on Princess many years ago; there was a champagne fountain on formal night (I have a picture by it). I aged out of being a bone marrow donor too. 

@Cruising-along I hope the US is helpful to your medical people.

Prayers for the Care List and Cheers for the Celebration List.

Stay well everyone.

Asbury Park Ferris Wheel - you look out onto the Atlantic Ocean when at the top.

image.thumb.jpeg.b2bc31590720e1b58f8efa36b595d40d.jpeg

Edited by JazzyV
  • Like 25
  • Thanks 3

54 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Good morning Dailyites. 

Happy Valentine's Day!

image.png.689fd792d27e42a1847226694742fde8.png

Lifting up prayers this morning to all on the care list. Terry, my heart feels heavy for Tana and the news you received. 

I had Xrays yesterday morning and still no calls or messages in my-chart. I think it's time to dump this guy.. I do feel better today although would like to know about the displaced rib recovery..

image.png.0bc0e687a26a34631594024f49349ba3.png

Today I have a hair cut, then manicure. We will stay in tonight and I'll make dinner. I'm so excited to see our great nephew tomorrow. He's so adorable!! 

I'm keeping an eye on Hawaii weather. It will be another week though before we actually get there on Koningsdam. I'm sorry for those who missed ports due to weather. Hoping we are luckier!

Have a wonderful day. Be kind.

The London Eye. Very fun slow ride.

0817181110_HDR.thumb.jpg.ab74f8b2485d0bd3a4c02902e6112d8b.jpg

Great photo of you two.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1