The Fleet Report and Daily for Wednesday February 15th, 2023

cat shepard

Today is National Gum Drop Day, Singles Awareness Day, and Susan B Anthony Day

Parrots make great pets. They have more personality than goldfish. - Chevy Chase

Meal Suggestion for today - Chicken and Sausage Gumbo
Drink of the Day - Cherry Margarita
Wine of the Day - Domaine du Vieux Télégraphe Châteauneuf-du-Pape La Crau 2019
Destination of the Day - Semarang, Java Indonesia

Eurodam

Fort Lauderdale, Port Everglades, Florida 07:00 - 16:00

Koningsdam

At Sea Destination Ensenada, Baja California Mexico eta 2-17

Nieuw Amsterdam

Oranjestad, Aruba 17:00 - 23:00

Nieuw Statendam

Grand Turk Island, Cockburn Town, Turks and Caicos 07:00 - 17:00

Oosterdam

At Sea Destination Ushuaia, Argentina eta 2-17

Rotterdam

Fort Lauderdale, Port Everglades, Florida 07:00 - 16:00

Volendam

At Sea Destination Santos, Sao Paulo, Brazil eta 2-17

Zaandam

Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco, Mexico Riviera 10:00 - 20:00

Eastern Hemisphere

Noordam

At Sea Destination Fiordland National Park, New Zealand eta 2-17

Westerdam

Jakarta, Java Indonesia 08:00 - 23:00

Zuiderdam

Adelaide, South Australia 23:00 Depart

276C6E3F-536D-4081-B782-A2CF48625BEF.thumb.jpeg.15e2cfb427c44680615378e2856631dc.jpeg

5924D869-3D46-451E-8EC0-DC1A6EAF4372.jpeg.479cdcb24381210b2d3e7257aaabc06b.jpeg

Ann for Paul, Sandi, Roy & Rich - who created it all!

Edited by cat shepard
I had to use my decoder ring to translate the wine’s name!
  • Like 24
  • Thanks 13

Good morning.  Thanks for the Hump Day Daily and Fleet Report.

Another nice day in the forecast for us.  A high of 11°C (normal high is -2°C) and a chance of showers - not snow.  Strange weather for February.

A nice collection of days.  I haven't had a gum drop in ages.  A big salute to Susan B Anthony.  Being single can be a good thing.

I like the quote.

The meal sounds good.  I'm sure the drink is tasty too.  Hope the wine isn't too expensive.

Prayers for everyone. 

Stay safe.

• Like 23

Good afternoon from a sunny 5°C North East coast of England.

Many thanks Ann @cat shepardfor keeping the daily reports going in Rich,Roy and Sandi's absence.

Today's food sounds interesting.

We have never been to today's port so I will be interested in seeing photos.

Paulines cousin emigrated to Adelaide Australia 16 years ago so I'm looking forward to Seeing Rich's photos from Adelaide today on his world cruise.

Sending my best wishes to all of my friends who are currently unwell and to those who are currently enjoying their cruises.

Many thanks to everyone who acknowledge my posts and sent their good wishes for Sarah and myself.

Love to you all.

Graham x.

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the Fleet update and general info.

Sorry CC members. Missed yesterday post due to special day for me and the Misses. I try not to get to addictive on social media. In fact the CC is the only place I post. Don’t have Facebook, twitter, instragram, tic took, etc. still have flip up phone with rotary dial.

Now for the special day, on Valentines Day took the Misses to our favorite place for dinner, Sonny’s BBQ and had a candlelight dinner. If anyone knows Sonny’s, had to provide my own candle, the battery kind. For dessert we went for a cruise around Dairy Queen and had a double scoop of soft serve vanilla cone. Yum. Yum.

Edited by RedneckBob
  • Like 15
  • Haha 12

Good morning Dailyites. 

Prayers lifted for so many today. Devastating news for our world. Roy I hope you get stronger each day, prayers for Tana, Sarah, Jacqui, Sandi's brother, Debbie's brother, and all those needing extra strength. Thankful Graham has been cleared. 

Well off we go today to San Diego. I can't wait to hug my little nephew! 

I hope everyone gets healthy,  stays healthy, and moves from our care list to celebrations!

• Like 25
  • Thanks 2

Rich, thank you for creating the program for this thread’s info! And for sharing your world cruise with us. Vanessa, thank you for taking the helm & keeping our lists up to date. 

It is a glorious, but cool morning here. I finally broke down and bought a Fitbit, so I will spend some time setting that up today. Bindi walks, yard work, and my afternoon HIIT class will round out my day. 

3ED55DB8-EF59-4BFA-BBFC-50BA52D797E1.jpeg.919e2023d2e4cf002c3d6ae43b5ad50e.jpeg

91E55EAE-57E4-4578-A136-4AE9A50C3A56.jpeg.23d80b5409bce0c3edf02c20fd51068d.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support! Cheers to all who are celebrating. Get well & stay well everyone!

Domaine du Vieux Télégraphe Châteauneuf-du-Pape La Crau 2019

This wine tempts me to break the budget. It sounds amazing, has excellent - superb reviews and is fairly reasonably priced for this wine. Numerous online distributors with prices starting at $76.98.

Winemaker Notes

#71 Wine Spectator Top 100 of 2022

This classic opens with a voluptuous aroma that gives and gives—it is striking because of its charm and floral notes. 

JS97 James Suckling
If anyone tells you that Châteauneuf is just a big red that’s never elegant, then they need to taste this masterpiece of elegance. So many spicy and savory nuances on the very concentrated but almost perfectly proportioned palate. This is both joyful and serious at the very long, focused finish. Decades of aging potential! Drink or hold.
RP96 Robert Parker's Wine Advocate

The 2019 Chateauneuf du Pape La Crau is a hugely successful vintage, marked by scents of sun-warmed stones, garrigue, black cherries and black olives. Full-bodied, rich and velvety, it finishes with tremendous length and softly dusty tannins, which should help ensure a long, positive evolution. Rating: 96+

V95 Vinous

Saturated ruby. Deep-pitched red/blue fruit liqueur aromas pick up suggestions of licorice, pipe tobacco and pungent flowers and herbs with air. In a lush, weighty style, offering expansive black raspberry, cherry cola, singed plum and fruitcake flavors sharpened by a jolt of spiciness on the back half. For all this wine's richness, it's energetic as well, showing solid, spice- and floral-driven persistence on the finish, which is framed by velvety, even tannins. 

JD94 Jeb Dunnuck
The 2019 Châteauneuf Du Pape is ruby/purple-hued and has the classic translucent color of the domaine. It's more precise and focused than the Télégramme and will need more time, but it offers a complex, gorgeous bouquet of red and black fruits, crushed stone, wild fennel, and ground pepper. Pure, medium to full-bodied, and elegant, do your best to hide bottles for 5-7 years and it's going to keep for two decades.
WS93 Wine Spectator

Silky and refined, with focused cherry puree, plum reduction and raspberry coulis notes racing through, infused subtly with rose petal, warm stone and lavender hints. Features nice perfume through the finish. Grenache, Mourvèdre, Syrah and Cinsault.

Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 20
  • Thanks 8
  • Haha 5

5 minutes ago, cat shepard said:

Rich, thank you for creating the program for this thread’s info! And for sharing your world cruise with us. Vanessa, thank you for taking the helm & keeping our lists up to date. 

It is a glorious, but cool morning here. I finally broke down and bought a Fitbit, so I will spend some time setting that up today. Bindi walks, yard work, and my afternoon HIIT class will round up my day. 

3ED55DB8-EF59-4BFA-BBFC-50BA52D797E1.jpeg.919e2023d2e4cf002c3d6ae43b5ad50e.jpeg

91E55EAE-57E4-4578-A136-4AE9A50C3A56.jpeg.23d80b5409bce0c3edf02c20fd51068d.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support! Cheers to all who are celebrating. Get well & stay well everyone!

Domaine du Vieux Télégraphe Châteauneuf-du-Pape La Crau 2019

This wine tempts me to break the budget. It sounds amazing, has excellent - superb reviews and is fairly reasonably priced for this wine. Numerous online distributors with prices starting at $76.98.

Winemaker Notes

#71 Wine Spectator Top 100 of 2022

This classic opens with a voluptuous aroma that gives and gives—it is striking because of its charm and floral notes. 

JS97 James Suckling
If anyone tells you that Châteauneuf is just a big red that’s never elegant, then they need to taste this masterpiece of elegance. So many spicy and savory nuances on the very concentrated but almost perfectly proportioned palate. This is both joyful and serious at the very long, focused finish. Decades of aging potential! Drink or hold.
RP96 Robert Parker's Wine Advocate

The 2019 Chateauneuf du Pape La Crau is a hugely successful vintage, marked by scents of sun-warmed stones, garrigue, black cherries and black olives. Full-bodied, rich and velvety, it finishes with tremendous length and softly dusty tannins, which should help ensure a long, positive evolution. Rating: 96+

V95 Vinous

Saturated ruby. Deep-pitched red/blue fruit liqueur aromas pick up suggestions of licorice, pipe tobacco and pungent flowers and herbs with air. In a lush, weighty style, offering expansive black raspberry, cherry cola, singed plum and fruitcake flavors sharpened by a jolt of spiciness on the back half. For all this wine's richness, it's energetic as well, showing solid, spice- and floral-driven persistence on the finish, which is framed by velvety, even tannins. 

JD94 Jeb Dunnuck
The 2019 Châteauneuf Du Pape is ruby/purple-hued and has the classic translucent color of the domaine. It's more precise and focused than the Télégramme and will need more time, but it offers a complex, gorgeous bouquet of red and black fruits, crushed stone, wild fennel, and ground pepper. Pure, medium to full-bodied, and elegant, do your best to hide bottles for 5-7 years and it's going to keep for two decades.
WS93 Wine Spectator

Silky and refined, with focused cherry puree, plum reduction and raspberry coulis notes racing through, infused subtly with rose petal, warm stone and lavender hints. Features nice perfume through the finish. Grenache, Mourvèdre, Syrah and Cinsault.

Thank you for the wine descriptions Ann.

The cat photo in a hat is priceless.

Graham.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for our Hump Day Daily, Ann.

well, I guess I will celebrate 2 of the days.  I am certainly aware I am single now 😉 We owe so much to Susan B Anthony and her work for the women’s movement.  I’ll happily celebrate her birthday. 🙂. LOL on today’s quote.  

In honour of single appreciation and those who spent Valentine’s day alone:

49FBA7FD-0F3F-450E-A207-66A5996B55A0.thumb.jpeg.26e031a8558f2ee97857ad2c08909b82.jpeg

I know lots of people who will be celebrating today because:

71CDA027-9C68-4547-A3E8-FA6DADFB3DF1.jpeg.02797991cd7e92b5b9d7e11c6a892239.jpeg

It’s an ouchy day here but hopefully more physio will loosen it and take it away. 🤞 

Sweet friend though of me yesterday and brought me a lovely plant (and fattening treats)

C8CE2EDA-12D6-419D-8BC3-F72F79DDF09B.thumb.jpeg.9e8cfc37e47937f473ba9cd6d65f7b06.jpeg

and my neighbour remembered a story Jose told her when I planted tulips when we first moved here and I didn’t know about the deer (the neighbours were laughing their heads off when they found out what I planted) and brought me these:

4A0E6C50-CD3C-42F5-A27A-5C1A62FBEEC2.thumb.jpeg.e173642084291be0d9bfad237a9f6b12.jpeg

Not sure why people think I like flowers 😂

I don’t know if any of you watch the Good Doctor, but proud to say that the lady who played the person in need of the double lung transplant (the blonde) is our own Elspeth Arbow who has actually lived through 2 double lung transplants due to her cystic fibrosis.  Just goes to show there is always hope.

5E5C483F-0874-4270-81A9-50611765C37F.webp.b004e79e6d455ff22ee45acb988028fd.webp

15 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Safe travels and hope you have a great visit.

Prayers for everyone on the care list, people in Ukraine, New Zealand & the victims of the earthquake and for all who need them.  And a toast 🥂 to those on the Celebratory list.

5B89C892-45EE-49E1-8F0D-E26ABDE4269E.jpeg.30626b7c6f9e72fdcc57fe2de3586425.jpeg

Have a great Monday everyone !!!!

• Like 32
  • Haha 4

Today’s care list:

Roy slowly improving; more tests ordered

Tana with continue pulmonary issues

Tupper10 with back pain despite epidural

MSU shooting victims 

40,000+ deaths after Turkish & Syrian earthquakes

Citizens of Ukraine

From the rotation:

Cruising sister recovering from hand surgery

Marshhawk’s DH’s vision issues

Cruising-along’s kidney issues 

Scrapnana undergoing chemotherapy

Celebrations and Shout outs:

Aliaschief welcome home

Ktbraun welcome home

0106 welcome home

Graham with good Dermatology appointment report

Smitty34877 with good report from Orthopedic doctor

Tupper10’s son released from the hospital

Luvteaching’s DH in the rehab facility

3 days for Seasick Sailor (Koningsdam 2/18 to 3/25)

3 days for 57redbird (Koningsdam 2/18 to 3/25)
StLouisCruisers (Sky Princess to 2/18), Cruzin Terri (Oceania Sirena to 2/19), Norseh2o (Oceania Marina to 4/6), Lindaler and Ottahand7 (Volendam to 3/18), and Cat in My Lap, Gail&Marty, Richwmn and HorizonChaser1957 (Zuiderdam to 5/12) at sea

• Like 17
  • Thanks 12

29 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Good morning Dailyites. 

Prayers lifted for so many today. Devastating news for our world. Roy I hope you get stronger each day, prayers for Tana, Sarah, Jacqui, Sandi's brother, Debbie's brother, and all those needing extra strength. Thankful Graham has been cleared. 

I hope everyone gets healthy,  stays healthy, and moves from our care list to celebrations!

Safe travels today Joy, for you and Allen.Enjoy the baby and your cruise as well.It is a great cruise  and  so relaxing on the sea days.

• Like 16

Good morning.  Happy February 15th.  Hope all had a nice day yesterday.  No chocolate for me — but did get flowers.

Have to talk about my DH.  He went shopping with his caretaker last night.  He brought me home flowers - which he does every week.  Yesterday he got me roses — but there were 2 bouquets in the grocery bags.   Before I could question his caretaker told me that when they got in the car DH told her that one bouquet was for her (she is divorced).  He told her everyone should have flowers on Valentines Day.  She was very touched.  My DH is a very kind and thoughtful man.  Just had to brag a little bit.

Prayers for all in need today.  Roy — wishing only the best test results.  Thanks to all who contribute to keeping this thread going.  One of my first starts to my day.  Katherine 

• Like 30
  • Thanks 4

Thank you Rich, Ann, Vanessa, and all our other contributors.  A double Hump Day today, both the week and February.  Been to Semerang just once, Crystal Symphony in 2014.

A nice day today, with just a jacket in the morning and over 60 in the afternoon. 

I slept well last night for the time I slept but still the 3AM curse (well, perhaps 3:15).

Roy

• Like 26
  • Thanks 5

Thank you for the fleet report. Safe travels and fun to Joy and Allen.  Lady Hudson your husband sounds like a gem.  So nice of him to think of others on Valentine's Day.

Kazu hope your elbow starts to feel better soon. You have such great neighbors and friends and the flowers are beautiful.

I am going to try and do some much needed errands today, and then a nap later. I could have joined you Roy at 3:30 AM - my wake up time and couldn't fall back to sleep.  

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

IMG_20230214_193959730_HDR.thumb.jpg.bba7944ca7710676c08821750b6ee3f9.jpgGood Wednesday morning. We are almost back into the Atlantic with a bit of Uruguay coast still in view. Beautiful sun and the high 60s.  Ann @Cat@cat shepard thanks for starting us off morning and @JazzyV for doing our Care and celebration lists.  Prayers for Roy, Tana and Kathi and those needing prayers.  Prayers for the people of Ukraine, Syria, Turkey and NZ and for the families impacted by the train derailment and the MSU community.  Thanks for the food and drinks each day.   

We had a lovely Valentine's Day dinner in the Pinnacle Grill.  I like that many of the special dinners don't have wine added so it mediates the cost.  We always bring a lot from home for these events.  It was lovely. We had a beautiful sunset leaving Buenos Aires yesterday.  Have a nice day! Nancy 

IMG_20230214_181316528.jpg

IMG_20230214_183053033.jpg

IMG_20230214_183122646.jpg

IMG_20230214_184501826.jpg

IMG_20230214_190426388.jpg

IMG_20230214_174955167.jpg

IMG_20230215_093339875.jpg

• Like 28
  • Thanks 3

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  I haven't had gum drops in ages, perhaps I should put them on the next shopping list.  I'm very aware of singles in our life, and thought of all of them yesterday when it was a day devoted mainly to couples.  Three cheers for Susan B Anthony!

I had an awful time trying to get on CC this morning - I kept getting a message saying "Update In Progress"  and "Try Again Later".  Anyone else have this issue?  It's strange how awful I felt knowing I couldn't get in touch with everyone!

@Lady Hudsonyour DH sounds like a real sweetheart; what a thoughtful thing for him to do.

@Seasick Sailorsafe travels to you & Allan; enjoy every little cuddle you can with Ethan!

@kazuI did see that episode of The Good Doctor; I didn't realize the actress was from Canada!  I'd heard the phrase 65 roses a number of years ago during a CF campaign.

Well my DH was a sweetheart yesterday as well, coming up with the most appropriate card for me.  It wasn't just one of the run of the mill Valentine red heart and lace type cards, it spoke to what we've enjoyed doing so much since we retired - travel the world.  Here's the front of it and in case you can't see because of the glare (hey, I'm a traveler, not a photographer), it says "and the adventure continues".

Card.JPG.66b9b62fdc113773c240c4d27620e0ff.JPG

Not much excitement here, except that our city is f-i-n-a-l-l-y going to be allowing compostable bags for kitchen waste to go into the green recycling bins.  That means I'm heading out to the dollar store to stock up on bags, because the city is mandating green bins (and a little pail for the kitchen) for every household to reduce the load on the landfill beginning in March.  Prior to this, they said they didn't have the proper equipment to break down the bags - apparently they do now.

I'd love to try today's drink of the day; I love a strawberry margarita, and can just imagine how yummy a cherry one would be.  If someone offered me a glass of today's wine, I would gladly accept that as well.  I might try today's menu suggestion, but not today - we've got a ton of leftovers in the fridge that need to be eaten.  It's looking like we'll be having boneless ribs, porcupine balls, salmon, hasselback potatoes and a salad for dinner at kitchen table tonight.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who is in need - especially the folks in New Zealand dealing with horrific flooding, the people in Turkey and Syria dealing with the aftermath of the earthquakes, the strong people of Ukraine, and of course our Daily family with health issues.  Cheers to all with celebrations today.

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

Edited by ger_77
  • Like 24
  • Thanks 1

Good morning. It is a nice day with a little breeze and 44 at present.I will salute the days and have not been to the port.I love gumbo and look forward to the recipe.

@JazzyV, Vanessa,I loved the picture  of you and the champagne  tower.Thank you for 

including  Tana on the list.She is trying hard to regain her usual optimism  but had a few bad moments  yesterday especially  talking with her son.

@kazu,Jacqui,  I hope the pain is less today.It sounds as if you have a really good therapist. Thanks as always fir the memes and laughs. 

All the best to all of you!

• Like 18
  • Thanks 3

Good morning! We got home on schedule but that 5 hour layover in Atlanta did us in. Just woke up and had a great night’s sleep in our bed and with “our” pillows!

Have the usual post trip chores that will keep me occupied for the day.

It was a great vacation and I’m home until April and our Eurodam cruise.

Got notification I Phone and I Pad have an update so will get that started.

Have a great day!

image.thumb.jpeg.649253c5a6a9398b08d865897f5aef05.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.e384a09a7359ffabdd2fcd30d140bcb1.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.b8e03e161774790ebf54e80d4a2aa7fb.jpeg

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 15

Happy Half Price Chocolate Day!!  I am heading up to the food bank in a bit to donate the dark chocolate that dh got me.  (He also got me milk chocolate, which I love.)  I don't know anyone else that eats it within driving distance.

It's really windy here today! 

• Like 19

Good morning, everyone.

It is a gray and rainy day here in mid-Michigan.  It is supposed to stay warm today, but tomorrow we will start cooling down with a chance of snow Thursday night into Friday.  Snow around 4 inches.  We shall see.

Today's meal is wonderful.  I have made the chicken and sausage gumbo recipe from Commander's Palace in New Orleans as well as from Paul Prudhomme's recipe.  Paul Prudhomme is the one that coined the name Gumbo Ya Ya for chicken and sausage gumbo when he worked at Commander's Palace.  I am also proud to say that I did master the roux technique and was able to get my roux very dark brown.  What a nutty rich flavor that gave the gumbo.  Mmmmmmm

Will start with this first recipe that gives some information about gumbo.    https://www.jessicagavin.com/chicken-andouille-sausage-gumbo/

chickenandsausagegumbo1.thumb.jpg.92e0b13f1033114d51cbc237a5a4dfee.jpg

The above gumbo is a little pale compared to mine.   This next recipe from Emeril gets the color almost right.  https://www.emerils.com/127540/chicken-and-smoked-sausage-gumbo

chickenandsausagegumbo2.jpg.ded42005cb1e4818688cd628a91f0572.jpg

This recipe has reviews saying it is too bland.  For beginners that may be a good place to start.  You can always add seasoning, but you can't take it out once it is in.  I like mine with a bit of heat, but I like the heat to be subtle, not in your face hot.  I also like my roux darker.  https://www.southernliving.com/recipes/chicken-and-sausage-gumbo

chickenandsausagegumbo3.thumb.jpg.07dbcc3a567323db75fffefd574bfb35.jpg

This last recipe comes pretty close to what I do.  Instead of cooking the chicken and sausage in liquid, I always sauteed them first.  That gave the chicken a nice brown crust that added flavor to the gumbo.  Same with the sausage.  There is an excellent tutorial on making the roux.  One of the tricks is when the roux gets to the color you want, you add the chopped vegetables to it and stir them in.  That stops the cooking of the roux and prevents burning.  And the aroma it produces is amazing!  https://sunsetandsewanee.com/chicken-and-andouille-sausage-gumbo-aka-gumbo-ya-ya/

chickenandsausagegumbo4.thumb.jpg.b63f4f083b5f1a58681da21ae65f97f7.jpg

If you haven't had it, try it!  If you want the ultimate, use Paul Prudhomme's recipe.  

Healing thoughts and hugs going out to all who need them.  Wishing you all a wonderful day.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 11

I never drop gum, and I'm already aware that I'm single. The meal and the drink don't interest me, and the wine would be above my budget.

Susan B Anthony (the B does not require a period, because she added the middle initial herself and did not use a full middle name) lived most of her life in Rochester and before that was politically active in the region between there and here. She was close to Frederick Douglass, for whom the Rochester airport is now named, and they are buried in the same cemetery.

Her initial activism was toward the abolition of slavery, and the women's rights movement began within the abolitionist movement. In women's rights, her earliest concern was not voting, but equal pay, and then the protection of women from abusive husbands. She shifted to voting rights after the Civil War, under the influence of Elizabeth Cady Stanton. She and 14 other women in Rochester voted in the election of 1872; they were all arrested but only she was prosecuted. She was convicted and fined $100, which she never paid; because the judge didn't jail her or make any other attempt to collect the fine, she could not appeal the conviction. President Trump offered a pardon in 2020, but the president of the Susan B Anthony House and Museum declined it, responding that to accept a pardon would wrongly validate the trial proceedings in the same manner that paying the $100 fine would have.

The opera The Mother of Us All is about her life, sort of. The libretto is by Gertude Stein.

• Like 22
  • Thanks 5

Good morning to all from the Island of Guadeloupe.

We will stay on board today.  Last time we were here we had a not too good experience so we will not venture off the ship today.  

Thank you to Ann, @cat shepardfor taking over for Sandi who is taking over for Roy who is taking over for Rich.  The list gets longer, LOL.

Thanks also to Vanessa @JazzyV for the cares and celebration list.  Prayers to all that need them. Especially the citizens of Ukraine and the victims of the shooting in Michigan and the victims of the earthquake in Turkiye and Syria.

I pray also for those in our group who are ill and awaiting results of tests and those in pain.  Roy, Tana, @tupper10, Jacqui, and all others who need our prayers.

@grapau27Graham, glad for the good results.

I like gumdrops,  Glad I am not single, and hats off to Susan B Anthony and her work.

No to the meal and the wine is above my budget.

I enjoyed the quote.

Have not been to the port.

Not sure what is going on but all of a sudden there are announcements to use the hand sanitizers and in the dining rooms the menus are just a piece of paper instead of being in the folders.  When asking why, the waiters just say they don’t know.  Huh!  Interesting.

There has been no mention of illness, either GI or Covid so it is left to one’s imagination.

Other from that, we are going to have a quiet, restful day on board.

Have a good day and stay safe and well.

God Bless,

Terri

Edited by Cruzin Terri
  • Like 19
  • Thanks 3

Cherry Margarita cocktail:

Ingredients
▢ 6 fresh cherries stemmed and pitted
▢ 1 ounce freshly squeezed lime juice about 1 lime
▢ 2 ounces tequila preferably reposado
▢ 1 ounce Luxardo cherry liqueur
▢ 1 ounce simple syrup preferably homemade
▢ Ice
▢ Coarse sea salt for garnish, optional
▢ Lime slices for garnish, optional
▢ Additional cherries for garnish, optional

Instructions
In a cocktail shaker, add the fresh cherries and lime juice. Muddle until the cherries mostly break down.
Add the tequila, Luxardo cherry liqueur, simple syrup and ice. Put the cocktail shaker top on and shake vigorously for 15-30 seconds.
If desired, run a lime slice along the rim of your serving glass. Pour coarse sea salt onto a small plate and swirl the moistened rim in the salt. Add ice to the serving glass.
Replace the cocktail shaker top with a cocktail strainer. Strain into an ice-filled glass. Garnish with a lime slice and fresh cherries if desired. Enjoy!

Screenshot 2023-02-15 at 9.17.36 AM.png

• Like 16
  • Thanks 10

Good morning from a partly sunny central Texas where t is currently 48F.  This will be the last warm day for a couple of days, but it wouldn't be too bad if the predicted wind would miss us.

Semarang, Java, Indonesia, has been the port of the day twice.  Below are the links to Rich's posts for December 3, 2021, and August 8 2022.  Unfortunatley, we have not been to Java, but only to Bali.

I'll celebrate singles day in honor of all our Dailyites who are single whether by choice or circumstance.    Susan B Anthony, as Jacqui @kazu said, did a lot for women.  I'll skip gum drop day.

Today's quote from Chevy Chase is true, but goldfish are quieter.  😉

The meal sounds good, but tomorrow night we'll be having shrimp gumbo using the recipe from the Zuider Zee restaurants that were open decades ago.  We'll pass on the drink, but would love to try the wine even if it's pricey.

@Seasick Sailor  Joy, wishing you and Allen safe travels today, and many, many hugs from your little nephew.

@cat shepard  Ann, I loved the cat meme.

@kazu  Jacqui, I hope the elbow pain eases as you do your therapy.  How nice of your neighbors to bring you flowers.  I loved the story about planting the tulips, and the story about the actress.

@Lady Hudson  Katherine, what a sweet and thoughtful gesture by your DH to get flowers for his caretaker.  I'd say he is a keeper.

@rafinmd  Roy, I'm glad you slept well, at least, until 3 am. 

@ger_77  Gerry, you weren't alone waiting on CC to finish their update.   That is a beautiful card with a lovely thought.

@smitty34877  Terry, I'm sorry Tana had a few bad moments yesterday.  I hope her morale improves quickly.

@kochleffel  Paul, thanks for the great information on Susan B Anthony.

@Cruzin Terri  Terri, I hope the announcements about using the hand sanitizers are more from precaution than an outbreak of illness.

@Sharon in AZ  Sharon, I hope you and your family were not in the evacuation area after that horrible accident on I-10 yesterday.  Getting into Tucson from the east will be a challenge while they clean up the road.

Lenda

Edited by Quartzsite Cruiser
  • Like 16
  • Thanks 4