The Fleet Report and Daily for Thursday March 9th, 2023

Today is Barbie Day, Get Over It Day, and Panic Day

Find ecstasy in life; the mere sense of living is joy enough. -- Emily Dickinson

Meal Suggestion for today - One-Pot Shawarma Chicken and Orzo Skillet
Drink of the Day - Basil Haydens Classic Manhattan
Wine of the Day - Pater Sangiovese, Tuscany, Italy
Destination of the Day - Apia, Upolu Island, Samoa

Eurodam

At Sea Destination Panama Canal eta 3-10

Koningsdam

Papeete, Tahiti Island, French Polynesia 08:00 Arrive

Nieuw Amsterdam

Tortola Island BVI, Road Town, UK Virgin Islands 07:00 - 15:00

Nieuw Statendam

At Sea Destination Half Moon Cay, Bahamas eta 3-10

Oosterdam

Buenos Aires, Argentina 08:00

Rotterdam

Half Moon Cay, Bahamas 07:00 - 15:00

Volendam

At Sea Destination Iles du Salut, French Guiana eta 3-10

Zaandam

At Sea Destination Puntarenas, Puerto Caldera, Costa Rica eta 3-10

Zuiderdam

At Sea Destination Durban, South Africa eta 3-10

Eastern Hemisphere

Noordam

At Sea Destination Sydney, NSW Australia eta 3-11

Westerdam

At Sea Destination Kochi City, Japan Kochi eta 3-11

image.thumb.png.b8983909e9956e43e8b99037febcceab.png

image.thumb.png.189f72e661bb306eedfc295cc0661ccc.png

Sandi for Rich and Roy

• Like 17
  • Thanks 12

Good Morning, thank you for the daily fleet report.  Today’s meal suggestion sounds interesting and I look forward to pictures and recipes from @dfish. A second in office day today for a company wide meeting.

Yesterday I scheduled limo service for our May and July Zaandam cruises. I also got confirmation from the pet sitter that she can look after the kids during our September Zaandam cruise. 
I hope everyone has a good day today.

image.thumb.png.60215fee35e4c20702a0f49cb38d3c39.png

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

Good morning friends!  It's a cloudy 52F this a.m. with a few showers expected and a high of 64.  Thank you Rich @richwmnfor our Daily and Fleet Report information.  I see some interesting topics of conversation in our days to celebrate.  Barbie Day, Get Over It Day, and Panic Day.  I'm long past the Barbie stage though DD loved them.  If something happens to get over today I will do my best and I'll try not to panic.  I'm already thinking of something to get over.  I wanted to drive to the nearby gym after breakfast but since there are some showers in the area, I may walk so I don't get the clean cars dirty.  See, no panic, just walk and use an umbrella if necessary.😉

The quote by Emily Dickinson is thought provoking.  I guess that's why we have quotes here.  I'll wait for Debbie's @dfishrecipe on the chicken skillet dish to see if I would like it.  No thanks to the drink and the wine.  

Prayers for all on our Care list.  Hoping that helps!🙏  Many prayers said each day for my family member who is under extreme stress all week.  May things go their way.  Three cheers for the Celebration list people.  I hope everyone enjoys their cruise or other happy news.🥂🎉

Our port of the day is Apia (Upolo Island), Samoa.  It was first posted here on Dec. 9, 2022 so this is its second showing.  I will post the link to that date so you can retrieve your photos there.  I have been to Apia in 2014 on Golden Princess but since I was on my Amazon cruise on Dec. 9, I wasn't able to post any photos then.  I will have to go in and find a few.

I will go ahead and post this and put the photos in my next post.  I hope everyone is doing well and has a happy, safe day!

PS  I hope @portofromeis okay.  No post yet!

• Like 25

We arrived in Apia, Samoa on April 14, 2014 on Golden Princess on a crystal clear day.

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJ5o0fze90SqHSTSoJj4bC6?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1399077323

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLJ56peav4um7TLPw-lTk7m?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1399077328

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKV61wfIA_Y3k3WqIylQXpT?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1399077343

They made us feel so welcome with their greetings and dances.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKTr-GKJogY9BG5_qKuc1Jr?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1399077367

Some people stopped to shop on their way into town.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKg2kh_W94m-mWHUvJwnTPb?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1399077367

Flowers everywhere 00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKKd6bClY0m4Tllx9FQhlfh?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1399077378

We decided to walk along the shoreline 00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJuyLTNDJ8GiBkgk4Q6x3Ia?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1399077381

construction on what appears to be a church00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJztegt8awey-CFwsXqSAZ9?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1399077413

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIJj6_YZH8aDah-xRHzqGdp?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1399077417

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVICCjNX2zkg_dYfIFy1g2F2?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1399077419

The clock tower

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKON6pavb4edA0Ap27tx2rj?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1399077442

Cute buses00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVI2MSbdag0Ea7Vm24ETWcfk?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1399077445

A visitor center00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLoclaG-K4-G_YPKQN-JL2K?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1399077449

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJ6CwRSjR_ENQi_auBfo1p0?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1399077457

Passing the church again, and seeing the men on the scaffolding was a little scary.  I wonder if the church was damaged in a storm or hurricane?00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJZMVDBuWhniF5EsX0qWZZM?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1399077459

Somebody was welcoming us to Samoa00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLwdb703tRXSc5LWzrf7_MT?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1399077471

We had an enjoyable day in Apia!

• Like 23
  • Thanks 7

Thanks for the Fleet update and General info SLC.

Did you ever misplace your Barbie doll, gone into a panic and have a friend tell you to get over it. The port of the day. Is that where they make those Girl Scout Cookies?

• Like 8
  • Haha 15

Good Morning Dailyites! 

I became a member of the Way Too Early Club today. Not for the first time and probably not for the last time. But it is so annoying. Coffee made, dishwasher unloaded, bills paid, etc., which now gives me time to catch up with the Fleet Report (my guilty pleasure). @StLouisCruisers You have been doing an amazing job while Rich is gallivanting around the globe!

Interesting days and quote. I look forward to reading more about the F&B suggestions. We haven't been to today's destination. However, @StLouisCruisers great photos have ensured we had a quick virtual visit. And with no jet lag. Looking forward to the Cares & Celebrations posting.

We are coming up to six months in our new home and new town. Most of the To Do's have been scratched off the list. However, new items seem to get added. Hmmm.

Just received a notification that @RedneckBob has posted. That will definitely put a smile on my face, if not an outright guffaw. 

Have a great day everyone!

-Cat

• Like 26
  • Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

We arrived in Apia, Samoa on April 14, 2014 on Golden Princess on a crystal clear day.

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJ5o0fze90SqHSTSoJj4bC6?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1399077323

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLJ56peav4um7TLPw-lTk7m?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1399077328

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKV61wfIA_Y3k3WqIylQXpT?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1399077343

They made us feel so welcome with their greetings and dances.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKTr-GKJogY9BG5_qKuc1Jr?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1399077367

Some people stopped to shop on their way into town.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKg2kh_W94m-mWHUvJwnTPb?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1399077367

Flowers everywhere 00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKKd6bClY0m4Tllx9FQhlfh?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1399077378

We decided to walk along the shoreline 00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJuyLTNDJ8GiBkgk4Q6x3Ia?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1399077381

construction on what appears to be a church00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJztegt8awey-CFwsXqSAZ9?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1399077413

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIJj6_YZH8aDah-xRHzqGdp?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1399077417

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVICCjNX2zkg_dYfIFy1g2F2?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1399077419

The clock tower

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKON6pavb4edA0Ap27tx2rj?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1399077442

Cute buses00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVI2MSbdag0Ea7Vm24ETWcfk?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1399077445

A visitor center00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLoclaG-K4-G_YPKQN-JL2K?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1399077449

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJ6CwRSjR_ENQi_auBfo1p0?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1399077457

Passing the church again, and seeing the men on the scaffolding was a little scary.  I wonder if the church was damaged in a storm or hurricane?00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJZMVDBuWhniF5EsX0qWZZM?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1399077459

Somebody was welcoming us to Samoa00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLwdb703tRXSc5LWzrf7_MT?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1399077471

We had an enjoyable day in Apia!

Fabulous photos Sandi.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Today’s care list:

Roy recovering from pneumonia

Dailyites not sleeping well

Vict0riann’s DH Pat with surgery 3/9

Cruzin Terri with pain from myofascial strain

Difficult days for Jacqui (kazu)

Citizens of Ukraine/Earthquake victims/CA people deluged by snow

From the rotation:

Cruising sister recovering from hand surgery

Scrapnana undergoing chemotherapy

Tana’s pulmonary issues

Marshhawk’s DH’s vision issues

Celebrations and Shout outs:

Roy’s good test results

Aliaschief celebrating good health news

Smitty34877’s new aide for Tana

Mamaofami doing well with balance

Cruzin Terri’s bathroom nearer to completion

3 days for Lady Hudson’s sister cruise (Anthem of the Seas 3/12 to 3/19)

SusieKIslandGirl (Noordam to 3/11), Cruisercl (NCL Bliss to 3/12), TAW1963 (Ruby Princess 3/12), ottahand7 and Lindaler (Volendam to 3/18), Suslor (Zaandam to 3/18), Seasick Sailor and 57redbird (Koningsdam to 3/25), Norseh2o (Oceania Marina to 4/6), and Cat in My Lap, Gail&Marty, Richwmn and HorizonChaser1957 (Zuiderdam to 5/12) at sea

• Like 19
  • Thanks 10

Today we had a new, at least for me, event. It was called 'Sea Day Brunch' in the MDR. We had a reservation for 11:30am and were seated immediately. It was advertised as a sampler, but everything seemed to be just a bit smaller than a normal serving.

The Menu

Mar09LunMenu.thumb.png.7040e451b7e621fe7885c67caf001450.png

I didn't take a picture of the cold sampler, but here is the hot sampler.

Mar09Lun1.thumb.png.5c8637e0d933e5faf7431ed300a067b6.png

And now the desserts.

Mar09Lun2.thumb.png.3e532ec0317c1d70a68f98d6d9ed31f6.png

Edit -- I got the food pictures backwards to start with. I have corrected them.

Edited by richwmn
  • Like 25
  • Thanks 7

Good morning Dailyites.  I slept in a bit this morning.🙂  Bertie is not happy that breakfast was delayed, but I enjoyed a few extra minutes of shut eye.

Another cold, clear day here.

An interesting collection of days.  I played with Barbie when I was young.  Quick trivia fact, Barbie's full name is Barbara Millicent Roberts.  It's amazing what is cluttering up my head.  I'll try not to panic and I'll get over it quickly.

I'll pass on the meal, not sure about the drink but sure I'll like the wine.

Thanks for the pictures of Samoa.  Beautiful.

Prayers for everyone who needs them.  Cheers for all the celebrations.

Have a wonderful day.

Stay safe.

• Like 23

Sandi, thank you for starting us off! It is a bit nippier here this morning. I needed a jacket for this morning’s walk. But it still is a lovely morning. And the neighborhood birds were singing so loudly this morning!

Vanessa, thank you for our Care & Celebration lists - we are such a busy group, it is not an easy task. 

Zumba, Bindi walks, Emma walks, yard work might just fill my day. 

4412985D-83BF-4D0F-9DDC-8738344302B9.jpeg.c422fb6427f90ad59461b2c3dadc3db9.jpeg

12023D2C-0EA3-4AB9-BC35-9358AEAD16B4.jpeg.f9256c4797a189972d2dbb64d0b7f362.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating @aliaschief Bruce, wonderful news that you are cancer free!

Get well & stay well everyone!

Pater Sangiovese, Tuscany, Italy

This Tuscan red might make a great “house wine” - if you live in Europe. Some of the European distributors might ship to me, but the shipping would be more than the wine, that is for certain. Prices for the 2019 vintage started at $8.41.

Distributor notes

Frescobaldi’s story is strictly connected with the history of Tuscany. At the high point of medieval Florence, the Frescobaldis spread their influence as bankers, becoming patrons of major works in Florence, such as Santa Trinita bridge and the Basilica of Santo Spirito.

Frescobaldi embodies the essence of Tuscany, its extraordinary vocation for viticulture and the diversity of its territories.

Frescobaldi’s uniqueness stems precisely from the representation of Toscana diversity, from its estates and from wines which express a kaleidoscope of aromas and sensations, springing from the characteristics of each individual terroir. The Estates are positioned in prime areas of Tuscany and each tells its own story, made up of nature, terroir and people.

From Tenuta Castiglioni, where the family’s 700 years of wine-growing history began, to CastelGiocondo on the Montalcino hills, to the timeless Castello Nipozzano. From the hidden gem of Castello Pomino, up to Tenuta Ammiraglia’s new horizons overlooking the sea, to Tenuta Perano a natural amphitheater in the heart of Chianti Classico, ending with Remole, that expresses all the character of Tuscany.

Behind every Frescobaldi wine lies the passion of agronomists and oenologists, who know their vineyards and terroirs down to the finest detail. Their art, creating quality wines, requires the iron rule of respect. Respect for tradition, which guide them, even in the midst of innovation or avant-garde solutions. Respect fort Tuscany, the living land, to be cultivated in harmony and serenity. Respect for each individual terroir, borne of a unique combination of soil, altitude and microclimate, each giving us a wine with its own matchless personality.

• Like 21
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 3

Good morning,

Thank you to @StLouisCruisersSandi for your dedication to the Daily and Fleet Report.

Interesting Days.  Barbie Day.  Never had a Barbie Doll. Lots of things to get over—one of them was the panic of getting the wrong meds injected into me by IV the other day in the ER.

Anyway, it appears it is out of my system now.

The quote is interesting.

I will skip the meal.  Our meals these days are quite simple until I feel better and Abel to cook more elaborate meals.  I don’t drink hard liquor, but DH make like to have the Manhattan.

I will have to wait and see whether the wine is within our budget.

Have not been to the port. But thank you again to Sandi for the photos.

Thank you to @JazzyVVanessa for being the keeper of the lists.  You are doing a wonderful job.  Thank you also for mentioning me on both the cares and celebration lists,  I appreciate it.  Prayers for all on the cares list and hope for speedy recovery or resolution for those who are on it.

Cheers to those who are celebrating and cruising.

On another note.  Last night I was able to get into the Master Closet before they grout the bathroom today.  I was able to get the heating pad and used it.  It gave me some relief.  More relief than the pills I was prescribed, which did nothing for me. I think I will try to use it regularly as it seems to make me more comfortable and may be loosening up the tightened muscle.  

Slept quite well last night.  I had the heating pad on while watching TV on and fell asleep in the Den. DH came in and woke me up.  I just moved to the bedroom and just slept until 6:15 am.  All together got about 8 1/2 hours of sleep.  I think that helps as well. 

Today we are getting the ottoman to complete our living room furniture (which is all covered up).  Hopefully soon, we will be able to show off our new furniture and enjoy our new digs,. Pictures to come as soon as everything is complete.

Hope everyone has a great day 

God Bless,

Terri

• Like 26
  • Thanks 1

Happy Thursday (FRIDAY EVE).   Thank you Rich, Sandi, Vanessa, Debbie, Dixie, Ann, and other Dailyites.  I don't think I really relate to any of today's days and especially try not to panic.  I was supposed to be visiting Apia on Crystal Serenity in 2018 but the Captain said they were renovating the pier and we had to pass it by.  The meal sounds interesting.

Had my best recent sleep last night.  I'm usually up for the 4:30 news but slept until about 4:45.  Wishing Pat luck with his surgery today.

Roy

• Like 26
  • Thanks 1

Good morning..  My sister collects Barbies, has the first one she got 50 or so years ago.

Basil Hayden's Classic Manhattan cocktail:

Ingredients
2 parts Basil Hayden's® Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey
3/4 part Carpano Antica Formula Vermouth
2 dashes Angostura® Bitters
Garnish with 3 Luxardo® Maraschino Cherries

Instructions
Combine ingredients in a mixing glass with ice and stir. Strain into a martini glass. Garnish with three cherries on a cocktail skewer.

Screenshot 2023-03-09 at 7.57.18 AM.png

Edited by summer slope
  • Like 18
  • Thanks 7

Good morning to all on a beautiful sunny day. It will go up to fifty today but there is snow/rain/sleet coming tomorrow.

We make a concerted effort not to panic here and often have to just get over things right away. I knew my DGD was growing up when she informed me her Barbie collection was given to a”little girl” she knows. I think she humored me a lot when we visited and played with her Barbie dolls. One Christmas my fellow grandma and I were caught dressing the Barbie collection without DGD in attendance. 
Just the name of the recipe sounds good to me and I will check it out later. We made the Cheesecake Factory chicken last night and received a standing ovation. It was really tasty and didn’t take long to put together. I used the less caloric recipe at the end. Thanks Debbie, as always. @dfish.

Have a great day everyone 

• Like 25

Good morning, everyone!

It is currently a frigid 28F in mid-Michigan.  We are supposed to warm up to the mid 30s today.  Tonight we get snow.  How much?  We have a lot to choose from.  The TV news said 2-6 inches.  The weather advisory said 4 inches, another forecast said 1-3 inches.  So, we are getting snow.  How much depends on the whim of Mother Nature at that moment.  

I'm hoping to get the results back on my CT scan today. We are looking for changes in the adrenal mass on my right side.  Surgery for my overactive parathyroid glands has been changed again to March 22.  First it was March 8, then March 29, and now the 22.  I told them no more changes. 

Prayers that @Vict0riann's DH Pat comes through surgery just fine.  

Today's meal looks pretty good to me.  I only found one recipe that was exact to the description and that was on Delish.  Delish has closed their kitchen to me.  I have exceeded my free articles for the year.  So, I found the ingredient list on Pinterest.  Most of us can figure out the directions.   https://www.pinterest.com/pin/158259374398336513/

chickenswarmawithorzo5.thumb.jpg.d125cbec6e4de219c91a1063769023d5.jpg

Here's one more that fits the description and it comes with directions!   https://pickyeaterskitchen.com/2020/07/chicken-shawarma-with-orzo/

chickenswarmawithorzo6.thumb.jpg.624a4ad6878a0f2220833804b5179522.jpg

The other recipes that came up were for Greek style chicken with orzo.  That sounds good as well.  The seasonings are different, but that is ok with me.   This one looks really good.  I'd have to eat around the orzo, but I might be willing to do that for this dish.  https://www.halfbakedharvest.com/one-skillet-greek-chicken-and-orzo/

chickenswarmawithorzo1.thumb.jpg.cb3517b28d9924236020f7c4627a1f29.jpg

This one looks pretty good as well.  https://www.themediterraneandish.com/greek-baked-chicken-orzo-recipe/

chickenswarmawithorzo4.thumb.jpg.fe48b5d3cfb707aee590c918f2da88b4.jpg

Not to much on today's agenda.  I hope all of you have a wonderful day!

• Like 19
  • Thanks 10

Good Morning from a cool and windy day at the beach

Going to be cooler the next few days which is ok by me. Maybe some rain over the weekend. 

I never had a Barbie. I had a " Ginny doll". My sister had a Barbie and our family doctor took it away from her. Scolded my mother for giving it to her. How things have changed.

I try very hard not to panic and I tend to get over things rather quickly.

Tomorrow is our annual tournament. They made a new rule that last years winners could not play together. So my foursome has been broken up. My group won last year and I won the Womens division. So right now I do not know who I will be playing with, trying not to panic! LOL.    

Hope everyone is doing OK.  

Stay safe and enjoy today

Charlene

• Like 24

2 hours ago, Ichiban Nekko said:

Good Morning Dailyites! 

I became a member of the Way Too Early Club today. Not for the first time and probably not for the last time. But it is so annoying. Coffee made, dishwasher unloaded, bills paid, etc., which now gives me time to catch up with the Fleet Report (my guilty pleasure). @StLouisCruisers You have been doing an amazing job while Rich is gallivanting around the globe!

Interesting days and quote. I look forward to reading more about the F&B suggestions. We haven't been to today's destination. However, @StLouisCruisers great photos have ensured we had a quick virtual visit. And with no jet lag. Looking forward to the Cares & Celebrations posting.

We are coming up to six months in our new home and new town. Most of the To Do's have been scratched off the list. However, new items seem to get added. Hmmm.

Just received a notification that @RedneckBob has posted. That will definitely put a smile on my face, if not an outright guffaw. 

Have a great day everyone!

-Cat

What did y’all call me? A guffaw! 😀

Welcome back IN!

• Like 11
  • Haha 5

Good morning to everyone.  Prayers for those in need.  Yay, Roy, for a decent night’s sleep.  

Cold and clear here today.  No plans other than doing some pressing on clothes that need to be packed.  Will do that around one when I believe a Mets preseason game is on.  

Our upcoming ship — Anthem of the Seas — made it to their Day 5 port.  No news yet on repairs to the engine.  Keeping our fingers crossed.  

Thanks to all who participate in this thread.  Have a great day.  Katherine 

• Like 20

Not sure about any of the days. The meal, drink, and wine would all be OK with me and if you could deliver them at 6:00 p.m. I'll be ready.

Debbie's post yesterday evening led me to thinking about travel in 2025 and I looked at a lot of cruise itineraries, all of which were impractical for one reason or another. When I came to my senses I started thinking about a short trip to NYC in May for the Met's new productions of Die Zauberflöte and Don Giovanni.

artificialintransigence.jpg.84ba80885adf8993542b8b7e2917e09f.jpg

• Like 12
  • Haha 13