The Fleet Report and Daily for Sunday March 12th, 2023

StLouisCruisers

Today is Genealogy Day, Girl Scouts Day, and Plant a Flower Day

Life is too short to work so hard. - Vivien Leigh

Meal Suggestion for today - Goulash
Drink of the Day - Apple Manhattan
Wine of the Day - Rupert & Rothschild Baroness Nadine Chardonnay, Western Cape, South Africa
Destination of the Day - Klang, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia Selangor

Eurodam

At Sea Destination Fort Lauderdale, Port Everglades, Florida eta 3-14

Koningsdam

Moorea Island, Society Islands, French Polynesia 18:00 Depart

Nieuw Amsterdam

Fort Lauderdale, Port Everglades, Florida

Nieuw Statendam

Nassau, Bahamas 09:00 - 17:00

Oosterdam

Montevideo, Uruguay 09:00 - 19:00

Rotterdam

Willemstad, Curacao 08:00 - ?

Volendam

Bridgetown, Barbados 09:00 - 19:00

Zaandam

Puerto Quetzal, Guatemala 08:00 - 18:00

Zuiderdam

Port Elizabeth, South Africa 09:00 - 18:00

Eastern Hemisphere

Noordam

Melbourne, Victoria Australia 08:00 - 17:00

Westerdam

Yokohama, Tokyo, Japan Kanagawa 07:00 - 16:00

image.thumb.png.0b1c0297dba0f8008769da778e98a509.png

image.thumb.png.7fa91a0a1ce08c4abc76930e1678d511.png

Sandi for Rich and Roy

• Like 19
  • Thanks 12

Good morning friends!  I hope you remembered to turn your clocks ahead one hour last night.  It is very dark outside, 52 F with plenty of rain today and a high of 60.  Hope the weather is better for Lenda @Quartzsite Cruiseras she celebrates her birthday.  Happy birthday from me!🎂   I want to first thank Rich @richwmnfor setting up the Daily for us to enjoy each day, Vanessa @JazzyVfor keeping tabs on everyone with our Care and Celebration lists, and the lovely ladies of the food and beverage department.🥂  I hope Roy @rafinmdis nearly 100% before too long and that Jacqui @kazustops in to say hello today.

Today we will celebrate Genealogy Day and I know several of you have a big interest in that.  Fascinating the things we discover about ourselves and our ancestors.  Then we can't forget the Girl Scouts especially this time of year with the delicious cookies they sell to raise funds.  It's an American tradition!  And finally for our Garden Club, Plant a Flower Day.  I doubt it's warm enough to be planting flowers for most of us but keep it in mind.  Some of you are still looking at snow!

I have never eaten goulash in my life so it will be fun to see what I'm missing when Debbie @dfishshows us the recipes she's found.  Apple martinis sound healthy (NOT!).🍸  And our chardonnay today is from South Africa!  That should be interesting to read about. 

The port today is another we've not had here on the Daily before, Klang, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, Selangor.  I just read that Selangor is one of the states of Malaysia.  So we don't have a link to Klang, Kuala Lumpur but if anyone has been there before we would love to see your photos.  I haven't been there before so I can't help out.  Thanks in advance for any photos posted.

Prayers will be said (as soon as I wake up) for our Care list today.  Also for those in need all over the world.  Special prayers for Karen @luvteaching's DH who is back in the hospital and let's all hope he can return home soon.  Those pesky infections!  I really hope the rehab facility is not needed this time Karen.  🙏  Then we have the happy Celebration list people.  Hope everyone enjoys their cruises and the anticipation of one if they are coming up.  Enjoy your special events, too.  🥂🎉🚢  I'm celebrating my DB's news about finding a foundation to pay for his expensive medications for pulmonary fibrosis.💲💲💲  Best news I've heard all week!

Since it's Sunday no treadmill for me so I am going back to bed to wait for the sun to peek out.  Wait a minute!  That could be Monday for all I know.  I'll get up when I'm hungry.  Hope you all have a super Sunday!🙂

• Like 22
  • Thanks 5

Today’s care list:

Roy recovering from pneumonia

RMLincoln not feeling well

Vict0riann and Pat’s loss of 3 acquaintances

Cruzin Terri with pain from myofascial strain

Difficult days for Jacqui (kazu)

Citizens of Ukraine/CA deluged by snow and rain

From the rotation:

RMLincoln’s DH’s sensitivity to glaucoma meds

Jacqui recovering from elbow surgery

Status of St. Louis Sal (6/29/22) and JAM37 (6/20/22)

Scrapnana undergoing chemotherapy

Celebrations and Shout outs:

Happy Birthday Quartzsite Cruiser (Lenda)!

BON VOYAGE Lady Hudson!

Welcome home Cruisercl!

Welcome home TAW1963!

Welcome to the Daily Aardvaark

StLouisCruiser’s DB’s medication for pulmonary fibrosis being paid for 100%

Smitty34877’s new aide for Tana

Cruzin Terri’s bathroom nearer to completion

Many Dailyites planning cruises

5 days for RedneckBob (Celebrity Constellation 3/17 to 3/27)

6 Days for DWAliaschief’s sisters cruise (Rotterdam 3/18 to3/29)

6 Days for Seagarsmoker (N Statendam 3/18 to 3/25)

ottahand7 and Lindaler (Volendam to 3/18), Suslor (Zaandam to 3/18), Lady Hudson (Anthem of the Seas 3/19), Seasick Sailor and 57redbird (Koningsdam to 3/25), Norseh2o (Oceania Marina to 4/6), and Cat in My Lap, Gail&Marty, Richwmn and HorizonChaser1957 (Zuiderdam to 5/12) at sea

• Like 18
  • Thanks 13

Good morning.

Thank you Sandi @StLouisCruisers for supplying today's fleet reports and Daily.

Pauline planted some flowers 🌹 last week.

I was in the Sea Scouts and a big shout out to the girl scouts for their day today.

I will give today's food a miss.

I totally agree with today's quote.

Best wishes for good health to all our Dailyites.

Graham.

Screenshot_20230312_103104.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 23
  • Thanks 7

Well good morning everyone. I set my clock back but it seems the world is on a different time. Without hopes of coffee for another hour I can’t seem to figure it out. 
Happy birthday Lenda. Have a great day everyone no matter what time it starts. 

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, JazzyV said:

Today’s care list:

Roy recovering from pneumonia

RMLincoln not feeling well

Vict0riann and Pat’s loss of 3 acquaintances

Cruzin Terri with pain from myofascial strain

Difficult days for Jacqui (kazu)

Citizens of Ukraine/CA deluged by snow and rain

From the rotation:

RMLincoln’s DH’s sensitivity to glaucoma meds

Jacqui recovering from elbow surgery

Status of St. Louis Sal (6/29/22) and JAM37 (6/20/22)

Scrapnana undergoing chemotherapy

Celebrations and Shout outs:

Happy Birthday Quartzsite Cruiser (Lenda)!

BON VOYAGE Lady Hudson!

Welcome home Cruisercl!

Welcome home TAW1963!

Welcome to the Daily Aardvaark

StLouisCruiser’s DB’s medication for pulmonary fibrosis being paid for 100%

Smitty34877’s new aide for Tana

Cruzin Terri’s bathroom nearer to completion

Many Dailyites planning cruises

5 days for RedneckBob (Celebrity Constellation 3/17 to 3/27)

6 Days for DWAliaschief’s sisters cruise (Rotterdam 3/18 to3/29)

6 Days for Seagarsmoker (N Statendam 3/18 to 3/25)

ottahand7 and Lindaler (Volendam to 3/18), Suslor (Zaandam to 3/18), Lady Hudson (Anthem of the Seas 3/19), Seasick Sailor and 57redbird (Koningsdam to 3/25), Norseh2o (Oceania Marina to 4/6), and Cat in My Lap, Gail&Marty, Richwmn and HorizonChaser1957 (Zuiderdam to 5/12) at sea

Thank you for today's updated lists Vanessa.

Graham.

• Like 12

12 minutes ago, lindaler said:

Well good morning everyone. I set my clock back but it seems the world is on a different time. Without hopes of coffee for another hour I can’t seem to figure it out. 
Happy birthday Lenda. Have a great day everyone no matter what time it starts. 

In the Spring the clocks go forward, in the Fall they go back

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for getting us started, Sandi - even though it is still pitch black outside. Bindi just got out of bed and has shown no interest in going out. I believe she has invoked “camel mode”.

Vanessa, thank you for being so meticulous in keeping track of our Cares & Celebrations!

Off to the gym, then Aldi. May try for a nap this afternoon. I am sure Bindi will need to go outside sometime today. 😎

B7822D2E-F525-4FAB-BDEE-B91AD432FB18.jpeg.bbac7e990be05c7f425a5d857787b357.jpeg

F3555EBB-EA9F-4319-833D-8F85B23B7556.jpeg.b944846f9564392c1c7cef0f3401de93.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating- @Quartzsite Cruiser & @Overhead Fred Lenda & Mitzi enjoy your special days!

Get well & stay well everyone!

Rupert & Rothschild Baroness Nadine Chardonnay, Western Cape, South Africa

Another somewhat elusive wine. I used the 2019 vintage info, because it might be easier to find. Many consumers used the word “oaky” in their comments. I did find one online distributor that ships to me offering it for $44.99 + shipping. 

Winemaker Notes

Vibrant white gold and lime hues with aromas of lemon blossom, kiwi fruit and zesty grapefruit Meticulously focused, delicate layers of soft creamy nougat and bright green apple. 

This wine will pair particularly well with crispy squid tubes and tentacles, charred lime yogurt, shaved fennel and a citrus dressing.

• Like 21
  • Thanks 8
  • Haha 2

Good morning.  Thank you for the Fleet and Daily Report.

Ugh.  It's still dark out.  I don't like the time change.  Pick one and stick with it (I know that will never happen).  Bertie and I will go for a walk when it's light out.

I know a little about my genealogy, I know lots of other people who love researching their family.  I wasn't a girl scout.  I love flowers, but we still have snow on the ground so I won't be planting any today.

Love the quote.

Looking forward to seeing recipes for today's meal suggestion.  I had planned on making stroganoff but would love to make goulash.

I hope the drink and wine are tasty.

Thanks in advance for pictures of today's port.

Prayers for everyone who needs them.  Cheers for all the celebrations.

@Quartzsite Cruiser @Overhead Fred Happy Birthday Lenda and Mitzi!  🎂🎂🥂

I hope everyone has a wonderful day.

Stay safe.

• Like 23
  • Thanks 2

Thank you Rich, Sandi, Vanessa, Ann, Dixie, Debbie, Graham, and our other Dailyites.  I'm definitely not a gardener, have worked with Boy Scouts but my only involvement with Girl Scouts has been buying cookies, and am not big on Genealogy.  I think I've been to Klang but will check later.  I'll pass on the Goulash.  I love the Leigh quote.

Special Bon Voyage to @Lady Hudson and hope your cruise is not impacted too much by the ship's problems. 

Could have been worse last night but not a good one.  I went to bed an hour early but did not sleep in that hour and did not sleep past 3AM.  I think I'll be quite drowsy tonight.

Roy

• Like 24

Good Morning Everyone, thanks for the daily fleet report.  Today’s meal suggestion is one that I make on a regular basis.  I look forward to seeing what twists @dfishwill share with us.  I’m not sure what we are having today. It typically takes me until the weekend after the time change to recover.  The only exception is when I’m on a BHB.  No plans today.  I hope everyone has a good day today.

image.png.78ef3d80972eb083d4cd6733879aa25b.png

• Like 23
  • Haha 5

Good morning to all.Happy Birthday to Lenda and Mitzi today.The blue bubble has been elusive.

One of my cousins traced our Swedish side of the family back to the 1400's.I was amazed to see the names repeated,similar to the discussion  of the other day .

I have made goulash a few times and always bought the smoked paprika new each time.I had a former patient who told me never to make it unless I had " new" spices.

I salute the Girl Scouts and was one for a while in grammar school.

Enjoy the day and take care everyone. 

• Like 23
  • Thanks 2

Good morning, everyone!

It is another chilly start to the day here in mid-Michigan.  I don't have hope that it will turn out as nice as yesterday did, but we'll see.  

Happy Birthday to @Quartzsite Cruiser Lenda and @Overhead Fred's DW Mitzi.

101-Best-Happy-Birthday-Memes-12-720x720.jpg.9ff0b52659ee52952e2f94fbbf921003.jpg

We had a lovely birthday celebration for Sue last night.  Kept it simple with pizza followed by cake and coffee and Farkle all around.  Today a couple friends from Toledo are driving up to have lunch with us.  This one is difficult because the one guy is a vegetarian but he doesn't really like vegetables all that much.  We shall see what happens.  

Today's meal sounds like a good one for tonight when it is cold out and you need to warm up from the inside.  We are probably best acquainted with American Goulash.  Hungarian Goulash is the mother of the goulash family, but each culture has their own version.  

Goulash  is a soup or stew of meat and vegetables seasoned with paprika and other spices. Originating in Hungary, goulash is a common meal predominantly eaten in Central Europe but also in other parts of Europe. It is one of the national dishes of Hungary and a symbol of the country.

You can read more about Goulash here:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goulash

Original goulash is more of a soup than a stew.  It uses chunks of beef rather than ground beef.  The beef is simmered along with vegetables for a rich, hearty meal.   https://gypsyplate.com/hungarian-goulash/

Goulash3.thumb.jpg.0ddf99cdf063d8ed0aec53bed8d6293c.jpg

Goulash is a beef and vegetable soup made with tender chunks of beef (neck or shoulder), peppers, onions, and garlic stewed in a rich broth seasoned with plenty of quintessential sweet paprika.  Thicker style Goulash recipes like you see here today, are more accurately referred to as Pörkölt. At most, you’ll find mushrooms, carrots, potatoes, bell peppers, and tomatoes. The peppers, tomatoes and potatoes are post-16th century additions, but a common addition today.  

Hungarian Goulash varies from household to household; some recipes also include carrots, mushrooms, celery, turnips and/or parsnips, some recipes are more soup-like while others are thick and meaty, but they all include a generous amount of sweet paprika, caraway seeds and onions– the essential building blocks for a proper Goulash. https://carlsbadcravings.com/hungarian-goulash/

goulash4.thumb.jpg.255003b253a9a8c0d621f1fe7eea5805.jpg

And, now the American version!  This almost reminds me of a chili mac without the chili seasonings.   https://iwashyoudry.com/easy-goulash-recipe/

Goulash1.thumb.jpg.268d90a4c3c1f00a82d16371553f88bf.jpg

I hope you find one you like!   

Wishing you all a wonderful day.

• Like 19
  • Thanks 12

Good Sunday morning to all.

It is a rainy day, so we will stay inside.

I will try to get some things done around here.

I am anticipating that tomorrow we will have workers here and I will be in the way if I try to do anything in my bedroom.  So I will try to do some clean-up today.

Thank you @StLouisCruisersSandi for the Daily and Fleet Report and your unfailing dedication to making sure we get started every morning.

I was never a Girl Scout.  I really wanted to join, but my Mom felt it was going to cost more money than she could afford. 

I am always happy to plant flowers.  

As for genealogy, I know a good deal about my mothers side of my family, but nothing about my father’s side.  When he decided to leave during my infancy, his whole family left too.  Therefore, i never knew my paternal grandparents or aunts, uncles, cousins, etc from his side of the family.

Thank you Ann @cat shepardfor the wine explanation. Sounds very nice.

Thank you to Dixie @summer slope for the drink.  Looks nice, but I don’t do hard liquor anymore.

And thank you to @JazzyVVanessa for the cares and celebration lists. Thank you for including me on both parts.  Maybe soon, i can actually feel well enough to be taken off.

And thanks in advance to Debbie @dfishfor today’s recipes.  I don’t know if I ever had Goulash.  Not sure today is the day i want to make it.

Thank you also to Graham @grapau27for Father David’s sermon.  Always happy to hear his words of wisdom.

I have not been to the port so will be happy to see photos from those who have.

I hope everyone has an great day and wakes up from the time change.

God Bless everyone and stay safe.

Terri

• Like 22
  • Thanks 2