The Fleet Report and Daily for Saturday June 24th, 2023

richwmn

Good evening from Tucson where it’s hot but beautiful. You have to remember it’s a dry heat, today’s high was 103F with 4% humidity. It’s supposed to get even warmer on Monday with highs 110 or so. The pool is still too cold for my taste at 84F but we both got in earlier about 6pm, I only lasted 15 minutes. 

It has been a while since we’ve been to a food truck, we both went more frequently when we were working. The company Craig worked for had an annual family day and several times they were at a sports park and brought in food trucks. Lots of fun. The company I worked for had a food truck every Friday at lunch time but I never could go because I was offsite working from home. 

I like orange chicken but won’t bother making it. Today Craig made me a favorite, Croque Madame. 

24BC91C4-C690-4723-968C-00208B2B82A6.thumb.jpeg.0c83a0995175ad8a370cea81f337d9ea.jpeg

Today was busy. Craig went shopping and I straightened up the house because I was told that I was getting surprise visitors. Craig told me because he knew I would want to pick up a bit. So DS’s SO, our DGD Summer and our almost DGD Maya came over and brought me flowers and a tiny birthday cake and they ended up staying an hour. It was nice catching up on girl talk. 

Happy Birthday to your DD Sandi @StLouisCruisers she picked a great day to be born!

Many thanks to everyone for all your Birthday wishes. Thank you 
@JazzyV@puppycanducruise@smitty34877@kazu@ottahand7@grapau27@rafinmd@marshhawk@dfish@StLouisCruisers@Seasick Sailor@Quartzsite Cruiser@Nickelpenny@cunnorl@Cruising-along@bennybear@ktbraun@ger_77@Cruisercl

Edited by Sharon in AZ
CC acting weird
  • Like 16

14 hours ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Yesterday we were in Skagen, Denmark. (Pronounced Skane), which is on the very northern tip of the Jutland.  We took a ship tour (not my usual thing, but I have to say that this was quite good.  Our first stop was to Grenin where we boarded a “Sandworm,” which is a trolly pulled by a tractor.  It took us to the northern tip of Denmark where the Baltic and North Seas meet.  If one so wishes you may remove your shoes and socks and put one foot in each sea at the same time.  Many did this, however, we did not.  It was fun watching people enjoying this.  Very windy.  

I did that last year on an RC cruise, the one just before which I had an implant removed in Copenhagen. (I have only had one tooth removed but I've had it removed twice!) I liked that part of the tour, did not especially like the guide for the city part. I kept my shoes on and my feet dry.

The retirement celebration wasn't as awful as I feared, although it was awful enough. The lunch was very good (poached salmon, stuffed grape leaves, strawberry shortcake). I had requested no speeches and no gifts, got no compliance. The gifts were a piece of mathematical art by one of our past presidents (engineer, can't draw but can do math) and a Steuben Glass owl. Steuben Glass is made 15 miles from here. I have no idea what to do with either.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

@luvteaching Karen, thanks for updating us. You and your son are making your decisions with loving care and caring love, hard as tge choices are. It’s a privilege to care for a loved one through the most difficult circumstances. Prayers for your comfort and rest, Dh and DS too as well as all the family. ❤️

@kochleffel Sounds like you survived well!  Tomorrow’s a new chapter! 🥂

• Like 10

10 hours ago, rafinmd said:

So sorry to hear about Pat and Allen.

Well, this is wierd but nice.  I was just in youtube and what came up as my next video.  It was Father David's sermon for tomorrow.

Roy

https://youtu.be/8bW5yRyOyU0

I will post again on Sundays daily.

Father David sent it to us 2 hours ago.

Father David was thrilled that people had left nice comments 

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Loved the photos from Skagen.   I visited there in 2019 on Queen Victoria but my most vivid memory of Skagen goes way back to 2003.  It was my first attempt at a surface trip around the world with train to Montreal, Freighter to Belgium, train and ferry connections to Newcastle, Gothenbuurg, Helsinki, and train across Russia to Beijing, and then (hopefully) Crystal Harmony to Vancouver and train back home.

As we stopped at the border from Russia to Mongolia we were a small group of people from around the world.  One, a Dane, asked if my travels had taken me to Denmark.  I said no, but the Newcastle Gothenburg ferry took me close to Skagen and I may even have crossed some Danish waters.  He was satisfied with that.

Roy

Before our first proper cruise in 2003 we took Pauline's late mam and dad on a DFDS Queen of Scandinavia cruise ferry in spring 2003 from Newcastle to Gothenburg Sweden.

We might have been on the same crossing Roy @rafinmd

We stayed in a Commodore cabin and had a cabin steward and mini bar in the cabin.

Graham.

• Like 5

39 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

https://youtu.be/8bW5yRyOyU0

I will post again on Sundays daily.

Father David sent it to us 2 hours ago.

Father David was thrilled that people had left nice comments 

Thanks Graham but the internet on the ship blocks streaming unless you pay dearly for it.  So I guess I will not be able to listen to Father David today.  I enjoy his sermons very much.  Thank you for taking the time to post them each week.

Terri

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Thanks Graham but the internet on the ship blocks streaming unless you pay dearly for it.  So I guess I will not be able to listen to Father David today.  I enjoy his sermons very much.  Thank you for taking the time to post them each week.

Terri

I hope you can get it at your next port.

Roy

• Like 5

11 hours ago, Cruzin Terri said:

I don’t think you can do that when using an iPad.  i tried that and it didn’t work.

If there is a way I don’t know how.

Thanks for the help. 

Terri

On the Ipad just click down (pg down) and enter and you can type if you click enter again you can then add another pic.  Hope this helps.

( I use a blue tooth key board with mine but I believe the symbols are the same)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Sharon in AZ said:

What a great picture of Jose!  Is he carrying flowers for you to take onboard?  I hope today’s Anniversary of your wedding brings you happy memories. 

But of course. 😉. I normally carried them but he had to hold them for me o take the pic and the bag was heavy with olives and peppers LOL

• Like 9

On 6/24/2023 at 4:01 PM, Cruzin Terri said:

I don’t think you can do that when using an iPad.  i tried that and it didn’t work.

If there is a way I don’t know how.

Thanks for the help. 

Terri

I always use my iPad.

Choose the files (pics) you want to use.

Touch the end of the line of type above where you want the picture, hit return. The cursor will now be where you want the pic to be.
Sorry - this is the step I left out Scroll down and touch the pic you want to use, and it will appear where the cursor was. Hit enter, and the cursor will reappear UNDER the picture. You can add text or add another pic at this point.

54ADADB3-E0BA-4696-BA36-8D4370171A55.thumb.jpeg.d11ee948fa6086e54f1d284d310c16a7.jpeg
Lion pic added, then return to add this text. If I hit return again, I can add a picture UNDER the lion pic caption by touching that one.145E275E-A78B-462C-9E2E-1E7F06D0E63C.thumb.jpeg.6be8f966fe921da9f3d47529e02d4297.jpeg

The leopard says Hi!

Edited by Horizon chaser 1957
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Horizon chaser 1957 said:

I always use my iPad.

Choose the files (pics) you want to use.

Touch the end of the line of type above where you want the picture, hit return. The cursor will now be where you want the pic to be.
Sorry - this is the step I left out Scroll down and touch the pic you want to use, and it will appear where the cursor was. Hit enter, and the cursor will reappear UNDER the picture. You can add text or add another pic at this point.

54ADADB3-E0BA-4696-BA36-8D4370171A55.thumb.jpeg.d11ee948fa6086e54f1d284d310c16a7.jpeg
Lion pic added, then return to add this text. If I hit return again, I can add a picture UNDER the lion pic caption by touching that one.145E275E-A78B-462C-9E2E-1E7F06D0E63C.thumb.jpeg.6be8f966fe921da9f3d47529e02d4297.jpeg

The leopard says Hi!

Thank you.  As you can see, I managed to figure it out.

Terri

• Like 1