Friday November 17th, 2023 -- The Fleet Report and Daily

richwmn

46 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Someone really loves butternut squash, even in mac 'n cheese, but it's not me!

It’s me!  I posted a stove top Mac & cheese butternut squash recipe last week.  I look forward to @dfishrecipes, today and every day.  Everyone should give it a try, it’s very good for you,IMG_8576.thumb.jpeg.e6d7863ce48470d01685f5df333ddeb6.jpeg

@JazzyV You do an amazing job keeping the list but I agree with @cat shepard you need to take care of yourself, we will be able to carry on without a Daily list. 

When I read the quote, the first thing that came to my mind is “ignorance is bliss””. Is there a relationship between the quotes?

We are experiencing the smoke from the VA wildfires in MD.  

Positive thoughts to all who are in pain, be it physical or otherwise.  Cheers to those celebrating and cruising.

• Like 29
  • Thanks 5

5 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Good morning from another cloudy day in central Texas.  It will reach 71F this afternoon, but right now it is 56F and feels like 53F with a 9 mph wind from the SSE.  The humidity is 99% with a dew point of 55F.  It looks like our predicted highs of 70s for four days will only be today, and then back in the 60s.  Hopefully, we'll be on the road sometime tomorrow morning, but not as early as in years past.  We will taking our time and probably will take four days to get to Quartzsite.  Today will be laundry and the rest of the loading.  The cars will not get washed, so will not have the covers on them this winter. That mainly means, I'll be washing them before we can drive anywhere next spring; not big deal.

A hike today might be nice, but there is no time today.  I'll gladly celebrate all students.  Remember the students here are international students in other countries.  Someone can have my baklava.  It's too sweet for me, especially since it's not chocolate.  😉

I do not agree with the Ernest Hemingway quote. 

I like mac and cheese, but not with squash in it, but DH does not care for it at all.  We'll pass on the drink and the wine.

We were in Pichilingue (La Paz) in 2016 on Ruby Princess. I'll retrieve my pictures shortly.

Three interesting days in history.  I noticed that Queen Elizabeth I was 25 when she ascended the throne as was Queen Elizabeth II.  The Suez Canal made traveling from Europe to Asia a much shorter voyage.  What would be do without the computer mouse.  For computer users, it was a great step forward.

@StLouisCruisers  Sandi, thanks for the good wishes on our return to Arizona.  We'll have internet on the trip, but I'm not sure if I'll have my computer out.  If I'm on my tablet I won't be able to copy and paste any pictures of the day's port.  Would you mind posting them for me for a few days?

@Heartgrove  I hope they have the fire contained by Monday when you need to drive in that area.  Enjoy your last three days of the cruise.

@marshhawk  Annie, I hope Chuck's @catmando doctor will listen to your lungs and give you some help.

@Cruzin Terri  Terri, safe driving in all the rain today.  Enjoy Miami before your cruise.

@kazu  Jacqui, I hope you and Ivan can get the yard work completed today.  

Lenda

I guess I better wish you & Steve safe travels now!

I hope you can at least let us know where you two are each evening. Look at it as a different type of fleet report. 😎

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Good Morning from a still raining day at the beach

I was hoping it would clear today but does not look promising. We need the rain but not all at once. LOL.

I really like butternut squash but not mac and cheese.  DH and I were just talking about butternut squash and he wants me to buy it all cut up. It is so hard to peel and chop!

@seagarsmoker  I am so sorry to read of your layoff. Never good. Best of luck with finding a new job.

@Cruzin Terri   Be careful driving. The roads are very slick. According to our news, the rain lets up south of Melbourne. So not far in the rain.

@kazu What a wonderful tribute to your DH. He sounds like he was a wonderful man.

Any plans I had for today are on hold pending the weather.

Stay safe and enjoy today

Charlene

• Like 26
  • Thanks 3

Lenda @Quartzsite Cruiser thanks for the photos today.  It looks pretty nice there in Pichilingue.  However I would never get in the water with a shark that big!  Does that swimmer know something we don't??  😄

Yes, I will be happy to post your photos the next couple of days.  Let us know how you're doing and when you expect to arrive in Quartzsite as you get further along in your trip.  Safe travels!

• Like 26

Just finished a wellness check required by my insurance.  Not sure why but we do get a grocery gift card.  Just bugs me since we take care of ourselves and visit Dr 2x a year.

Rum Breeze cocktail:

Ingredients
1 part Cruzan® Black Cherry Rum
1 part Cruzan® Aged Light Rum
2 parts Pineapple Juice
Splash Ginger Ale
Lime Twist

Instructions
Pour first three ingredients over ice in a tall drink glass. Top up with ginger ale and garnish with a lime twist.

Screenshot 2023-11-17 at 8.30.15 AM.png

• Like 19
  • Thanks 14

Good morning, everyone!

It is a gray, rainy day here in mid-Michigan.  The rain brought down more leaves and it is obvious that they will need to be done again.  The yard did look great for a few hours after I mowed it yesterday.  Today I will go get those x-rays of my back and neck.  Still no results from my CT scan a week ago.  

@seagarsmoker I'm so sorry to hear about your work situation.  Why do things like that always seem to happen right before the holidays?

@RMLincoln You're almost done!  I hope the guest suite provided you with a good night's sleep.  

@Cruzin Terri Safe travels to Miami.

@Quartzsite Cruiser Safe travels to Quartzite.  I'm glad you are taking your time and I hope the new motor home is comfortable for both of you. 

@marshhawk I sure hope the doctor will take a listen to you today.  

Thanks to @0106 Tina for the information about butternut squash.   Rich @richwmn and I are just concerned about everyone's health and that is why we've had so much butternut this and that.  Besides, it is good.  We actually had butternut mac and cheese back in February, but we're giving you a second chance on it.  I'll take the squash without the mac and cheese part, thank you!  https://www.twopeasandtheirpod.com/butternut-squash-mac-and-cheese/

butternutsquashmacandcheese3.thumb.jpg.4cc2fffc4bda71262d10bcd390ffb79e.jpg

Lots of good tips in this one.  https://cookieandkate.com/butternut-squash-mac-and-cheese/

butternutsquashmacandcheese2.thumb.jpg.76bf20f34f8b04b3c67b088c207e5ce8.jpg

I like the combination of cheeses in this one.  https://www.skinnytaste.com/butternut-squash-mac-and-cheese/

butternutsquashmacandcheese1.thumb.jpg.7ea5a87f57403e37bf43a9d666fb1e2c.jpg

Wishing you all a wonderful day!

• Like 20
  • Thanks 15

Good Morning all! Thanks for the Daily and all contributors.

@Cruzin Terri I'm in northern Melbourne (by Palm Shores) and the rain stopped about 6:30am. We got about 5" overnight. It looks like it will be clear from here to Miami. It seems like the rain will stay by Titusville & the beaches all morning. Have a safe trip.

@seagarsmoker sorry about the job. Hope you can find another job in Columbia or Lexington. It's a nice area, we lived there for over 8 years.

• Like 25
  • Thanks 3

Good morning! Currently 61 degrees and forecasted to get up to 76 F. Yesterday I told you about my new phone that would not charge after trying at least six different charging cords. So yesterday we go to our appointment at Best Buy and the tech plugs his charging cord into my phone. You guessed it the phone started charging. We bought two wireless magnetic chargers so we would have a backup. Came home plugged my charging cord and it worked. I dunno! We did have a lovely dinner at the famous McGuires Irish Pub. Split a USDA Prime NY Strip. Glad we arrived early as when we left folks were backed up at front door awaiting seating.

Need to get a walk in this morning, do some acorn harvesting and re caulking our walk in shower. 
We enjoy Butternut Squash but our favorite is Hubbard Squash. They are seasonal and hard to find but we got some last month cooked them and they are ready for Thanksgiving.

Thanks for the Fleet Report and post. Bruce

image.thumb.jpeg.b3281d718c2d1e1ac146e303f8da56ca.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.898d243bacd3dc978fdbcb758ba5c944.jpegimage.jpeg.ac6713d95891db0a178178ac85f8fb1e.jpegimage.jpeg.ee2810777d5645019a3e4b923f95d486.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.f31916f251f10c14e7d326da6e61b927.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.e6448b85fefd7fede1ca0cacbb5dea22.jpeg

• Like 16
  • Haha 18

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  About the only hiking I'm going to be doing today will be up and down stairs as I do laundry.  We've hosted several international students over the years and have made new friends in many countries because of it.  I'd love some fresh baklava, but often it's a couple of days old and the butter congeals if it isn't served hot.  I completely disagree with today's quote.

It's still dark and -3C (26F), but it's supposed to go up to +8(46F), so I think we'll head out to the back yard and try to clean up the remainder of the leaves that have come off the trees for the compost bin.  In the fall it seems like the leaf drop is never ending, along with the pine cones that the neighbourhood squirrels keep snipping off - little litterbugs!

@seagarsmokerI'm sorry to hear about your job situation; what a rotten time of year for layoffs.  Hopefully you'll be able to find other employment, but if not, is it time for early retirement?

@RMLincolnI hope you had a good night's sleep in the guest suite and wish you the best as you and your helpers unpack in your new home.

@arzz Bon Voyage!

@marshhawkas others have mentioned, I do hope you get to have a few minutes with DH's doctor today so you can get some help, too.

@Quartzsite Cruiser safe travels to you and DH as you make your way back to Arizona!

Not a lot happening today for us, although it's our DS and DDIL's 13th wedding anniversary, so we'll be doing a video call with them this evening.  It's hard to believe they've been married that long already!  I'm sure I'd like the drink of the day, although we did have a lot of rum last night with our friends.  I'll pass on the wine, and will also pass on the menu suggestion.  I guess if someone served it to me, I'd eat it, but I wouldn't make an effort to recreate the recipe at home unless it was really good.  It's Friday night, pizza night at our house, so I'll send DH out to see what appeals to him and we'll enjoy it at the kitchen table tonight.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who is in need, especially the innocents in the midst of wars.  Cheers to all with celebrations.

Smooth Sailing!  ☺️☺️☺️

Gerry

• Like 32
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, seagarsmoker said:

Good morning Dailyites and thank you for the Daily Report!

I received bad news at work yesterday, as several of us were laid off and our jobs will be eliminated on December 1. 😞  

I hope everyone here has a wonderful weekend.

20231104_061547.jpg

I'm so sorry to hear your news.

This happened to me a couple of times during my working life and know how sick you must be feeling.

Get your CV updated and i believe it is the company's loss and I wish you all the best in getting a great new job.

Graham.

• Like 24
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Good morning friends!  Today it is 55F and will be cloudy with a high of 69 degrees.  Thank you Rich @richwmn for the Fleet Report and Daily for Friday the 17th.

Today I'll celebrate students no matter where they are.  I wouldn't turn down some baklava but there's none to be seen here.  It would be a good day to take a hike.  It's also Substitute Educators Day. The quote sounds odd to me.  Someone really loves butternut squash, even in mac 'n cheese, but it's not me!  I  probably wouldn't drink a rum breeze but would enjoy the Sauvignon Blanc. Some great days in history including Queen Elizabeth I ascending the throne, the Suez Canal opening and the invention of the first computer mouse.  Thanks to Debbie @dfish, Dixie @summer slope, and Ann @cat shepard for the F&B reports.

Prayers this morning for all on the Daily Care list.  So many of you are having pain and other medical issues and that includes Vanessa, Debbie, Pennie, Ann, Denise T., Annie and @57redbird (sorry I don't know your name yet).  Hoping to hear better news from you all very soon!  Also prayers for my DB and my friends Scott and Bob, for all the innocent people in Israel and Ukraine and the hostages still being held.  Praying for peace for the world. 🙏 For those on the Celebration list we send our best wishes for happy days and exciting cruises.  🥂🚢   Thank you Vanessa @JazzyV for keeping the lists updated even with little sleep.❤️

I appreciate all who answered yesterday my query on good taxi/car services for Rome.  I made note of what you said.  I was kept very busy yesterday but tried to keep up with the Daily.  Sorry I had no time to reply to each one of you.  Maureen @RMLincoln I was glad to hear your move and drive to your new place was accomplished.  Hope you got a great night's sleep and the movers get things done quickly today.  I'm glad you have help with the unpacking there.  Jacqui @kazu I took a look at the bursary and it looked great!  I hope it will be successful in helping medical professionals who need help setting up.  Annie @marshhawk I hope you're feeling better and can gain some weight and strength back.  Hope Chuck's doctor can take a listen to your lungs today!  Lenda @Quartzsite Cruiser good luck preparing for your return to Arizona.  @arzz thanks for visiting the Daily yesterday and bon voyage on the Seabourn Sojourn!  Sorry to hear about the condo debacle!  Someone in the other condo should be paying for the damages.  Graham @grapau27 thank you for your offer of help with RC for DGD.  I'm sure they're pretty different from what she's used to (Princess).  Terri @Cruzin Terri and Jim, have a good drive today to Miami and enjoy your cruise!

The port today is Pichilingue (La Paz), Mexico.  That was our port before on November 27, 2021 and July 25, 2022.  I have not been there before so no photos today.   Here are the links to the prior dates.

Hope everyone has a successful Friday and good start to their weekend.  Stay safe and well!

Thanks Sandi.

Royal Caribbean are a lot different to Princess.

The range of activities on board especially the larger ships for younger people are outstanding.

If she hasn't already done so tell them to enroll in the Crown and Anchor Society as the rewards are excellent especially once they move up the loyalty tiers.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Good morning from Titusville, where it is still raining and it promises thunder strikes as well.  

Oh happy driving!

I did manage to read all of yesterday’s posts last night and glad I did.

@kazu Jacqui, what a lovely tribute to Jose.  I am sure he is smile down from heaven.

@StLouisCruisers here is another vote for RomeCabs.  I am a big fan of theirs.  Have used them both for transfers and for tours.  They are punctual, clean cars and very good drivers who speak English.  Can’t say enough good things about them.

@JazzyV Vanessa, I do hope you find some relief for your pain.

@marshhawk Annie, I am so sorry you are not well and it impacted your long-awaited cruise.  I hope you get to see the doctor and get some help.

@seagarsmoker I am so sorry to hear of your job loss.  I hope you can find something comparable soon.  Prayers for you.

@grapau27 Graham, nice to have you back with us and hope your phone problems are over.

Now for today,

Thank you to Rich, Vanessa, Debbie, Ann and Dixie for this thread.  

The Hemingway quote is interesting.  Not sure if I agree with it.

I will have to skip on the F&B offerings since we are traveling and get what we can get.

Prayers for all on the Cares list and Cheers to those celebrating and cruising.

Last night we went to a lovely restaurant in Titusville.  It is called Vine and Olive.  It you ever find yourself in that area, it is worth a visit.  It serves Mediterranean Fodd, mostly Italian, but with a different flair.  Very good with an interesting menu.  

Right now i have to bid adieu since I have to shower and get ready for breakfast.  I am on the hotel’s schedule and not my own.

Will write more after I get to Miami.

Pray that we have a dry trip today.

God Bless,

Terri

Thank you Terri.

I hope you have a fantastic cruise.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, aliaschief said:

So cruel to do that right before the holidays.  Hope you can quickly find some other employment.

Bruce, I was thinking the same thing.  It seems like every year about this time you hear of layoffs.  I wonder if Scrooge is in charge of layoff timing.

1 hour ago, cat shepard said:

I guess I better wish you & Steve safe travels now!

I hope you can at least let us know where you two are each evening. Look at it as a different type of fleet report. 😎

Thank you, Ann, for the good wishes.  If I don't get off the Daily and get to work, we might not be ready by tomorrow.  🤣

1 hour ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Lenda @Quartzsite Cruiser thanks for the photos today.  It looks pretty nice there in Pichilingue.  However I would never get in the water with a shark that big!  Does that swimmer know something we don't??  😄

Yes, I will be happy to post your photos the next couple of days.  Let us know how you're doing and when you expect to arrive in Quartzsite as you get further along in your trip.  Safe travels!

Sandi, I think you'd like La Paz.  It's an easy town to wander around.  Whale sharks are the largest fish, but not really a threat to humans as far as I know.  Swimming with the sharks was an excursion offered by Princess.

I appreciate your willingness to post my pictures.  We are planning on taking four days this year.  It will be less tiring for DH who is the primary driver.  Looking at the list Rich @richwmn sent me a while back, we've only been to three of the ports for the next week, unless, he changes things again.  

58 minutes ago, dfish said:

Good morning, everyone!

It is a gray, rainy day here in mid-Michigan.  The rain brought down more leaves and it is obvious that they will need to be done again.  The yard did look great for a few hours after I mowed it yesterday.  Today I will go get those x-rays of my back and neck.  Still no results from my CT scan a week ago.  

@seagarsmoker I'm so sorry to hear about your work situation.  Why do things like that always seem to happen right before the holidays?

@RMLincoln You're almost done!  I hope the guest suite provided you with a good night's sleep.  

@Cruzin Terri Safe travels to Miami.

@Quartzsite Cruiser Safe travels to Quartzite.  I'm glad you are taking your time and I hope the new motor home is comfortable for both of you. 

@marshhawk I sure hope the doctor will take a listen to you today.  

Thanks to @0106 Tina for the information about butternut squash.   Rich @richwmn and I are just concerned about everyone's health and that is why we've had so much butternut this and that.  Besides, it is good.  We actually had butternut mac and cheese back in February, but we're giving you a second chance on it.  I'll take the squash without the mac and cheese part, thank you!  https://www.twopeasandtheirpod.com/butternut-squash-mac-and-cheese/

butternutsquashmacandcheese3.thumb.jpg.4cc2fffc4bda71262d10bcd390ffb79e.jpg

Lots of good tips in this one.  https://cookieandkate.com/butternut-squash-mac-and-cheese/

butternutsquashmacandcheese2.thumb.jpg.76bf20f34f8b04b3c67b088c207e5ce8.jpg

I like the combination of cheeses in this one.  https://www.skinnytaste.com/butternut-squash-mac-and-cheese/

butternutsquashmacandcheese1.thumb.jpg.7ea5a87f57403e37bf43a9d666fb1e2c.jpg

Wishing you all a wonderful day!

Debbie, thanks for the good wishes for our safe travels.  I hope the x-rays help you get the needed ablation for your back.  Sometimes, you have to jump through too many hoops to get medical help.

56 minutes ago, Lcubed said:

@Cruzin Terri I'm in northern Melbourne (by Palm Shores) and the rain stopped about 6:30am. We got about 5" overnight. It looks like it will be clear from here to Miami. It seems like the rain will stay by Titusville & the beaches all morning. Have a safe trip.

@seagarsmoker sorry about the job. Hope you can find another job in Columbia or Lexington. It's a nice area, we lived there for over 8 years.

That part of South Carolina is lovely.  We lived in Camden for a little more than two years when DH worked for Du Pont.  We were there just long enough for both DDs to be born in Camden.

37 minutes ago, ger_77 said:

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  About the only hiking I'm going to be doing today will be up and down stairs as I do laundry.  We've hosted several international students over the years and have made new friends in many countries because of it.  I'd love some fresh baklava, but often it's a couple of days old and the butter congeals if it isn't served hot.  I completely disagree with today's quote.

It's still dark and -3C (26F), but it's supposed to go up to +8(46F), so I think we'll head out to the back yard and try to clean up the remainder of the leaves that have come off the trees for the compost bin.  In the fall it seems like the leaf drop is never ending, along with the pine cones that the neighbourhood squirrels keep snipping off - little litterbugs!

@seagarsmokerI'm sorry to hear about your job situation; what a rotten time of year for layoffs.  Hopefully you'll be able to find other employment, but if not, is it time for early retirement?

@RMLincolnI hope you had a good night's sleep in the guest suite and wish you the best as you and your helpers unpack in your new home.

@arzz Bon Voyage!

@marshhawkas others have mentioned, I do hope you get to have a few minutes with DH's doctor today so you can get some help, too.

@Quartzsite Cruiser safe travels to you and DH as you make your way back to Arizona!

Not a lot happening today for us, although it's our DS and DDIL's 13th wedding anniversary, so we'll be doing a video call with them this evening.  It's hard to believe they've been married that long already!  I'm sure I'd like the drink of the day, although we did have a lot of rum last night with our friends.  I'll pass on the wine, and will also pass on the menu suggestion.  I guess if someone served it to me, I'd eat it, but I wouldn't make an effort to recreate the recipe at home unless it was really good.  It's Friday night, pizza night at our house, so I'll send DH out to see what appeals to him and we'll enjoy it at the kitchen table tonight.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who is in need, especially the innocents in the midst of wars.  Cheers to all with celebrations.

Smooth Sailing!  ☺️☺️☺️

Gerry

Gerry, please wish your DS and DDIL a VERY HAPPY ANNIVERSARY for us.

Lenda

• Like 24
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, ger_77 said:

@arzz Bon Voyage!

Smooth Sailing!  ☺️☺️☺️

Gerry

Happy 13th wedding anniversary to your daughter and her husband.

anniversary-13-2.gif

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

We have been to La Paz once in March 2018, on Ruby Princess.  It is a nice town to walk around.  We also hired a boat on the dock to take us out of see the whale sharks.

A few pictures from our walk around La Paz.  When we got off the shuttle from Puerto de Pichilingue, we saw this whale skeleton display.

DSC04719.thumb.JPG.f8383a98adb5dc7042717097959244e0.JPG

We walked down this street to the Teatro de Juarez.

DSC04724.thumb.JPG.dd8520520ffbf33ec67c576a7b5fa112.JPG

DSC04725.thumb.JPG.5f9b7d4dd41734cccd557dedc25cfebd.JPG

The Cathedral de Nuestra Senora de La Paz

DSC04731.thumb.JPG.4adc2530b6c99fe7269830604f3d2a2a.JPG

DSC04727.thumb.JPG.35e735d0592aece0808d5fd6888e2506.JPG

Jardin Velasco across the street from the Cathedral

DSC04732.thumb.JPG.e777ca3a90be053a782ac5c74af91059.JPG

We also saw this museum and spent some time inside.

DSC04733.thumb.JPG.99c9e41961f333c34d6140c1fde6db36.JPG

We then headed back to the Malecon La Paz, where we found a boat to take us out to see the whale sharks.  We followed one shark as we was swimming, and he was as long or longer than the boat.  Our boat was like the ones pictured, but we were the only passengers.

DSC04766.thumb.JPG.22ae7d9a4f70c550389ca301a21bc73b.JPG

People were swimming with the shark, but as you can see, the swimmer was having to work to keep up.

DSC04774.thumb.JPG.8e8928d4c88988ecafa267982b16c55a.JPG

My point and shoot camera is waterproof and DH took some pictures by leaning over the side and holding the camera underwater.  It helped that the shark was near the surface.  This is the best of the underwater pictures.  At one point we probably could have touched the shark, but we were told not to do that.

DSC04772.thumb.JPG.da0cbcbea3cafff952434f1d853d1495.JPG

DSC04784.thumb.JPG.412479450e49dadc51c6ddbccbb1ef8f.JPG

The pier and the beach along with some of the sculptures on the Malecon.

DSC04789.thumb.JPG.4741e34dfc5c90f8daca02b4f4ce379b.JPG

DSC04787.thumb.JPG.2c16c73d0d06ffca49f00689790f373f.JPG

DSC04792.thumb.JPG.de5dd87a8708a39a5c36af01d3c67cbe.JPG

DSC04793.thumb.JPG.be775ee6f1b1b732ba06dcaf643a539d.JPG

DSC04794.thumb.JPG.71e3c09233100bc1c73067bee872aec0.JPG

One of the many restaurants across the street from the Malecon.

DSC04795.thumb.JPG.8d217903c67a6711fe9286d70b196b99.JPG

Naturally, there was a shopping opportunity when we returned to the port.  This is just a small portion of the booths.

DSC04796.thumb.JPG.10a424873db1b89e11b391c4b90cb547.JPG

The port area from our balcony as we sailed.

DSC04798.thumb.JPG.ceb939bb49a51238681ed2381f236db1.JPG

Lenda

Nice photos Lenda.

I hope you have a nice journey to Quartzite.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Lcubed said:

Thanks, and hope so too. We have lived here for 15+ years and I agree, it is a nice area. My current job is actually in Southern California, working remotely. 

• Like 22

Good morning everyone.   Thanks for the Daily and Fleet Reports @richwmn.   No hiking today as it is blustery and rainy.   I will work on my Lake Superior State University scholarship as soon as I am done here to celebrate Student's Day and Baklava is delicious but hard to find around here.   The quote is perfect for someone who ended his life by suicide.  I will pass on the mac and cheese, the drink looks like a great one for the HIA package cocktail and I will pass on the wine.    Instead I will finish my bottle of Willamette Valley Vineyards Pinot Noir Tualatin Estate with ribs tonight.   Thanks for the lovely photos of today's port everyone.   

@seagarsmoker I am saddened to read of your layoff.   I agree with @grapau27 wise advice.   @JazzyV continued prayers for you and you can get some relief from your pain.   @smitty34877 praying for Tana and that her situation remains stable.   Prayers for everyone on our care list, the innocents facing the horrors of war, Ukraine, Israel and the innocents in Gaza.   Prayers for the hostages in Gaza.   

I am late again this morning as I decided to wrap up our Thanksgiving shopping this morning walking into Walmart at 8:30.   The only congestion was the "personal" shoppers for pick up at the store.  I am glad I gave up on that when Covid waned and when I was fully vaccinated.   Glad that is behind us for the most part.  John seems to have Thanksgiving dinner under control other than cranberries, sweet potatoes and pie are my job.   I decided to make some throwback appetizers, 7 layer dip, cream cheese stacks and kettle chips with whipped cream cheese and smoked salmon.   All things that put no pressure on the ovens and that we can enjoy at 1pm kickoff.   Speaking of football the Ravens won handily last night.   Now we have a 10 day break and then a bye the following week, perfect timing for a beat up Ravens team.    Have a lovely Friday!    Nancy 

• Like 22
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, ger_77 said:

@arzz Bon Voyage!

Smooth Sailing!  ☺️☺️☺️

Gerry

I hope not! I am one of those peeps who enjoys working. Suzi would say I am a workaholic. Plan on working at least ten more years if I can.    

• Like 26

Good morning all. Sunny here but supposedly rain is on the way. @seagarsmokerBummer!!! Hope you get something even better lined up quickly.

The lawn people were supposed to come on Monday but due to forecast of rain and possibly even some light snow, they will be here today. My hair cut gal is coming to take of the postponed appointment from Wednesday, so I had better get things cleared up. Looks like a busy morning.

Back later. Take care all.

Susan

• Like 26
  • Thanks 1

Good morning everyone from a sunny cold Seattle. Thanks for the daily updates.  Yesterday’s flight was long but uneventful.  Perfect for taking a hike.  We’ve played host family to entering Harvard freshman who are now scattered around the world, very intelligent folks who seem very happy.  I would try today’s recipe but what’s with all the butternut squash?  The drink sounds tasty.  I haven't been to today’s port.  Prayers for everyone on our prayer list.  Cheers to everyone celebrating happy events!

• Like 28

Good morning. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily.

No hiking for me today. I'll salute all students and Baklava. The Baklava I've had here has been too sweet; it was much better in Greece. I disagree with the quote. Maybe for the meal. Pass on the drink and wine. I haven't been to La Paz. 3 important days in history today.

It's cloudy and rainy today, with more rain all afternoon, but up to 61F. The high will only be 45F tomorrow. I started the extra Gabapentin last night and took a muscle relaxant at bedtime. All together I got 5 hours of sleep last night, for the first time in many weeks, yay. Still the same awful pain when I got up. I go to PT later, for the little I can do there. BFF and UK friends are going to the Pens practice and then out to eat. I can't sit in the practice arena, then stand to wait for players after. I did once, and got my Crosby jersey autographed.🙂.

@seagarsmoker So sorry to hear about the job layoff, especially at this time of year. I hope something better comes along.

@Nickelpenny Your pain clinic visit sounds very much like mine. After the epidural didn't help, the doctor said see the surgeon, who might recommend another steroid injection from a different spot or may recommend surgery. Nice photos.

@kazu I hope you can get outside things done and wrapped up before the weather bomb comes. 

@cat shepard Thanks for your concern. Sitting in my straight wooden computer chair actually brings me relief. I can't lay down, or recline, or stand very long without pain, but then I sit in my chair to feel better.

@Heartgrove I hope you don't have issues getting home after your cruise.

@Cruzin Terri I'm glad you had a nice dinner last night. Safe travels to Miami.

@smitty34877 I agree that pain management is difficult, even non-narcotic therapies. Getting anything stronger, even for people with life-altering medical issues, has been ruined by all the abuse and new regulations, thereby hurting those who truly need it. Prayers for Tana and you.

@Quartzsite Cruiser Great La Paz photos. Safe travels to Quartzsite.

@summer slope Thanks for your diligence with the daily drink recipes. My insurance keeps wanting a home nurse visit. I told them I didn't need it, as I worked in healthcare and can take my BP and handle my meds. Plus I see doctors in some form at least monthly or more. At least it's not mandatory.

@dfish Thanks for the recipes. I like butternut squash but it's so hard to cut. I have to wear my cutproof gloves to do it.

@aliaschief Go figure on the phone charging. I never heard of Hubbard squash.

@ger_77 Happy Anniversary to your DS and DDIL!

@RMLincoln I hope the movers get everything done without issue. Exciting!

@marshhawk I hope DH's doctor can take a quick look at you too.

@mamaofami I hope all is well with you and Sam.

@HAL Sailer Thinking of you and your DH.

Prayers for the Care List and a Toast to those Celebrating.

• Like 21
  • Thanks 8

15 minutes ago, seagarsmoker said:

Thanks, and hope so too. We have lived here for 15+ years and I agree, it is a nice area. My current job is actually in Southern California, working remotely. 

That's kind of funny, because when we moved back to FL  my husband worked here remotely for his old Columbia, SC company. We still have friends in Lexington & Columbia so we go back about once a year. Loved living close to a college town.

• Like 23

13 minutes ago, JazzyV said:

Good morning. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily.

No hiking for me today. I'll salute all students and Baklava. The Baklava I've had here has been too sweet; it was much better in Greece. I disagree with the quote. Maybe for the meal. Pass on the drink and wine. I haven't been to La Paz. 3 important days in history today.

It's cloudy and rainy today, with more rain all afternoon, but up to 61F. The high will only be 45F tomorrow. I started the extra Gabapentin last night and took a muscle relaxant at bedtime. All together I got 5 hours of sleep last night, for the first time in many weeks, yay. Still the same awful pain when I got up. I go to PT later, for the little I can do there. BFF and UK friends are going to the Pens practice and then out to eat. I can't sit in the practice arena, then stand to wait for players after. I did once, and got my Crosby jersey autographed.🙂.

@seagarsmoker So sorry to hear about the job layoff, especially at this time of year. I hope something better comes along.

@Nickelpenny Your pain clinic visit sounds very much like mine. After the epidural didn't help, the doctor said see the surgeon, who might recommend another steroid injection from a different spot or may recommend surgery. Nice photos.

@kazu I hope you can get outside things done and wrapped up before the weather bomb comes. 

@cat shepard Thanks for your concern. Sitting in my straight wooden computer chair actually brings me relief. I can't lay down, or recline, or stand very long without pain, but then I sit in my chair to feel better.

@Heartgrove I hope you don't have issues getting home after your cruise.

@Cruzin Terri I'm glad you had a nice dinner last night. Safe travels to Miami.

@smitty34877 I agree that pain management is difficult, even non-narcotic therapies. Getting anything stronger, even for people with life-altering medical issues, has been ruined by all the abuse and new regulations, thereby hurting those who truly need it. Prayers for Tana and you.

@Quartzsite Cruiser Great La Paz photos. Safe travels to Quartzsite.

@summer slope Thanks for your diligence with the daily drink recipes. My insurance keeps wanting a home nurse visit. I told them I didn't need it, as I worked in healthcare and can take my BP and handle my meds. Plus I see doctors in some form at least monthly or more. At least it's not mandatory.

@dfish Thanks for the recipes. I like butternut squash but it's so hard to cut. I have to wear my cutproof gloves to do it.

@aliaschief Go figure on the phone charging. I never heard of Hubbard squash.

@ger_77 Happy Anniversary to your DS and DDIL!

@RMLincoln I hope the movers get everything done without issue. Exciting!

@marshhawk I hope DH's doctor can take a quick look at you too.

@mamaofami I hope all is well with you and Sam.

@HAL Sailer Thinking of you and your DH.

Prayers for the Care List and a Toast to those Celebrating.

Here’s a link to Hubbard Squash. Not so available here in the South but we usually can find one at our Commissary around October or November. Great taste.

https://www.foodnetwork.com/how-to/packages/food-network-essentials/hubbard-squash

• Like 19
  • Thanks 2