The Fleet Report and Daily for Saturday February 3rd,

kazu

37 minutes ago, Cruising-along said:

I’m taking advantage of extra free time on these sea days to work on a new counted cross stitch project. I love the European intricate scenes. 

IMG_2205.thumb.jpeg.17e4d51ed5a6aa59d6b9e6027c04be5d.jpeg

That is a beautiful picture; it will be lovely when you finish it. I wish I had the patience and eyesight to do them. 

What do you do with them when complete- frame, keep, gift?

Edited by Haljo1935
Additional comment
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Haljo1935 said:

That is a beautiful picture; it will be lovely when you finish it. I wish I had the patience and eyesight to do them. 

What do you do with them when complete- frame, keep, gift?

Thank you!

I frame them and then try to find a spot to hang them. 🤣 40+ years means a lot of projects. 🙂

In the past I’ve made many gifts of baby and wedding samplers but there haven’t been any babies or weddings in awhile. 

• Like 12

Reading a book on Seattle's history and just learned an interesting political fact.  Most people know that women were first able to vote in the U.S. in 1920.  Women suffrage first became legal in Washington Territory in 1883.  Apparently men weren't happy with it and a local court struck it down in 1887 with the phrase "the legislature erred when it assumed that women were "citizens"."  In 1888 the U.S. Supreme court concurred with that conclusion.

Ray

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5

We did better at trivia this afternoon.  DH joined Debbied  @dfish and me.  We followed in our leader's, Rich @richwmn,footsteps.  We had 13 correct and the winners had 14.

Later, we cleaned the salt off the chairs and balcony rails, but still couldn't sit outside, since we were still getting salt spray.

Just now, 57redbird said:

I've asked anybody & everybody who might have an answer & I've not gotten the same answer from any of them....could be anywhere from 3 months to 2 years....I'm hoping to be on the shorter end of the time frame.

I don’t think you will get a completely definitive answer since everyone heals differently, and everyone's damage from spinal stenosis is different.  What I can tell you from what DH's neurosurgeon said and from what I've read, is that it takes about ten months for the vertebrae to fully fuse.  His doctor followed his progress for a year.  DH also had no back pain, but severe pain from sciatica.  That disappeared after the surgery.  However, the leg numbness he experienced has not disappeared, but it might be lessening very, very slowly.  Nerves do take a lot longer to improve.  I'm sorry I can't give you a better answer.  Another difference is his surgeon used the Karma system which replaces the metal rods and screws with polymer ties.

Lenda

• Like 16

2 hours ago, richwmn said:

I didn't notice where you mentioned the change.

I am glad you found the email I sent on 12/10 with the updated itinerary for the Oosterdam1/29 cruise and the email I sent on 12/13 for the Nieuw Statendam 3/3 cruise.

Edited by 0106
  • Like 6

3 minutes ago, 0106 said:

What is the name of the book and who is the author?  Thank you

It is called "Sons of the Profits" by William C. Speidel.  I had it in my library for about 20 years and finally got around to reading it last week.

Ray

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

We have enjoyed many areas around Puget sound over the years,  love all this islands and we’ve spent time on a few of them,  Whitby, Stuart island. Such a beautiful area, 

Aloha, look who came for a visit

IMG_0504.jpeg

• Like 16
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, bennybear said:

We have enjoyed many areas around Puget sound over the years,  love all this islands and we’ve spent time on a few of them,  Whitby, Stuart island. Such a beautiful area, 

Aloha, look who came for a visit

IMG_0504.jpeg

Beautiful!!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Good evening. I'm beat. BFF and I worked on the foyer and living room, and got most things boxed, then put it the music room (my hangout), or upstairs, down in the basement or out in the garage. I worry about him as he has some health issues too. I wanted us to take breaks. The hard room, the dining room, is left. I'll work on a bit tonight, then tomorrow. I'm sure I'll be sore after all the bending.

@marshhawk Obviously the word is out among the cats about where they can get a meal. So good of you. I'm glad you're getting rest since you still don't feel well.

@RMLincoln I hope your sleep schedule evens out. Prayers that DH's eye pressures return to the target range. 

@aliaschief Moorea looks like such a beautiful place. Thanks for the photos. I hope the storm misses your cruise and you don't have to skip ports.

@DeeniEncinitas Beautiful painting and photo.

@dfish I'm glad the waters are less rough. Sorry to hear that Sue has a migraine.

@StLouisCruisers I'm sorry to hear about Scott and will add him to the Care List.

@lazey1 Jane, I'm sorry to hear about the pulmonary edema. It seems you are seeing the right people to get things under control. Prayers for you.

@SusieKIslandGirl You have a great view out your window!

@bennybear Beautiful cardinal.

Time for dinner. And maybe a glass of wine (I earned it). And I'll have to move the big wine rack out of the dining room for the floor renovation.

Edited by JazzyV
  • Like 16
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Oh! Beautiful picture of you and Shawn! I hope you aren't enduring flooding in Encinitas!

🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺

OMGOODNESS!!

To my sweet sister Joy and to all Thankyou for all the 👍 likes!  Had know idea  you all still remember me!! LOL. Last 4 years have been something hun??? Still remember retirement from my dentistry! Helping during Covid with giving shots, all the ups and downs , my heart with our home in Maui with the horrendous fires in Lahaina and helping as much as we could give while we were there to our community!! This has been trying years and now GOD Bless us all with love and respect for one another!! And now my baby Paisley!! 14 1/2 and going strong! We’re over at Shawn’s. A special shout out for my Roy who I have now a long time and will always love his sunsets, and sunrises! Love you Roy!

To my sis Joy, love you and Allen! And no flooding at all lots of rain.

love my Daily family!

Sincerely

🌺Mahalo Denise

image.thumb.jpeg.97a2a8376e44d12c96088246b595b9c5.jpeg

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

We did better at trivia this afternoon.  DH joined Debbied  @dfish and me.  We followed in our leader's, Rich @richwmn,footsteps.  We had 13 correct and the winners had 14.

Later, we cleaned the salt off the chairs and balcony rails, but still couldn't sit outside, since we were still getting salt spray.

I don’t think you will get a completely definitive answer since everyone heals differently, and everyone's damage from spinal stenosis is different.  What I can tell you from what DH's neurosurgeon said and from what I've read, is that it takes about ten months for the vertebrae to fully fuse.  His doctor followed his progress for a year.  DH also had no back pain, but severe pain from sciatica.  That disappeared after the surgery.  However, the leg numbness he experienced has not disappeared, but it might be lessening very, very slowly.  Nerves do take a lot longer to improve.  I'm sorry I can't give you a better answer.  Another difference is his surgeon used the Karma system which replaces the metal rods and screws with polymer ties.

Lenda

20240103_124906.heic

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, marshhawk said:

@1ANGELCAT A banana split is a health food,-fruit, dairy .I told DH it was ice cream for breakfast day and he told me to stop cooking the eggs...unfortunately once the scrambling began it was hard to put in reverse.

@StLouisCruisersNot sure if I can call Coal a new friend, he or she (not sure, cat is too fuzzy to tell) moved into the back yard when we were away.  Donna told us she came over to feed the 2 one day, turned around and there were 5.

There is one more, I call her Munchkin, very small very skittish, but she does allow me to touch her nose with one finger.  That's it. And she has a sweetheart, a giant tan cat with collar.....OMG!  I need to get that Neon sign that says Free Cat food taken down!

image.thumb.png.6e095fa456732cf4c2657dd2cf64663a.png

Annie

I thought of Bubbles, when I saw this. Bless you & Chuck for helping him cross the bridge peacefully. 

IMG_2543.jpeg.d8b6952d09a40fe0cc57841eb49d2621.jpeg

• Like 11

Thanks for posting the HAL fleet locations and all the daily news.

Lovely sunny day here, 24C, after a cool 15 C yesterday.

Beautiful photos @aliaschief.

@Bgwest  Welcome to the "daily".

@ger_77  good news that the diuretic is helping your DH, important to keep up the fluid intake.

@Cruising-along  hope you enjoy the excursion to see the Dragons, it is very hot there, I used an umbrella as a parasol and  took a water bottle. The guide  offered more water  about halfway through the trek. 

Best wishes to all on the care list

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

Good afternoon, everyone!

A second dose of Imitrex pushed the headache to the background so Sue could function.  Hopefully there will be no rebound headache tomorrow as she will be in the ukulele performance on the World stage.

I did see the fake service dog in the doll stroller with its proud mama.  Much discussion in the elevator about it.

IMG_3079.thumb.jpeg.cac55a52ea63e16190f36d04a23e46a1.jpeg

IMG_3078.thumb.jpeg.990c018fb1f5868505ee50df474dd3d1.jpeg

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺

OMGOODNESS!!

To my sweet sister Joy and to all Thankyou for all the 👍 likes!  Had know idea  you all still remember me!! LOL. Last 4 years have been something hun??? Still remember retirement from my dentistry! Helping during Covid with giving shots, all the ups and downs , my heart with our home in Maui with the horrendous fires in Lahaina and helping as much as we could give while we were there to our community!! This has been trying years and now GOD Bless us all with love and respect for one another!! And now my baby Paisley!! 14 1/2 and going strong! We’re over at Shawn’s. A special shout out for my Roy who I have now a long time and will always love his sunsets, and sunrises! Love you Roy!

To my sis Joy, love you and Allen! And no flooding at all lots of rain.

love my Daily family!

Sincerely

🌺Mahalo Denise

image.thumb.jpeg.97a2a8376e44d12c96088246b595b9c5.jpeg

Denise, my sweet sister look at your grand pup Paisley! How adorable!

One of Oliver's favorite toys is his lamb chop.

20240121_104902.jpg

20240125_100055.jpg

20240127_203025.jpg

• Like 11
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

20240121_104902.jpg

20240125_100055.jpg

20240127_203025.jpg

🌺🌺🌺🌺

great sisters think alike! LOL Oliver was a precious. Want to squeeze him!!! Lamb Chop is the craze right now!

have a great night and weekend! Oliver is the cutest and the love of both you and Allen’s life! Just like Pais!

Good night sweet sis

• Like 9

17 minutes ago, dfish said:

Good afternoon, everyone!

A second dose of Imitrex pushed the headache to the background so Sue could function.  Hopefully there will be no rebound headache tomorrow as she will be in the ukulele performance on the World stage.

I did see the fake service dog in the doll stroller with its proud mama.  Much discussion in the elevator about it.

IMG_3079.thumb.jpeg.cac55a52ea63e16190f36d04a23e46a1.jpeg

IMG_3078.thumb.jpeg.990c018fb1f5868505ee50df474dd3d1.jpeg

Your pictures are beautiful, hopefully Sue's headache does not return.

Unfortunate about the dog, especially given my experience last month on K'dam.

• Like 10

1 minute ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

🌺🌺🌺🌺

great sisters think alike! LOL Oliver was a precious. Want to squeeze him!!! Lamb Chop is the craze right now!

have a great night and weekend! Oliver is the cutest and the love of both you and Allen’s life! Just like Pais!

Good night sweet sis

Just wanted to tell you, our friends who are in Lahaina now at Westin Nanea said they cried driving thru Lahaina town. I remember you and David lending a hand during that sad time. Praying daily for those misplaced residents. Sweet dreams. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Just wanted to tell you, our friends who are in Lahaina now at Westin Nanea said they cried driving thru Lahaina town. I remember you and David lending a hand during that sad time. Praying daily for those misplaced residents. Sweet dreams. 

Oh Joy so sad love!!! I have seen so much and this still brings tears to my eyes! But The Banyan Tree is a miracle and a survivor!! It is thriving! The smell is still strong through Lahaina and pray we will see Lahaina back in the years to come!

Reminds me of a small portion of Gaza !

God Bless!

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Seasick Sailor said:

20240121_104902.jpg

20240125_100055.jpg

20240127_203025.jpg

Joy, Oliver is the sweetest!  Do you know his breed?  He’s so tiny!

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Haljo1935 said:

Your pictures are beautiful, hopefully Sue's headache does not return.

Unfortunate about the dog, especially given my experience last month on K'dam.

I've seen the dog a few times as it's on our floor.  I've never heard a?sound from the dog.  It is always in the dog stroller, looking around curiously.  Still, I'm not convinced it's a support dog.

Lenda

Edited by Quartzsite Cruiser
  • Like 6