The Fleet Report and Daily for Sunday February 11th, 2024

kazu

I never get the opportunity to cry over spilled milk. I have cats.

I wasn't even sure what the suggested meal was. Pass on the drink. For a Sauvignon Blanc, Long Point 2022. I still haven't been to Taormina.

Shopping on the horizon, but my shopping list requires visiting four separate stores and I don't have the mental energy for that.

poachedeggsound.jpg.a447ba2bafa43f567364df3766d3b58e.jpg

• Like 18
  • Haha 11

Good morning. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily @kazu and @richwmn, and maps @rafinmd.

Autism seems to be increasingly recognized, but not enough healthcare professionals and services around to deal with it. I celebrate Edison, and won't cry over spilled milk. Excellent quote. I like the meal for game day, if not too spicy. Pass on the drink and wine. I haven't been to Giardini-Naxos. I'll salute Mandela and Vatican City.

It's cloudy and 41F right now. My plans are to work on the DR more as I don't have much more time. I was in too much pain to do anything last evening. There is supposed to be snow from Monday night into Tuesday (only 1-2"), but with the warm temps we've had the ground is warm, so it's not expected to amount to much (that's the day my furniture will be moved out of the house). I'll watch the Super Bowl later.

@quilty964 Bon Voyage Karen!

@grapau27 Thank you for the link and today's explanations.

@Crazy For Cats Sorry the travel show was a disappointment. Safe travels to Juan.

@ottahand7 Great photos.

@StLouisCruisers Lovely photos. Thanks for posting Lenda's too. 

@kazu Ugh on your upcoming weather. Stay safe. 

@Haljo1935 Thanks for the nice photos.

@Sir PMP Nice

@ger_77 Condolences on the loss of your Aunt and your colleague's DH. That's so young, but diabetes can ravage the body if not controlled. 

@marshhawk I'm glad you're feeling better, and congrats on the sale. 

Prayers for the Care List and Cheers to those Celebrating.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 8

1 hour ago, cruising Katie said:

I have not been able to get any emails from Cruise Critic since Friday?  Is there something wrong with their site?

anyone else having the same problem

Kate 

I have been getting my notification emails - at least, so far.

1 hour ago, ger_77 said:

My second last aunt passed away yesterday (age 91), bless her - she was ill and missed my uncle so died last year, so they're together now. 

So very sorry to hear this, Gerry.  My condolences.  Prayers for your aunt, her family and you 🙏 

1 hour ago, ger_77 said:

The second call was about the husband of a colleague who also passed away yesterday - he was in his late 50's and died from complications of diabetes.  What makes this particularly sad is that he was his whole world to my friend, and they had no children, so I don't know how she's going to manage. 

No wonder you couldn’t sleep last night 😢. I am so sorry to hear this and so sorry for her 😢  She’s in for a tough road - but with all of you helping with meals and checking in on her, that will be a huge help to her.  A huge help.  Believe me, she will be very grateful and it is something you never forget.

1 hour ago, ger_77 said:

A friend sent this to me this morning as it's her kitty's birthday; those of you with cats in the house will understand immediately.

LOL 😂. A very happy birthday to Sochi 🎂 

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

Thank you Jacqui, thank you Eva, thank you Vanessa, thank you Ann, and thank you Dixie for all your work.  And thank you everyone for being here!

Stay Safe, and prayers for those in need.

- Jack

• Like 21

Good morning from a rainy Pacific Northwest, 

After a long day yesterday I'm planning to stay home and relax just a bit. Yesterday my friend and I went to Canada to visit my 97-year old mother. We finally got on her social calendar! She had plans for us that included cleaning her jewelry and cleaning two lower cupboards. We watched the Canucks lose to Detroit in an OT penalty shot then headed out to lunch. We went to a local Italian place that has great food, good parking (a consideration with DM's walker) and is usually quiet. The food was good and one of the best caesar salads I've had in a long time. I brought most of my cannelloni home so that's dinner tonight. Then we went to a local bakery to get scones - yum. I have a triple chocolate and a cinnamon one to munch on. This place is so popular and just a small spot. They sold out of the hot cross buns by noon! Fortunately the border crossing, both directions, was easy and less than 5 minutes. 

I like the quote, no on the food, maybe on the poppers. Today is getting the Valentines in the mail for the great nieces and nephews and working on the income tax. I've had to do a bit of research since I'm dealing with the DH's passing but my rough draft looks good. No to the Super Bowl unless I look at the commercials. 

Have a lovely day! 

Karen

• Like 25

1 hour ago, RedneckBob said:

Oh no. Now y’all know what I look like!

Dear RNB, You are not fooling us, we know that isn't really you, as you don't have your mask on or your oversized hand.

• Like 7
  • Haha 5

I was able to complete two important tasks this morning.  First I finally set up the new printer.  That went easier than expected.  It’s a canon with ink tanks and not cartridges.  Second we completed our taxes and e-filed them.  Now it’s a waiting game for refunds, DH needs to write a check to the feds, he gets some back from the state.

Since Juan was home before 10 am, instead of the expected 3 pm, we will go out for dinner.  It’ll be a treat for adulting this morning.

• Like 24

29 minutes ago, Crazy For Cats said:

I was able to complete two important tasks this morning.  First I finally set up the new printer.  That went easier than expected.  It’s a canon with ink tanks and not cartridges.  Second we completed our taxes and e-filed them.  Now it’s a waiting game for refunds, DH needs to write a check to the feds, he gets some back from the state.

Since Juan was home before 10 am, instead of the expected 3 pm, we will go out for dinner.  It’ll be a treat for adulting this morning.

Glad to hear he made it home safely. The big question is did he bring you any Fastnachts nome?

• Like 10
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, ger_77 said:

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  DH had a couple of autistic students in his class one year - he appreciated the different perspectives they brought to the room and one still stays in touch with him almost 30 years later.  Thank goodness for electricity - how else would I run my air fryer?  I agree with the spilled milk thing - you can't undo it, so just keep on going.

I'm a little late this morning as I slept in, sort of.  I had a bad night because yesterday afternoon and evening we had a couple of sad phone calls.  My second last aunt passed away yesterday (age 91), bless her - she was ill and missed my uncle so died last year, so they're together now.  The second call was about the husband of a colleague who also passed away yesterday - he was in his late 50's and died from complications of diabetes.  What makes this particularly sad is that he was his whole world to my friend, and they had no children, so I don't know how she's going to manage.  After making a couple of calls, some of us are getting together to create a meal train to deliver to her every few days over the next month or two so she's got food and will have someone checking in on her after her extended family have returned to their home cities.  I woke in the middle of the night thinking about all of this and stayed awake for almost 3 hours mulling everything over - thus the later wake up.

@quilty964 Bon Voyage; I'm sorry we won't get a chance to meet on this cruise - hopefully another time!

A friend sent this to me this morning as it's her kitty's birthday; those of you with cats in the house will understand immediately.

CatsBirthday.thumb.jpg.cc3f869febcb15db3325603156cd72f1.jpg

Not much on our agenda today, as neither of us is really interested in the Super Bowl.  I would like the drink of the day, green or not, will let others enjoy the white wine, and will pass on the poppers.  Because yesterday was Lunar New Year, our almost-adopted daughter Sophia and her family were celebrating with their Chinese friends, but said they would like to bring us dinner today.  Her husband Wei makes an amazing shrimp in sweet tomato sauce that they're bringing over along with rice and cold rolls that we'll enjoy with them and their 6 year old twin son and daughter at the dining table tonight.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who is in need, in pain, in grief, or in turmoil.  Cheers to all with celebrations.

Smooth Sailing!  ☺️☺️☺️

Gerry

@ger_77.

I'm so sorry to hear your sad news.

My prayers 🙏 and condolences to you and all their loved ones.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Good morning from Koningsdam somewhere in the Pacific Ocean.   There is some motion to the ocean, but so far its not as bad as on the way to Hawaii. 

We'll check out the Super Bowl party in the main stage and on the Lido deck.  When driving around the Hawaiian islands, I saw a lot of SF 49er flags, but not one KC flag.  Since both the teams I was pulling for to make it to the Super Bowl lost, I don't have a favorite to win.  We'll check out the commercials once we're back in Quartzsite if the dvr behaved and recorded the game.  When we have seen the game on ships, they get the raw feed without commercials.

By the time we got back to the ship yesterday,  it was time to get ready for dinner.  I finally finished the Daily last night when it was too late to post.

While we understand autism better, there is still a lot we need to learn, and a lot we need to figure out to help those in the autism spectrum.  Edison was a genius, but also a difficult man to work with.  No crying over spilt milk can be easier said than done at times.

I agree with the quote, and I wish many others felt the same way.

We'll pass on the meal, drink, and wine.

Three interesting or good days in recent modern historyl

@StLouisCruisers Sandi, thank you for reposting my pictures.

@JazzyV Vanessa, belated congratulations on your first anniversary doing the Care and Celebration lists.

@quilty964 BON VOYAGE, Karen.  Have a great cruise.

@grapau27  As always, thank you for the explanations of the various days.

@Crazy For Cats  Jake, I'm glad Juan made it home safely.

@ger_77  Gerry, our condolences to you and the extended family on the passing of your aunt.  Also, condolences to your colleague and her family on the untimely death of her DH.  I hope things will move quickly for your DH to have the much needed surgery after the test results this week.  Enjoy your belated Lunar New Year dinner with Sophia and her family.

@marshhawk  Annie, I'm glad you are feeling better.  Congratulations on the sale yesterday.  I hope your boss and his dog are all right.

@lazey1  Jane, I'm sorry you need open heart surgery, and I hope you will be doing much better afterwards.

Lenda

Edited by Quartzsite Cruiser
  • Like 25
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, JazzyV said:

Good morning. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily @kazu and @richwmn, and maps @rafinmd.

Autism seems to be increasingly recognized, but not enough healthcare professionals and services around to deal with it. I celebrate Edison, and won't cry over spilled milk. Excellent quote. I like the meal for game day, if not too spicy. Pass on the drink and wine. I haven't been to Giardini-Naxos. I'll salute Mandela and Vatican City.

It's cloudy and 41F right now. My plans are to work on the DR more as I don't have much more time. I was in too much pain to do anything last evening. There is supposed to be snow from Monday night into Tuesday (only 1-2"), but with the warm temps we've had the ground is warm, so it's not expected to amount to much (that's the day my furniture will be moved out of the house). I'll watch the Super Bowl later.

@quilty964 Bon Voyage Karen!

@grapau27 Thank you for the link and today's explanations.

@Crazy For Cats Sorry the travel show was a disappointment. Safe travels to Juan.

@ottahand7 Great photos.

@StLouisCruisers Lovely photos. Thanks for posting Lenda's too. 

@kazu Ugh on your upcoming weather. Stay safe. 

@Haljo1935 Thanks for the nice photos.

@Sir PMP Nice

@ger_77 Condolences on the loss of your Aunt and your colleague's DH. That's so young, but diabetes can ravage the body if not controlled. 

@marshhawk I'm glad you're feeling better, and congrats on the sale. 

Prayers for the Care List and Cheers to those Celebrating.

Thank you Vanessa @JazzyV.

I'm always happy to hopefully make a meaningful contribution to the Daily.

My prayers 🙏 for you to be pain free.

Graham.

• Like 13

I found Taormina fascinating. Like so much of the Med, it’s been conquered and occupied by most everyone and they’ve all left their mark. Thanks for the pictures. 

Solid gray today, not any cloud formations to enjoy just one big blanket. Temps dropping. 

Yesterday DH was miserable with  too much itching and the added nuisance of nosebleeds. By mid-afternoon it seemed he’d be too miserable for supper so I managed to get carry-out dinners from the dining room. Neither of us slept right last night. I did find the humidifier box (moved from New Mexico in 2021 still unused, it was my spare!  When we lived in the mountains we had a spare for everything!). Got it set up but he spent most of the night in the guest room. Now he’s sleeping next to the humidifier so I’m hoping it will help. At least he’s sleeping, which is more than I can say.  

Tomorrow he’s supposed to get the first future opened by laser. Thank you @JazzyV for keeping us on the rotation list. It’s very much appreciated!  The forecasts still show tomorrow ok, storm to come in Monday night-Tuesday, 4-8” snow. That’ll be a mess.  I have no idea when the eye doctor will want us back, but it shouldn’t be for a few days because he’s not in this office Tuesdays or Wednesdays. Taking it one day at a time!  The tonometer company sent a form to begin the process to get the loaner device and have ours repaired. I’m so grateful it’s still able to make readings and upload by Bluetooth. The cable is more reliable through the phone in a power outage (which might happen with this storm) but I’m hoping we’ll manage though it all and keep his pressures on track through the changes that thus procedure will cause. Breathing!   

I plan to watch the game today, hoping to go to early supper before it. No need for munchies!  

@ger_77 I’m sorry you are dealing with losses. The food will help your friend, and help you!  

Blessings to all! I keep you all in my heart and prayers even if not mentioned. Thanks for being here!  
Maureen 

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1

Good  morning here but good afternoon to many. Sunday didn’t happen and our on board Super Bowl Monday will start in a few hours around noon here. The Pacific is like glass this morning. They really put on a fantastic Lunar New Years last night with a huge variety of Chinese selections. Dumplings, Peking Duck, won ton soup, various fried rice and much more. The weather was perfect, pool side decorated and the waves of the pool made a special evening.

Just waking up so headed for coffee and a energizer shot combo of juice and ginger.

Enjoy your day and thanks for all your post and contributions. Will read later. Bruce

image.thumb.jpeg.5878dfbc0b88c068ba5d0a0cd0167ebc.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.9aef6d87e675fc7a6e4bd377c2124cf7.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.20833a2b7cb450bcaa3219aceef33584.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.0d8bd86b5fa41463b75cb877438fd4f9.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.e7519f05991ba85149c97de0ee4cad5b.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.ed0272342090a651f26e97a29fe87807.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.ee9ba819f6d9d2f257551d272d786182.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.fa625f492f1f9f0f794d5a28c16e9a1b.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.fc907d51668d2f9dd69c81add100ab0b.jpeg

• Like 23
  • Thanks 7

Good Sunday Afternoon from Miami Florida.  

It is a beautiful sunny day.

i have not yet read the posts but will do so in a little while.

Just wanted to check in while i can.

We were able to disembark the ship this morning and go to Miami Beach to go shopping.  We went to Target where I was able to buy some Arnicare for my bruises.  Also bought some total cover make-up so hide the bruises while they heal.

Jim bought some beautiful roses for Valentine’s Day.  Now we are looking for a vase to put them in.  

Then we went to Total Wine right next door to Target and bought a few more bottles of wine for the next seven days≥

There was a very nice lunch in the dining room for the 179 guests who were continuing on from the prior cruise.

Everyone is excited about the SuperBowl.  We are not big football fans so we were able to get an extra reservation in the Specialty Restaurant tonight.  We will go to the pool deck for the second half.

Feeling much better and now with the total cover makeup I should be all set,

Will post more later when I read through all of today’s posts.

In case I can’t, I hope your team wins.

God Bless,

Terri

• Like 26

Good morning and thanks all!  
@ger_77 sorrytohearof your losses!  It’s hard to lose one’s elders. I too have only one aunt left.   How kind of you to make those meals!  I share your planning mid sleep, sigh!  
Well we’re thinking today will be a good day for Costco, lol!   Everyone seems busy🤷‍♀️

@Haljo1935 we enjoyed our tour to that town,   That church is in the photos!   @RedneckBob you missed your chance! fuggadabuddit!  

image.thumb.jpeg.59f0d57535c388c663b065c2dfd7f3fa.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.02f985a5352a56a2061659c4ebe58995.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.26782c7a308221b009fcaaa8334ca068.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.bdded3d56ff595fca33fb2e87e748182.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.d655c4ce0f42b8914e05ced084133587.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.16916c1ad9a827a3be43cc9abdf89564.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.b9ce4550a1b15921ac319e266f1ccd2b.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.0311b3ee050f4e3e0cba68d16ffb4b87.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.3b6594423fa2cf8214c6a2a84f7b481c.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.c906dc3a603c7c358e5aa2f6e0f46b47.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.a721eebcc78795c6e4813020e688ba51.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.4ce9ada77fded162dbc77afadfd4a997.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.a50e0f44cd79a5900d41745fc1d2f0f3.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.e50d855b88dff4cff4b1b48d152739a6.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.12617ba329f242dc92b246dc1ec60c4c.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.0d7c88f4bbb3fcb56f7ac0339ac6dbd2.jpeg

• Like 19
  • Thanks 8

2 hours ago, travelnap said:

Dear RNB, You are not fooling us, we know that isn't really you, as you don't have your mask on or your oversized hand.

Wait for it. Next month cruises again and is set to have all hands on deck and exposing himself! 😳

• Like 10

8 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

I checked my Cruising Profile and it said we had been to Taormina on the Prinsendam Holy Land cruise we took in Oct. 2014.  But when I looked at my Shutterfly book of that cruise it turns out we were unable to go there and they substituted Messina instead.  Knowing I'd seen Taormina on a tour once I was able to determine we'd been there in October 2016 on Emerald Princess.  The port was Messina and the tour was to Mt. Etna and Taormina. 

October 5, 2016 on our tour of Taormina.  It's a charming town and very scenic but can be a problem to negotiate when crowds are large.  It would be nice here off season, whenever that is!

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIhy9M0PjnBdsXbC--iikha?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1477680286

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLYvlPLPLXQpeBCqITy4HsW?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1477680305

The Duomo and the funky fountain in front of it.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKkeACFzS85iBmNDOFQG8Bo?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1477680315

A small walkway.  I love those lanterns hanging from the building.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLnHTB-WI6fb_9BeuxPD1oE?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1477750346

A shopper's delight...00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKzTmh_Wg9Ssa8vl2PNIxDw?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1477680324

A dining/drinking delight...00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKRe-FCtg1fUHtbTbuXec9W?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1477680330

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJwPyetluYk8DfGxH6RRRgR?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1477680347

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJHBLM0Cgf9TrPKHBy_jYx4?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1477680355

The view from an overlook00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLIurrSpuBC8sd7ujPv9j41?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1477680364

A closer look at that ship in case you'd like to identify it...might be a Windstar00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJLtxXBIU8E6Px9A1GQPVAw?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1477680370

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVI8q1kn-v02ymb6b-ICNFPm?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1477680372

The Church of St. Joseph (or the Chiesa San Giuseppe)00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVImkeEiAPtoQLYFJ9jcM6fI?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1477680386

In front of the church00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLrk44JoUz1dLWVAEEDlU6q?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1477660106

Lots of people!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIsWLeAMljJHTyKKMWOLw3Z?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1477680401

Enough for today.  

Yes, it is one of the 3 Windstar motor ships, which were former Seabourn ships.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Good afternoon everyone.  I’m late to the daily today with a good excuse.  We were supposed to fly to Ft. Lauderdale on Tuesday morning at 7:30am, right in the middle of one of our only snow storms this winter.  After mass this morning DH made the comment that maybe we should try to leave tomorrow instead. After a call to the airline and hotel we were successful and that’s been today.  We were in pretty good shape as far as packing was concerned so now we’ve gone from 45rpms to 78!  

A good collection of days and quote.  The meal sounds like a great Superbowl snack.  We were in today’s port last September,  I’ll try posting some pics.  It was beautiful and very crowded.  Prayers for those on our prayer list today.  Cheers to those celebrating happy events!  

IMG_1554.thumb.jpeg.b3ddbd38bc7765a2a96def24e900486a.jpeg

IMG_1555.thumb.jpeg.db6699b601577a9e909452a9a77e6683.jpeg

IMG_1553.thumb.jpeg.20e92dcb895aee7170e64c95fab122fb.jpeg

IMG_1493.thumb.jpeg.58dd428d8b5ce749b9b3df6ecb58f976.jpeg

IMG_1490.thumb.jpeg.079f116e8742f563263c149d7a2ac13d.jpeg

IMG_1505.thumb.jpeg.0d4a9a5755fc83f244f382e4d624754b.jpeg

IMG_1548.thumb.jpeg.7d5e2eed032c69e2821b1fbc5203f476.jpeg

IMG_1523.thumb.jpeg.f909828c184350f9d9678f8a92d1efcb.jpeg

• Like 21
  • Thanks 2