The Fleet Report and Daily for Friday April 5th, 2024

kazu

It turned our to be a busy morning and early afternoon.  Early DH did want to head to W-M so I went to the local grocery store with a stop at the donut shop.  It's been 4 1/2 months since we had good donuts.  Once I was home, DH was ready to head to W-M, so we left after breakfast and after the groceries were put away.  While DH was waiting for the new battery to be installed, I got most of the items that were left on the list.  Mainly, it was health things and fertilizer and insecticide granules for the yard.  I decided to get some more marigolds for the yard since mine did well last year.  I guess I'll be doing yard work tomorrow, but it was pretty warm when we got home this afternoon.  I also found an eclipse t-shirt for DH.  There were three left and all in his size.

When we were leaving W-M we drove over to the outlet mall, which is now basically shutdown, except for one store.  There will be an eclipse watching event there this weekend and Monday.  There were a lot of vendors setting up in the parking lot along with a carnival and petting zoo.   We're staying home. 

6 hours ago, 0106 said:

@StLouisCruisers @Quartzsite CruiserThank you for the wonderful pictures of Bergen (and the wonderful port pictures you post most days).  

I am excited about our Best of Norway cruise on the Rotterdam in August.  In February, we had an itinerary change and there are two replacement ports: Gothenburg, Sweden and Mandal (Kristiansand) Norway.  I am unsure what we will do in these ports.  There are no excursions listed for Mandal.  Does anyone have any suggestions for these ports?

Positive thoughts for those who need them.  Cheers to those celebrating and cruising.

Tina, we were in Kristiansand in 2009, and found it a nice, walkable town.  IIRC, there were a few tours outside of town, but I can't say they will be any since we were on Princess at that time.

6 hours ago, smitty34877 said:

@Quartzsite Cruiser, Lenda, I loved the NYC GPS meme. Colorful language is part of driving around here!!

We were in Bergen on our VOV cruise. It started out to be a nice day and Lou and I took the funicular. I walked down the mountain and got totally drenched. He met me at the bottom after returning by funicular. It is such a beautiful area if the world.

Gold Star Mothers deserve a day and I am all for a good conscience. I hope not to be broke. The recipes look great today. I would agree with Debbie that the first one needs to have the eggs more cooked.

The private aide for last night canceled at the last minute due to illness. I was up twice last night which is an improvement over the previous few days. 

The sun is out for a change and I promised the dogs a long walk. Have a great day everyone.

Terry, I thought of you when I saw that NYC GPS meme.  We lived in Dover, NJ, when DH was in the Army, and in Delaware and Pennsylvania, off and on from 1969 through 1985, and we made many trips into NYC.  My first trip to NYC was as a college freshman in 1966 when a professor took a group of us there for a week to visit various media, advertising and public relations firms.  However, much of the time we were on our own too.  I was walking with another girl back to the hotel from a visit to The New York Times, when a man approached us to ask where we were from.  He said he knew we weren't from NY because we didn't "walk like mechanics".  BTW, we were staying at the Taft Hotel near Times Square because it was cheap.  I think we were some of the very few people that rented rooms for a full night or longer. 😁  A few years later, when I was showing DH where we stayed, one of the "working girls" tried to pick him up in front of the hotel.  You got to love NYC.  

I'm sorry the aide was not able to come last night, but it's better she didn't if she was sick.  I hope you have help tonight.

6 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Good morning Dailyites. A beautiful 59 going to 86 today. Sure wish I could beam up some warmth to Jacqui.

Glancing forward to Monday's weather: cloudy skies in the morning followed by thunderstorms in the afternoon. 80% chance of rain. Our total eclipse is due at 1:35. 

Our bluebonnets are everywhere and it's wonderful to just stop and look at them for a bit and to say a few prayers while I'm enjoying the scenery. I'll post a few pictures I took yesterday from my phone.

20240404_112327.thumb.jpg.7513e0126ddab9d546c55d6ea4e80760.jpg

20240404_112347.thumb.jpg.ba77c2cf8aff73b0128e035df7f55727.jpg

Prayers for Tana. (Darn, why are these aids always calling in sick!)

God bless our Gold Star spouses.

image.png.c8c2a0b98b01453678f0da8215adce61.png

image.png.eed6fb6421a05d01d252a3d7355db4e4.png

Birthday wishes for Edi, Bon Voyage to @lobsternight

Prayers lifted for the innocents in war torn countries, our brave soldiers, those poor people who are starving and aid is not coming fast enough, our sick and homeless veterans. Prayers for our Daily-ites and their families. 

Have a blessed day, a great weekend, stay healthy and be kind!

Joy, loved the pictures of the bluebonnets.  They are really spectacular this year.

5 hours ago, RedneckBob said:

Thanks for the Fleet Update and General Info from all contributors!

Shoutout to HAL for excellent embark/disbark on last weeks N Statendam cruise. Don’t tell anyone but once we got off the Celebrity Reflection at 9:20 am, we walked to the HAL terminal and were able to checkin our bags and selves and at boarding area at 9:40 am. Boarded at 11 Am. As far as disembarkation we were with 4/5 star mariners which was Pink1/2 bag tags. We had decided to be last off so we stayed in cabin. But at 7:20 AM, that’s right 7:20 AM our Pink bag tags were called. We decided to go ahead and get off ship. No one was disembarking and very few passengers in terminal. Bottomline is that we left the cabin at 7:25 am and were leaving port by 7:50 am after getting car out of main garage and pick up bags at wife at terminal. I guess everyone was surprised that color bag tag disemabarkation started so early that no one was ready to leave!

RNB, we did have embarkation times in January.  Our Pink 2 was called very early at the end of the cruise.  Was it something we did or said?  😉

4 hours ago, marshhawk said:

As promised-our new child, Tigger-Tigger with still life

image.thumb.jpeg.d322bfbf9c6926093db5add372b803e2.jpeg

profile of a Tigger

image.thumb.jpeg.67d0354cf230cbfd19e39d07118a3e76.jpeg

Tigger looks a lot like our Tom who we adopted along with his sister in 1969.  He was a sweet cat.

3 hours ago, AroundWithMAPTravels said:

Yes.  Epicenter less than 10 miles from me.  Initial “boom “ was unnerving, followed by about 20 seconds of house rattling 

County sent out “yes that was an earthquake, please stop calling 911” message 

thankfully everything seems to be fine . 
we were just in Bergen in February (have been there before as well). One day was warm (by winter standards) and many restaurants and bars opened up their outdoor dining (yes in Feb).  They were also having the annual seafood festival   This year the fishing industry is trying to promote bycatch as a sustainable food .  Also, the fogbow was interesting  image.thumb.jpeg.d63a2f1be18139eeeb408ddb77765a0d.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.6204a08340f92931b80b41f19b59116d.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.65d54320c96e7d9627a31bc10c380abf.jpeg

I'm glad there was no damage from the earthquake.

3 hours ago, smitty34877 said:

I was walking the dogs and mine was acting funny. Then the shaking began. I have only felt one other earthquake but recognized the odd sensation. Tana said the house was vibrating . Hopefully there is no damage but we got an emergency alert to expect aftershocks.

Animals seem to sense earthquakes before the happen.

3 hours ago, dfish said:

I wondered the same thing, Sandi.  The stye is draining and getting in the pool with that is kind of like getting in with an open sore.  I'll wait until it is healed to go back.  I can do the weight machines safely, so I still get my exercise.  

I was in Bergen in 2017.  That cruise I was solo and was celebrating my recovery from a broken hip.  It was kind of a wet, rainy day, so I didn't take many pictures.  I went back with Sue and Donna and my nephew Matt and his partner, Laura, in 2022.  We had a delightfully sunny day.  I had pre-purchased tickets for the funicular so we skipped the line and went straight up.  There is a lot more up there than just an overlook and restaurant.  Donna was content looking at the souvenir stands and Sue and I took a hike into a lake.  

Bergenhike.thumb.jpg.4d04fcec6842727a95d7a1883de6029a.jpg

Bergenhike2.thumb.jpg.c51ebeb94962c74bb652ed01b4d19cf5.jpg

Bergenhike3.thumb.jpg.4b4e4860c4a7e2ee8ab07568ae6161fe.jpg

We also had some visitors trying to hitch a ride with us as we sailed away.

bergen5.thumb.jpg.81262873985405fe7dbcf692f8caf44d.jpg

bergen4.thumb.jpg.c4ae40c829377f97d04cd7dd9115a261.jpg

Great pictures, Debbie.  I loved the pictures of Sue feeding the sea gull.

Lenda

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Nancy, Austin has never had a reaction to anything before but he probably never ate a walnut or perhaps even a pecan before.  He is definitely going to be tested for allergies to tree nuts once he sees his PCP.  We've had pecan pies at Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners with them and he prefers other types of pies.  

I hope your case of red wine shows up soon!

You are absolutely correct, the church name should have read St. John not James.  Too bad I can't edit it now.  I'll probably forget the next time Bergen comes up on our list, too.  Sorry for the error.  We went to the grocery this morning and as soon as I turned on the TV they started talking about the earthquake.  I'm glad everybody seems to be okay.

It's definitely an interesting place to visit.  We've done a lot of walking up in the hills and walking back down from the funicular is a good way to get exercise without wearing you out.

Thanks Melanie, I think the tests will come up with something he's allergic to.  Austin eats like his Dad, very healthy and he's not prone to trying new things.  Therefore he'd probably never had a walnut or pecan before.  

Love the fogbow!!  Your photos are very nice.  It was a good idea to send out the texts not to call 911.  They must have been quite overloaded with calls and needed to keep the lines available for true emergencies.

That was a cool lake you found on your walk in Bergen.  It's an absolutely stunning city to visit.  I hope the draining of your stye is complete soon.  It wouldn't be a good idea for anyone to get into a pool with that type of infection.  Someone likely did and you pay the price.  

Beautiful photo! 

Best wishes to Austin Sandi that he is okay.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Crazy weather day here. Sunny in the am, clouded over, snow flurries briefly, sun again, now cloudy. We have been promised a warm up next week. Currently just above freezing.

we are just outside the path of totality on Monday here in Windsor but Point Pelee national park in the southern half of Essex county  is preparing for an influx of people since they are in totality. The park will only admit 700 cars so I am sure people will arrive early. And on the local news last night they said that the ferry to pelee island was booked solid. I will satisfy my myself with a partial eclipse! Besides I have to do some prepping for Tuesday. We have invited friends for dinner and I got word yesterday that our power will be out from 9 am to 1 pm for some major work on the main line near us. So baking will have to be done on Monday. Tuesday morning I will head out to do some shopping while the power is out, as long as we remember to move the car out of the garage before they cut power.

prayers for those that need them and a celebratory shoutout to thos3 celebrating. Good to hear of dailyites getting home or to their destinations safely.

• Like 19

Today's sunrise is from a 2013 Queen Elizabeth transatlantic New York to Southhampton.  April 15 was the penultimate sea day before reaching Southampton:

dawn0405.jpg

Roy

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1

Happy Friday!  After 3 days of rain, we have some sun today.  It's in the 40's but very windy.  Finally got an outside walk done, but the wind is chilling!  Got some eclipse glasses from our library yesterday, but our forecast isn't very promising.  

Hugs for the Gold Star Spouses.  My grandma was a Gold Star Mother.  My uncle gave the ultimate sacrifice at a very young age on Christmas Eve in 1944.  I don't remember, but my uncle said Grandma always had her star pin on. 

Thanks for all of the pictures today. I'd like to see Norway some day.  My mother's family was from there. 

Thanks for all of the pictures today! 

Hoping everyone is  safe after the earthquake.  

@smitty34877sorry to hear the aid was sick, hopefully tonight you get some help. 

Have a good rest of the day.  Tomorrow we get to see DGD in Willy Wonka Jr.  She's a squirrel and an Oompa Lumpa!  Can't wait.  Karen

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

@StLouisCruisers, Sandi, My DGS had a tree nut allergy when he was younger. I had to use the epi pen twice and it so scary. I am so sorry this happened to Austin and required  the ER. I hope he feels better soon.

@Quartzsite Cruiser, Lenda, Times Square was always an “ interesting “ place but it seems so soulless to me in its’ present state. The first time my DDiL came to New York she insisted she had to see it. She was happier with the Empire State Building and MOMA. 
So far the aide from Wednesday will be here tonight.It is very helpful.

@marshhawk, Annie, The new kitty is so beautiful and looks happy!

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

I was reading the Daily this morning when the earthquake happened. Pretty exciting for me, my first “real” earthquake that I could feel the rolling shaking. We’re in top floor, 7th!  Apartment shook for a good 20 seconds after the initial BANG, slight pause then the shaking increased for about 20-30 seconds. Nothing came off shelves, the building and our complex seem intact. Epicenter was maybe 25 miles to our SW. As a geologist I have to say I was excited to experience it! 

I’ll honor Gold Star Spouses🫡 but can’t celebrate. 

Had a lot of texts and a call from a long-ago friend who said, “you didn’t have to set off a quake to make me call you!” 😆

Happy to report all family travelers to funerals have made it safely. 

SIL in hospital is showing a glimmer of improvement!  Responding to antibiotics and IV nutrition. We’ll see day by day. Thank you all for your caring support. 

Hoping for better days Terry! Interesting about the dog… animals are so sensitive!  
And stable days so Terri and Jim can travel. 
Hang in Jacqui and stay safe. 
Hope Vanessa can get some relief. 
Glad Debbie is healing!  
Paul, hoping “all of you” can feel better soon. What era are you addressing in your presentation on electrification of NY?  Interesting!  

Loving the bluebonnets!  

We’re slogging through taxes, making progress!  Next year we’ll have local cpa support but this year they said, Call anytime after April 15th!  Oh well… 

Blessings all. Maureen 

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

@kazuI want to thank you for the information, quite some time ago, about a keyboard for the iPad. Finally using it on this trip and I love it! First port today and will wander Cabo San Lucas this afternoon and explore tomorrow. Lots of lectures and info gearing up to the eclipse on Monday. Can’t wait!!

• Like 11

Tina @0106 your post about Kristiansand reminded me we are going back there May 27, but I have nothing planned again.  When there before we wandered around the town and like Lenda said it is a walkable town.  I think if I have a map of the town we could find the market, and some of the churches to visit this time.  I just hope it's not pouring rain that day.  Last time we got a little wet and as soon as we got back on the ship it was a downpour.  Everything is always so much better on a sunny day.🌞

2 hours ago, JazzyV said:

Good afternoon. Thanks for the FR/Daily @kazu @richwmn and maps @rafinmd.

I will certainly salute Gold Star Spouses for their sacrifices to our country. No going for broke here. The world would be a better place if more inhabitants had a conscience. Fun quote. Maybe on the meal. Pass on the drink and wine. I haven't been to Bergen.

It's a cool, windy day, with snow squalls. And it's opening day for the baseball team. People will need to dress like for a football game, as wind chills are in the 20's. The rivers are finally dropping their very high levels, and some highways have opened back up. Sleep was about the same for me, 3.5 hours. I had PT, then straight back home for a mid-day coffee and bagel. The person came yesterday to clean, although I think I need to wipe one wall down again. I'd like to start putting some things back in place, as able. Monday, BFF and I are traveling to Erie, to visit a friend and watch the eclipse from their yard. I hope it's not too cloudy. In 2017 we drove to Tennessee, and although it was partly cloudy we had a good view.

@lobsternight Bon Voyage!

@NextOne Happy Birthday!

@GTVCRUISER Welcome Home!

@StLouisCruisers Lovely photos from Bergen. How scary for Austin! It was always surprising to me that you could have eaten or been exposed to something with no issues, then one day you're allergic. He definitely needs to get tested. I'm glad he's ok.

@rafinmd I hope the echocardiogram shows nothing further of concern.

@Cruzin Terri I'm sorry to hear you were ill, but glad you're back now. And good you got your cleaning person back. It's for the best, but of course Jim won't like being told he shouldn't drive.

@dfish I'm glad the eye is better. I hope your weather Monday is at least partly sunny. 

@kazu Oh my on your weather! I hope you're feeling better. 

@Quartzsite Cruiser Great photos. Thanks. 

@smitty34877 I'm sorry to hear the aide cancelled last night and hope she is able to work tonight. Being up twice is still hard, but I'm glad it wasn't more. Prayers for Tana, her son, you and the whole family.

@Seasick Sailor Thanks for the photos of the bluebonnets. 

@ger_77 You have warmer temps than here! 

@kochleffel Sorry you had some trouble sleeping. I guess you felt the earthquake that was centered in NJ. 

@marshhawk Tigger is handsome. 

@bennybear @AroundWithMAPTravels @dfish  Thanks for the Bergen photos.

@Norseh2o Lovely sunrise!

Prayers for the Care List and a Toast to those Celebrating.

Thanks Vanessa.  He may have eaten a walnut before but we're not sure.  So awful!

I hope you make it to see the solar eclipse Monday.  I haven't heard if my twin will try to head south to see it.  I think they should take a chance even if there is a lot of traffic.  And a picnic lunch would be a good way to go if there are crowds everywhere.  This would be in a very small town.  There are probably only 2000 people in the entire area and few restaurants.  Lord knows the cemetery should be quiet!

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Best wishes to Austin Sandi that he is okay.

Thanks Graham!  I hope he's okay too.  

17 minutes ago, smitty34877 said:

@StLouisCruisers, Sandi, My DGS had a tree nut allergy when he was younger. I had to use the epi pen twice and it so scary. I am so sorry this happened to Austin and required  the ER. I hope he feels better soon.

@Quartzsite Cruiser, Lenda, Times Square was always an “ interesting “ place but it seems so soulless to me in its’ present state. The first time my DDiL came to New York she insisted she had to see it. She was happier with the Empire State Building and MOMA. 
So far the aide from Wednesday will be here tonight.It is very helpful.

@marshhawk, Annie, The new kitty is so beautiful and looks happy!

Thank you Terry.  I would be interested in hearing if he feels like normal today or still has some after effects.  The three guys were driving home to Cincinnati from Virginia today.  He will need to recover before back to school on Monday after their spring break adventure.

I really hope tonight's aide makes it there.  Everyone needs a good night's sleep.

I have not so favorable views of Times Square too.  In 1996 I was supposed to receive a custom made ring from DH for Christmas.  The diamond was very expensive and was sent to a jewelry designer in New York to place it in the setting.  When it was ready it was shipped by UPS back to our jeweler in Richmond, Virginia.  It had special handling which apparently jewelers know all about, everything locked up and signed in and out.  But the ring only made it to the Times Square UPS facility and was supposed to be safely locked up in a safe.  However it somehow "disappeared" from the safe.  All I know is what they told us when they called to tell us our ring was gone.  We had to start all over again picking out diamonds.  The one we picked had to be sent over from Hong Kong, but it eventually made its way to the setting designer and into our hands, but it was February before I got it.  So someone somewhere has a ring exactly like mine, supposedly.  I never wanted to go to Times Square after that.😢

8 minutes ago, RMLincoln said:

I was reading the Daily this morning when the earthquake happened. Pretty exciting for me, my first “real” earthquake that I could feel the rolling shaking. We’re in top floor, 7th!  Apartment shook for a good 20 seconds after the initial BANG, slight pause then the shaking increased for about 20-30 seconds. Nothing came off shelves, the building and our complex seem intact. Epicenter was maybe 25 miles to our SW. As a geologist I have to say I was excited to experience it! 

I’ll honor Gold Star Spouses🫡 but can’t celebrate. 

Had a lot of texts and a call from a long-ago friend who said, “you didn’t have to set off a quake to make me call you!” 😆

Happy to report all family travelers to funerals have made it safely. 

SIL in hospital is showing a glimmer of improvement!  Responding to antibiotics and IV nutrition. We’ll see day by day. Thank you all for your caring support. 

Hoping for better days Terry! Interesting about the dog… animals are so sensitive!  
And stable days so Terri and Jim can travel. 
Hang in Jacqui and stay safe. 
Hope Vanessa can get some relief. 
Glad Debbie is healing!  
Paul, hoping “all of you” can feel better soon. What era are you addressing in your presentation on electrification of NY?  Interesting!  

Loving the bluebonnets!  

We’re slogging through taxes, making progress!  Next year we’ll have local cpa support but this year they said, Call anytime after April 15th!  Oh well… 

Blessings all. Maureen 

Maureen, we have an earthquake story too.  In fall of 1979 we moved to Northern California for DH's job.  Our new home was complete around Christmas so we moved in immediately afterward.  I was doing window treatments and in January 1980 was standing on a ladder in the dining room hanging drapes on the windows when suddenly I saw the chandelier lighting reflections on the walls moving back and forth.  Turned around to see the chandelier swinging back and forth.  When searching for the name of the quake it comes up there was a Livermore Earthquake that month - 5.8 at the source.  That's the only time I remember feeling an earthquake though we've probably had several in our lives.  Missouri is sitting on the New Madrid fault which is a major one.  Thankfully we've made it through with no damage to property.

I'm glad your SIL is doing a little better.  You just never know!

• Like 12
  • Thanks 4

It was a busy day yesterday. Over 15,000 steps two excursions that the second got us back to ship at nine PM. The nightly water light show was fantastic. Right now it’s up early to get ready for today’s excursion.

Hitting some sights we didn’t see yesterday. 
We sail at five today. It will be fun to see our new pax trying to find their way around the ship. It was also nice to not see our bags in the hallway last night.

We will finally need to attend the life boat drill today.

Enjoy your evening. Bruce

• Like 16

1 hour ago, RMLincoln said:

my first “real” earthquake that I could feel the rolling shaking.

The first time that I felt an earthquake, I was in what was technically a bell tower. I say "technically" because it wasn't a very high one; I was in a room at about the third-floor level.

It was a college building, and some months later a psychology professor built a research project around it, using a questionnaire that asked "Do you remember the earthquake? Without looking anything up, what day, date, and time was it, and where were you? How do you know this?

• Like 10

6 hours ago, Norseh2o said:

Sunrise, 4/5/24, looking north and east at the Catalina Mountains and Redington Pass, from west Tucson.  75 degrees & a bit of wind later today. 
image000000.thumb.jpeg.50826b4d48015cdb4d1db9da17163542.jpeg

Beautiful! The colors are so vivid. 

• Like 8

18 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

So, during this morning's earthquake, what makes the big BANG sound.  ??

The first wave to come is the P wave which is a compression wave. The bang is similar to any compression wave hitting, similar to an explosion that pushes a compression wave through the air. The Bang is just that something hit the building. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

13 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

We went to Bergen on 4 of our cruises, and it seems to be a popular stop for most Norway cruises.  We do love Norway!  I've heard it rains there a lot but we've managed to see it in sunshine a few times.  I think that if you are there for the first time, go up Mt. Floyen on the funicular (called Floibanen) and see the fish market right there on the waterfront.  You don't have to take a ship's tour, just head for the hillside.  This is what the building looks like where you get your tickets and go up in the funicular.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJOEe129yU7aoyXnjszxG71?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

The wait for the car to take you up.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVL8mcHpt_wPB19w1AVurvOr?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIUnOo-qYIJlNsbBE9Axqgd?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

A different view from the top.  We enjoy walking around that little park and lake shown in the picture.  There's really a lot to see in Bergen besides the funicular and fish market.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVK2g7pWSV4nuHW9M8b-BGvr?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

Our first trip to Bergen was on Crown Princess in 2013.  The second time was in 2015 on Caribbean Princess and that is when these photos were taken.  I saw a Holland America ship while up on the mountainside and zoomed in to take this photo of the Ryndam.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLAxgP2ogDDtc8hvnIhpsRq?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

We had just taken our first HAL cruise in October 2014 and loved it enough to start booking HAL cruises.  We had already fully booked 2015 on Princess so our second cruise on HAL was in 2016 but you can tell I was interested enough to take a photo of a HAL ship this day.  Our relationship with Holland America has worked out well for us because we enjoy the many interesting ports of call they go to.  Princess usually isn't as adventurous.  Our third and fourth time in Bergen was on Prinsendam in 2016 and 2017.

On our first visit to Norway in 2013 we along with friends on the ship took a walk through some beautiful park-like areas on the slopes of the hills above Bergen.  A closer view of the harbor from our hike.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKnkKv1ZzB66q6EBPtzr3he?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

Did any of you notice this stairway to the Christmas Shop located on the Bryggen side of the harbor?  Makes me dizzy to even look at it.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVI8k-9b_Sf2-myIp7ZftA7f?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

Also a lot of people enjoy the sunshine (when they can get it) at these cafes lining the harbor.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJuHOhOLdQImj96AYHf7CTu?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

One time we hiked up a hill of steps to an interesting church so these photos are for fans of churches like @HAL4NOW.  If you turn your back on the funicular and fish market you may notice a huge church up on a hillside.  Like this:00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKZl2JiMRfWiePg1oY2-t3o?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIO2Wk5so-mEvVdgrKFTL-Q?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

You can start to see the steps.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLSjql-nP_dOhao1jx6qlE9?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

Turn around.  This is where you started at, down at the bottom of this hill.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLurwJ1UQvsGXGJOXAvaCwE?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLvPqDkrKQXasXLL-tOmS9O?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

Name of the church - Johanneskirken or St. James Church00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJCnaDyWlEr5AYT4hxPAm-g?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

I thought the ceiling was unique and very Norwegian.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLO7n8M-P371UVtoYMW_MQW?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJ1LkhMzdw9YTBhV1_08JJt?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJ5EADTJx_89h-udVsfRN39?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJNy_hFojxYR09g1XUp6xfA?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

Hoping to go back to Norway sometime soon.🤞

Thanks for the pic of the Ryndam in Bergen in 2013.  I was there on her in June 2013 on my 14 day cruise to Norway which began in Dover and went to many of the fjords and all the way to Honningsvag.  Bergen is a very nice port as is the route in and out to Bergen.

• Like 7

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, aliaschief said:

Just a few pics from last night’s water light show in Singapore.

image.thumb.jpeg.2e95aaad881ae39801338e4f9d49021c.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.eb22ae75520ac8912b47b7b7e5502e46.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.bdf3b8ce09813a12bc5b8ce755663246.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.bac5b287c7ec0b296590e13ba221d9fb.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.7c6cd07984c4dea13bbc7f6d0cc0a2e9.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.f9a1ff59cc9874dd3de823c032a5db2f.jpeg

Beautiful! I am quite enjoying your pictures  - thanks for sharing. 

Edited by Haljo1935
Remove pic
  • Like 6

3 hours ago, NextOne said:

Thank you for all the birthday wishes, friends! The best present I got was that my DS finally got a new job! Hallelujah!

Congrats to your DS on the new job. That is a good birthday gift for you.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Hmm my post for today is gone🤷‍♀️ Can't imagine what I said that CC didn't like...Not doing it again, but a bit perturbed it's not here.

Do hope everyone that is interested has plans for Totality on Mon. I am fortunate to be strategically located and will be taking a long lunch break to witness it.🌕🌔🌓🌒🌑😎👀

Thanks everyone for all the awesome pictures. 

Prayers 🙏 and positive thoughts for all. 

• Like 8