The Fleet Report and Daily for Tuesday June 4th, 2024

12 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

We just got the itinerary in an email for a certain set of relatives for their next voyage, the Zuiderdam for 42 days, just like us! Oh boy...what a treat. 😕 They arrive Saturday at our turnover day in IJmuiden, Netherlands. I was afraid of this happening. I hope we can continue doing what we like to do without them trying to butt in or tag along with us everywhere.

The relationship sort of went downhill during DH's Mom's last few years. They may think this is a fine time to try to get back into our good graces. I'm on vacation here, not looking for therapy sessions. Give me strength!

Funny thing is they probably listed us as their emergency contact for this cruise, and we're on it too so basically that's not allowed. He is on the outs with his family too so we're their closest relative.

Sorry to hear your relatives are on your next cruise Sandi.

Please don't let them spoil your next cruise and be assertive with them if necessary.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Sorry to hear your relatives are on your next cruise Sandi.

Please don't let them spoil your next cruise and be assertive with them if necessary.

Thanks Graham.  Maybe I'm wrong and they'll be hiding out!😄

• Like 12
  • Haha 7

Cool here right now.... high today into the 80's before heat sets in later in the week. At least we are spared the humidity. Hopefully some rain this weekend although I am not all that optimistic. And if it does come, it will come with lightning which is not a good thing.

I am leading a very uneventful life right now. Slowly pottering around the house and tossing things out here and there. Walking the dogs... reading.

@NickelpennyThanks for posting Crabby Road. One of my favorites. I have a Maxine doll who often accompanies me on cruises. My cabin stewards love her.

Off to do as little as possible today. My eyes are a bit itchy...allergies are kicking in.

Susan

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Thanks Graham.  Maybe I'm wrong and they'll be hiding out!😄

I hope they keep their distance from you.

Good luck.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

We just got the itinerary in an email for a certain set of relatives for their next voyage, the Zuiderdam for 42 days, just like us! Oh boy...what a treat. 😕 They arrive Saturday at our turnover day in IJmuiden, Netherlands. I was afraid of this happening...

...Give me strength!

Hugs.🤗

Deep breath.🧡

Have a GREAT cruise - on your terms.🌻

More hugs.🤗

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, summer slope said:

Bloody Maria cocktail:

Ingredients
2 ounces tequila
4 ounces tomato juice
1/2 ounce lemon juice, freshly squeezed
1/2 tablespoon prepared horseradish, to taste
4 dashes Worcestershire sauce
2 dashes Tabasco sauce
2 dashes Tapatio hot sauce
1 pinch celery salt
1 pinch ground black pepper
Garnish: lime wedge
Garnish: lemon wedge
Garnish: cucumber spear
Garnish: sweet pepper slices
Garnish: jalapeno pepper slices
Garnish: queso fresco
Steps
Add the tequila, tomato juice, lemon juice, horseradish, Worcestershire sauce, Tabasco, Tapatio, celery salt and black pepper to a shaker and fill with ice.
Shake briefly and strain into a pint glass filled with fresh ice.
Garnish with a lime wedge, a lemon wedge, a cucumber spear and a skewer of sweet pepper slices, jalapeno slices and queso fresco.

Screenshot 2024-06-04 at 6.30.49 AM.png

Don’t you think we need to add another ingredient! 😀

• Like 2
  • Haha 11

5 hours ago, LambKnuckles said:

Thank you for today's Daily!!  OUTSTANDING!!!  All the choices seem to be good!!

And, W. C. Fields had it correct!!!

It's gonna be a hot one in central Texas...  Here's the chart they had on the news...

No description available.

A new type of Wheel of Fortune in Central Texas. Suppose to reach 113 degrees on Thursday where I am currently at!

• Like 13

4 hours ago, aliaschief said:

We are at sea on our way to Sorrento. As of noon we have traveled 37,900 Nautical miles since leaving Florida.

Need to spend some OBC or lose so we will check out the shop and some good wines. Already have a spa appointment and have a new Bulova watch.

Such world problems.

Going to Pompeii and Herculaneum tomorrow on a private tour. It’s been forty years since I visited Pompeii.

Time for lunch and thanks for all your post. Bruce

We did the double tour in 2008 and it was long and hot!

• Like 11

3 hours ago, dfish said:

Good morning, everyone!

We are supposed to get up to a toasty 85F today.  I opened all the windows last night to cool the house and will close them this morning to hold in the cooler air and not let the hot air in.  We'll see how this works.  This is a tip from the energy company.  We signed up for a program where we reduce energy consumption from 2pm to 7pm M-F.  Those are the higher rate hours.  They say if we're running the AC to turn the thermostat up during those hours.  If we've precooled the house, it won't warm up too much during that time.  So, we don't run the washer, dryer, or dishwasher during those hours.  I try to cook on the grill as often as I can.  It worked well last summer.  

Today is my day:  Old Maids Day!   My sister's MIL greeted me at her wedding asking if I was the Old Maid sister.  

I have yoga this morning and then lunch with an old friend from way back.  She is in town visiting family.  It will be nice to get together.  She's one of those friends where you easily pick up right where you left off.  

Today's meal would be a great one for breakfast if I took the time to cook something.  A protein packed breakfast helps control eating the rest of the day.  I can relate to what she says about eating cereal for breakfast and being hungry an hour later.  If I eat protein for breakfast I last until lunch and beyond.   https://www.healthyseasonalrecipes.com/cheese-greens-omelet/

cheeseandgreensomelet1.thumb.jpg.c7eb59bc06c04917b29ff1c7bfe387ed.jpg

You can use a variety of greens in the omelet as this recipe shows.  Or you can replace the greens with other vegetables to your liking.  I've never seen an omelet with carrots, but perhaps someone from the I Love Carrots Club can let us know.  https://gardentogriddle.com/cheesy-greens-omelet/

cheeseandgreensomelet2.jpeg.12c6a995403313635d24040bd230fe66.jpeg

This one adds in some ham for good measure.  I mean, really, what's cheese without ham?  This one is for @rafinmd Roy.

https://www.diyhandymom.com/garden-greens-ham-cheese-omelette/

cheeseandgreensomelet3.thumb.jpg.eec7d68eb35b708749c097037c5dbdc8.jpg

I hope this finds you all well or improving.  @smitty34877 I hope you and Tana had a restful night.  Hugs to all of you!   @Cruzin Terri Enjoy Barbados!   @kazu Sorry you can't find someone to help with the weeding.  I once hired a lawn care company to do mine.  That was after a hip and knee surgery. 

Wishing you all a wonderful day!

Had that for breakfast at the hotel! It was great. Did not know you were working at the Marriott!

• Like 8
  • Haha 4

Thanks for the Fleet Update and General Info from all contributors!

Visited Molde where back in 2012 on the VoV. Was not a scheduled stop but substituted due to weather issues across the Atlantic. Its name is Molde but it is not an Olde!

• Like 14

Good morning all!

I'll celebrate cats, protecting children, and wine.  The term Old Maid is so old fashioned, single lady is better.

I would love to hug my cat today, but our last one passed away 13 years ago -- so I will send a virtual hug to my 2 grand-kitties Smudge and Soot.  Later this month DD and her family will be taking a month-long road trip, and we'll have these cuties at our house while they're gone. Then I can hug them every day. 🙂  Loving everyone's cat photos today!

SmudgeandSoot.jpg.a5e84b6d1907118e3d1e1dc01239f1e1.jpg

I'll pass on the drink, haven't been to Molde, and would like the meal but with some ham in it. Last night's chicken dinner was a hit -- instead of broccoli I used asparagus and fresh herbs from the garden.

Yesterday's Wellness exam went well, my doctor spent quite a bit of time with me and I feel like I had a good visit.  Also got a hepatitus shot as I'd never had one (previous doctor didn't see the need, but my new doctor says protocols have changed and since we travel a lot....)  She wasn't concerned about the A1C, she knows I can bring it down.  Kidney function is holding steady and I'll know more when I see the Nephrologist next month.

Prayers for all on the Care List and a big cheer to all who are celebrating!

• Like 25
  • Thanks 1

Good morning, Dailyites!  What a good idea for supper -  I had already taken a package of bacon out of the freezer and was wondering how to do the eggs.  We have errands to do today and will take all the forms I had to fill out to the surgeon's office - that will also work as a dry run to know where to park on the 25th.  Vanessa, I think you could put me on the rotation - I do still want prayers, but I think this is going to be a long, drawn-out business!

We were in Molde in 2013 on Ryndam, with our younger DD.  We had a lot of fun.  It poured in town, even the Captain was calling it Mouldy!  We went to an outdoor museum, which of course was closed for the day, so we just walked around, and then walked around in town.  It must have been a formal night, because we had our picture taken.

P1030448.thumb.JPG.8935ff99be12cd7d7438cb4cb90a19f8.JPG

P1030437.thumb.JPG.9c8c3d8889323955477e6c16cf2fc7c9.JPG

P1030442.thumb.JPG.2d7dba1787f296d491a2e1433d36b8ab.JPG

0079982_799F4R4DAN2HORP005_005.thumb.jpg.c02fbcb0258cf9aad4955dfb7c9f1815.jpg

• Like 25
  • Thanks 3

Posted (edited)

Good morning and thanks all! 
@StLouisCruisers special hugs today as you remember Nancy and the twin babies.   But I’m glad there is lots to celebrate.  I’m sure your cruise will continue to be great, you’re in control of what you do!  
@RMLincoln I was wondering if the preservatives were part  of the issue, our DD was allergic to them as well and it took a very good ophthalmologist to sort things out for her.  Hoping things settle soon! 
@Cruising-along so glad you had a good checkup!  Great news! 

We’re off to enjoy the nice weather! 

DS’s tree is spectacular, I think it’s an ornamental plum.

IMG_1449.jpeg

Edited by bennybear
  • Like 20
  • Thanks 5

Posted (edited)

Good morning and Happy Tuesday. There is a heat dome in the west and that’s why @LambKnuckles forecast looks so bad. Also really bad is California. Our area will be later this week. Be safe everyone!

Yesterday DM had an appointment and we went to Olive Garden for lunch. It was really enjoyable. After I dropped her off I ran errands and ordered a new iPhone. I should get it tomorrow. I really need one. Mine is so old that I am unable to download certain apps and I really need it for the new car. Craig might get one too since they were on sale. 

Good days today. I wish I had cats, I really miss having one. Awareness about protecting children is important. 

I like the MOD but ask for it scrambled together and usually get chopped bacon, spinach and cream cheese. If anyone remembers The Good Earth restaurant it’s a take off of theirs.  The dining room on a BHB does a good job when I order it. I don’t like it when the ingredients are just inside the folded omelette. 

Pennie @Nickelpenny, I got the itinerary change for next year’s cruise and will have to do some research.  Right now I’m more focused on my August cruise. 

Annie @marshhawk, I’m enjoying reading about the kittens and would love to see a picture. And how do you teach a kitten to purr?

I always feel like I’m missing commenting about people so please know I think about everyone when I’m reading your posts. Prayers for those in pain and going through rough times. 

Have a great day everyone!

Edited by Sharon in AZ
  • Like 23
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Vict0riann said:

Good morning, Dailyites!  What a good idea for supper -  I had already taken a package of bacon out of the freezer and was wondering how to do the eggs.  We have errands to do today and will take all the forms I had to fill out to the surgeon's office - that will also work as a dry run to know where to park on the 25th.  Vanessa, I think you could put me on the rotation - I do still want prayers, but I think this is going to be a long, drawn-out business!

We were in Molde in 2013 on Ryndam, with our younger DD.  We had a lot of fun.  It poured in town, even the Captain was calling it Mouldy!  We went to an outdoor museum, which of course was closed for the day, so we just walked around, and then walked around in town.  It must have been a formal night, because we had our picture taken.

P1030448.thumb.JPG.8935ff99be12cd7d7438cb4cb90a19f8.JPG

P1030437.thumb.JPG.9c8c3d8889323955477e6c16cf2fc7c9.JPG

P1030442.thumb.JPG.2d7dba1787f296d491a2e1433d36b8ab.JPG

0079982_799F4R4DAN2HORP005_005.thumb.jpg.c02fbcb0258cf9aad4955dfb7c9f1815.jpg

Lovely family photo Ann.

• Like 11

47 minutes ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Pennie @Nickelpenny, I got the itinerary change for next year’s cruise and will have to do some research.  Right now I’m more focused on my August cruise. 

I am right there with ya!  I am focusing on the TA at the end of October and then maybe I will think about next year's TA!!

• Like 16