Tender charge????

99florida

i was told (and shocked) that NCL charges a fee for tender service to their private island. Is there any truth to this??? I can hardly believe that they would charge to get off to go to their PI.

Also does the beverage package work on their PI like RCCL or not so like Carnival? That's another stunner to me.

Thanks for any info.

i was told (and shocked) that NCL charges a fee for tender service to their private island. Is there any truth to this??? I can hardly believe that they would charge to get off to go to their PI.

Also does the beverage package work on their PI like RCCL or not so like Carnival? That's another stunner to me.

Thanks for any info.

No tender fee at all.

UBP works on GSC but not on Harvest Caye. Check out the terms and conditions of the UBP on the NCL web site to see what is/isn't included.

Always take with a grain of salt what you second cousin heard from his/her neighbors's grandfather's barber's mechanic unless you check it out with Norwegian or on here. You made a good choice asking here.;p

You will need a Tender Ticket for GSC-- but they are free.

if you book the tender ticket from the app on your phone, it might show the price as $0.00. I thought it was kinda odd the app showed a price tag on the tender ticket when i booked GSC tenders on my previous cruise.

Thanks for any info.

Troll news.....:cool:

Thanks for any info.

No charge for tenders.

The beverage package works differently on different private islands. On Harvest Caye you can't use it because the places are not owned by NCL. At GSC beverages are treated just like you are on the ship.

Thanks for any info.

#FakeNews. Tendering to Great Stirrup Cay is free. Your beverage package works at all bars on GSC. The buffet and taco stand is free. Loungers are free. Sand is free.

i was told (and shocked) that NCL charges a fee for tender service to their private island. Is there any truth to this???

DON'T GIVE NCL ANY IDEAS FOR MORE PLACES TO CHARGE EXTRA !!!!!!!;p:eek:

Thanks for your responses everyone- the only thing that I can come up with is that maybe the passengers were getting reimbursed for the port fee to their PI (port cancelled due to weather) and one thought that they had to pay.

I must say that I am a bit surprised at they daily gratuity fee now being $19.99 per passenger per day (just went up again from $18.99) unless you prepaid prior to 4/1/18. Anyone else think it's a bit steep compared to RCCL, Celebrity, Carnival, or Princess? We are looking at approx. a $5 difference or more.

Just got off the Freedom and I believe we paid $13.50 per passenger per day. Yes I do tip extra - always have when deserved. The $20. fee does make you think twice now and might not give as much as in the past for great service. I guess we should expect great service on NCL. Haven't had an issue in the past so hopeful it will still be good.

Thanks for your responses everyone- the only thing that I can come up with is that maybe the passengers were getting reimbursed for the port fee to their PI (port cancelled due to weather) and one thought that they had to pay.

I must say that I am a bit surprised at they daily gratuity fee now being $19.99 per passenger per day (just went up again from $18.99) unless you prepaid prior to 4/1/18. Anyone else think it's a bit steep compared to RCCL, Celebrity, Carnival, or Princess? We are looking at approx. a $5 difference or more.

Just got off the Freedom and I believe we paid $13.50 per passenger per day. Yes I do tip extra - always have when deserved. The $20. fee does make you think twice now and might not give as much as in the past for great service. I guess we should expect great service on NCL. Haven't had an issue in the past so hopeful it will still be good.

Would there even be a port fee to the cruise line's private island?

The daily grat fee for Haven is now $17.50 per day for Haven, and $14.50 per day for all non-Haven guests. Not sure where you got $19.99? Or is this an April Fools' Joke?:D

Would there even be a port fee to the cruise line's private island?

The daily grat fee for Haven is now $17.50 per day for Haven, and $14.50 per day for all non-Haven guests. Not sure where you got $19.99? Or is this an April Fools' Joke?:D

They are for the Sky and Sun (when all inclusive), because they don't have the UBP, thus they include gratuities for bar service: Norwegian Sky All-Inclusive and Norwegian Sun All-Inclusive (Port Canaveral sailings only)

$22.99 USD per person per day for Suites and $19.99 USD per person per day for all other metas