Does Feng Shui Impact Your Decision on Cabin Location, Inside - Balcony..etc?

need2cruisesoon

I'm curious if you pick your cabin location based on Feng Shui to ensure the perfect energy and harmony for your cruise?

I'm just starting to understand this and will look at cabin location, deck, bed by balcony/closet location and other features in the cabin for more perfect cruise.

The five elements of Feng Shui are water, fire, wood, metal and earth.

Thanks,

For me, the one thing that determines whether or not I have a good cruise is my own attitude.  I focus on the positive and let anything negative just roll right off.  Out of 14 cruises, I have never had a bad one.  My cabin location has varied.  I try to get a cabin on the lido deck out of convenience. When I read complaints by some people about everything under the sun, I feel sorry for the ones who can't seem to let the little things go.  I think going into it with a positive attitude and realistic expectations is a good combination for a wonderful cruise.

If choosing a cabin based on Feng Shui helps you maintain a positive vibe, then go for it.  Whatever helps keep someone in a good frame of mind is well worth the effort. Whether it's Feng Shui, listening to music, meditation, etc.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, need2cruisesoon said:

I'm curious if you pick your cabin location based on Feng Shui to ensure the perfect energy and harmony for your cruise?

I'm just starting to understand this and will look at cabin location, deck, bed by balcony/closet location and other features in the cabin for more perfect cruise.

Thanks,

I don't consider it, but I'll point out that on any given ship the actual room configuration (location of bed in relation to closet/bathroom/verandah) is pretty much standard.

And, forgive me as I don't really know all the ins and out of it, but isn't another element the positioning of the actual building (or ship, in this case)?  That, of course, will vary from day to day, even from minute to minute.  Wouldn't that negate whatever energy/harmony may have been there at one time (and may be back there again)?

2 hours ago, Shmoo here said:

I don't consider it, but I'll point out that on any given ship the actual room configuration (location of bed in relation to closet/bathroom/verandah) is pretty much standard.

Not quite true. On Celebrity Solstice the beds in balcony cabins alternate between being close to the clset with the sofa by the balcony, and being close to the balcony with the sifa between the bed and the closet.

3 hours ago, Shmoo here said:

33I don't consider it, but I'll point out that on any given ship the actual room configuration (location of bed in relation to closet/bathroom/verandah) is pretty much standard.

There are also those cabins referred to as "Sideways Insides", where the beds run fore-to-aft instead of the more common port-starboard of most (non-suite anyway) cabins. Have sometimes wondered if one way or the other would be better to avoid seasick while you are lying in bed...

To the OP: the "element" that has proven much more crucial for us is AIR or actually LIGHT. After our first room with a window, it would have to be a very short or very cheap cruise that I would consider an inside -- for my DH's state of mind and enjoyment.

I believe one element of Feng Shui is direction...Which direction does your front door face?  Since ships are always changing direction this would be continually upsetting the balance...  The only thing that influence my cabin selection is price.  EM

• Like 1

Well, I haven't taken Feng Shui into consideration when choosing our cabin. But if you believe that the Feng Shui of your cabin will impact your whole cruising experience then you go ahead and consider that when choosing where to stay. We all have different preferences and we are all free to do whatever we think will make our cruising experience better and more enjoyable. Good luck!

• Like 1

I'm very picky about my cabins.  I like to be 2 decks below the lido; that way I'm up high, but not directly below where there could be noise in the overhead.  I like to be close to mid ship, but not directly off the elevator banks where there's a lot of traffic and noise.  I prefer not to have inside rooms across the hall....only to cut down on hallway traffic and noise.  

So call this Sheldon, Feng Shui, or whatever.  But I definitely am picky.  

Edited by Aquahound

On 11/24/2019 at 3:18 PM, need2cruisesoon said:

Thanks,

Mrs Ldubs applies the principles/practices to our house.  But I've never seen it come into play for a cruise ship cabin or hotel room.  I personally am not a practitioner but many in our family are.  

Generally the main factors that influence cabin selection for us are location and price.  There are some parts of the ship that can  be noisy or have a lot of movement in rough seas (I'm not in a hurry to book a Plaza deck OV on a Princess ship again, for example.  Lots of noise from waves crashing outside.)  That said, most of the time when my wife and I travel she wants the cheapest cabin she can get, which most of the time means we end up in interiors.  I'm used to these so it's not a big deal, but it would be nice to have some natural light in the cabin sometimes.