P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

7 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Ive just got back from the hospital' Frank was admitted yesterday morning at 5.20am and it's been hectic. After tests he has Pneumonia,and severe anemia.which needed 2 tranfusions.To top it off he probably has a heart murmer too, he's having a heart xray  to see what it is or could be. 

In his 78 years it's the first time he's been in hospital and everything's come at once. Almost 59 years married and the first time we've not not slept in the same bed, it's really strange and I'm not sleeping. Sorry for the late post, but I needed to chat.

I'll try and read though the posts tomorrow.

Avril

Oh Avril, what a stressful time for you both. It sounds like Frank is getting the best care tho.
Most of us on here have had support from you both over the years and we are here now whenever or if ever you want to vent. Often writing your feelings down really helps, so we are all here to listen.

Sending virtual hugs.

Gill x

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

Avril, I hope you’re sleeping soundly as I write this and will wake up feeling a little bit refreshed ready for the day ahead.  Things always seem dramatic and dark in the wee small hours but let’s hope Frank rested well and today will see the start of the tests and treatment to get him back on his feet and your situation back to comfortable normality

We’ll await the next bulletin x

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Ive just got back from the hospital' Frank was admitted yesterday morning at 5.20am and it's been hectic. After tests he has Pneumonia,and severe anemia.which needed 2 tranfusions.To top it off he probably has a heart murmer too, he's having a heart xray  to see what it is or could be. 

In his 78 years it's the first time he's been in hospital and everything's come at once. Almost 59 years married and the first time we've not not slept in the same bed, it's really strange and I'm not sleeping. Sorry for the late post, but I needed to chat.

Avril

Aw bless you Avril, Frank is in good hands.Our best wishes to the both of you.

Chin up lass and look forward to him coming back home ,keep chatting when

you can .I'm sure the posters on here will be there for you as you have been

for us lot -You take care 🙂 xx

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril

Avril, so sorry to hear Frank is ill. 

If you need anything let me know. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Good morning and thankyou  for your lovely posts. they are very calming. It helps to  post, even if they're scrolled past.

I don't want to burden the children with all my personal worries, they're worried enough and I don't want to add to them.

I managed 5 hours of sleep last night,I was exhausted. Now I need to try to eat  more than a quick snack now and then. I know I need to eat. but I honestly have no appetite. 

I'm back at hospital for 11am and have some more washing to get done so I'll go. 

Thank all again.x

Avril

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

Avril

So sorry to read this Avril, but I am sure that he is being well looked after and getting the best medical care. Hope Frank makes a speedy recovery and is home soon. No need to apologise, you have been supportive to me and many others on here, now it's our turn to be supportive of you. Will be thinking of you both. Take care, stay strong and look after yourself too.

Pam 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Avril

Avril, my wife and I have just read this. We’re so very sorry to hear what you’re both going through. We both hope you managed to get some sleep to refresh you a bit for what’s obviously a very difficult time. At least he’s in the right place, and quickly too, so with luck - and a lot of love from you, which will make a huge difference - you’ll have him back in bed again with you very soon.

Harry and Mrs Harry xxx

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Avril

So sorry to read this Avril, best wishes to you both.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril

Really sorry to hear this Avril. Hope Frank is feeling better soon, you take care too

Michelle

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Good morning and thankyou  for your lovely posts. they are very calming. It helps to  post, even if they're scrolled past.

I don't want to burden the children with all my personal worries, they're worried enough and I don't want to add to them.

I managed 5 hours of sleep last night,I was exhausted. Now I need to try to eat  more than a quick snack now and then. I know I need to eat. but I honestly have no appetite. 

I'm back at hospital for 11am and have some more washing to get done so I'll go. 

Thank all again.x

Avril

Avril, I've only just seen your post of yesterday, and I'm so sorry to hear that you and Frank are going through trying times. I understand that you don't want to burden your children (though I doubt they would see it as such) and a forum like this can be a helpful way to share your anxieties, with people who do care.

I'll echo others who say please do take good care of yourself.  Hoping for good news from you before too long.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril

Sending you both prayers 🙏 and good wishes Avril for a full recovery for Frank.

Graham.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Thank all again.x

Avril

Oh Avril, just catching up with the posts. 

Wishing for a speedy recovery for Frank, but you must eat and rest, you will be no good to Frank if you make yourself ill... 

Sorry to nag... 

Sending all our love and prayers. 

Andy & Michelle xx

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Thank all again.x

Avril

Dear Avril

I've only just read your posts . You'll be at the hospital now but hopefully we'll hear from you later.  I hope Frank is a bit better today and they have got him on some strong medicine for the pneumonia. This must have been so scary for you both - especially the thought of being apart.

You've always been a great support to me on here Avril as you have for a lot of us - you're always there. Well we're always here for you now so when you need a chat there are many hundreds of listening ears ready and waiting.

I send you both thoughts and prayers, love and best wishes.  Jane xxx

16 hours ago, brian1 said:

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril

So sorry to hear your news Avril. I am sure Frank is in the best place for now and will soon fill his place beside you again.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, brian1 said:

Who watched the doom and gloom soaps over Xmas.Just seen Eastenders,they've killed off Keanu.I think the motive was he's the worst actor since Bennie in Crossroads.What a load of tosh.

I don't watch any of the soaps. Scriptwriters ( loose definition ) think everybody in the country lives in the pub, eat in the cafe and have their cars fixed in local garages.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

17 hours ago, Harry Peterson said:

Highspot of Christmas TV for us was 4 incredible episodes of the new, revamped, partially Disney funded, very high budget, Russell T Davies led and written, Doctor Who.

Been watching it since the very first episode in 1963, but this is way, way beyond anything it’s ever managed before. Our daughter hasn’t watched it since Sylvester McCoy, but their whole family are converts now. David Tennant is a remarkable actor, but the new guy’s made an excellent start. 

Guess I’m in a tiny minority here?

Sorry Harry. This was the first time I have watched Dr Who in years. The  ' monsters ' and the enemy craft were a direct rip off from Star wars. All pretty childish IMO.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril

Stay strong Avril. You know we are all wishing you both well.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Ask Graham. He has contacts.🤣

There are lots of food outlets who sell Just Brazil's or own label Chocolate Brazils as well as online sellers.

I was a rep selling Payne's products for 14 years.

Milk chocolate Just Brazil's were massively much better sellers than Plain chocolate Just Brazil's which is why it is harder to find the plain chocolate variety as supermarkets delist products if they don't make sales targets.

• Like 3

The postman has just delivered the agenda for the first AGM that I have to attend in 2024.  I am annoyed because they are asking for nominations for team captains for next year and some kind (not) person has nominated me twice despite the fact that at the end of last season meeting I made it very clear that I would not under any circumstances act as captain or vice-captain for any team.  I feel that I have done more than my share of captaincy and club secretary roles over the years.  I can now anticipate a fun meeting on 12th January.

• Like 4