Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

27 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

For my Birthday breakfast we went to the Chicken and Egg - they are really expanding and have taken over almost the whole block (main dining room, new dining room on one side, then on other side is a new take out section then at corner is a pizza parlor to open soon.   

Then rode our bikes down to Holgate and wandered around a bit, now back home and getting ready for the beach.     Clouds are rolling in - I'm not happy about that as I love my Sunshine😃

Happy Birthday,Debbie

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Momof3gurlz said:

I know there are many medical mysteries, but why on earth does it take so long to “discharge”?!

Paperwork, paperwork, paperwork.

The doctor has to finish his charting and put in the orders for the discharge and also write any prescriptions for the patient for after discharge.  The nurse has to make sure any other charting and orders have been taken care of (physical therapy referrals, DME orders) and all assessments entered and boxes ticked off.  Then the nurse has to print out multiple copies of the discharge paperwork -- one for the patient to sign and enter in their chart, another for the patient to take with them.  

On top of that, they need to make sure the patient's vitals are stable, remove the IV catheter, and take care of their other half-dozen patients at the same time.  

It takes time, and we don't like it any more than you do!  

• Like 7

3 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

DD has today travelled by train from London to Exeter.  She was very impressed by the cleanliness of the GWR train and the lovely views from the train.  Reason for the trip - to travel from Exeter to visit the village were my dad grew up - and FaceTime him with the village in the background. She has just done that. Took him a moment to comprehend where she was as he wasn’t expecting her to leave London and she wanted to do it as a surprise  but once the penny dropped he was absolutely delighted.  She took a birthday card that he gave her last year and took photos of the points of interest featured on the card and has bought him a birthday card for this year in return.4DC1A6A1-EC95-4B22-B66E-C46DCCEA4296.thumb.jpeg.f022e17f6f07e178a3af521fda27e930.jpeg

9FD21E72-1DEA-48BE-8D0C-94AEC98F6E64.thumb.jpeg.cf8c9e26500cf760ea429056b5b919f1.jpeg

B700BE61-8CC2-45C1-8D07-E7948EF0B723.thumb.jpeg.f0c42e72565f47593c820b4510240e5d.jpeg

289D16EF-3DE6-41D7-B43A-CD75F3D64612.thumb.jpeg.f7929e283be851b5f162739fb7bf5a37.jpeg

E48ABB28-0A4E-440F-BA21-5148BF564BBA.thumb.jpeg.4bdfb9afdd27025b855ee7a965b955d6.jpeg

2B5A1007-D8F9-4520-A6E5-48D5F682B2ED.thumb.jpeg.8317cb0e9bad78e2fb795a9e1ef8128d.jpeg

What a cool thing to do!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

For my Birthday breakfast we went to the Chicken and Egg - they are really expanding and have taken over almost the whole block (main dining room, new dining room on one side, then on other side is a new take out section then at corner is a pizza parlor to open soon.   

Then rode our bikes down to Holgate and wandered around a bit, now back home and getting ready for the beach.     Clouds are rolling in - I'm not happy about that as I love my Sunshine😃

Happiest of Birthdays wished to you Debbie on your special day.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Happy Birthday, love that place, of course our visits were usually a bit earlier in the morning, or should I say later at night.  Always a hopping place.  Your posts bring back many happy memories from LBI, enjoy your birthday on the island. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Happy Birthday. That's a great way (and place) to kick off your bday.

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

Isn't it called Chicken or the Egg? 

I can never remember either.  I think that's why some locals call it "Chegg".

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Have a wonderful Birthday with lots of Sunshine!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

They have some Wanna-Be Circles here in Virginia, like I mean these circles are out in the middle of no where. Where just an intersection would be fine for the low amount of traffic there is .🤣  Kind of looks like they are just practice Circles for the VA drivers around here. It's really funny !

I will be the first to say Happy Birthday Debbie 🥳

Isn't it called Chicken or the Egg? 

Thank you.  Yes you are right I had typo.   Aka Chegg

• Like 1

So an AC tech came out to the house this morning to see what's wrong...WITH a sales rep. Hmmmm...

The verdict: "we can replace the motor ($2,800) but they are not in stock and won't be available until late August.

Or NEXT WEEK we can rebuild the entire unit for $6,500. Or best option complete replacement $12,000."

Anyone else see anything wrong with this? Wouldn't a motor be included with options 2 & 3?

Of course the sales rep was calling every hour until John told him he found a replacement motor on-line for $500. 

• Like 13

I am still trying to play catch up on this thread.  Keeping a nine year old seems to take a lot of time and energy.  

First, wishes for speedy healing or good test results for many here, and I hope I am not missing anyone. 

@A&L_Ont hope things are progressing for Owen and your mom 

@Momof3gurlz hope Andy is doing better. 

@aussielozzie18 hope you are managing well with your cast

@grapau27 hope your shot for your knee gives you some relief

@Sea Dog  if you are walking a couple miles, it sounds like your knee is progressing 

@BonTexasNY hope you are progressing with your ankle recovery, but it will take a while. 

And finally………

@Sunshine3601 hope you recover fully from birthday partying. Happy birthday!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Happy birthday Debbie.

B78799BC-9F77-4FC9-9307-0E2A73492CA6.jpeg.9d0854aa3b5e1f0853e86c0d51250100.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Hope @dani negreanu,Dani, Sue and their husbands are having a wonderful cruise.  I am sure internet is lousy and look forward to reading all about it upon their return.

Not sure how long the cruise is or if they extended post cruise for a land vacation.

Safe travels, home.

Edited by BonTexasNY
  • Like 9

3 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Happy Birthday! Enjoy the day.

2 hours ago, brillohead said:

Paperwork, paperwork, paperwork.

The doctor has to finish his charting and put in the orders for the discharge and also write any prescriptions for the patient for after discharge.  The nurse has to make sure any other charting and orders have been taken care of (physical therapy referrals, DME orders) and all assessments entered and boxes ticked off.  Then the nurse has to print out multiple copies of the discharge paperwork -- one for the patient to sign and enter in their chart, another for the patient to take with them.  

On top of that, they need to make sure the patient's vitals are stable, remove the IV catheter, and take care of their other half-dozen patients at the same time.  

It takes time, and we don't like it any more than you do!  

I know, that was just me grumbling after 12+ hours in the ER and very little sleep last night. What you describe is pretty much what we told each other in order to keep our frustration in check.  Thank you for what you (and the rest of the medical community) do!  

• Like 4