Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Good news and bad news about my never ending job search.  Good news - I got a call from the memory care facility I last worked in before I had ankle surgery.  They want me back!

Bad news - I had to turn it down because they want me for far too many hours.  6 hours per day. 

I had a face to face interview yesterday after a phone interview for part time office work managing volunteers for a non-profit org.  I'll find out next week if yay or nay.

Wish we could cruise enough to satisfy my staying home full time. 😏

Keep looking you will find the perfect part time job. I just turned down a freelance job that just seemed more trouble than it was worth. Stick with your gut.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DaniDanielle said:

Thanks Lenny to yours also!  How was her day?  How are you?

Her day was okay except that she has a fractured wrist.On Tuesday I had the most back pain since before my surgery in 2010.I am using Australian Dream Cream and it has been helping me greatly.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, derorim said:

Good luck with your job search, Bonnie!  I've thought of coming out of retirement and getting a part-time job, but the thought of having to show up on a regular basis brings me back to my senses.  🤪

I retired in 1998 and had three more jobs before retiring for good in 2004.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, mo&fran said:

Problem with colors and pictures and where you are looking at them.  There is a program I receive both on my TV and I stream on my laptop. Picture on tv is totally different color from laptop. And it is a picture of a car with a commentator saying the color and it doesn't sounds correct on either device.   

I remember the guy in the paint store saying to paint a swatch on all four walls and then look at them at various times including night time to see if you still like the color before you invest time and money. 
The pale pink I had picked out looked like Pepto Bismol in morning light. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

3 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

I hope @Ocean Boy and @Momof3gurlz are safe after the tornado and thunderstorms that went through Rhode Island this morning.

2 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

The pictures I am seeing on the news were in North Providence and Scituate which I didn't think were near you.  Lots of damage in that area.  We have had heavy rains and thunder but clearing now here too.

We’re currently in Walt Disney World with the family, sheltering indoors at the moment from a severe t-storm.  
We live in Coventry but very close to the Hope Village/Scituate line. Our neighbor checked and no damage for us. 
Thanks for asking. It never ceases to amaze me how we check-in in each other here 🙂.  

• Like 16

38 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Her day was okay except that she has a fractured wrist.On Tuesday I had the most back pain since before my surgery in 2010.I am using Australian Dream Cream and it has been helping me greatly.

Sorry to hear your granddaughter has a fractured wrist and you have severe back pain Lenny.

prayer-for.gif

• Like 2

I posted a picture of Sarah's cat Evie a while ago.  Evie was not Sarah's cat for long and she is now ours.  All I can say is thank goodness I don't live on a farm like @A&L_Ontor I'd never know what new animal would be awaiting.

Sarah realized after a couple days that the guy she got her from wasn't exactly telling the truth wtruthe said that she didn't shed much.  Only Sarah in her excitement to get a cat would believe that a Turkish Angora Siamese cross would not shed.

Vikki decided to knit her a hat.

20230815_205650.jpg

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 10

1 hour ago, Momof3gurlz said:

We’re currently in Walt Disney World with the family, sheltering indoors at the moment from a severe t-storm.  
We live in Coventry but very close to the Hope Village/Scituate line. Our neighbor checked and no damage for us. 
Thanks for asking. It never ceases to amaze me how we check-in in each other here 🙂.  

Hope the storm lets up and you can continue the park. Ride the Pirates of the Caribbean ride for me. That’s my favorite ride of all time.

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I posted a picture of Sarah's cat Evie a while ago.  Evie was not Sarah's cat for long and she is now ours.  All I can say is thank goodness I don't live on a farm like @A&L_Ontor I'd never know what new animal would be awaiting.

Sarah realized after a couple days that the guy she got her from wasn't exactly telling the truth wtruthe said that she didn't shed much.  Only Sarah in her excitement to get a cat would believe that a Turkish Angora Siamese cross would not shed.

20230815_205650.jpg

She’s a lovely cat, but she doesn’t look entirely sure of the hat!

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

20230815_205650.jpg

Love that expression!

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, StanleyandGus said:

She’s a lovely cat, but she doesn’t look entirely sure of the hat!

8 minutes ago, derorim said:

Love that expression!

Evie face looks like "Really?? The things I need to endure for my grandparents"!! 

😁😉😇

• Haha 14

7 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

The sweetest corn we ever had was from NJ farms.  So sweet, it tasted like it was dipped in sugar.  Good you found some good ones in your store.

Our corn has been so delicious this Summer! 

Good luck with your job hunting, Bonnie!

6 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

The pictures I am seeing on the news were in North Providence and Scituate which I didn't think were near you.  Lots of damage in that area.  We have had heavy rains and thunder but clearing now here too.

I didn't see the news this morning.  Our oldest daughter used to live in Scituate Harbor.  Beautiful area. 

I have the news on now.  They are showing trees down in Long Island.  They just now mentioned the tornadoes hitting down in Mass. and Rhode Island. 

5 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Happy 15th birthday to your granddaughter Marietta.

15-Festive-Happy-Birthday-Quotes-And-Gifs-49225-2.gif

@DaniDanielle  Happy 15th Birthday to your darling Granddaughter!!!!!

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Kenzie's mom,  our DD, gifted us with these flowers to celebrate our 44th anniversary today!

20230818_151418.thumb.jpg.e6ddfda161711aadd9e3b6d947f6f849.jpg

Happy 44th Anniversary, John and Sharon!.  Here's to many, many more years of happiness to the two of you!

Your daughter makes gorgeous arrangements!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

I'm glad to hear that your home didn't have any damage from the tornadoes today!

Florida is notorious for their downpours.  Hopefully you all weren't way-laid too long today due to the severe thunderstorm.

• Like 1

On 8/16/2023 at 7:42 PM, Sea Dog said:

Very cool! Tell Mike I said Hi. Have a great cruise.

I shall and so far we are. Had our first port stop today in Invergordon.

On 8/17/2023 at 11:49 PM, broadwaybaby123 said:

My toe is rebelling too, I had my toenail removed on Monday.....not fun! I have to limp everywhere!

Oh no! That sounds painful, what happened?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

20230815_205650.jpg

Evie doesn't look too happy here, nor too sure about wearing her new hat indoors.

My daughter just ordered a bright pink thundershirt for Lola.  She shakes so hard it feels like her heart's going to come right out of her little body!  We sure hope it works for her the next time we get thunder and/or storms.

• Like 7

11 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

I didn't see the news this morning.  Our oldest daughter used to live in Scituate Harbor.  Beautiful area. 

I have the news on now.  They are showing trees down in Long Island.  They just now mentioned the tornadoes hitting down in Mass. and Rhode Island. 

Did she live in MA or RI?  The Scituate that had the tornado is in RI, as well as Johnston, RI.  They are investigating a few areas in MA that they think had tornados too.  It looks like one of them skipped along a line from Scituate, RI to Weymouth MA.  There is a crazy video of the tornado hitting cars on a highway.  

Edited by reallyitsmema
spelling
  • Like 1