Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, Arzeena said:

You do whatever you do and thank you for what you do. Doesn't make another professional wrong. That 9 pm diagnosis sometimes saves a life! Will not go into details here, as we are not adversaires, just two people with different opinions and views on situation handling.

You are absolutely right about people having other choices.
No invitations for debates here......it's not Sorrento's pizza which is a forever entertaining debate!

A guy who posts on other CC threads about Sorrento’s pizza being awful was on several RCI cruises that I have been on .On every cruise he was sitting at a table eating much more pizza than I did.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

14 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Is that San Francisco Giant player.... Mike Yastrzemski  ?

and the Buck player would be Pat Connaughton ? 

He has quite a Bio.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pat_Connaughton#High_school_career

I have a neighbor who was drafted by the Phillies.He played in the Minors then gave up.A former co worker was drafted by the Dodgers .He made it up to Double A.

One of my HS friends,Roger Brown played for the Indiana Pacers and is in the Pro Basketball HOF.Another guy who I knew when I was in HS had a bit of an NBA career as a player and a Coach ,Billy Cunningham.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Is that San Francisco Giant player.... Mike Yastrzemski  ?

and the Buck player would be Pat Connaughton ? 

He has quite a Bio. A very good athlete.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pat_Connaughton#High_school_career

Yes, you edited after I commented.  He is a good guy too.  He has his own foundation.  He has donated a lot of time and money to the HS he and my son both attended.  There had been a long planned build of a new field house and sports complex, he donated the money for the basketball court that is now named for him.  He runs clinics at the school every year too.

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

My dear friend Lois will be 92 this November.  She exercises in her pool, plays bocci, and drinks her wine at 4:00 daily.  She is my role model!😊

I have a former co-worker friend who will be 94 this year.She moved to Fla after her husband passed away.She began cruising at age 90.We speak by phone very often.She grew up in the UK and refused to call me by my first name when we worked together saying it was not proper.Now she calls me Lenny.

My HS Geometry teacher was teaching exercise classes in Fla at age 99

My mother had a sister who was a Senior Olympics winner at age 99 and lived to be 107.

• Like 7

41 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

A guy who posts on other CC threads about Sorrento’s pizza being awful was on several RCI cruises that I have been on .On every cruise he was sitting at a table eating much more pizza than I did.

Well, maybe he drank a lot more than you did, too.

• Haha 12

On 8/20/2023 at 10:45 AM, BonTexasNY said:

Today's temp will be either 111 or 108 depending on which weather source you choose. 

At those temps, I'm not sure I could feel the difference between 108 and 111.

Pretty warm either way.

• Like 6

On 8/20/2023 at 11:58 AM, dani negreanu said:

Following on this "tread", after more than 5 months, our group of HS friends got together again, and the conversation flowed like it was yesterday we last spoke 😁

I've always said that the sign of a "true, life-long friend" is someone who you might not speak with for months - or even years - at a time but as soon as you get together, the conversations resume as it's its only been a day.

• Like 12

4 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Your Lucy sure looks like ours.  Hope she’s feeling better. 

3 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Sounds like your Lucy found the right home this time. This was out Lucy when I lit the BBQ yesterday.

IMG_1254.thumb.jpeg.a16ccbfb604243d6253c6fba2df4d6ca.jpeg

I think all the Lucy's on this thread look the same.

20230821_125727.jpg

• Like 15

24 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

I've always said that the sign of a "true, life-long friend" is someone who you might not speak with for months - or even years - at a time but as soon as you get together, the conversations resume as it's its only been a day.

I had a very close friend from age 6 to 34.We lost touch and reconnected 3 years ago with a 2 hour phone conversation.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

I had a very close friend I met when we were 13.  We remained besties until we drifted apart in our 30s.  We were so close, so connected.  A few years ago, I found her on fb and we reconnected.  What a huge disappointment!  I called and all she spoke about was Medicare, medical issues, her babysitting grandkids, etc.  She never once mentioned all the good times, the "trouble" we got into, boys, school, camp, etc.  When I started a topic she morphed into her life as it is now and all its problems.  I hung up and quickly called one of my closest friends who was part of our group way back when.  She couldn't understand it either.  People change and I'm glad I can still laugh and remember those sweet innocent times with other friends.

• Like 11

3 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

That is so wrong on so many levels. My guess is that most of those kids will get burned out and never play high school baseball.

High school baseball is barely a thing in Canada. Owen bypassed it to do soccer last year and rugby this year. 

3 hours ago, Husky1987 said:

Just my $.02....the specialization of sports for kids is horrible. 

I agree with you.

IMG_3081.thumb.jpeg.dc14fae69e78a5078d57df6eff941593.jpeg

• Like 10

11 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

I had a very close friend I met when we were 13.  We remained besties until we drifted apart in our 30s.  We were so close, so connected.  A few years ago, I found her on fb and we reconnected.  What a huge disappointment!  I called and all she spoke about was Medicare, medical issues, her babysitting grandkids, etc.  She never once mentioned all the good times, the "trouble" we got into, boys, school, camp, etc.  When I started a topic she morphed into her life as it is now and all its problems.  I hung up and quickly called one of my closest friends who was part of our group way back when.  She couldn't understand it either.  People change and I'm glad I can still laugh and remember those sweet innocent times with other friends.

I had two very close friends in HS .One became very famous and we reconnected 13 years after graduation .The other one was an ordinary guy with an ordinary life .When zi reconnected with him it was just like your friend .Whereas the guy who became famous was so happy that I contacted him and the first thing he said was that we have to get together as soon as possible.

• Like 3

On 8/20/2023 at 9:05 PM, grapau27 said:

Thank you Maryann.

The next ladies world cup is in 2027.

but there are also the euros to stress over.   I had to give up at half time.  I just couldn’t cope. I live in an estate of blocks of flats so I knew if England got a goal I would hear about it. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, ollienbertsmum said:

but there are also the euros to stress over.   I had to give up at half time.  I just couldn’t cope. I live in an estate of blocks of flats so I knew if England got a goal I would hear about it. 

England ladies are currently European champions which they won in England in 2022.

Disappointing match yesterday in the world cup football final.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 2

On 8/20/2023 at 9:29 AM, Sea Dog said:

Thanks Larry I’ve written this down and will talk to my doctor about it. In a perfect world after my knee replacement in November I’m going to get back into the gym and workout so I can lose even more weight and hopefully get off the blood pressure meds.

I started eating garlic daily several months ago, and my BP has dropped so much that I plan to talk to my primary about cutting back on the meds.

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, Etta1213 said:

I started eating garlic daily several months ago, and my BP has dropped so much that I plan to talk to my primary about cutting back on the meds.

Do you put it in food or even cook it whole (which DH does often and says it is good like that).  Or do you take it raw?

42 minutes ago, Etta1213 said:

A friend of mine is big on garlic. When we get together in the morning for coffee I cannot sit across the table from him. No idea how his patients tolerate it.

• Haha 16