NCL October 2020 Cruises?

cruisekitty22

I think October/November 2020 maybe realistic in Europe(if they find some sort of medicine), but in the US it might be a bit too early.

I`m booked on a November cruise from NYC on the breakaway and at the moment i don`t think it will take place.

We are booked on the Star from Athens in late October.  Still hoping to sail but have our eye on another similar cruise in Oct. 2021 as a backup which is probably more realistic.

Not until there is fully robust testing capabilities, especially the reagents shortage; and, contact tracing for suspected/infected virus carriers, many remained asymptomatic - NYC will gradually reopen in phrases, hopefully by mid/late June or July.  The medical scientific community does not see more antibody testing and all the clincial trials being conducted now as necessary giving the easy way out, short of finding a proven vaccine that work.  Cruising will be among the last to be permitted to resume - getting mass transit, basic public transportation, rails and airlines up and running come first. 

So do we ... always eye on cruising and we can, could, might book up to 5 staterooms, if and when.  This year, out of NYC - I think not.  Little, slim to almost zero chance that's going to happen in 2020.  

Start getting a hold of those face masks, you are going to need to wear one standing outside Pier 88, MCT for embarkation, etc. - hopefully, the USNS Comfort will no longer berth next door at Pier 90.  

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, mking8288 said:

Start getting a hold of those face masks, you are going to need to wear one standing outside Pier 88, MCT for embarkation, etc. - hopefully, the USNS Comfort will no longer berth next door at Pier 90.  

If it's so dangerous you can't line to embark without wearing a mask, then it's too dangerous to cruise. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Not a hope.  The cruise industry will be the absolute last industry open.  Absolutely the last.  A vaccine is needed before anyone sails.  The experts are still estimating a vaccine is 18-24 months out.  My guess is sometime in 2022

• Haha 1

I hope so. I have one out of Quebec City in September. Want to go since we can drive to the port instead of fly. Things are starting to open up next month so I really think they’ll be sailing by then. Flying was the most dangerous and that never even shut down!

10 hours ago, CruiseMH said:

I think October/November 2020 maybe realistic in Europe(if they find some sort of medicine), but in the US it might be a bit too early.

I`m booked on a November cruise from NYC on the breakaway and at the moment i don`t think it will take place.

We have an October 2020 booked from NYC. Final payment is due June 15. I think we will make a decision to cancel on May 1. I doubt NCL will cancel before final payment is due. I believe they will want to get all the $ they can.

whats your gut feeling about this?

On 4/18/2020 at 12:51 PM, Sand and Seas said:

I think there is a better chance of an October sailing from other ports. 

Maybe they will  move that ship you are looking at to another port🤔

That's my thinking.  Moving NYC cruises out of Boston is a relatively minor change to an itinerary, and might make them a lot more likely

On 4/18/2020 at 4:35 PM, cruisekitty22 said:

Anyone think NCL will be cruising from NY in October 2020?  I have my eye on a cruise!

Almost certainly no, and I write with a cruise booked out of NYC late October....we will not be making final payment.

We also have a Bermuda cruise out of NYC (Oceania) July 2021.....do I believe cruising will be going by then......possibly, but far from certain! 

I expect New York to be lockedup till the end of the year the least. Wouldnt be hoping for it really. I am afraid the government will send army to the city to help citizens soon. Ports and docks may be lockedup as well.. If I had a chance I would look for another state city to start  my cruise