Changes Announced for Captain's Club Member Benefits

EvoUSA

I just received an email with a link to upcoming changes to Captain's Club member benefits due to the shift to Always Included fares: https://www.celebritycruises.com/captains-club/program-changes?anchor

Edit: Here's a link to the updated flyer for tiers and benefits: https://secure.viewer.zmags.com/publication/9005e5aa#/9005e5aa/1

Highlights

• A lot of the changes were phrased as "coming soon" or "to be determined" and many of these are basically restatements of the existing benefits.
  • Captain's Club Sneak Peek: We’re excited to introduce brand new events,  like the Captain’s Club Sneak Peek Series beginning on Celebrity Apex. Classic members and above can enjoy a sneak peek of the Eden décor, live music, and interactive art at Wonder at Eden in a reserved space just for Captain’s Club members. Plus, you can sample the specialty cocktail of the evening and enjoy a meet and greet with the artists and performers. More Sneak Peek events to be announced soon for Celebrity Edge. 
  • Create and Pour: Prefer to be the artist yourself? Sip your favorite wine and create your very own masterpiece at Create and Pour, an upcoming event for Elite members and above, led by one of our renowned artists starting on Celebrity Apex.
  • Welcome Parties: Welcome Parties will now take place in stunning outdoor spaces, like the Lawn Club and Rooftop Garden. As always, your captain and executive committee will be there to welcome you back with a special toast.
  • Captain's Club Cocktail Hour: We’ve also adjusted our Captain’s Club cocktail hour to provide flexibility and adhere with new protocols. The cocktail hour will no longer take place in the lounge. Now, you’ll be able to enjoy unlimited drinks from the Captain’s Club menu daily from 5pm to 7pm at bars and lounges throughout your ship, including complimentary wine varieties that will now rotate between Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc, Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Pinot Grigio, Moscato, and Pinot Noir. Come as you are, comfy, casual, and ready to kick back, Celebrity style.  As more and more members start to sail with our Always Included package and have drinks included in their ticket, we’ll be introducing new events and benefits so stay tuned.

• The Spa: Enjoy new ways to unwind in The Spa with exclusive, multi-use membership savings of up to 20% for Select members and above. Previously, Captain’s Club members could enjoy a one-time 10%-15% discount based on tier levels while in port. Now, Select and Elite members can enjoy multi-use discounts of 10%, while Elite Plus and Zenith members can enjoy multi-use discounts of 15% and 20%, respectively (excluding MedSpa and Retail). Complimentary access to Persian Garden on one port day of your choice will still be available on Solstice and Millennium Series Ships for Elite members and above. Do it all at this luxurious sanctuary—clear your mind, fine-tune your body, and reinvigorate your spirit. Enjoy an array of first-at-sea beauty, fitness, and wellness services that make finding complete bliss on vacation easier than ever. The Spa has a lineup of the most advanced offerings ever—from the SEA Thermal Suite’s eight distinctive therapeutic experiences to a collection of specialty treatment beds featuring groundbreaking technology.

• Photo: We’ve made some enhancements to our photo offerings, including increased discounts of 25%-50% off any photo packages and up to $300 off Studio Packages for Classic members and above. Plus, we’ve added more greenscreen options allowing you to have one photo session with multiple backgrounds. In partnership with GoPro, we now offer 360 degree photography and aerial photos. Plus, the Hero Mirror, which debuted on board Celebrity Edge® during our International Women’s Day sailing, allows you to pose with iconic Celebrity figures, like your captain, Le Petit Chef, and more.

• Laundry: We’re introducing some exclusive laundry packages on select sailings for our Elite and above members.  With our new Feeling Chic package, refresh your look with our Evening Chic dry cleaning service for only $35 (up to 8 individual items).  And with Pressed to Impress, Elite, Elite Plus and Zenith members can add pressing to one of their complimentary bags of laundry per sailing for just $20.  Details to be available onboard.

• Always Included Internet: With Always Included, every cruise booking will now include a Surf Wifi package per person, up to two devices per stateroom. We’ve adjusted the previous Captain’s Club internet discount of 10% – 35% to reflect these changes and provide exclusive value. Now, if you sail with Always Included, you can apply this discount to upgrade from the Surf to Stream package and for additional devices beyond the first two. The complimentary minutes for Elite and Elite Plus members will still be available to guests beyond the first two who do not have internet included.   If you do not sail with Always Included, you can apply the 10% – 35% discount to any internet package and the complimentary minutes for Elite and Elite Plus members will still apply.  Zenith members will continue to enjoy a complimentary Stream internet package for one device in both scenarios. And if you book pre-cruise, your discount is combinable with the additional 10% pre-cruise advantage.

• Always Included Beverage: With Always Included, every cruise booking will now include a Classic Beverage Package for all guests. Now, if you sail with Always Included, Classic Members and above can enjoy a 5% – 10% discount to upgrade from the Classic Beverage Package to Premium Beverage Package before you sail (pre-cruise). The percentage is based on your member tier. If you do not sail with Always Included, Classic members and above can also receive a 5% - 20% discount on Classic and Premium beverage packages purchased before you sail and based on tier. Elite members and above that do not sail with Always Included can also continue to enjoy the daily cocktail hour from 5pm – 7pm at bars and lounge throughout their ship.  Zenith members will continue to enjoy a complimentary Premium beverage package in both scenarios.

• Wine: Classic members and above can now enjoy up to 20% off any bottle of wine in our wine program, including Wine Spectator’s “Best of Award of Excellence” winners on board Celebrity Edge® and Apex.

Zenith Member Update

As a Zenith member, you’re part of a small community of our most loyal guests. Based on your feedback, our top cruiser can now enjoy a complimentary dinner at a specialty dining restaurant, along with complimentary flowers and wine. This special guest will also now have the opportunity to take part in an interview with our cruise director that will air on our in-stateroom televisions.

2020 has required us to make some difficult decisions in order to comply with new protocols. When we return to service, we’ll be tightly managing capacity in each venue. To adhere to elevated safety standards, Zenith access to the lounge at The Retreat® and Michael’s Club will be limited to members staying in The Retreat until further notice. [emphasis added]

Edited by EvoUSA

I'm also happy to report that, based on the typo in the linked flyer for tiers and benefits, I'm both a Classic and Select member (page 2 table headers say 2-149 points for both Classic and Select). 😆

I just finished new email from X. All I can say is Wow. After reading all the great new benefits given to me as an Elite Plus with over 60 cruises, I can only say that I have only 1 more cruise left on X. I have been very loyal for the last 25 years, but this is the worst marketing move the CEO has ever made. I will be going back to being open to cruising with others after I use my credit voucher. I knew she would take this opportunity to use Covid as an excuse to reduce perks and sky lounge use. Extra parties and discounts on spa and photos and laundry pressing are not benefits. I just heard Princess Ceo yell with thanks to Lisa. Happy sailing to all when it starts. 

• Like 15
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Pennstatedj said:

I just finished new email from X. All I can say is Wow. After reading all the great new benefits given to me as an Elite Plus with over 60 cruises, I can only say that I have only 1 more cruise left on X. I have been very loyal for the last 25 years, but this is the worst marketing move the CEO has ever made. I will be going back to being open to cruising with others after I use my credit voucher. I knew she would take this opportunity to use Covid as an excuse to reduce perks and sky lounge use. Extra parties and discounts on spa and photos and laundry pressing are not benefits. I just heard Princess Ceo yell with thanks to Lisa. Happy sailing to all when it starts. 

I have not received the email...can you copy and paste plz.

6 minutes ago, Pennstatedj said:

I agree completely.  I am Elite Plus and their targeted GenX demographic with no kids and travel money to spend, but I am done with loyalty to this line.  I liked the new all inclusive pricing since I buy it anyway...but now they are just trying to vacuum more out of our pockets with dry cleaning packages, pressing packages and tiered Internet speeds.  Such a slap in the face to their customers....the ones who would undoubtedly sail with them to get them out of the fiscal hole they currently find themself in.  I'll move on over to Princess , or even HAL, as they tend to offer better itineraries anyway.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Achieved Elite + status last December.  Due to illness unrelated to Covid, had to cancel a few days prior to our first Elite + cruise that was sailing March 2, 2020.  It was one of last to sail full cruise.  With this change,  the only desirable perk is the laundry service.

Doubtful that we would ever achieve Zenith level. 

We met Lisa a few years ago and she was very interested in the bottom line profit, nothing has changed. We are Elite + with a B2B booked for next November after that Gen X have the ships to themselves.

If I read the email correctly Zeniths will no longer be able to access Michaels or the Retreat unless they are in a suite or “space allows”

Edited by emmas gran

I'm sure I'll be correct if I'm wrong, but it looks to me like nothing except the lounge was taken away.  If you have the "Always Included" you can upgrade drinks or internet with a discount, but if you don't have the "Always included" (because you booked after final payment was due) you still get the previous free minutes or happy hour drinks.  Basically the same way it worked before when everyone said they booked with Perks, but at least now you can get a discount if you upgrade, before if you had a Classic drink package your status did nothing, now you can get a discount to upgrade.  Same with the internet.  Upgrade with a discount, use your free minutes if you don't book a plan that gives you any.  As far as laundry, you still get the free bag, but you can add other services if you want, if you don't you didn't really lose anything.  I don't know enough about the Spa details, but now multi-use discounts are available, before it was just one discount per trip and the free Persian Garden day while in port on S and M ships is still there too.  Granted, some details are not shown (like the question about if access to Michaels Club will be temporary or not for example) so there could be things removed that will change my opinion, but for now it doesn't seem like much was lost, but rather things have been updated to fit in with some of the "Always Included" standards.  To me, the bigger complaint should still be the pricing strategy, a lot of people will want a "nothing included" fare so they can use the benefits they receive from CC status.  

Edited by garyl62
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

It looks to me like very little has changed for those of us who are Elite Plus members.  However, with the removal of access to Michael's and The Retreat, there no longer seems to be much of an incentive to try to reach Zenith level.  I wonder whether this is a harbinger of similar changes at Royal Caribbean.  It would cause quite an uproar if Royal threw their Pinnacle Club members out of the Suite Lounge.

Edited by actuarian
  • Like 5

2 minutes ago, actuarian said:

It looks to me like very little has changed for those of us who are Elite Plus members.  However, with the removal of access to Michael's and The Retreat, there no longer seems to be much of an incentive to try to reach Zenith level. 

It will be interesting to see if that changes or not.  They imply it is just temporary 

2020 has required us to make some difficult decisions in order to comply with new protocols. When we return to service, we’ll be tightly managing capacity in each venue. To adhere to elevated safety standards, Zenith access to the lounge at The Retreat® and Michael’s Club will be limited to members staying in The Retreat until further notice.

• Like 1

Unfortunately, change is the name of the game.  I guess I am happy that so far, our cruises are intact and there is no way we would make Zenith anyway.  My glass is still half full and I will make decisions based on cruise destinations, cabins and cost, realizing that it will cost more.

• Like 1

Hopefully the removing of MC/Retreat as a Zenith benefit is temporary. I can see the need to limit crowds at this time, but hope we soon return to cruising as normal (if there is ever a normal) and that MC/Retreat will return as a Zenith benefit.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

And at 6000 and 9000 points there was a free cruise, now it’s a free specialty dinner.

I think you might have misread that.  The complimentary specialty dinner seems to be designed to (very inadequately) replace the access to The Retreat and Michael's Club.  The free cruises seem to still be offered at those levels.

Edited by actuarian

They've been out of business for nearly nine months and may not be back in full operation for another year.  They aren't going to be enhancing anything.  Cuts and price increases are the name of the game as the lines try to stay in business.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

And at 6000 and 9000 points there was a free cruise, now it’s a free specialty dinner.

The free cruise at multiples of 3000 points is still there 

This is the UK link to the benefits details

http://www.celebritycruises.co.uk/getmedia/c16ecd05-6f0d-4031-9e7a-cdf522d7abf6/Loyalty-Benefits-UK?_ga=2.154946104.1088293748.1605519932-2123678634.1551886057

Beaten to it by Actuarian 

Edited by barbette165

Ah...  Lisa Lisa Lisa.   Discounts on photo packages for Elite Plus who already have thousands of cruise pictures.   Discounts at the spa.  Both photos and the spa are so over priced that even with the discounts it is still way over priced.    

• Like 14