New vaccine

hollyjess

2 hours ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

On the BBC website showing analysis of vaccine status for over 80s in Bradford. Only 46% of Pakistani heritage have had the vaccine and a shocking 23% have refused, the other 31% are undecided. Only 3% of white ethnic group have refused.

I don't know what we can do, but hopefully the government can harness community  and religous leaders to get behind campaign. 

In general I think antivax information on social media can kill innocent people, it should be taken down immediately. 

I wonder whether take up among the younger BAME cohorts will be higher when the time comes? Just a thought - would the older ones who have refused be more willing if accompanied by say their grandchildren? I know that my parents often listen better to my children than they do to me!!

Just for information to others, I was wondering if my vaccination would be included in my patient records at the local GP practice and had a quick check this evening.

Our surgery subscribes to an online system called "Systmonline Patient Online Service" whereby once registered we can order repeat prescriptions, book appointments and view our medical records.

I checked my record and sure enough the vaccination was recorded in my record as having been done on the 29th January. However, against that record there was a small attachment icon and when I clicked on that it came up headed "COVID-19 Vaccination Record" and gave me a full and detailed record of my vaccination including Patient Demographics, Eligibility Criteria, Vaccinations (including procedure, vaccine type, batch number, site of vaccination and who administered it etc), Attendance Details (date and location).

I don't know how many other GP practices subscribe to an online system like this but it strikes me as an ideal way to access and produce a "proof of vaccination" if challenged to so so in the future.

The only drawback I can see is that me printing it off from my records doesn't really carry any official weight, so it would probably have to be issued and approved by a GP at the practice to be fully accepted.

Just a thought for the future in all this agonising over Vaccine Passports

Edited by arlowood
  • Like 6

15 minutes ago, arlowood said:

Just for information to others, I was wondering if my vaccination would be included in my patient records at the local GP practice and had a quick check this evening.

Our surgery subscribes to an online system called "Systmonline Patient Online Service" whereby once registered we can order repeat prescriptions, book appointments and view our medical records.

I checked my record and sure enough the vaccination was recorded in my record as having been done on the 29th January. However, against that record there was a small attachment icon and when I clicked on that it came up headed "COVID-19 Vaccination Record" and gave me a full and detailed record of my vaccination including Patient Demographics, Eligibility Criteria, Vaccinations (including procedure, vaccine type, batch number, site of vaccination and who administered it etc), Attendance Details (date and location).

I don't know how many other GP practices subscribe to an online system like this but it strikes me as an ideal way to access and produce a "proof of vaccination" if challenged to so so in the future.

The only drawback I can see is that me printing it off from my records doesn't really carry any official weight, so it would probably have to be issued and approved by a GP at the practice to be fully accepted.

Just a thought for the future in all this agonising over Vaccine Passports

Good point. The printout, as you say, probably has limited value, but the record can be accessed via a smartphone of course. 👍

7 minutes ago, Jennizor said:

Arlowood, I just checked on my SystmOnline page but I do not have access to my records. There was just a message saying that this is currently not available. I will keep checking however. Thanks for the heads up.

My practice also has the SystemOnline page but also says 'currently not available' Its being saying the same for months!

1 hour ago, Jennizor said:

Arlowood, I just checked on my SystmOnline page but I do not have access to my records. There was just a message saying that this is currently not available. I will keep checking however. Thanks for the heads up.

48 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

Same here, although it’s been years in my surgeries case!

I think you have to ask the surgery to give you access online. Mine says the same. 

Hi Everyone. Just to let you know that Selbourne is right in that you have to make an individual request to your surgery for access to your online medical records. It's an additional ask to that for repeat prescriptions and making appointments.

Re proof of vaccine: Most surgeries use either System One or Emis. Both systems can give you a printout of your records, with attachments (eg details of vaccines). Ask your surgery to put their practice stamp on the printout and that should be enough proof. Having said that, who knows what we may be asked for in future but I would hope this would suffice. J.x

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Jennizor said:

We have the same electronic system but our GP practise does not enable us to cgeck our medical records.

4 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

We have the same electronic system but our GP practise does not enable us to cgeck our medical records.

Mine is the same, all my childhood vaccinations are there and repeat prescriptions but no other data, there is a facility to request access to medical records which I do every time I request a repeat prescription but I have never got access.

4 hours ago, Windsurfboy said:

I don't know what we can do, but hopefully the government can harness community  and religous leaders to get behind campaign. 

In general I think antivax information on social media can kill innocent people, it should be taken down immediately. 

Actor and Comedian Adil Ray has been campaigning to get people of his community to get vaccinated, involving the likes of England Cricketer Moeen Ali, Sadiq Khan, Meera Syal using social media, videos and other means of communication. It’s not been helped by fake news that the vaccine had pork in it.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

Mine is the same, all my childhood vaccinations are there and repeat prescriptions but no other data, there is a facility to request access to medical records which I do every time I request a repeat prescription but I have never got access.

Have just made an online request to have my medical records available on the system via the manage online services feature under the account header, it says the request will be reviewed by a member of staff.

Watch this space.

17 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Have just made an online request to have my medical records available on the system via the manage online services feature under the account header, it says the request will be reviewed by a member of staff.

Watch this space.

I was told you have to go into our practice to request this. I think you have to fill a form in like when you first registered.

My childhood vaccinations are on, but not the flu jab I had in December. Hubbies Covid jab isn't on his but it was done elsewhere. 

Edited by emam
Spelling

34 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Watch this space.

No option to do this on the system that my GP surgery uses (EMIS). 

11 hours ago, Selbourne said:

Interesting and almost exactly the same percentages that I posted on here a few days ago from a GP in Harrow who was talking about this on Sky News. 

Subsequent to this one might find groups of people complaining that their community is affected more than average and what are we doing about it.

Regards John

11 hours ago, Windsurfboy said:

And to add to your link, and not sure if this link implies a third jab is needed this autumn for everyone vaccinated so far so starting again basically.

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-south-africa-halts-rollout-of-astrazeneca-jab-due-to-limited-protection-12211970

Edited by Chrisdriving

1 hour ago, Chrisdriving said:

And to add to your link, and not sure if this link implies a third jab is needed this autumn for everyone vaccinated so far so starting again basically.

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-south-africa-halts-rollout-of-astrazeneca-jab-due-to-limited-protection-12211970

Potentially bad news if you filter out the 'spin' being put on the story by certain areas of the press. another notorious newspaper just does not mention it on its front page this morning. Is this news likely to throw the relaxation plans into disarray and delay cruising restarting this year at all? Also potentially bad news for the vaccine rollout and the anti vaxxers will be delighted.

19 hours ago, ace2542 said:

Well of course you are going to get the pain at the injection site. Sadly we have not yet developed the hypospray as they call it on star trek or a needleless injector sad to say.

Why of course?. My wife and I were both absolutely free from any sort of pain at the injection site. Please stop trying to frighten people, there is no of course about it.

• Like 8

46 minutes ago, davecttr said:

Potentially bad news if you filter out the 'spin' being put on the story by certain areas of the press. another notorious newspaper just does not mention it on its front page this morning. Is this news likely to throw the relaxation plans into disarray and delay cruising restarting this year at all? Also potentially bad news for the vaccine rollout and the anti vaxxers will be delighted.

The UK strain is more transmissible so is likely to dominate, which will probably work to our advantage, as the vaccine works against that one. Also, the vaccines are still likely to prevent hospitalisations and death for all strains, even if they don't prevent mild or moderate disease. So it's not all doom and gloom. 

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, dorsetlad said:

My wife and I were both absolutely free from any sort of pain at the injection site.

Interesting. I don’t think that I have ever had a vaccination where I haven’t had a sore arm (which also feels very warm to touch at the site of the jab) for a couple of days afterwards. However, I am so keen to have my Covid jab that I would suffer that discomfort in both arms, both legs and a fifth jab where the sun doesn’t shine if it meant that I could get back to normal life ASAP 😂 

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, brian1 said:

Yesterdays Italy vaccine stats, total 28000 jabs of which only 6500 were primary jabs.Being Sunday might reflect figures.We are so lucky here.

Yes we are, but you wouldn't think so though with all the complaining about anything and everything that's going on. Some people are just never satisfied.

Sis

• Like 10