Which Ships will be first??

On 4/30/2021 at 5:30 PM, John&LaLa said:

I don't think children fit the equation. 

If Florida opens, look for big ships

Screenshot_20210430-182959_Google.thumb.jpg.c2eb191ba877adf2eb894e316c1b0ff5.jpg

They are more profitable 

I agree that the big ships were more profitable, but my understanding  is that more families also tend to book these big ships with their water parks and giant kids areas.  So, this causes a dilemma for the cruise lines.  I still think the smaller (than Oasis and Quantum) ships with little to no kids will be the first ones to sail.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, jaredhamburg said:

I agree that the big ships were more profitable, but my understanding  is that more families also tend to book these big ships with their water parks and giant kids areas.  So, this causes a dilemma for the cruise lines.  I still think the smaller (than Oasis and Quantum) ships with little to no kids will be the first ones to sail.

But if they limit capacity, they won't have any problems hitting the limits with few if any family groups.

And in the summer, all ships have families

Edited by John&LaLa

On 5/1/2021 at 5:29 PM, SherriZ366 said:

We have the same CDC issued card here in SC and went through the same procedure.  

Does anyone really think that Gov. DeSantis is going to prohibit Florida residents having to show vaccine proof to board a cruise ship.  Especially after holding a forum for Cruise ship heads, port officials etc in Port Canaveral.  There was an hour plus press conference that I watched on You Tube.  Florida also filed suit to allow the ships to sail.  And now as you pointed out, the Gov. has effectively said that cruise ship crew can be required to be vaccinated, he will have even more grounds to back off his prohibition to show vaccination proof.  I read his comments as being more against a "Vaccination Passport" being required for many activities than anything else.  I would think this would be a new document that people would have to apply for. 

I have posted that I think the cruise lines will require cruisers to supply the vaccine date and lot number when they complete their Set Sail passes.   

I have our vaccination cards in sleeves (bought from Amazon sized for the CDC cards) in the pouch with our passports.  We also took pictures for our phones and to print out for my cruise file. (I'm a bit anal about documentation)  We're also not laminating in case booster shots are required down the road.  

I live in Florida and I am a big supporter of DeSantis. However, I don’t think he is going to win a battle against the CDC if they implement a vaccination requirement as currently stated to allow cruise lines to resume operations. There is no way DeSantis is going to allow a situation where cruise lines decide to resume cruises in states other than Florida over the vaccine issue. 

• Like 1

The Adventure will remain in Nassau through it's current bookings until mid-September. Vision will remain in Bermuda until end of August. Don't see RCCL cancelling these bookings if they can sail out of the US in July. Maybe Vision moves to Port Canaveral afterwards and Adventure to Miami?

I could see by August:

Symphony(7-day) & Adventure(3/4 day after her Nassau homeporting) out of Miami.

Allure(7-day) & Vision(3/4 day after her Bermuda homeporting) out of Port Canaveral.

Liberty(7-day) & Explorer(4/5 day) out of Galveston.

2 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

I live in Florida and I am a big supporter of DeSantis. However, I don’t think he is going to win a battle against the CDC if they implement a vaccination requirement as currently stated to allow cruise lines to resume operations. There is no way DeSantis is going to allow a situation where cruise lines decide to resume cruises in states other than Florida over the vaccine issue. 

You are right that he is not going to win the battle legally or otherwise. But that hasn’t stopped him from implying that he will force the issue and he has remained painfully silent on any possible backtracking even after the CDC gave the option on vaccinated sailings. 

1 minute ago, harkinmr said:

You are right that he is not going to win the battle legally or otherwise. But that hasn’t stopped him from implying that he will force the issue and he has remained painfully silent on any possible backtracking even after the CDC gave the option on vaccinated sailings. 

I am sure he will say something along the lines that his stance on requiring vaccinations hasn’t changed, but he can’t enforce his policy on ships that cruise in international waters. Like I mentioned before, DeSantis is not going to do something that would hurt businesses in Florida. The Florida economy is booming right now and DeSantis deserves a lot of credit for that based on how he handled the pandemic down here. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, toad455 said:

The Adventure will remain in Nassau through it's current bookings until mid-September. Vision will remain in Bermuda until end of August. Don't see RCCL cancelling these bookings if they can sail out of the US in July. Maybe Vision moves to Port Canaveral afterwards and Adventure to Miami?

I could see by August:

Allure(7-day) & Vision(3/4 day after her Bermuda homeporting) out of Port Canaveral.

Hmmm.... that leaves out Indy and Navigator from Miami and Mariner from Port Canaveral. 

8 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

I am sure he will say something along the lines that his stance on requiring vaccinations hasn’t changed, but he can’t enforce his policy on ships that cruise in international waters. 

Even though he said the exact opposite just two weeks ago?  It will be interesting to see him worm his way out of his prior position.  And his ban will hurt some businesses and he knows that. It’s political theater. 

• Like 2

With New York rapidly opening up to almost pre-covid levels and New Jersey soon to follow there is hope for departures from the NY Harbor.

The Anthem is scheduled to begin sailing to Cape Canaveral and the Bahamas in November.

It will be sailing in Europe just prior to crossing the pond and will most probably have a vaccinated crew operating on a fully functioning ship.

It also will be sailing on the already scheduled itinerary and the same dates, with probably the same passengers that have been booked for over a year. 

ALL THIS WITH NO REAL CHANGES. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, harkinmr said:

Even though he said the exact opposite just two weeks ago?  It will be interesting to see him worm his way out of his prior position.  And his ban will hurt some businesses and he knows that. It’s political theater. 

He signed his order into law this morning. Will be interesting how this all plays out in Florida

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, boscobeans said:

With New York rapidly opening up to almost pre-covid levels and New Jersey soon to follow there is hope for departures from the NY Harbor.

The Anthem is scheduled to begin sailing to Cape Canaveral and the Bahamas in November.

It will be sailing in Europe just prior to crossing the pond and will most probably have a vaccinated crew operating on a fully functioning ship.

It also will be sailing on the already scheduled itinerary and the same dates, with probably the same passengers that have been booked for over a year. 

ALL THIS WITH NO REAL CHANGES. 

Yup looks like NY, NJ, and CT will be lifting most capacity limits as of the 19th. People are so desperate to hate on Murphy that they don’t realize we’ve had pretty much every place open in one capacity or another for months already. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vera/Lee said:

Hmmm.... that leaves out Indy and Navigator from Miami and Mariner from Port Canaveral. 

I agree Mariner will be a go in PC.

3 hours ago, toad455 said:

I could see by August:

I believe Mariner will be first ship out of PC. We've had the smaller ships before like Vision, I don't believe that will suffice again. Plus, I have an early August Mariner cruise. 😉 

Edited by TYMAN

I am boycotting New York and California with my vacation dollars, at least for this year.  I choose to reward Florida and Texas.  So if ships begin sailing from those points in 2021, I will bypass in favor of Florida and Texas home ports.

Do NY and CA care about my measly dollars?  Absolutely won’t even notice , plain and simple.

Edited by logan25
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

But if they limit capacity, they won't have any problems hitting the limits with few if any family groups.

And in the summer, all ships have families

I wonder what the US capacity limits will be..... Also, my understanding is that longer cruises (even in the summer) generally do not have many kids.  Most Americans do not taken many cruises longer than seven days.  These longer cruises are typically on smaller ships, unless a ship is being repositioned.

I just want some more information to be released once Royal has hashed out a plan and received clarification from the CDC.

13 hours ago, logan25 said:

I am boycotting New York and California with my vacation dollars, at least for this year.  I choose to reward Florida and Texas.  So if ships begin sailing from those points in 2021, I will bypass in favor of Florida and Texas home ports.

Do NY and CA care about my measly dollars?  Absolutely won’t even notice , plain and simple.

Florida doesn't want cruise ships, governor just signed a law that companies cannot ask for proof of vaccinations. That really screws the cruise industry, since they cannot sail without that proof. 

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, harkinmr said:

What did he say 2 weeks ago?

i have only heard and read that he wants a ban on vaccination cards/passports for customers. 
What Florida businesses will be hurt with a ban on vaccination cards/passports. 
Please clarify. 
TIA

6 minutes ago, scorpluvsdolphins said:

What did he say 2 weeks ago?

i have only heard and read that he wants a ban on vaccination cards/passports for customers. 
What Florida businesses will be hurt with a ban on vaccination cards/passports. 
Please clarify. 
TIA

That the ban on vaccine mandates applies to the cruise lines.  And businesses should be able to make a call based on protecting public health themselves. No state should be telling them they can’t.  

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/business/fl-bz-silversea-cruises-to-require-vaccinations-20210412-7ok6fwabpndc5aop6oyla5tgvq-story.html

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, harkinmr said:

That the ban on vaccine mandates applies to the cruise lines.  And businesses should be able to make a call based on protecting public health themselves. No state should be telling them they can’t.  

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/business/fl-bz-silversea-cruises-to-require-vaccinations-20210412-7ok6fwabpndc5aop6oyla5tgvq-story.html

If I understand correctly, you can’t name one USA business doing business in Florida that HAS been hurt by this ban?

Royal is not a USA business, though it helps Florida economy tremendously. We rely on tourism. 

I didn’t see where in your response that you alluded that his statements made two weeks ago contradict what he is saying currently. What exactly were the contradictory statements about vaccination cards?

I think Maritime Law and Federal Law take precedence over cruise lines. 
He has the right and obligation to represent Florida residents as best as he can. If what he is doing oversteps Federal law, it will be corrected in the courts. 

Don’t assume that Royal will be hurt by not being allowed to require proof of vaccination. 

Since the majority of people that I know that are die hard cruisers are vaccinated, I believe many will cruise with unvaccinated cruisers. 
They want to cruise!

I don’t believe that your typical non cruiser will be willing to jump on a cruise right away anyways.  

I think that the ships will be filled mostly with repeat cruisers. 

Time will tell. 

• Like 1

I suspect the Gov mandate does not impact industries like cruise ships and airplanes... these are interstate businesses.... vs intrastate... like restaurants... hotels  based in florida. 

One question that I have not seen addressed...is what exactly is a vaccine passport? We already have the easily copied vaccine cards... is that considered a passport? I don't know the answer to this...and have not heard details outlined for such a thing.

As far as which ships first...my guess Navigator of the Seas, Freedom of the Seas... since it appears their crew are currently being vaccinated. I think there are other ships as well that have been done a few days earlier. out of Port Canaveral... Just a guess based on crews being vaccinated...that I know of.