The Daily for Wednesday July 28, 2021

richwmn

10 minutes ago, atexsix said:

Good Morning daily family,

Thoughts and prayers kindly requested for Dear Dad who lost his eldest son and I a good friend, unexpectedly to heart failure yesterday afternoon.  Dear Dad and his son Michael are my family that I unofficially adopted and grew to love as my own 8 years ago.  They tried frantically to save him, his wife, an RN, performed CPR and revived him twice, and paramedics continued CPR all the way to the hospital, but unfortunately they couldn't save him.  He was 55.

Nothing worse than getting "that" infamous phone call, I'm sure a lot of you can relate.  

Bruno

OH Bruno - I am so sorry to hear this 😔 

So young and so tragic 😞

Our prayers are winging their way to your Dad, his son’s s family and you 🙏🏻 

• Like 9

1 minute ago, kazu said:

I honestly don’t know how the fall happened.  My friend was pretty distraught when she gave me the news and I only found out a bit as that is all she could muster to tell me.  Poor thing 😢 

I just saw your post about this gentleman undergoing chemo as well.  That is just an awful situation for him and your dear friend.  Prayers for a good outcome.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, atexsix said:

Thoughts and prayers kindly requested for Dear Dad who lost his eldest son and I a good friend, unexpectedly to heart failure yesterday afternoon.  Dear Dad and his son Michael are my family that I unofficially adopted and grew to love as my own 8 years ago.  They tried frantically to save him, his wife, an RN, performed CPR and revived him twice, and paramedics continued CPR all the way to the hospital, but unfortunately they couldn't save him.  He was 55.

Nothing worse than getting "that" infamous phone call, I'm sure a lot of you can relate.  

Bruno

Deepest condolences and prayers for you and your family.

Edited by aliaschief
  • Like 10

15 minutes ago, atexsix said:

Bruno

Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry.  All deaths are tragic, but sudden, unexpected...very sorry. 

• Like 10

@atexsix Bruno, I am so sorry about the death of Michael.   Warm thoughts and healing across the miles.

@St. Louis Sal I hope all is going well for you today.   Forward!

@Horizon chaser 1957 I agree with the others.   The comments are rooted in feelings of inferiority and jealousy.   I thought the dye was spectacular.  Who cares about the latin name?

@mamaofamiWhat fantastic news about Sam!    I bet he is excited as all get out.   Now we really have to have a party - Sam and Miss Camilla!   And, @JazzyV Vanessa's eye is so much better.  And, @Sharon in AZ's mom is doing well.   We have a lot to celebrate.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, kazu said:

For those of you that don’t follow the Future Cruise Listing, Helen (Hflors) posted yesterday to cancel her cruise due to the death of her husband on July 14th.  Our prayers for her and him 🙏🏻 

I am going to ask everyone for prayers for my BFF’s husband who is in intensive care in the hospital.  He fell and has broken 4 ribs and has a brain bleed 😢. They are not part of CC so don’t have to be on the Care list.  I am very worried about him and her.  Of course, I can’t visit or keep her company while she sits at his side because of dam covid.

Jacqui, your BFF and her husband are honorary CC folk because of you. Prayers winging their way for all of you. May he make a strong and speedy recovery. ❤️

• Like 11

@Horizon chaser 1957 Laura, just ignore those two who are trying to stir up trouble.  All they need do it google Queen Anne's Lace and they can get the name for themselves.  I'm willing to be their ugly comments are just the product of jealousy over your beautiful pieces.  Stay strong, sister, and have a glass of wine to celebrate your art.

@kazuthank you for letting us know about @Hflors DH; prayers for Helen and her family.  I am sorry to hear about your BFF's DH - let's hope and pray he's able to weather out this storm and get back to good health once more.  Sending prayers for his recovery.

@atexsix how awful reading about your Dad's son; adopted families are as important (sometimes more so) than non-adopted.  Please know our hearts go out to you and the rest of your family and all who loved him.

@mamaofami what great news about Sam - yay for him!

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sharon in AZ said:

She is doing very well and thank you for asking. She has a PET scan scheduled for tomorrow and the oncologist will decide if she needs chemotherapy plus radiation or just radiation. He believes that it will probably just be radiation at this point because her lung cancer was found so early, it’s stage 1A, and thank goodness she doesn’t have to have surgery. This would have never been diagnosed so early if it hadn’t been for her bowel surgery she had in February. 

You can take her off the Care list and after her treatment I’ll let you know and she can be on the celebration list. 😊

Wonderful news, Sharon, may it continue. 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Vict0riann said:

Interesting conversation today!  Good morning, and thanks to Rich, Roy and everyone who posts.  I think I could like the drink today!  No stew, but I took a barbecued chicken out of the freezer that I bought last time we were at Costco.  They have much nicer and plumper ones than the ones at the grocery store.  

@cat shepard , did you organize a tour company to take you around before you went to Iceland?  I'm enjoying your travelogue!   We will be there next year, 4 stops, including an overnight in Reykjavik, and I have a cousin there with the US Embassy who I hope is going to look after us, but I thought I could mention the name of a guide if she is interested.  I think she had her car shipped there, which she has not been able to do in previous postings, so she may just want to be independent, but you never know!

My father worked for Nestles so I am definitely a fan of chocolate.  I hated the milk products he brought home, powdered, condensed and evaporated, but the chocolate was a hit - especially milk chocolate!

Sorry about your friend's husband's fall, Jacqui, and Helen's husband's death.  It hasn't been easy the last year and a half with many tragedies that  can't be properly shared.  My cousin's daughter has had a bad time with breast cancer, all on her own, undergoing surgeries, radiation and chemo with her two teenagers beside her.  My cousin has born the brunt of many long phone conversations!  But Laura has come through with flying colours and is looking wonderful.  

Ann

The trip was sponsored by GEEO, who partnered with G Adventures to offer  the tour “Best of Iceland”.  GEEO is a non-profit whose goal is to offer low cost travel opportunities to educators. They ask non-educators to make a small donation. The hotels are not five star hotels.  They are clean, comfortable, safe and in convenient or gorgeous locations.  Breakfast is included. 

But it was our guide, Francois Denis, who made the tour spectacular. I am not sure he offers his service outside of G Adventures, but if he did - I would recommend him in a heartbeat.  He was so much more than a guide. You could feel his love for his adopted country every time he talked about it. A Belgian by birth, he said the only thing that Iceland did not beat the world at - was making chocolate. 😎. But it tasted darned good to me. 

I am a bit jealous of your cousin. 

• Like 14

1 hour ago, Horizon chaser 1957 said:

Thank you all so much for this caring, sheltering space and positive feedback on my posts. I posted that picture of the Queen Anne’s Lace dyed silk on a botanical print group I belong to. Most of the comments were very positive. However, two ladies are upset with me for not providing the Latin name and full description of the plant I used, and won’t let up. The page does not require this information, and very few posters include it. I’m not sure what their problem is, or why they singled out my post, but they are egging each other on. What should have been a happy moment is leaving me feeling a little battered right now. I truly appreciate moving back here where it’s safe and being handed a virtual glass of Pinot Noir.

Anyway, Happy Wednesday as we follow the journey of the first BHB to return to Alaska.

Laura

Take a big sip of that wine.  And pity those women who can only find happiness by trying to ruin someone’s joy.  Yes pity them, because they can never know true happiness. 

Get that Etsy site up. That will tell you all you need to know about your talent. 

❤️

Ann

Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, atexsix said:

Bruno

Bruno

I am so deeply sorry. Prayers for all of you. 55 was way too young. 

Ann

• Like 10

1 hour ago, atexsix said:

Bruno

Bruno I'm so sorry to hear about Michael. You and the entire family were just added to my prayer list. A sad day today.

Joy

• Like 11

1 hour ago, atexsix said:

Bruno

Bruno, I am so sorry for your loss and your DD's loss.  Prayers and thoughts going out to you and your family.

Edited by Sharon in AZ
typo
  • Like 9

Late today, but. Thankful to @cat shepard for the Iceland photos!  And the wine! 

@kazusorry to hear about your friends husband!  Covid is making everything harder!   And about Helen’s husband,   I think we may have sailed together.

The smoke has moderated somewhat thankfully!  

006CA103-257A-46DC-BC82-3A581FD770F8.jpeg

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Horizon chaser 1957 said:

Graham, and @StLouisCruisers thank you, that is so kind. Your comments (and the virtual Willamette Valley Pinot Noir 😉) make me feel much better!

Your work is exquisite!  I don’t understand the degree of online sniping,  I think Covid has made people worse.  I know grief can cause anger and I think there is some of that but still no excuse.  Civility is uncommon these days.  But ignore them and know your beautiful work delights many!  

I will be happy to buy you a glass of Pinot one day! 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, bennybear said:

Late today, but. Thankful to @cat shepard for the Iceland photos!  And the wine! 

@kazusorry to hear about your friends husband!  Covid is making everything harder!   And about Helen’s husband,   I think we may have sailed together.

The smoke has moderated somewhat thankfully!  

006CA103-257A-46DC-BC82-3A581FD770F8.jpeg

Smokey yes, but a beautiful picture!

• Like 8

2 hours ago, atexsix said:

Bruno

I am so sorry for your loss! 

• Like 6