The Daily for Wednesday September 01, 2021

richwmn

1 hour ago, Cruising-along said:

Today is the first day of school for our grandsons.  First and third grades, and the first time the little one has gone to in-person school. They also started taekwondo yesterday.  Big week, they're happy! 

327031006_Firstday1stand3rdgrades.thumb.jpg.c8762f156dd91d334639f50961bb19e8.jpg

What a couple of cuties!

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Thank you all so much for the good wishes...we're full of joy and anticipation and looking forward to holding that sweet bundle of joy in six months or so.

Lots and lots of tornado warnings popping up on my area right now...PA, along the western side of where we are (I am about 15 miles northeast of Philadelphia and not far from the Delaware River).  Looks like things are moving north and could reach closer to our area soon.  One just confirmed over Willow Grove PA.  Fingers crossed, nothing comes of it.

@bennybear - that hail!!  OMG it must have made such a noise while falling.  

• Like 17

24 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Sorry for my mistake, but she's still a lovely girl anyway!   Not only that but lucky to have you two.

Thanks Sandi, everyone thinks Sarah is our daughter.

Her mam is Pauline's sister who looks very much like Pauline but totally opposite personality.

We are in daily contact with Sarah but her mam and dad have sadly  made no attempt in 6 years to contact Sarah.

Graham 

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 3

7 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Her mam is Pauline's sister who looks very much like Pauline but totally opposite personality.

We are in daily contact with Sarah but her mam who has  lived next door to us for 38 years has sadly  made no attempt in 6 years to contact Sarah.

Graham 

That makes it even nicer she has you two as loving family members then.  Sometimes family dynamics are so tangled there is no way to explain them.  🙄

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

That makes it even nicer she has you two as loving family members then.  Sometimes family dynamics are so tangled there is no way to explain them.  🙄

Thanks for your kind words Sandi.

Sarah is lovely.

Graham.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 5

Thanks Rich and Roy and the food and drink ladies for your information every day.

Cherries are good, as fruit or in baking. Can play chess, but haven't in years. I made a large pan of lasagna today, for dinner tomorrow.  Today is DSIL's birthday, and tomorrow a DGS turns 7 and we will celebrate both tomorrow. DGS wanted lasagna and caesar salad and Grandma's homemade baguettes for dinner, and I was happy to make it.

@Overhead FredEnjoy the cottage.  Beautiful area.

@smitty34877Sorry to hear you had a trying day yesterday.  And glad you were taking a bit of a break today.  Take care of yourself.  You have been very busy.

@msmayorCongratulations on the expected grandchild.  We were in Australia when one of ours was born, and on the VOV for another one.  We are very lucky that they all live close by. 

School starts next week here, and the little ones are excited to go.  I feel sorry for the teachers this year.  It will be a nightmare for them to determine what level each student is at, after the 1 1/2 years of remote and in class learning.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

We are in daily contact with Sarah but her mam and dad have sadly  made no attempt in 6 years to contact Sarah.

Graham 

Then she surely is YOUR Sarah.   How wonderful that you and Pauline have stepped up into the role for her.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, JazzyV said:

@rafinmd Hoping you're ok as I saw there was a tornado in Annapolis.

I fine after being glued to the TV all afternoon. but the warnings have now expired.  We had a double whammy today with awful storms overnight as @NextOne reported.  I slept through those but when I left for rehab this morning the car seat was wet from  just about a quarter inch opening at the top of the window.  I hunkered down after rehab and haven't been out even to check the mail.  Suburban Washington, not far from @NextOne had serious flooding with one death.

I'm about an hour from Annapolis and the storms weren't bad for me.  Annapolis really got hammered between the tornado and flooding in the downtown area.

I was really worried about Ellicott City (about 15 minutes away) which had fatal floods both in 2016 and 2018.  I think they got relatively calm weather as well and have done some massive flood control improvements and seem to have weathered the storm as well.

Roy

• Like 10
  • Thanks 5

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Graham 

Graham, Sarah is very lucky to have you and Pauline in her life.  From what you said, you are the "parents" she needs and deserves.  BTW, Sarah is as lovely as Pauline.

Lenda

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, dobiemom said:

but I read the confirmation text incorrectly. It said I’d receive my results via email. So I looked and the results for the rapid antigen came in at 9:15am: Negative! 😄

So I only sorta read the text wrong. It did say negative but also said the report would be sent by email.

Flight was good (I had upgraded to first class and saved money because of the luggage fees). First time that my hips weren’t cramped up against the sides!
Because I’m in a HAL hotel, the transfer was also through HAL. I was the last person of the day for the rep. LaVerne was very sweet. We got my bags and she arranged a car for me (not a shuttle).

Got to the hotel, rested a bit, now I think I’ll go take a ride on the Seattle Great Wheel and have dinner at The Fisherman’s Restaurant

• Like 12