The Daily for Saturday September 04, 2021

richwmn

Morning all!

Manners matter for sure.  Bacon is best when super crispy.  Tailgating memories at Phillies games with friends years ago, never the driving kind - I'm a 'two-car spacing' gal.

Buffalo wings are a staple in my house...I've grilled them, but the best ones come from places that do the 'unhealthy' and fry them crisp. 

Heading out today with my son to look at new cars...not sure how much luck we'll have.  Availability was already short due to supply chain problems, and now with the historic flooding the demand for ANY car is going to go up even more.  He's got his eye on a particular model - fortunately, the purchase isn't critical and he can afford a long lead time.

Tonight is 'date night' for me and hubby - we're going to a comedy night at a winery about an hour north of us.  I'm in the Vintner Club there but this is the first time we're visiting for an evening show.  All outdoors, but we'll be bringing masks just in case.  Should be a pleasant evening.

Thank you for the care and celebration lists...good thoughts and wishes to all for better days ahead!

• Like 24

1 hour ago, puppycanducruise said:

I'm thinking Tailgating is that American thing where you have a party in the parking lot before a football game.  Not tailgating that Graham refers to by being a bad driver and driving too close to the car ahead of you.  One is fun, one is dangerous.

Or they can both be quite dangerous, depending on how much is consumed in the celebration.

• Like 7
  • Haha 6

Good morning from central Texas.  It's going to be another hot day, so I plan to get the yard mowed early.  Since it has not rained in quite awhile, the part that is natural grass does not need mowing.

Manners at work or anywhere should always be present, but sadly, too many leave their's at home.  Tailgating started after we quit going to football games, but have gotten more elaborate over the years.  I don’t like the road type of tailgating.  Love bacon, but have it rarely.  We did have BLTs the other day.  Yum

Like today's quote, especially since I'm here to read it.

We'll pass on the drink and meal although I like wings with just a little bite.  Today, I think I'll make chicken salad with some of the leftover rotisserie chicken and add some of the leftover sides to the plates with wine. Today's wine might be good, but it's more than I want to pay for a bottle of wine.

We have not been to Exmouth, but we did stop in Broome down the coast in 2002 on the Volendam's APEC cruise.  @tjcox9 Thank you for the pictures.

@cat shepard Enjoy the garden, but please be careful.  You've come to far to risk a setback.

@JAM37  Julia, glad your DH is improving and gaining strength.

@Mr. Boston So sorry for the loss of Paws, and especially under such sad  circumstances.  Losing our four legged family members is always hard.  Our condolences to your siste4 and her family.

@mamaofami  Carol, enjoy the visit with your family.

Bon voyage to all the Dailyites boarding a BHB today.  Have a wonderful cruise.

Lenda 

Edited by Quartzsite Cruiser
  • Like 22
  • Thanks 1

Embarkation day! 😀 It’s been 22 months since I’ve been on a ship. 
Remember when I went for my rapid COVID test on Wed I had apparently signed up for a free PCR test? The PCR results came in at 4:05am (about 67 hours). This one says SARS-CoV-2 “not detected.” (The rapid antigen came back negative in 15 minutes.)

Since internet on the ship is spotty, I won’t be buying a package. I’ll have to catch up when I return. But know that I’ll be thinking of you all. 🙂

• Like 35

Good Saturday morning to all. I have never done football tailgating. Though I have been invited to watch a couple of  college football games in VIP suites which was quite the experience.

Thanks Rich and Roy and all contributors. A good read especially since our newspaper delivery is late today!😡

Happy Labor Day Weekend To All

• Like 20

24 minutes ago, dobiemom said:

Remember when I went for my rapid COVID test on Wed I had apparently signed up for a free PCR test? The PCR results came in at 4:05am (about 67 hours). This one says SARS-CoV-2 “not detected.” (The rapid antigen came back negative in 15 minutes.)

Since internet on the ship is spotty, I won’t be buying a package. I’ll have to catch up when I return. But know that I’ll be thinking of you all. 🙂

Best wishes for a fantastic cruise.

Graham.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, dobiemom said:

Excellent news on the test results.  Enjoy your cruise, it’s really happening!  Bon voyage 🛳 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, dobiemom said:

Have a great cruise.  Good news on your test results.

Lenda

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you Rich for today's daily.

Thanks also Roy for compiling care reports and celebrations.

If everyone had good manners the work place and the world would be a much better place.

Tailgating is dangerous, annoying and a traffic offence in England.

I love bacon but since my heart attack I have only eaten bacon a handful of times, usually pre-cruise breakfast.

Interesting meal,drink and Quote.

Australia is on our to do list so never been to today's port.

Prayers for everyone on the care list and those affected by storm Ida.

Happy cruising for all those going soon.

Take care and stay safe everyone 😷.

Graham.

IMG_20210827_095024.jpg

Graham....I'm shocked....totally shocked...!! 

Is that ketchup on your bacon and banger....LOL....:)

• Like 2
  • Haha 13

Good Saturday morning to everyone!  It's a gorgeous beginning to the day here.  We've had a few days of low humidity but I hear it will be back by tomorrow.  

@Mr. Bostonmy sympathy to your sister's family on the loss of Paws yesterday.  How shocking to have such a sudden end for him.  I was surprised when I looked at the photo of him because he looks very much like my DD's cavapoo Gracie.  Paws had a tiny bit more tan on the ears and muzzle.  🐶😢

National Tailgating Day is appropriate with the start of the football season.  I can see where @grapau27would be confused with the driving offense called the exact same thing.  International Bacon Day is a good celebration.  Maybe I'll see if DH wants some BLT's today.  I have a tomato we need to use.  And we'll be sure to make it crispy bacon.  Is there any other way?  Bringing your manners to work seems like a no brainer, but unfortunately not everyone got the memo!!

Buffalo wings are usually too spicy for me, so y'all can have my share. Speaking of food, @cat shepardyour Icelandic bread looks great!  Nice job!  Also good luck with your PT.  Knowing you, it will be a snap getting back to your old self.

@mamaofamiCarol & Sam enjoy your visit with your DGS today.  We've missed so much time with our families over the past 18 months, haven't we?

@tjcox9thank you for the photos of your visit to Exmouth, Australia.  It even looks HOT in the pictures!  Seems like an interesting place to see though.  On our 2017 Sun Princess circumnavigation of Australia we passed by on the way from Perth to Broome.  Wish we could have stopped there.  I'd love a few new ports next time we make it Down Under.  

Bon Voyage to our friends sailing today.  We're looking forward to hearing all about it when you return home @atexsix, @dobiemom, @LAFFNVEGAS, and @travelingbums.   I'll be watching Lisa's Live From posts.

Have a great day everyone!

• Like 24
  • Thanks 2

Good  morning  everyone. It  is  a  gorgeous  day  here with  a  perfect  blue  sky.  I  love  bacon  but  don't  eat  it  much  anymore. There  are  far  too  many  drivers  around  here  who  practice  tailgating.We  have  not  been  to  the  port  of  the  day but  liked  the  photos  so  far.

DD  and  DSIL  spent  yesterday  ripping  out  carpet  in  the  basement  apartment  and  will  start  on  the  drywall  next.  We  had  damage here  but  it  was  nothing  like  what  others  are  going  through.

I  drove  Tana  to  her  PT  appointment  later  in  the  afternoon  yesterday  and  we  saw  many  abandoned  cars  on  the highway still. I  think  she  felt  a  little  better  after  the  session  but she  remains  short  of  breath  even  on  the  oxygen. Baby  steps. And  patience.

@MrBoston, that  is  so  sad  about  your  sisters' dog. So  sorry.

Bon  Voyage  to  all  the  travelers today!

Terry

• Like 20
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, dobiemom said:

Bon Voyage!

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Good morning, thanks for the daily!  I tried to bring my manners to work every day - others, not so much.  Love crispy bacon, and would enjoy being invited to a tailgating party some day.

Wow, I'm gone for 3 days and there's a ton of catching up to do!  First of all, Bon Voyage to @LAFFNVEGAS, @dobiemom, @travelingbums and @atexsix, I hope you all have a wonderful cruise. 

Next, a belated Happy Anniversary to @Quartzsite Cruiser, 54 years is definitely cause for celebration. 

I'm pretty sure I'm missing someone's birthday, but will have to go back in the posts to check. 

@Horizon chaser 1957, I feel your pain sending your DD back to SE Asia; I felt bereft for days whenever our DS returned to Japan.

@Mr. Boston how sad to learn of Paw's passing.  It's heartbreaking for a family to lose a furbaby this way.

We had a wonderful few days with our dear friends - they are so hospitable, and are more like family than friends.  With them, it's a comfort just to sit in companionable silence with everyone enjoying being together, rather than having to do things all the time.  We did, however, do a full day of lake touring on Thursday; we left the house at 9:30AM and didn't return until 6:30PM.  They live in true lake country, where we visited 7 different lakes and saw cabins ranging from 1 room shacks that look like they've been there since the glaciers receded, to brand new log mansions that are too ostentatious to ever be called cabins.   We ended up at their lake property where their DD and DSIL had dinner waiting for us - we sat on their deck enjoying dinner and were treated to a beautiful sunset.

Sunset.jpg.0a4a29a0e1c1441701f7b8ed59ac9195.jpg

I like hot wings, but DH doesn't at all, so I'll enjoy some in a restaurant another time.  For today, we have yard work to catch up on, so I'm putting a pork loin in the slow cooker so we'll have pulled pork sandwiches and coleslaw for dinner tonight.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who needs them and even for those who don't think they do.  Raising the glasses to celebrate all on the happy list.  Be well, stay safe, wash your hands, wear your masks, and hydrate!

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

• Like 31
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Thank you for the Seattle Turnaround Day Daily, Rich.  Tailgating and Manners are certainly good and I love bacon but it really isn't very healthy.  I love the quote but would prefer the wings without the bite.  Love Australia but haven't been to Exmouth.  A picture perfect day here.

Today’s care list:

Welfare of furloughed crews
Western (Especially BC and Lake Tahoe) wildfires
cat shepard’s friend undergoing chemo for stage four cancer
New Zealand terrorist attack victims
JAM37 DH fighting Covid but showing improvement
Vict0riann DD awaiting Covid test results
Allen (Seasick Sailor DH) awaiting biopsoy results
durangoscots recovering from difficult melanoma surgery
From the rotation:
Scout Jamie C recovering from major surgery
Cruisin single awaiting mamogram clarification

Celebrations and Shoutouts

Surfside lifeguard Keith Pinto laid to rest
2 BHB with passengers
Front Line Health Care Workers
Bon Voyage Atexsix, dobiemom, travelingbuns, and Lafnvegas
Getaway for segarsmoker
Tioga Cruiser on a road trip
Overhead Fred back at cottage
Crabbi Patti and DH testing negative
Ancient Wanderer headed for Alaska
Cruising-along DD and DSIL heading close to home
and Staff Captain Sabine, HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

Roy

Thanks for the care and shout out lists.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Good Morning Everyone, thanks for the daily report.  It seems like CC and my iPad are playing nice today.  Today’s meal suggestion sounds and DH will take two portions.  We certainly like bacon cooked nice and crispy.  Had some in my omelette this morning and picked up some at the store during my early grocery shopping spree.  Today’s quote is a good one.  I hope everyone has a nice Saturday.

The difference between cats and dogs.

image.thumb.png.0110e0661880a70347583ccd10ac5fe0.png

• Like 16
  • Haha 11