The Fleet Report and Daily for Tuesday June 28th, 2022

richwmn

11 hours ago, dfish said:

Today's meal sounds like a good one.  In the first recipe you get the whole meal with an acceptable number of carbs as it uses spaghetti squash instead of noodles.  You could use regular spaghetti noodles if you wanted.  https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/chicken-florentine-meatballs/

1797115644_chickenflorentinemeatballs1.jpg.dedb85da91ce33c67d48b5ef1531828f.jpg

This next one looks a little green, but that is because of the spinach.   I'll bet the meatballs taste divine.  https://www.jessicagavin.com/chicken-florentine-meatballs-recipe/

oh my those look really good.  Might have to try recipe.

• Like 7

9 hours ago, Cruising-along said:

Here are some of my photos from our day in Akureyri.

First from the botanical gardens.  Everything grows big in Iceland!

382114965_pinkflowers.jpg.944e800f9070ed83772c65eaca776c93.jpg

Godafoss Waterfall

758213819_Godafosswaterfall.jpg.6be6a328921af60cb3bb8f1c70d4bf60.jpg

aw thanks for the photos.  I narrowed down to my two favs.

Hope to see this waterfall next year when I take my cruise on NCL Prima that starts in Iceland,

• Like 11

11 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Great news that he's home but still need more recovery.  What's the status of his aide?

Roy

7 hours ago, USN59-79 said:

@Cruising-along mentioned looking for insurance for an upcoming cruise.  I have heard good things about a USAA affiliate, but have not used them.  If you are a USAA member, you can access it from their website.  I will admit that we have never bought insurance in all of our cruises but am considering it for our upcoming cruise in March.

Ray

The aide was positive but didn’t stay here. I’ve had 3 negative tests.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, aliaschief said:

Nope. Locked neighbors front door with key. Walked home and haven’t found them since. Checked clothes, laundry hamper, under chair I sit in. Walked back to neighbors house seven times looking for them. Nothing! Neighbors return tonight so I have one cat feeding to go. I have spent at least two hours searching.

Neighbors think it’s funny. A mystery!

Try closing your eyes and picture the last time you had them. See yourself walking home. What room did you go into? When you find them maybe we can find Sams gold watch that is still missing.

• Like 12

2 hours ago, Sharon in AZ said:

I love today’s meal suggestion and thank you for the recipes Debbie @dfish. I have made a similar recipe that I really liked. https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/meatballs-with-garlic-yogurt-and-chimichurri-5660355

Spinach isn’t in the title but it’s definitely in the recipe. I used chicken but the recipe calls for Turkey. I didn’t make the chimichurri, just the yogurt sauce and it was so yummy with the meatballs. I like it because it’s different and doesn’t use pasta.  Reminds me that I need to add this to my menu planning. 

That  recipe looks really good, too!   Thanks for sharing it.

@mamaofamiI'm glad to hear Sam is out of the hospital!   

@kazuI'm pulling for all of your flights to go forward so you get home.   

I did go to the hairdresser yesterday and I went blonde.  We didn't have time to do another layer of color, so I'm going to think on this for a while.  IMG_1489.thumb.jpg.24c708f339d56fcf65a687fd4cc7d302.jpg

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, dfish said:

I did go to the hairdresser yesterday and I went blonde.  We didn't have time to do another layer of color, so I'm going to think on this for a while.  IMG_1489.thumb.jpg.24c708f339d56fcf65a687fd4cc7d302.jpg

I like 👍 👍 

I’m sitting at Pearson. Flight has been changed twice since I got here.  Now I get on at 2 AM.  I am betting dollars to donuts it doesn’t go.

Story tomorrow at 11.  It gets more and more interesting - LOL

• Like 8
  • Thanks 10

3 minutes ago, kazu said:

I like 👍 👍 

I’m sitting at Pearson. Flight has been changed twice since I got here.  Now I get on at 2 AM.  I am betting dollars to donuts it doesn’t go.

2 AM?   You are making me very tired.  Do you have a hotel back up?

Edited by dfish
  • Like 7

3 minutes ago, dfish said:

2 AM?   You are making me very tired.  Do you have a hotel back up?

That’s not a normal time for arrival at our Mickey Mouse airport and it is pretty much shut down.  Hopefully I can get a cab at at that time.  Guess I will find out.  

The picture is getting greyer and greyer and I am betting the flight gets cancelled.  I guess, we’ll see.  I have enough in my carry on to get me through the night.  I am not imposing on my friends at 11 pm to come get me.They have done more than enough.

We’ll see I guess.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3

19 minutes ago, kazu said:

That’s not a normal time for arrival at our Mickey Mouse airport and it is pretty much shut down.  Hopefully I can get a cab at at that time.  Guess I will find out.  

The picture is getting greyer and greyer and I am betting the flight gets cancelled.  I guess, we’ll see.  I have enough in my carry on to get me through the night.  I am not imposing on my friends at 11 pm to come get me.They have done more than enough.

We’ll see I guess.

YYZ has been a nightmare recently!

• Like 7

47 minutes ago, dfish said:

Love the blonde!

39 minutes ago, kazu said:

I like 👍 👍 

Oh dear!  Like Debbie said this makes me tired. Keep us updated. Thinking of you. 

• Like 8

@kazuI am so sorry that you are having airplane woes!  I can sleep on a floor, but not in a chair.  So I hope you can get some rest in the airport too.

@St Pete CruiserSo sorry about the appendix.  Mine ruptured years ago, around 9 a.m. surgery was done at 3 that afternoon.  When I came to, I found that my friends had tied balloons to my toes. This is one of those surgeries, you just cant laugh after.  I am glad that you were well taken care of.

DH and I had a wonderful time at the Atlanta History Center.  The bus driver, and the center manager had a disagreement on how to get there, and she was yelling at him the whole ride up to the Museum.  the trip back to the center was quieter, as he told her, to shut up, he knew how to get back.  A rather convoluted way, but we got back all safe and sound.  We enjoyed the Museum, gardens and Swan House so much, I ended up getting a membership, and DH and I have agreed to go the last Tuesday of every month for a year.  It really isn't very far away, it's just not that easy to get to.  The Bush paintings were interesting, but the story of each painting if fascinating.  I ended up buying the book because I did like George Bush the first.  And because while you can download it to your phone, Im too blind to appreciate a painting I cant see, and try to read something so small.

I'm actually not feeling all that well tonight, so Goodnight Angels-

206504-Dreams-Come-True.jpg

Edited by marshhawk
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 1

i am going to try to post this while my internet provider lets me.  I have tried all day to post and keep getting knocked off.

The internet in this area is awful and there is nothing we can do about it because Hargray has a monopoly in the area.

So rather than enumerate everyone, please know that I am praying for all of you and cheering with those celebrating.

Love you all.

God Bless,

Terri

• Like 16

5 hours ago, durangoscots said:

Well, if you do find them, please let us know. Believe me, we have all had this happen one way or another. My second set of car keys disappeared..... I finally had another set made at great expense and then one day, magically, they reappeared in a drawer I had searched several times. 

I'm glad the keys reappeared.  I had that happen, only it was a gold necklace we'd bought in Greece.  I found it in the drawer I'd searched numerous times, but only after we'd replaced on another stop in Greece.  The good news is the DDs don't have to fight over it since there is one for each.  😃

1 hour ago, dfish said:

Debbie, I like the blonde.  Added color would jazz it up a notch ot two.

1 hour ago, kazu said:

I like 👍 👍 

Jacqui, what a mess.  I hope the plane takes off or, you can get the one in the morning.  Hope you get some rest tonight.  All the mess with flying is why we ruled out b2b2b2b cruises on Zaandam this summer.  Right now, it looks like any  cruises will be out of San Diego or LA during the winter.  Both are easy drives from Quartzsite.

27 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

@kazuI am so sorry that you are having airplane woes!  I can sleep on a floor, but not in a chair.  So I hope you can get some rest in the airport too.

@St Pete CruiserSo sorry about the appendix.  Mine ruptured years ago, around 9 a.m. surgery was done at 3 that afternoon.  When I came to, I found that my friends had tied balloons to my toes. This is one of those surgeries, you just cant laugh after.  I am glad that you were well taken care of.

DH and I had a wonderful time at the Atlanta History Center.  The bus driver, and the center manager had a disagreement on how to get there, and she was yelling at him the whole ride up to the Museum.  the trip back to the center was quieter, as he told her, to shut up, he knew how to get back.  A rather convoluted way, but we got back all safe and sound.  We enjoyed the Museum, gardens and Swan House so much, I ended up getting a membership, and DH and I have agreed to go the last Tuesday of every month for a year.  It really isn't very far away, it's just not that easy to get to.  The Bush paintings were interesting, but the story of each painting if fascinating.  I ended up buying the book because I did like George Bush the first.  And because while you can download it to your phone, Im too blind to appreciate a painting I cant see, and try to read something so small.

I'm actually not feeling all that well tonight, so Goodnight Angels-

206504-Dreams-Come-True.jpg

Ann, I'm glad you both had a good time at the Atlanta History Center.  Like the story about the bus driver and the guide.  Get some rest, and I hope you feel better in the morning.

Lenda

Edited by Quartzsite Cruiser
  • Like 10

3 hours ago, USN59-79 said:

Let us know what you find out.  I started using them more than 50 years ago in 1970 when I was promoted to officer; prior to that they didn't deal with ordinary enlisted people.  The travel insurance is actually handled by Travel Insured International, which us part of Crum and Forster Insurance Company.  Sara's first job in the United States,  when we lived near San Francisco in 1964 was with that company. Surprising what you can learn when searching the internet.

Ray 

I will! DH worked today but will be home tomorrow and he plans to contact them then.

1 hour ago, dfish said:

Debbie I love it just the way it is now!  Beautiful color.

1 hour ago, kazu said:

OMG Jacqui!  I hope you can get some rest tonight.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Cruising-along said:

OMG Jacqui!  I hope you can get some rest tonight.

You think 3 hours will do?  I have to be there 3 hours before for the flight i know has been delayed 2 hours every day so far 😡 

Same plane I needed go get here and of course, I am so tired now it will be tough to sleep.  Hotel is decent though.  It is just too much.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5

15 hours ago, kazu said:

She showed us a covid trick she had learned from a nurse friend.  Clap your hands to put the candles out rather than blowing them out.

Nice trick!
I stopped eating cake when someone blew out the candles LONG before Covid. Some people would think I was being rude to not eat it but I didn’t care.  A nice change is when a cupcake with a candle is there to blow out. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Wow I’m sorry to hear about Jacqui’s flight problems. That is ridiculous!  We are almost ready to meet at our disembarkation spot so we can take the transfer to Heathrow. Our 2:05 pm flight has been delayed 30 minutes according to an email from Delta. Let’s see how many delays we can rack up today!  I don’t want my neighbor having to pick us up in the middle of the night either. 

Praying that the airlines begin to shape up soon with all these staffing issues. 

On another note our cruise friends from Arizona made it to Southampton yesterday 5 hours late due to hydraulic problems. Thus they missed their National Express bus reservation.  They did make it eventually!  They are boarding the Island Princess today as we get off. 

Have a great Wednesday everyone!  

• Like 11

45 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Wow I’m sorry to hear about Jacqui’s flight problems. That is ridiculous!  We are almost ready to meet at our disembarkation spot so we can take the transfer to Heathrow. Our 2:05 pm flight has been delayed 30 minutes according to an email from Delta. Let’s see how many delays we can rack up today!  I don’t want my neighbor having to pick us up in the middle of the night either. 

Praying that the airlines begin to shape up soon with all these staffing issues. 

On another note our cruise friends from Arizona made it to Southampton yesterday 5 hours late due to hydraulic problems. Thus they missed their National Express bus reservation.  They did make it eventually!  They are boarding the Island Princess today as we get off. 

Have a great Wednesday everyone!  

Best wishes for a safe and smooth journey home with no delays.

Graham.

• Like 3

I think @kazu's inbound flight is on the way.  I THINK this is her plane's schedule:

Syndney, NS 6:05 ADT

Arr Toronto 7:45 EDT

Lv Toronto 8:30 EDT

Arrive Saint John 11:20 ADT

The flight is in the air running about 20 minutes late.

Roy

• Like 9

16 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

I think @kazu's inbound flight is on the way.  I THINK this is her plane's schedule:

Syndney, NS 6:05 ADT

Arr Toronto 7:45 EDT

Lv Toronto 8:30 EDT

Arrive Saint John 11:20 ADT

The flight is in the air running about 20 minutes late.

Roy

I think you have it Roy.

I’ll be shocked if it leaves on time.  But you need to be here very early to get through the security kerfluffle.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

@mamaofami Good news about Sam.

@dfish  The blonde looks great.

@St Pete Cruiser Sorry about the appendix and glad you're home.  I had a perforated appendix a few years ago and an appendectomy on Christmas Eve.  I spent Christmas Day and Boxing Day in the hospital.  We were out of town visiting family, but at least I was in Ontario.

@kazu Hope you get home today.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, dfish said:

May I suggest a lovely streak of Northern Lights?  Purple or green would be lovely. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, kazu said:

I think you have it Roy.

I’ll be shocked if it leaves on time.  But you need to be here very early to get through the security kerfluffle.

Jacqui, hoping you at least are starting to board by now. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1