Diamond Vouchers No Longer Available on Disembarkation Day?

indy212

Have been able to successfully use the vouchers on disembarkation morning...for a Bloody Mary or two...on Ovation, Navigator, Symphony, Odyssey, and Voyager 

* One exception was on the Liberty, last fall, out of Galveston...nope.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bonsai3s said:

Have been able to successfully use the vouchers on disembarkation morning...for a Bloody Mary or two...on Ovation, Navigator, Symphony, Odyssey, and Voyager 

* One exception was on the Liberty, last fall, out of Galveston...nope.

that might have more to do with the liquor laws in Texas 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, SilkySal said:

We've been able to get drinks off of our "packages" on disembarkation day but have never tried using Diamond drinks, as I would not think that would be possible. Hmmm, maybe I'll try it next time out of curiosity. I can see one being able to use the Diamond drinks on turnaround day for a B2B but not if leaving the ship. Anxious to hear other experiences too.

Same here.  We always have the package and can get drinks in WJ on disembarkation day all the time.  Never tried to use our Vouchers on that day since we always have the package.

22 hours ago, yogimax said:

No big deal, IMHO.

One thing I've learned about this forum is never, ever utter these words about people's "included" food and drinks.

It can be a bologna sandwich that is 200 miles by foot and only available at 3 am. You will hear a justification on why this is needed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Joebucks said:

It can be a bologna sandwich that is 200 miles by foot and only available at 3 am. You will hear a justification on why this is needed.

Why does someone need to justify why they enjoy something?

• Like 3

On 9/20/2022 at 4:20 PM, c-leg5 said:

Whilst I am not surprised by that, the vouchers are either on the card, or not. There shouldn't be any ambiguity.

On Wonder in August a bartender once told me I had no vouchers left on my card, when I hadn't gotten a drink that day at all.  He ended up using two vouchers on my wife's card.  But for the rest of the day, none of the other bartenders had any issues seeing the vouchers on my card.

Perhaps some sort of software issue?  It does seem like the bartenders have to hit a bunch of buttons to find the vouchers.

I had a one other time when I ended up unknowingly getting charged instead of a voucher being used.  The Diamond Concierge was able to clear that up for me.

Coming next....

"We've heard you!  Beginning immediately, all beverage packages will have an 8th day added to allow all our guests to enjoy their included beverages the morning they disembark, beginning at midnight.  We'll simply add the charge for the 8th day to all onboard accounts for existing packages and any new packages bought will have the 8th day charge added as well.  Thank you for your input!"

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Husky1987 said:

Coming next....

"We've heard you!  Beginning immediately, all beverage packages will have an 8th day added to allow all our guests to enjoy their included beverages the morning they disembark, beginning at midnight.  We'll simply add the charge for the 8th day to all onboard accounts for existing packages and any new packages bought will have the 8th day charge added as well.  Thank you for your input!"

Beverage packages already work on disembarkation day.... but you don't have to pay for an 8th day, because you don't use the early morning of embarkation day, so that offsets the morning of disembarkation day. 

On 9/20/2022 at 2:55 PM, indy212 said:

I was on Independence this past weekend but on disembarkation day I tried to get a mimosa in the main dining room at breakfast and was told no vouchers that day.  I was subsequently charged for my drink as I still wanted it. I previously used in July on disembarkation day.

We don’t drink so use for lattes and juices.  Never had a problem getting that last latte before disembarking.  Maybe there’s a potential liability issue in giving potentially 4 or 5 alcoholic beverages to someone immediately before disembarking if they are driving. 

• Like 1

On 9/20/2022 at 9:03 PM, bilyclub said:

I would think if it happens a lot more the bean counters will put an end to it.  Can't wait until the fleet is out of hock and things get back to normal.

Yep... all those fifty cent drinks can add up.

On 9/20/2022 at 1:55 PM, indy212 said:

I was on Independence this past weekend but on disembarkation day I tried to get a mimosa in the main dining room at breakfast and was told no vouchers that day.  I was subsequently charged for my drink as I still wanted it. I previously used in July on disembarkation day.

Maybe it varys. I wanted a fresh squeezed juice and was told not on disembark day  .. next time it was of course sure here it is np. I was doing b2b and had both answers 2 different times. 

• Like 1