The Fleet Report and Daily for Monday October 31st, 2022

richwmn

2 minutes ago, kazu said:

No it’s not the knee - it’s my foot.  I got jostled a bit at the Palau Guell on the very last step.  I reached to try to get a foot hold (no railing) and  the last step blends and is the same colour and blends into the main floor.

I went down with a twisted foot screaming.  After 20 minutes of ice pack my BIL (who is good at this stuff) gave me support to see if I could stand and I screamed again,

Palau Guell came with a wheel chair to lent to get me to the clinic.  

The doctor said I “think” its not broke (after 4 X-Rays). Scary she tested some of my foot.  But said it was torn, sprained and strained.  They gave me crutches  but I  can’t even use them as the foot won’t tolerate anyting.

so a wheel chair for at last 3 days and then God willing it will be improved enough

But so far she / he hasn’t been kind to me.

Guess it is time for another pain pill and see if I can get more ice and in my room on my own,,

I'm very sorry to hear this.  Sorry I misunderstood what the exact issue was, but it sounds just awful.  I do hope things begin to improve.  Not very reassuring to hear she "thinks" it's not broken.  But let's hope it's not!  Praying for a rapid improvement!!!

• Like 14

Good afternoon, @kazuI am sorry to hear your news. I know how much you want to explore Barcelona, but you need to rest so you can board the ship and enjoy the crossing. Perhaps you may want to request assistance for boarding and a shower seat for the cabin. ❤️🙏

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, kazu said:

Thanks all,  struggling to type and sick with the pain and med,  Apologies  - & thanks for understanding.

Wishing you all the best and hoping that with ice and rest you can enjoy much of your cruise. This year has not been kind to you!

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Jaqui, I hope your ankle heals quickly and you are able to enjoy the cruise in a few days.  Gerry, I hope your travel problems work out and you are able to make it in time for the cruise.  I think this cruise is haunted with the troubles you both are having before it even starts.  Thoughts and prayers for both of you and I do hope you are both able to enjoy the cruise.  Bon Voyage.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

@kazu I am so sorry to hear about your foot. I hope the pain eases up and you are able to enjoy your trip. You have had so many terrible things happening to you, you deserve something good now. Prayers for you.

@ger_77hope your flights get worked out today.

To everyone with medical or other issues, prayers for you. Joy to those with something to celebrate.

Sandy

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

@kazu  Jacqui,  a big OH NO!  I'm so sorry you fell and hurt your ankle.  I hiope the ice and pain meds kick in soon,  That and elevating and resting the ankle may help too.  Wish I could wave my magic wand and make it all better, but even on Halloween it seems to be broken.

@ger_77  Gerry, I hope you get some good news about your flights soon.  Again, if only the magic wand was working.  

Sending both Jacqui and Gerry good and positive thoughts for improvement.

Lenda

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Do you close on the new house today or tomorrow?

Roy

We closed this morning and got the keys and garage door remote.  We then went over to the house with our realtor and checked things out.   Our realtor is having the carpets cleaned on Wednesday.   

10 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

We understand about the Wi-Fi Debbie!  Good luck today at the closing of your new house, and I hope you have a nice weather day for moving in later this week. 

Closing went very well.  We were done in 20 minutes with no glitches.   Cash sales are the best.

9 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

🎃 🎃 HAPPY HALLOWEEN!  🎃 🎃

The meal sounds good, and @dfish  Debbie, don't worry about the recipe today.  I'll pass on the drink, but the wine might be good.

@dfish  Debbie, good luck with the closing today, and the move this week

Thank you, Lenda!   We are so excited!  

8 hours ago, ottahand7 said:

@dfishI hope you are getting settled in Michigan and your wifi is on tomorrow.     

It was a problem with the hotel wifi.  We ended up there because my sister who lives in town has Covid right now.  The wifi came on and off like a flickering light.

6 hours ago, kazu said:

Good morning everyone.- is it still morning there?

Before I attempt to get off the roof top bar ( they let me leave the door open thankfully) and  get into my room (which doesn’t stay open and is ver heavy) If I can’t - it means I need to ask ask the hotel for help

sorry I can’t multi post and admittedly too depressed after a long day yesterday. This is my life right now:

9FAC3AF5-22A4-4A28-8AC8-89BF2D923032.thumb.jpeg.0cca382775d5c3f9643b171b590dbd24.jpeg

338AC085-AF39-4016-BF38-CB35A09165EB.thumb.jpeg.473fdc9ea862d1eda386f99dcb5f0c64.jpeg

I have paid for my tours but I am not having someone having to push me on cobble stones.  I am in tears.  Now to see if I can get back to my room and ice bucket to get more ice.  Otherwise I will call.  I guess this was the 3rd thing.  My room has 3 balconies - maybe I should just jump 😉 

If I go to the HC room there are none and no view.  But the door is the same.  Pondering and depressed.

Sorry.

I did read all the posts and my heart goes out to you all but the pain pills don’t help. 

hugs to all in pain and to those with challenges from Barcelona.

Oh, my gosh, Jacqui!   No, no, no.   Do not jump off the balcony.  That is way too messy.  If you brought a swim suit, use the pool.  That helps tremendously.   I did something similar with a step years ago in Paris on the way to pick up a sister at the airport.  We were starting on our Sound of Music tour.  The first day I could not put any weight on it.  It was pretty bad the whole time I was there, but the last day we had a pool and I went in.  It didn't hurt in the pool and it actually helped it.  Hope you heal quickly!

@marshhawk Thank you so much for posting a recipe for today's meal.  That is one of the recipes I had picked out!

Edited by dfish
  • Like 25
  • Thanks 1