The Fleet Report and Daily for Wednesday November 30th, 2022

richwmn

41 minutes ago, Cruzin Terri said:

i don’t know where your dealership is but I had the same experience yesterday. Car was ready but the guy went to lunch and i had to wait until he came back to get my car.  The Daily saved my sanity as well.  I was there for 3 1/2 hours.  I could not imagine what was taking so long for routine maintenence.

Terri

Terri

I am so sorry we had similar experiences. But I would have been more upset with your experience. How inconsiderate of your guy to go off like that. At least my issue was caused by a system.

My dealership is in Daytona. It is about 30 minutes from me. 

• Like 16

Good morning, everyone!

The temperature is supposed to drop all day, so I want to do my laps early while it is warmer.  We're also supposed to get some strong winds later in the day.  Well, maybe the winds won't wait until later.  I can hear them already.  

@kazu Jacqui, I am glad to hear the foot is slowly improving.  Bad sprains can take forever.  

Today's meal is a great one.  I haven't had pork chops in ages.  When I was in high school I used to make pork chops and scalloped potatoes for dinner at least once a week during the winter months.  Haven't made them since.  This first recipe doesn't include the apple, but that can easily be added.  Pork chops and apples do seem to go together.  https://www.womansday.com/food-recipes/food-drinks/recipes/a12094/pork-chops-balsamic-braised-cabbage-recipe-wdy0113/1324262967_porkchopsbraisedcabbage1.jpg.11c2f8dfc78ffd2a4f1819b88ec6b94b.jpg

This next one is a one skillet dish, so very little to clean up afterwards.  It also has the apples included, but uses apple cider vinegar.  Balsamic can be used instead.  https://www.wyseguide.com/pork-chops-with-cabbage-and-apples/

745636539_porkchopsbraisedcabbage2.thumb.jpg.383965601dbb8ad9970e3fcf3929bd29.jpg

Here is one last version with some tips on things you can add to the dish depending on your tastes.  https://www.melissassouthernstylekitchen.com/braised-pork-chops-cabbage-apples/

615651347_porkchopsbraisedcabbage3.thumb.jpg.a0bebeaaff4b23444203ea835a2d6456.jpg

Wishing you all a wonderful day!

• Like 23
  • Thanks 9

10 minutes ago, aliaschief said:

On a second thought as I was getting ready for trip I realized I’m not fit to fly. I have had a head cold that everyone has experienced when granddaughter brought home from pre school. My head is draining like a sieve and I’ve been hacking up phlegm enough that I have strained a chest muscle. Everyone has tested negative for Covid since this started and all negative. It’s a barnstormer head cold that I don’t need to spread around.

We will try to fly home again Monday. 

Bruce

I am so sorry to hear you aren’t feeling well. Bless you for deciding not to share your germs. 

• Like 23

Good Morning Everyone, thanks for the daily fleet report.  Today’s meal suggestion sounded like a winner and @dfish confirmed that thought.  Computer security is a huge issue, along with all devices.  Ransomware is a huge problem for hospitals and is a leading reason why I get pulled into crisis calls.

image.thumb.png.6cd79f143e48fffe1879c891be0817ff.png

• Like 11
  • Haha 22

Good Wednesday Night from the Noordam

@Quartzsite Cruiser I am so pleased to hear that your DH is coming home. I hope he continues to do well. You are both in my prayers. 
       @MISTER 67 Glad you are back out on the course. Be careful and “hi Tim straight”! 
     As much as I am loving every minute of this trip, I do miss golf. I will need to take lessons when I return!

@Lady Hudsonhave a wonderful trip ! 
       We will be in Geraldton in the morning. First time for Noordam at this port. We were in Exmouth yesterday but that is a story for another time. 
     We are wearing masks on the ship, tenders. Don’t know what the numbers are but they are real skiddish because of the Princess ship. It’s ok, really used to it and my family has stayed well  ( knock wood)

stay safe and enjoy today

Charlene 

• Like 28
  • Thanks 1

Happy Wednesday Morning Dailyites!  I slept awfully last night, squirrels in the brain, and way too much coffee.  Got to sleep after 2 and woke up at 7:45.  It poured buckets last night, and at least in this area, that was as bad that it got.  Prayers out to those west of Georgia.

I heard from the Hollywood Bowl yesterday, wanting to know if I was available to start work at the end of January.  I knew my current boss did not want to lose me to the Bowl, so I reached out to him,  to get his permission to split my hours.  After he yelled and screamed via text, he asked me what I wanted to do.  I told him I wanted to work with both of them, but if it meant being dropped out of his campaigns I would stay with him.  At the most he only gives me 20 hours, and with that cruise in May and Greece and the transatlantic in October and November, I need the extra money.  I also know that if the bowl wants me for more hours, they will get their way.  He agreed with that, and complained some more.  But this a a campaign that brings in over 4 million a year.  Big campaigns win over little campaigns.

Enough about work.  What will be, will be.  I really need to wake up!  

@aliaschiefI hope you start feeling better soon.  I'm wondering with all these new variants if our existing tests actually can catch them?  Right now, you sound like how I have been doing for the last 3 years.  I should have bought stock in Kleenex.  

@kazuI am glad that your foot is doing better.  

@Quartzsite CruiserI am hoping that tomorrow is the release of DH day, sounds like it is-can you get your kids back for a couple of days to help out?

@dfishIt sounds like your move was a perfect fit for you.  I'm glad that you are enjoying your new home.  I am going to show the recipes to DH today, if a meal involves pork chops, he's all in.  And then I'll make him make it.

0f01bb06aef6008770757ec172a33d2e.jpg

ba5b627465e48c98d976111f33fd3c75.jpg

• Like 14
  • Haha 15

Happy Hump Day!   We will be heading out in an hour to visit DB and hopefully make the last Costco visit before we hit the road to FL 12/22.   I will have a report about his progress later.  @Quartzsite CruiserGreat news that Steve is going to be released to home.  I am sure you will be so happy to have him home with you.   

Thanks for the Fleet and Daily Reports!    A great quote.   I have been diligent in doing computer security on my laptop.    I have Norton that came with my latest one.   It is fairly unobtrusive versus the AVG we used to use.    Yesterday DF John gave me an early birthday gift, a new battery for my Dell computer.   I bought a Costco floor model for $500 off a year ago.  One of the hazards of floor models is they sit on a charger constantly and that really shortens the battery life.   He had to open up the back of the computer and installed.  All is good.   Here is another kind of moose, thanks for the hint @RedneckBob!  I took her picture driving back to the cabin through my truck window. 

Moose 71219.jpg

• Like 25

59 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

I have an 8 am dentist appt. My teeth were cleaned the day before Thanksgiving and I still have a swollen gum. Just want to be sure it's ok. Do not want problems while we are away.

This is a good idea, says the person who had to have an implant removed in Copenhagen this summer. It had been giving trouble but it felt like a gum infection.

Are we sure that National Mousse Day refers to food and not to hair? Yesterday in Petsmart there was a dog wearing antlers, but putting antler headgear on a dog does not make it a moose, or a reindeer.

I will pass on the pork chop but lamb shanks would be OK.

1136141458_Christmaspastparticiple.jpg.f23f4b9d82153b44387a97879c00bf1a.jpg

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 14

6 minutes ago, ottahand7 said:

Happy Hump Day!   We will be heading out in an hour to visit DB and hopefully make the last Costco visit before we hit the road to FL 12/22.   I will have a report about his progress later.  @Quartzsite CruiserGreat news that Steve is going to be released to home.  I am sure you will be so happy to have him home with you.   

Thanks for the Fleet and Daily Reports!    A great quote.   I have been diligent in doing computer security on my laptop.    I have Norton that came with my latest one.   It is fairly unobtrusive versus the AVG we used to use.    Yesterday DF John gave me an early birthday gift, a new battery for my Dell computer.   I bought a Costco floor model for $500 off a year ago.  One of the hazards of floor models is they sit on a charger constantly and that really shortens the battery life.   He had to open up the back of the computer and installed.  All is good.   Here is another kind of moose, thanks for the hint @RedneckBob!  I took her picture driving back to the cabin through my truck window. 

Moose 71219.jpg

Instead of too much mousse, moose on the loose.

• Like 5
  • Haha 4

18 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

I leave soon for my post cruise PCR test but here's a link to my post on Fortaleza:

https://morethangetaways.wordpress.com/2019/03/04/day-p58-sunday-march-3-2019-fortaleza-brazil/

Roy

We stopped at Fortaleza in Feb 2017 on the Veendam.  Read Roy's post and his pics.  Yes, it did have the new cruise port terminal in 2017 and was a good stop for us.

• Like 14

@dfishtodays pork chop recipes look wonderful.  I had just ripped a recipe out of Cooks Country for pork chops with prunes.   It looks tasty.   I have a freezer full of pork so I am looking for new recipes.  I will pass on the drink and take my Beam neat.   That Chilean wine looks good too.  @rafinmdthanks for the photos of Fortaleza, we will be there February 25th.  We have nothing planned so your photos looks like a walk around it appropriate for that port.  @StLouisCruisersthanks for the comments on Alter Do Chao, we have nothing booked there either and if it is really hot we may stay aboard.   I put a note in the itinerary I have printed about the issues in the port.  Thank you for sharing the Gingerbread Village photos, along with @lindalerwe will be able to enjoy in on the New Year's cruise.   

@aliaschiefI hope that you feel better soon and that it isn't Covid.    @kazuSo happy to hear your foot is slowly getting better!   Prayers for all on our care list and for the people of Ukraine.  DF showed me a 3 minute video of Ukrainians using their US provided Javelin missiles to attack a convoy of Russian tanks and Humvee type vehicles.   Not a single missed.   Probably 30 vehicles wiped out.  

Have a wonderful day and a shout out for everyone getting ready to go on a cruise!   Nancy 

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1

Good  morning  to all.Rain is starting here  with a temperature  drop and winds arriving later .I will salute  all of the days and have not been to the port. The recipes look delicious,thanks  so much  Debbie  @dfish.

@kazu, Jacqui. I am very happy to hear  that your foot is improving.I hope the predicted ice does not come to your area.

@Lady Hudson, Katherine,  Bon Voyage  to you and your DH .

@aliaschiefBruce, Sorry you had to change your plans but I am sure it is for the best.Feel better soon.

We are coping with a few issues here that are worrying.Tana has a fever and  will see the Hospice nurse today. She rarely complains  but did tell me this morning that  she  feels unwell.

I had an MRI of my hip Monday and it disclosed several  things that prompted  the Doc to get me an ortho appointment  fairly soon. I will see that Doctor  December  13 or sooner if there is a cancelation. Usually one can wait 2 or 3 months for an appointment. 

Anyway, I hope everyone  has an enjoyable  day.

• Like 19
  • Thanks 8

Good morning all. I was up a good portion of last night. Phone alerts going off. Wind swirling around at 70mph, and rain like a fire hose was covering my house. Lightning and thunder had no breaks between the strikes, just continuous booming and lighting the whole house. I never lost power and one of my sons was worried enough that we were comparing information from news about the spotted tornadoes on our phones.  He knew I would be awake during the storm. But today is calm and we have received no visible damage.  School are out or delayed, some buildings were torn apart but the storm is over for now. And the sun is even peaking out and it is 70 degrees. I have my first cup of coffee after going back to sleep for a few hours. Life is good. Hope others are doing ok in the storm that is up in the northwest and northeast. 

Edited by lindaler
  • Like 21
  • Thanks 4

2 hours ago, Cruzin Terri said:

i don’t know where your dealership is but I had the same experience yesterday. Car was ready but the guy went to lunch and i had to wait until he came back to get my car.  The Daily saved my sanity as well.  I was there for 3 1/2 hours.  I could not imagine what was taking so long for routine maintenence.

Terri

Glad I did not get caught in the car service cycle. I was in and out in 45 minutes. If it had taken hours I would have been very worried.

Susan

• Like 16

It has been absolutely pouring rain here since around 4:30 this morning. Non stop.  It's also been very windy.  

My car is in our shop for an oil change today.  I went out there and walked under the car to see what the underneath looked like as far as rust, etc.  Not bad for an 8 year old car with less than 100,000 Km.  It is parked outside year round.  

• Like 23

49 minutes ago, smitty34877 said:

Good  morning  to all.Rain is starting here  with a temperature  drop and winds arriving later .I will salute  all of the days and have not been to the port. The recipes look delicious,thanks  so much  Debbie  @dfish.

@kazu, Jacqui. I am very happy to hear  that your foot is improving.I hope the predicted ice does not come to your area.

@Lady Hudson, Katherine,  Bon Voyage  to you and your DH .

@aliaschiefBruce, Sorry you had to change your plans but I am sure it is for the best.Feel better soon.

We are coping with a few issues here that are worrying.Tana has a fever and  will see the Hospice nurse today. She rarely complains  but did tell me this morning that  she  feels unwell.

I had an MRI of my hip Monday and it disclosed several  things that prompted  the Doc to get me an ortho appointment  fairly soon. I will see that Doctor  December  13 or sooner if there is a cancelation. Usually one can wait 2 or 3 months for an appointment. 

Anyway, I hope everyone  has an enjoyable  day.

Will be thinking only the most positive thoughts for both you and Tana.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

I am dragging a bit this morning -- probably because I know I have a shelter BOD meeting this evening and they are not something to look forward to. I wish if people would volunteer to be on a Board they would learn about the organization. Anyway, nothing that should start an argument on the agenda.... although you never know. We do have to review the employee health insurance plan and that is never fun.

Was 7F when the dogs and I went out and little Monty absolutely refused to do his business. I brought him back in, fed him in his crate and then took him back out. He was much more cooperative. We should get into the low 40's today and then it is headed to the 50's on the weekend with rain.

I am so envious of those on the Amazon cruise. When I did the Grand SA years ago the Boi Bomba was one of the highlights. The costumes!!!!!!

Good health all. @Quartzsite CruiserI know you will be glad to have DH home. @kazuTake it easy on the foot and avoid ice at all costs.

Susan

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, St Pete Cruiser said:

We stopped at Fortaleza in Feb 2017 on the Veendam.  Read Roy's post and his pics.  Yes, it did have the new cruise port terminal in 2017 and was a good stop for us.

My impression was that it was probably more appropriate for beach people.

Roy

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Good morning, 

Well the snowstorm in this area fizzled out. We got wind and rain overnight but just a slight dusting of the white stuff. 

I got the tree up yesterday and the lights on. The facility called mid-afternoon and told me that they'd gone in DH's room and he was sitting on the floor. He wanted to get in bed and was tired of waiting for them to help. He seemed to be fine and they were going to be monitoring him every 15 minutes. No follow up. calls so he should be ok. I called at 8:00 AM to ask to have the Wound Care team call me (they are only there on Wednesday) as DH has a deep tissue injury on his left heel. It's now 9:23 AM and no call (they are usually gone before 9:00) so we'll see if anything comes of it. Being an advocate takes a lot of work! 

Meanwhile I'll get a few things done here, let it warm up a bit and then head in to see DH and spend some time. 

Mousse - he loves the daily mousse specials in the Lido on a BHB! when we go for lunch I am asked to get him his mousse first so he has it while I get the rest of lunch and then he gets a second one for dessert! 

Karen

• Like 25
  • Thanks 1

Good morning and Happy Wednesday from Tucson. Even though it’s cool inside it’s going to be 74F later. I checked the forecast and next week it will be much cooler with possible rain this weekend. Craig isn’t done with the tree fluffing, he has two more rows to do but needs a break to rest his back. It’s still nice having the tree up even though the ornaments aren’t on yet.  I do admit to being a bit like the picture @Rowsbyposted. 

I will pass on the pork chops today. I think I’ll make tacos, enchiladas or pasta. I haven’t decided. I found a crockpot recipe for baked ziti that sounds good. You just mix all the ingredients together with the raw pasta. Sounds easy. I also have a whole chicken I want to spatchcock and smoke on the grill. Yesterday’s mussels were good as usual. The tarragon makes it. 
FEBA7021-A02A-4A9F-BB4C-800EF483F658.thumb.jpeg.44e29874c7a33de4a537871f8d07a4c6.jpeg

This picture came across my Facebook memories from 12 years ago. DGD was two — gosh I sure miss those days. 
1435C36E-89B2-4643-A770-B3C8CF0AAF6B.jpeg.12aeb12ee39dd7ff10d289b9afb0e7b4.jpeg

Look at all that curly hair!

Have a great day everyone!

• Like 27
  • Haha 1