The Fleet Report and Daily for Thursday December 1st, 2022

richwmn

Good morning everyone. My DH ‘s family was from Romania and we will celebrate independence here. World AIDS  Day is so important. I still vividly recall how awful it was in the beginning of the crisis when there were so many sick and dying AIDS patients. 
Tana has been diagnosed with pneumonia and the nurse started her on I V antibiotics  yesterday, I stayed with her last night as her breathing was more difficult than usual. The Hospice workers and nurses are truly wonderful people.

My hip situation is causing a lot of pain and difficulty walking. The MRI explained why and I am just glad there were no fractures or masses. I cannot get the dogs outside easily so that task has fallen to my DD and DSIL. I am just hoping that the surgeon will be able to replace the hip fairly soon.

Thanks  to all who offered their support. It really helps!

• Like 23
  • Thanks 6

7 minutes ago, smitty34877 said:

Good morning everyone. My DH ‘s family was from Romania and we will celebrate independence here. World AIDS  Day is so important. I still vividly recall how awful it was in the beginning of the crisis when there were so many sick and dying AIDS patients. 
Tana has been diagnosed with pneumonia and the nurse started her on I V antibiotics  yesterday, I stayed with her last night as her breathing was more difficult than usual. The Hospice workers and nurses are truly wonderful people.

My hip situation is causing a lot of pain and difficulty walking. The MRI explained why and I am just glad there were no fractures or masses. I cannot get the dogs outside easily so that task has fallen to my DD and DSIL. I am just hoping that the surgeon will be able to replace the hip fairly soon.

God bless Tana and her helpers. I'm sending wishes and hopes and positive thoughts to you as well. 

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

Rabbit, rabbit, white rabbit!

Good morning, everyone from a cold and blustery mid-Michigan.  At least there is no ice, so I can bundle up and do my morning walk.  Today's agenda is finding a hair salon for a haircut and switching auto insurance from Ohio to Michigan.  Then I can get the Michigan license plates and a Michigan driver's license.  Moving seems to be a never ending process.  

Today's meal sounds interesting.  I'd try the mustard glaze once and if I like it, go for it.  If not, I'll go back to Mom's recipe.  This recipe directs you to Good Housekeeping for the directions, but GH is a pay site and I'm not in the mood to pay them right now.  I think we can figure out what to do.  https://www.copymethat.com/r/kdwvPEd6K/mustard-crusted-mini-meatloaves-with-roa/

1434780767_minimeatloaves1.jpg.ef152093dac783057eb5c688ddbe8d1d.jpg

Martha Stewart not only gives us the ingredients, she provides directions as well!  https://www.marthastewart.com/336901/mini-honey-mustard-meatloaves-with-roast

1051130280_minimeatloaves2.jpg.f3cc2e4c094edaf261450f3754870d6a.jpg

Here is one with roasted potatoes, but apples could easily be added.   https://aggieskitchen.com/mini-honey-mustard-meatloaves-with-roasted-potatoes/

286349410_minimeatloaves4.thumb.jpg.1a9f336f73de029982e269900389bfd4.jpg

For those wanting a more traditional meatloaf, here it is in mini form:  https://www.melskitchencafe.com/glazed-mini-meatloaves/

1305756614_minimeatloaves3.jpg.0ea04d2385886dd65690487783f79716.jpg

Wishing you all a wonderful day!

• Like 26
  • Thanks 7

26 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

@kazu

Good luck on the lights.

image.png.0a6ccfa207d14b34bd91248f8bee3024.png

LOL - that might be exactly what happens 😉. I never did theclights - those were DH’s job.  I have pretty much decided to wait until Saturday unless there is a big change 😉. At least I can blame the foot, otherwise  I think it would be called procrastination 😂 

14 minutes ago, smitty34877 said:

Oh NO!  Hope the antibiotics help.  All my prayers for her 🙏 

14 minutes ago, smitty34877 said:

Double OH NO 😔. You have enough problems without this.  I hope the surgeon can help you very quickly and you do not have to suffer too much while you wait 🙏 

• Like 21
  • Thanks 2

30 minutes ago, MISTER 67 said:

Thanks RNB, hope you have a great cruise also.

The Punta Gorda area has grown, we lived in Bonita Springs for 17 years and then 10 years in Sebring and now 2 years here but I remember taking a ride from Bonita around 1994 to Punta Gorda and we said to each other "what a waste of time and gas", wasn't much to see and do so we turned around and hightailed it back to civilization.

Thanks. I worked in Naples, FL in the mid ‘80’s. Things were so slow in Naples, “How slow was it in Naples in the 1980’s RNB? Things were so slow that restaurants shutdown in the summer months due to lack of business. I had a fellow worker living in Bonita Springs and it was a pretty small community back then.

• Like 11
  • Haha 4

Good morning from a cold, windy but SUNNY day in SE Wisconsin.  Hugs and prayers for all that need them.  Everyone on a ship, or leaving soon...Have Fun!  We'll be on the Eurodam in February!  Norway would be one of the places I'd like to visit.  My mom's family was from there.  She went to heaven in 2020, so I'm making her Sandbakkels and Krumkake cookies again this year.  She loved to bake at Christmas time!  DH put up the outside lights a few days ago when it was a little warmer here.  The wind has been very strong here, and has disrupted lots of neighborhood light displays!  Tomorrow we're going to help decorate our church.  Have a great day! 

• Like 23

Good Thursday morning and the first of December!     Thanks for the Daily and Fleet Reports.    No Christmas lights for us because we don't want to have to take them down prior to Christmas or face them at the end of March.   My dear neighbor in MD would leave her tree up well into March.   World AIDS day is a day of remembrance and also to recognize the advances that have been made in treatment but not a cure.   The company I worked for developed the first drug approved to treat AIDS and continued to develop a lot of the combination treatments that have made AIDS a chronic disease for many.  Sadly those treatments haven't reached a lot of the world.   So happy Romania can celebrate their independence!  @dfishThe third meatloaf recipe looks like a winner. @summer slopethanks for the cocktail but I think I will have my cukes in a salad instead.   @cat shepardthanks for the wine information, I had to look up where it is grown and it is an area near Sacramento.   A new one for me.   @smitty34877Prayers for Tana since she has pneumonia and also for you for having your hip complications. 

@ger_77thanks for the happy memories of the snack Nuts & Bolts.   In the US it has been hijacked to Chex Mix missing the "nuts" that were Cheerios.  The bolts were rod pretzels.   So much better when homemade and the house smelled so good when it was in the oven.   

Thanks for the Daily care and celebration lists Roy.    Prayers for all on the list and for the people of Ukraine.  

Today I will stay home, DB has a surgeon's appointment.  I need to pay my January taxes, shut up my shipping suitcase that has been on the bed for weeks and start my Christmas cards.  A big sign of relief I found my address book under my taxes clipboard.   That makes writing my Christmas cards a lot easier.   No need to text everyone for their addresses.    Have a great day!!    Nancy 

• Like 25
  • Thanks 1

Time to put an extra layer on and go start shoveling again. We only got about 8" last night to add to yesterday's 24". Still no estimate for power restoration.

@kazu Jacqui, sorry to hear you won't be on the September Newfoundland cruise. I was looking forward to meeting you in person. Out of curiosity, which ports are most likely to be missed?

• Like 20

1 hour ago, RedneckBob said:

Thanks. I worked in Naples, FL in the mid ‘80’s. Things were so slow in Naples, “How slow was it in Naples in the 1980’s RNB? Things were so slow that restaurants shutdown in the summer months due to lack of business. I had a fellow worker living in Bonita Springs and it was a pretty small community back then.

We moved to Bonita in 1993, in the summer in Naples and Bonita a lot of the restaurants had 2 fer dinners. Now it’s a madhouse down there. Bonita has grown leaps and bounds. Traffic in season is insane, that’s why we moved to Sebring but after 10 years we missed the Gulf Coast and moved to Punta Gorda. There’s traffic here but nothing like Naples and Bonita. 

• Like 14

Rabbit, Rabbit, White Rabbit!

I'm sorry I haven't been online for a while -- life hit me sideways in November, with health issues, family concerns, and the need to buy a new car when my old one died unexpectedly (first time I had to do that on my own)! But I didn't want to whine & I'll be back soon with a better attitude!

In the meantime, thanks to all that keep this thread going and keeping it a warm, comforting & friendly spot!

Edi

• Like 23
  • Thanks 9

Good Morning All,

Looking forward to some much needed rain later this evening or tomorrow. I hope. These predictions have been vanishing as the predicted time approaches. The storms have been turning eastward before they get down the coast to us.

@smitty34877 Praying for Tana. 

@dfish Thank you again for the recipes. I’ve clipped one and it’s added to my “try it “ list in my planner. My planner for next year contains extra pages for food and will debut one for wine. And I’m doing a spin-off for weekly meal planning  and the coveted “go-to” (make again) recipes and @cat shepard wines. 

1 hour ago, ottahand7 said:

@Lady HudsonBon Voyage! 🍾

image.jpeg.aaa475f74adfd42ca61c020f756a2781.jpeg

Thanks for the memory- when I was a kid we went to San Pedro to see off an aunt and uncle on one of Prinsendam’s older sisters. We were able to board and visit until sail away, then we did the streamers. What memories.

Have a great day everyone!

• Like 22
  • Thanks 3

Rabbit, rabbit, white rabbit. I am so excited that it is December. I can start my count down now to my cruise. 16 days from today I will fly to FL and on the 17th board the Volendam. So excited. 

Thanks Rich and everyone who makes this thread a good place to be. 

• Like 23