richwmn Goes around the world in a daze

richwmn

Rich, looking forward to reading your impressions of your first world cruise.  We will be joining the Zuiderdam on January 3 and it looks like we’re in the same cabin category as you.  I was wondering what your impressions of the cabin are, particularly the amount of storage that is available.

• Like 3

Thank you Rich for taking us along with you! I’m a daily reader and guess mostly a “ lurker” as I seldom post. I’ve appreciated all you’ve done with the daily and look forward to following your posts from now through the finish of the world cruise!

• Like 4

Thanks Rich for your perspective. We are sitting this one out as we still are shell shocked from 2020 GWC. It will be refreshing to hear first time review. Our first time we felt a little like an outsider as there are many who do this every year, so it was more of a family reunion, for relatives you never met. 😁 But there are probably many you have met on other cruises. We had a lot of "it used to be better" or "HAL used to have this" for our first so you will probably be able to report on that as well. We find good in any cruise (and we all know there are plenty of cuts and changes) so look forward to your reports. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Cruisercl said:

Hi Rich,

What ship are you on?

Did I miss it in the posts here? Not a HAL follower all of the time so don't know this.

Have a great time!

Appreciate your indulging my lack of kmowledge. 😊

Caron

The ship is Zuiderdam. Right now it is overcrowded but for the World it will be a lot better.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 5

The activities for today:

General Trivia at 4:30 – along with @Scrapnana and others. We enjoyed the trivia and thought we did ok, but nothing great. We were surprised when we won with 13 points out of 17 or so. There were two questions that I talked myself out of, but I guess it didn’t matter.

Travel Trivia at 6:30 – basically same group as 4:30. The others in the group pulled this one out. We again won, but I had little to do with it. Still enjoyed it.

Main Stage at 7:00 – This started out with the Master introducing a few of the officers and staff. Then there was a toast and he thanked everyone for sailing. We were then introduced to Elliot Finkel.

Actually, Elliot Finkel was the reason I was in the audience. I had seen him at least once before a long time ago and enjoyed the show. He did not dissapoint. He is a very talented musician and worked the audience well. My only disappointment was some people sitting next to me that insisted on talking during the performance. Luckily they didn’t stay long. He put a lot into the show, and the audience appreciated it.

Music Trivia at 9:00 – Started out easy but got out of my area pretty quickly. @Scrapnana and I did manage to get about 16 points out of 35, not a very good showing. But we had a bit of entertainment and fun.

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for taking the time to do this reporting! I'm looking forward to reading about your adventures. I've always been curious about the entertainment on the World Cruise. Now I'll know. Happy holidays and happy sailing. 

• Like 3

Good morning from Zuiderdam. It is Christmas Eve and we are at sea headed for Ocho Rios, Jamaica. It is a beautiful day and there is a lot scheduled for today. The dining room menus have not been posted yet, but here are today’s activities.

Dec24-1.thumb.png.78349fcdff22ec9357cfffe27d2ca003.png

Dec24-2.thumb.png.d4d6cd580c0551ab5529033c9c0c8540.png

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

I will enjoy your reports along with several others and they will get me thru the winter. Please tell me the name of the font you are using on the reports. I really like it. I am guessing you are creating them offline and copy/pasting them to cc. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, superoma said:

I will enjoy your reports along with several others and they will get me thru the winter. Please tell me the name of the font you are using on the reports. I really like it. I am guessing you are creating them offline and copy/pasting them to cc. 

Yes, I am creating the posts in Libre Office using Times New Roman 14 pt. I am not sure if Cruise Critic is substituting another font, but I don’t think so.

Tonight’s menus are now available:

Dec24MDR.thumb.png.ab21f2d65d1ac1c5f26a7abdca11007b.png

Dec24Lido.thumb.png.1325637796fd8f3be95770898a6c1f70.png

• Like 11
  • Thanks 3