The Fleet Report and Daily for Thursday January 26th, 2023

Copper10-8

Today is Australia Day, Spouse's Day, and Clashing Clothes Day

I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.--Marilyn Monroe

Meal Suggestion for today - Slow Cooker Asian Beef Noodle Soup
Drink of the Day - Peach Old Fashioned
Wine of the Day - Chateau Ste. Michelle Canoe Ridge Estate Merlot, Horse Heaven Hills, WA
Destination of the Day - Punta del Este, Uruguay

Eurodam
Half Moon Cay, Bahamas 08:00 - 15:00

Koningsdam
At Sea Destination Ensenada, Baja California Mexico eta 1-30

Nieuw Amsterdam
San Juan, Puerto Rico 11:00 - 23:00

Nieuw Statendam
At Sea Destination Key West, Florida eta 1-27

Oosterdam
Port Stanley, East Falkland Island 08:00 - 17:00

Rotterdam
Half Moon Cay, Bahamas 08:00 - 15:00

Volendam
At Sea Destination Punta Arenas, Chile Antarctica eta 1-28

Zaandam
Huatulco, La Crucecita, Mexico Riviera 08:00 - 14:00

Zuiderdam
At Sea Destination Nukualofa, Tongatapu, Tonga eta 1-30

Eastern Hemisphere

Noordam
Auckland, New Zealand 07:00 - 16:00

Westerdam

Drydock Sembcorp Marine Admiralty Yard. Sembawang, Singapore until 02/02/23

Copper for Roy who is feeling a bit under the weather  / Roy for Rich

Edited by Copper10-8
  • Like 18
  • Thanks 25

4 minutes ago, Copper10-8 said:

Today is ...................... Spouse's Day,....................................

31 Humor - Spouse Jokes ideas | humor, jokes, funny pictures

100 Hysterical Husband Wife Jokes - Confessions of Parenting- Fun Games,  Jokes, and More

100 Hysterical Husband Wife Jokes - Confessions of Parenting- Fun Games,  Jokes, and More

More husband/wife jokes : r/boomershumor

http://www.greatcleanjokes.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/boyfriend1.jpg

best husband wife jokes in hindi and urdu !Very Very Very Jokes~ Husband  Wife Jokes - video Dailymotion

10 Funny Memes And Jokes About Marriage - Bouncy Mustard

I told my Wife to embrace her Mistakes... she hugged ME! (C) WityVows |  Husband and wife relationship jokes | Re… | Relationship jokes, Funny  quotes, Marriage humor

Picture memes wBnt6VnK7 by babygirl1799_2019: 129 comments - ) | Funny  memes, Just smile, Sunday funday funny

• Like 5
  • Haha 37

@Copper10-8.

Thank you for taking the reins today and posting Today's fleet reports and Daily and for your hilarious memes.

Thank you to our food and beverage ladies Ann, Debbie and Dixie for your important contributions every day.

It is currently 40°F at 09.25 am here on the North East coast of England.

Pauline always wears a dress,bag,shoes etc that colour match.

We celebrate Spouses day every day.

Today's quote is very Marilyn Monroe.

Today's food sounds nice.

We have never been to today's port and I look forward to seeing photos.

Prayers 🙏 for everyone who is unwell including Roy who starts this thread every day while Rich is on his world cruise.

Graham.

Screenshot_20230126_075249.jpg

• Like 21
  • Thanks 6

Good Morning Everyone, thanks for the daily fleet report. Today’s meal suggestion sounds interesting and I look forward to @dfish recipes and pictures, I’m sure they will be good.  I’m very tempted to go to the office today, DH is on an all day fast as he prepares for his colonoscopy tomorrow morning, he gets cranky when he’s hungry.  I hope everyone has a good day today.

image.thumb.png.e0cd7b64f73ba05bc212df9af98f6461.png

• Like 17
  • Haha 16

Glad you're feeling better Roy @rafinmd!  Since @Copper10-8 is a fellow west coaster it was only about 1am when he posted.  He's representing us California, Oregon, Washington and western Canada readers!  I'm actually still up and going to bed shortly.  I'll come back after sleeping to read what has transpired on the Daily after this.

~Nancy

Edited by oakridger
  • Like 28

Thanks @Copper10-8, @rafinmd, for your great teamwork today!
 Roy, glad you are feeling better, or at least had a good night!

Loving everyone’s jokes - reading them with my first cup of coffee is the perfect way to start my day..It’s a brisk morning on the Gulf coast - 36, with a high of 50 and plentiful sunshine 🌞

I am filled with gratitude every day reading this thread.  I’m sorry I don’t know all your names, but I appreciate each of you who provide the info in this thread - daily, fleet, maps, recipes, drinks,  wine facts, port of the day pictures and facts,  the blessings and care lists. 

having the quirky and little known  “Today is:” usually stumps me on one or more.  Great way to get my thoughts moving,

prayers and hugs to those hurting with loss, or needing prayers.  Cheers for those celebrating, and cruising!

Have a wonderful day, Daily friends.

• Like 30

Good morning from a mild and rainy Boston.  Hats off to Australia and spouses.  Clashed clothing is something that I try and avoid.  The meal and drink suggestions sound very nice.   Have not been to today’s port.  Prayers for those in need of them, glad you’re feeling better Roy.  Cheers to everyone celebrating happy events today!

• Like 22

Good morning.  Thanks for the Daily and Fleet Report.  Thanks for stepping up Copper.

This is such a great way to start the day, lots of smiles and friendship.  Thank you everyone.

Love the maps Roy, glad you had a good night.

We had quite a bit of snow overnight, Jim will have to get the snowblower out later to clear the driveway.  The street plow and the sidewalk plow left big ridges of snow, good thing we don't have to go out first thing this morning.

We celebrate Spouse's Day everyday.

The meal sounds good, looking forward to seeing the recipe.  I'm sure the drink and wine will be wonderful too.

I've never been to today's port.

Prayers for everyone.   Cheers for all the celebrations, no matter how small.

Stay safe.

• Like 26

Thank you for posting the Daily Report John!!

It snowed all day here yesterday and it's packing snow.  School buses were cancelled in a lot of places.  I had a Pajama Day and spent most of the day either reading or watching the snow fall.

There is a "National Day Calendar" posted on F Book and they have at least 2 different days to celebrate.  The other day was "Pie Day" and a lot of people were up in arms because there is also "Pi Day" on March 14.  

• Like 24

Good morning friends!  Thanks to John @Copper10-8for posting so early today and getting everyone off to a good start with all the funnies.  Roy @rafinmdI'm happy you had a good night and thanks once again for the clear, sharp map showing the position of the ships.  Great job!  And thanks to our leader Rich @richwmnwho set it all up and is now able to enjoy his World Cruise!  

We are sitting at 36F this morning, expecting partly cloudy skies and a high of only 47.  I am going out this morning to see my hairdresser and that's about it.  Maybe I'll attempt to sort my photos for my Island Princess cruise last summer.  Shutterfly switched things up a lot during the slow years of 2020 and 2021.  Now I'm finding it harder to create my treasured cruise photo books.  I'm going to push through and see what happens.

Australia Day sounds like a good day to celebrate, as well as spouses.  I never wear clashing clothes so that one I'll pass on.  The soup dish sounds good so will be interested to see what Debbie @dfishhas to say.  Another typical Marilyn Monroe quote!🤨  Today I said prayers for our Care list and people of Ukraine, Tana, Sarah (good luck today), Jacqui and Kathi, then I hopped on the treadmill. Now I can cheer on our Celebration list people.  

Port of the day is Punta del Este, Uruguay and that was posted once before on August 18, 2021.  I have not been there, just Montevideo.  I read it's a resort type city.  Here is the link to the former posting for all who want to retrieve their photos.  Hopefully we will see some.

Have a safe and great day everyone!

• Like 27

Good morning after taking a hiatus.

i have been super busy trying to put our house back together again and also trying to deal with piles of mail and financial stuff that we have had to put off since the start of this nightmare called a flood.

As for the status of our house, we are working diligently to get it all fixed up.

The Master Bath is on hold.  The Contractor, in conjunction with our consent, decided to hold off on the work until we are on our cruise in February.  This is better for all concerned,. They don’t have to worry about us being underfoot and we don’t have to breathe all the dust that goes along with the whole job.  

We will be leaving on Feb. 5 for Miami and Board the Oceania Sirena on Feb. 7 for 12 days.

At this point, we need another rest.

For whatever reason both my knees are hurting terribly and it is making it very hard to do much around this house.  It just gets harder and harder.

The garage is still a mess.

I apologize for not being around and not being up to date on what is going on with all of you.  I will try to catch up when I can.

For now, prayers for all and hope everyone has a good day.

God Bless,

Terri

• Like 22
  • Thanks 4

Thanks for our Thursday Daily Copper and filling in for Roy. 👍 

Great collection of days!  Australia day is certainly worthy of a big celebration.  Wishing everyone who celebrates a very happy one.

936B779C-AD07-4B96-B0BF-0ED46B2E05CF.thumb.jpeg.e97e2fffeceb8d501755d17c736eb58c.jpeg

I will happily celebrate spouses day – even if it’s just memories.  But in the spirit of spouses day……

4FA31E35-51D3-41DD-BCC3-DD6E0E9F856C.thumb.jpeg.9364248af9a60c33aa03d5348ae9c92d.jpeg

Love the quote by Marilyn Monroe - I think I said something like that to DH once 🙂   We were lucky enough to visit Punta Del Este when we cruised around South America.  Wonderful itinerary!

Sorry I wasn’t back on the Daily when I got back from the hospital and missed replying.  Amazingly, I was called in to have the cast removed as soon as I arrived and would’ve been done in 15 minutes except…..

The cast technologist saw something he didn’t like, called in another one and the next thing I knew the call went to the orthopaedic surgeon.  Lucky for me (Or unlucky depending on how you look at it), he had just finished up in the OR and told them to keep me there until he could get there.  Long story short, I ended up with surgery yesterday to remove a pin that was working its way out of my elbow along with a bone fragment.

So now I’m in a Splint because there will be swelling (and pain) after the surgery and I have to return next week for full x-rays, examination and hopefully it’s good enough that I can go back in a cast. The difficult part is that the pin is part of the rewiring of my elbow and how it will affect healing is unknown.  It’s going to be a wait and see scenario and hope and pray I won’t need another surgery. 😔 

F1A5B60C-C693-40F3-A646-1C985BF50584.thumb.jpeg.89dc840b98b5e2932528471137870e28.jpeg

With healing unknown in the elbow needing lots of coddling, the fate of my May cruises has been sealed.  AMA.

Well, there are lots of people with bigger problems than me so no pity party for me and huge prayers to those that need them and big cheers to those who are celebrating.

CF1AB5D2-440A-42D9-9E6C-F25132582E82.jpeg.e8dfce742b150c89295d62d5f12ac9cd.jpeg

Have a great Thursday everyone!!!!

• Like 23
  • Thanks 18
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, oakridger said:

Glad you're feeling better Roy @rafinmd!  Since @Copper10-8 is a fellow west coaster it was only about 1am when he posted.  He's representing us California, Oregon, Washington and western Canada readers!  I'm actually still up and going to bed shortly.  I'll come back after sleeping to read what has transpired on the Daily after this.

~Nancy

I don't know how people stay up so late into the night and function well the following morning!  Or do they sleep till noon?  My body clock isn't set up that way anymore!  😂

Hope Jacqui got some help with her arm pain yesterday.  Anxiously awaiting word on the outcome!  Hugs to her. (Just saw Jacqui posted so I will have to go back and read about it).  Here's some more hugs {{{ @kazu }}}

Debbie @dfishI just heard Dow Chemical is laying off 2,000 people (along with a lot of other companies).  I hope they spread those layoffs around the country and it doesn't hurt Midland too badly.  Definitely a major employer there.

• Like 19
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1

Good morning  on a very windy day where temperatures  are expected to drop to the thirties this afternoon. We celebrate  Spouses Day and Australia Day and try not to clash colors with clothing.The recipe sounds interesting  but we have not been to the port.

@erewhon, I am afraid that walking for Tana is just a few steps with a lot of assistance. We depend on the WC and the oxygen to get to different  rooms.

Today DH returns to the cardiologist  for what we hope is s good report. 

Sending prayers to Sarah @grapau27

• Like 22
  • Thanks 5

6 minutes ago, kazu said:

Thanks for our Thursday Daily Copper and filling in for Roy. 👍 

Great collection of days!  Australia day is certainly worthy of a big celebration.  Wishing everyone who celebrates a very happy one.

936B779C-AD07-4B96-B0BF-0ED46B2E05CF.thumb.jpeg.e97e2fffeceb8d501755d17c736eb58c.jpeg

I will happily celebrate spouses day – even if it’s just memories.  But in the spirit of spouses day……

4FA31E35-51D3-41DD-BCC3-DD6E0E9F856C.thumb.jpeg.9364248af9a60c33aa03d5348ae9c92d.jpeg

Love the quote by Marilyn Monroe - I think I said something like that to DH once 🙂   We were lucky enough to visit Punta Del Este when we cruised around South America.  Wonderful itinerary!

Sorry I wasn’t back on the Daily when I got back from the hospital and missed replying.  Amazingly, I was called in to have the cast removed as soon as I arrived and would’ve been done in 15 minutes except…..

The cast technologist saw something he didn’t like, called in another one and the next thing I knew the call went to the orthopaedic surgeon.  Lucky for me (Or unlucky depending on how you look at it), he had just finished up in the OR and told them to keep me there until he could get there.  Long story short, I ended up with surgery yesterday to remove a pin that was working its way out of my elbow along with a bone fragment.

So now I’m in a Splint because there will be swelling (and pain) after the surgery and I have to return next week for full x-rays, examination and hopefully it’s good enough that I can go back in a cast. The difficult part is that the pin is part of the rewiring of my elbow and how it will affect healing is unknown.  It’s going to be a wait and see scenario and hope and pray I won’t need another surgery. 😔 

F1A5B60C-C693-40F3-A646-1C985BF50584.thumb.jpeg.89dc840b98b5e2932528471137870e28.jpeg

With healing unknown in the elbow needing lots of coddling, the fate of my May cruises has been sealed.  AMA.

Well, there are lots of people with bigger problems than me so no pity party for me and huge prayers to those that need them and big cheers to those who are celebrating.

CF1AB5D2-440A-42D9-9E6C-F25132582E82.jpeg.e8dfce742b150c89295d62d5f12ac9cd.jpeg

Have a great Thursday everyone!!!!

I am so sorry  more surgery was required.OMG, no wonder it was so painful.I hope today is at least a little better.

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

Jacqui @kazuOh my that is an unexpected result from your visit yesterday.  I have heard of pins working their way out of a surgical site.  DD said she had a sharp pain recently in her foot after surgery and I told her yesterday not to let that go.  She should be seen also to make sure none of her hardware is working itself out.  Mothers know best! LOL

I just hope this is the last time that elbow needs extra work and that you start healing well now.  I'm so sorry the May cruise is not going to happen!  Hopefully you can plan another cruise to take its place.🙏

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1

@rafinmdglad to hear you are feeling somewhat better this morning and thank @Copper10-8for getting us started off today.  We are cruising the Chilean Fjords today with the Fjordo Glacier at 2 and the Leonidas shipwreck at 4:30. Last night at dinner we were warned by our waiter to prepare for rough seas and it was bumpy and a bit creaky last night.  We slept very well but Esther Assistant Maitre d complained this morning about getting no sleep. A friend stopped by at breakfast and complained about no sleep we said she should commiserate with Esther and she said she is right across the hall from us. I guess it is where ones' cabin is located. 

Yesterday I went horseback riding a ways inland. It was gray and rainy at the coast but we had a partly sunny, partly rainy day where we rode.   A rainy tender ride back to the ship. Again the country in Chile is so beautiful and it was worth the trip.   The farm we rode at was a long a beautiful river but my horse was naughty and kept trying to grab a mouthful of grass so I couldn't take a single photo from horseback. I'd either lose the reins or my phone.   Tonight is the Chilean Cellar master dinner.  

Prayers for all on our Care list, Sarah, Tana, Jacqui and Kathi.   So glad Ukraine is getting the tanks they need to defend themselves.  Have a wonderful Thursday. Nancy 

IMG_20230125_215555791.jpg

IMG_20230125_142018155_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230125_144145268_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230125_142014383.jpg

IMG_20230125_141313761_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230125_131629429_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230125_173938768.jpg

• Like 34
  • Thanks 1

Good morning,

I woke to a chilly 14 degrees. Thanks to @Copper10-8for todays report. I haven’t heard about the grands this morning but last night they were eating and running around. The beauty of youth. Parents are anxiously awaiting their fate. 

Jacqui I am glad you went back to see the surgeon. Hopefully your pain will be much improved. I am disappointed you will not be on our cruise in May but I totally understand your decision. Like someone suggested if all the stars line up and you feel great you might get a great last minute deal! 

@grapau27i hope Sarah does well today and gets pain relief. I have had injections and have seen others get great pain relief from theirs. 

@rafinmdI am glad you are feeling better but continue to rest today. 

@smitty34877prayers for Tana, what a beautiful attitude she has. I was blessed with a husband who was the most positive ill person I knew. He truly enjoyed everyday of his life. 

• Like 23
  • Thanks 3

John, thank you for having Roy’s back & posting today’s Report & Daily! Did you stay up late just to do that?  Glad to read that you had a good night, Roy. And I also hope that Rich is enjoying his cruise around the world. His posts make me believe he is. 

A huge marine layer being blown back out to sea greeted Bindi and I this morning.  It was quite windy, but temps were still in the high 50s. Just Zumba, chores and Bindi walks today. @kazu Jacqui, holy cow! What next? Praying that the latest surgery solves the problem and reduces your pain.  @grapau27 Graham, praying that Sarah’s treatment goes smoothly and eliminates her pain. Bless you & Pauline for being there for her. 

Although this looks like a great idea, I would be so afraid I would drop the wine. 

A8942FF9-AD41-40E3-AEA6-73547DBD361D.jpeg.8991bfc6c55aa4f21e8ec7ca049ae441.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support, especially Sarah, Kathi, Tana & Jacqui. Get well & stay well everyone- yes this means YOU, Roy!

Chateau Ste. Michelle Canoe Ridge Estate Merlot, Horse Heaven Hills, WA

I don’t dislike a good Merlot, but I prefer mine in a nice red blend. This one has very good - excellent ratings from critics and consumers. I found numerous online distributors with prices starting at $24.99.

91 Wine Enthusiast 

Aromas of toast, carob and black raspberry lead to plump fruit and barrel flavors. The bright acid and firm tannins of the vintage provide the frame.

Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 22
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 5