The Fleet Report and Daily for Friday, February 10, 2023

kochleffel

The Fleet Report and Daily for Friday February 10th, 2023

Today is Umbrella Day, National Flannel Day, and International Cribbage Day

I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific. - Lily Tomlin

Meal Suggestion for today - Grilled Red Snapper with Green Beans and Lime
Drink of the Day - Rye Squeeze
Wine of the Day - Muga Rioja Seleccion Especial Reserva, Rioja, Spain
Destination of the Day - Banjul, Gambia

Eurodam

At Sea Destination Panama Canal eta 2-11

Koningsdam

Hilo, Hawaii Island 08:00 - 18:00

Nieuw Amsterdam

Grand Turk Island, Cockburn Town, Turks and Caicos 07:00 - 14:00

Nieuw Statendam

Half Moon Cay, Bahamas 08:00 - 15:00

Oosterdam

At Sea Destination Ushuaia, Argentina eta 2-17

Rotterdam

Fort-de-France, Martinique 07:00 - 16:00

Volendam

Punta del Este, Uruguay 08:00 - 15:00

Zaandam

Puntarenas, Puerto Caldera, Costa Rica 07:00 - 17:00

Eastern Hemisphere

Noordam

Sydney, NSW Australia 07:00 - 16:00

Westerdam

Pulau Penang Island, Georgetown, Malaysia Penang 07:00 - 15:00

Zuiderdam

At Sea Destination Port Arthur, Tasmania Australia eta 2-12

• Like 24
  • Thanks 24

Thanks for the Daily Report and I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

Yesterday afternoon, we received an email from Holland with an upgrade offer on our next cruise. I called and agreed to the $$$$ amount to go from a NS to the PS.  First time for us to stay in the Pinnacle Suite and I am sure Suzi will be more spoiled than ever! 🙂  

IMG_1605.JPG

• Like 32
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, kochleffel said:

I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific. - Lily Tomlin

Eurodam

Koningsdam

Nieuw Amsterdam

Nieuw Statendam

Oosterdam

Rotterdam

Volendam

Zaandam

Eastern Hemisphere

Noordam

Westerdam

Zuiderdam

Thank you Paul, you beat me to posting this. But I can at least add the maps. 

F1045764-0209-41B6-92D4-4BF803116CA0.thumb.jpeg.8e11a50dea3da41370feae6aeca7930e.jpeg

F747775A-ECE1-485D-805B-779A1A57CA75.thumb.jpeg.8fdc4b943e01c126066c428ae0a5a612.jpeg

• Like 29
  • Thanks 10

Good Friday Morning Dailyites!  My computer is no longer giving me the weather, it's giving me the stock information....But it's cloudy.  Low 50's and not getting really any warmer here today.

Up early, off to talk with my heart doc about those scans they took over a month ago. 

I'll be checking back later , but have a great day everyone!

• Like 24
  • Thanks 4

2 minutes ago, cat shepard said:

But I can at least add the maps. 

Thank you. I couldn't get them to display correctly.

Flannel led me in various directions, and no wonder:

flannel

noun

flan·nel ˈfla-nᵊl
1a: a soft twilled wool or worsted fabric with a loose texture and a slightly napped surface
b: a napped cotton fabric of soft yarns simulating the texture of wool flannel
c: a stout cotton fabric usually napped on one side
2 flannels plural
a: flannel underwear
b: outer garments of flannel
especially : men's trousers
3British : washcloth
4British : flattering or evasive talk
also : nonsense, rubbish

I think that I would like both the meal and the wine, but not together. Have not been to Gambia.

I took the first dose of Paxlovid just before noon yesterday, and by early evening I could tell that it was working.

senses.jpg.be6ce4549ece114528d31f653f7227e7.jpg
  • Like 23
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 11

Thank you for getting us started Paul!  A lovely morning here, after a night of heavy, much needed rain. Hope Sandi & DH did not hit too much of it. 

One gym class, Bindi walks and chores. Family dinner out tonight, not sure where we’ll go. 

I love this one….
04C25EAD-FF5C-4AC3-A3E8-52459C18E32C.jpeg.93a95f0566715654e831abab76d985ea.jpeg

A84A73FA-60B9-4538-9568-A9326EA23878.jpeg.8f47fec12f43e775147c536391d2a3c4.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support, especially, Jacqui, Joy, Kathi, Roy, Sarah and Tana.  Cheers to all who are celebrating - Bon Voyage Sandi!

Get well & stay well everyone!

Muga Rioja Seleccion Especial Reserva, Rioja, Spain

This Rioja sounds amazing. I used the 2018 vintage info, in hopes that would be the easiest to find, but all released vintages share the same excellent reviews. Available from numerous online distributors with prices starting at $37.95.

Winemaker Notes

This 2018 Selección Especial 2018 has a black-cherry color and a deep robe. On the nose it is complex, with aromas of dark fruit, hints reminding you of cedar wood, heathland scrub and then followed by spicy aromas such as pepper. The attack is elegant and harmonious, with hints of ripe red fruit and spices. It has fantastic, well-integrated acidity which makes it long and lingering on the palate. This is a powerful reserva wine with great cellaring potential.

This wine will go well with red meats, lamb and all types of game dishes.

RP95 Robert Parker's Wine Advocate
2018 was a cooler vintage, with a fairly long maturation, which made the wines somewhat fresher and less alcoholic, as showcased by the 2018 Selección Especial, a classical blend of the four red varieties from Rioja, Tempranillo, Garnacha, Mazuelo and Graciano with contained ripeness (14.05% alcohol) and good freshness. It fermented in oak casks with indigenous yeasts and matured in French oak barrels, 40% of them new, for 26 months. They were not very happy with the vintage and had to sort and discard, but as they didn't produce Prado Enea, Torre Muga or Haro, those grapes went into this wine. They are reluctant about 2018, but I think it was a vintage capable of the best and the worst, and this 2018 is floral, expressive and elegant. It's medium to full- bodied, with very fine, chalky tannins, combining power and elegance. Amazing!
JS94 James Suckling
The 2018 Muga Selección Especial is 70% Tempranillo, 20% Garnacha, and the rest Graciano y Mazuelo. It shows the fresher style of the vintage yet has good richness in its cassis and black raspberry fruit profile as well as notes of tobacco leaf, violets, and spicy oak. Straight-up gorgeous on the palate, it shines for its purity, has ultra-fine tannins, and a great finish. I'm a fan.
WS92 Wine Spectator

A medium- to full-bodied red, well-knit and harmonious, showing a fine, tense frame of chalky tannins fleshed out by crushed black raspberry, balsamico, dried fig and deep notes of ground coffee, iron and smoke. Long and lively on the herbal, spiced finish. Tempranillo, Garnacha, Mazuelo and Graciano. Drink now.

• Like 24
  • Thanks 6
  • Haha 6

Rye Squeeze cocktail:

Ingredients
1 1/2 parts Alberta® Rye Dark Batch™ Whisky
4 - 5 parts Ginger Beer
2 dashes Angostura® Bitters
1 pressed, fresh Orange Wedges
Orange Peel

Instructions
Add all ingredients to a lowball or rocks glass; shake, fill with ice, top with ginger beer and stir. Garnish with a rolled orange peel.

Screenshot 2023-02-10 at 7.43.14 AM.png

• Like 16
  • Thanks 13

@kochleffelThank you for starting the Fleet Report and Care List.

If you didn’t see one of my late post on yesterdays Daily we witnessed a sad event as a mature man drowned while swimming in red flag conditions. Lifeguard performed CPR for a long time to no avail. Sad and so unnecessary.

Another beautiful day in the neighborhood and we are already lounging poolside! Great place to start the day and enjoy the sunrise.

Last night we grilled Bang Bang Chicken Kababs and tonight a couple of NY Strips we bought at the market.

Have a great day and weekend.

Bruce

image.jpeg.aed81d6d0a0e6cd0ef3249de17da56a1.jpegimage.jpeg.4f4227cba3f83595729d236629266803.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.fc4f0a607f52b81fa13ee0ffde275937.jpeg

• Like 15
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 19

Good morning.  Thanks @kochleffelfor getting things going here.  I hope @StLouisCruisers has a great cruise.

Lily Tomlin is always very funny.  She brings back great memories of Rowan & Martin’s Laugh-In.

No umbrellas out here in sunny San Diego.  I wear lots of flannel, don’t play cribbage, and have not been to Banjul. The food and drink sound nice.

I’ve been down with some kind of bug…perhaps what @Cruising-alonghad.  Not sure.

But up now, very early morning, so that’s a good sign. 

There’s lots going on in the world right now that requires prayer — and many on the care list here.  Thinking of all and sending prayers and positive energy.  Have a great TGIF, everyone.

DE492ABB-BF5D-4EDC-ABD9-1AC4B89BD6EE.jpeg.1278c191f5ac65952342196a14fe2f0d.jpeg

Edited by AncientWanderer
Spelling
  • Like 22
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 13

Good morning Daily-ites.

Yesterday was so beautiful we sat on our patio and enjoyed the warmth. Today's high is 52. 🤨

Had a fun evening with my Mahjongg girls. Finished off with poppy seed Kolachky, my favorite.

The next few day's will be take it easy time. Then Monday and Tuesday are appointments, game night, clean up the house to be ready to leave Wednesday.

Wishing Sandi and Dennis a wonderful cruise. Will be thinking of you. 

Prayers lifted for our Daily friends. Thank you Paul for helping get our Fleet Report started.

Have a great day! Blessings!

• Like 28
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for our TGIF Daily, Paul 🙂 

No umbrellas here - they are useless with freezing rain and that’s what is coming down.  Hope I have enough ice melt with them calling for a good 3” - 5” of it  and my guy is available🤞 As much as I hate de-icing, I’ll be glad when the day comes letting me do it myself.   Flannel is so comfy and cribbage a lot of fun - used to play a lot in my younger days.

Love the quote -  LOL 😂  Yum on the meal today - red snapper - just yum.  And a Rioja for the wine today.  I haven’t met a Rioja I didn’t like (although I prefer the white ones - the reds were for DH).

EBF99FD7-6B27-4F2C-BA26-F3DD3678E4E6.jpeg.7e15511255236e616bf0a0b9adfcb742.jpeg

this is definitely a “stay inside” day.  The last thing I need is a fall and for those of you suffering from falls, I’ve found the cure.

E6DD9BBF-6185-4D05-B5C9-292B1F00CE1F.jpeg.de1f2f79ed41b396dd21916a8d412d8c.jpeg

The charity is coming around Valentine’s Day collecting things that are no longer are needed so I am hoping to make their trip very worthwhile - one handed or not.  (I’ve learned a few tricks - takes much longer but…) so hopefully I get some stuff done today 🤞 

B8D9D963-5863-4037-B351-5660ACE3B3DE.thumb.jpeg.b260408a4d6e6c1a3e2d99191edb42dd.jpeg

33 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

Up early, off to talk with my heart doc about those scans they took over a month ago. 

Best wishes for your visit 🤞 

22 minutes ago, kochleffel said:

I took the first dose of Paxlovid just before noon yesterday, and by early evening I could tell that it was working.

That’s great news, Paul.  Glad to hear it 👍 

@rafinmdhealing takes rest, time and patience (pot meet kettle 😉 ) especially when you are used to being a do-er.  Hang in there.

Prayers for everyone on the Care list, earthquake victims, their families, people of Ukraine & for those that need them and 🥂 to those celebrating.

B64A1FAB-0701-4672-8851-9EB367294438.thumb.jpeg.05f1690d513b216095bcf83d157937df.jpeg

Have a great Friday everyone !!!!!

• Like 32
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4

58 minutes ago, kochleffel said:

Eurodam

Koningsdam

Nieuw Amsterdam

Nieuw Statendam

Oosterdam

Rotterdam

Volendam

Zaandam

Eastern Hemisphere

Noordam

Westerdam

Zuiderdam

Many thanks for taking over the daily reports duties.

I will report back later with photos.

Graham 

• Like 19

Today’s care list:

RIP Hal Sailer’s DSIL 2/3/23

RIP Cat Shepard’s nephew 2/4/23

RIP Bennybear’s aunt 2/5/23

RIP Burt Bacharach

Cruising-along’s worsened lab result

Joy’s painful diagnosis & little doctor advice

Roy slowly getting back to normal

Cruising sister's hand surgery yesterday

Tupper10 epidural yesterday

Kochleffel with positive Covid test

20,000+ deaths after Turkish & Syrian earthquakes

Citizens of Ukraine

From the rotation:

Marshhawk’s friend in a coma after falling

Scrapnana undergoing chemotherapy
Status of St. Louis Sal (7/1) and JAM37 (7/7)

Celebrations and Shout outs:

Cat Shepard’s good dermatologist report

Tupper10’s son doing well after surgery

Luvteaching’s DH out of hospital and back in rehab facility

Aliaschief in Cancun until 2/14
1 days for StLouisCruisers (Sky Princess 2/11 to 2/18)

Cruzin Terri (Oceania Sirena to 2/19), Norseh2o (Oceania Marina to 4/6), Dobiemom (Norwegian Encore to 2/12), 0106 (Rotterdam to 2/15), Lindaler and Ottahand7 (Volendam to 3/18), and Cat in My Lap, Gail&Marty, Richwmn and HorizonChaser1957 (Zuiderdam to 5/12) at sea

• Like 20
  • Thanks 19

Good Morning, @kochleffel thank you for starting today’s daily.  We woke up to temperatures in the 50’s it could be record breaking warmth today. It feels like spring outside but we know it will be short lived.  I’ll pass on today’s meal suggestion.  I’m trying to figure out what’s for dinner, feels to warm for soup.  I hope everyone has a good day today.
image.png.ccdfe7f5648fb8f249215098138de5ee.png

• Like 25
  • Haha 8

It is already  up to 60 here.I saw a skunk family crossing the street in the dark and tried to keep the dogs from reacting. It will be a short lived spring day today  but I might be able to extend the length of the long dog walk later since  it is so nice.

My New Hampshire  family sent a Christmas  card where they were dressed in matching flannel  shirts.I doubt they will be able to talk the grandchildren  into matching outfits next year as they will be 13 by then.

We have not been to the port and forgot  how to play cribbage.The red snapper sounds tasty and everyone  here would be happy so I may have to make it.

Thanks for starting  the Daily @kochleffel and @cat shepard.And thanks to all who contribute every day.

• Like 29
  • Thanks 1

Good morning. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily.

Hopefully no umbrella needed here today, I like flannel shirts and sheets when it's cold, and I've never played cribbage. Fun quote. I'll pass on the meal (fish) and drink. The wine sounds like something I'd like.

I haven't been to Banjul. I'll look forward to any photos posted.

We broke a record here, getting up to 70F yesterday! Today it's cooler (39F) and cloudy. I have Rheumatology and Gastroenterology appointments this morning. I'm trying to remember any questions I want to ask.

@kochleffel Thanks for starting us up, Paul. Good to hear that the Paxlovid is working.

@StLouisCruisers Safe travels today.

@seagarsmoker Congrats on the upgrade!

@cat shepard Thank you for adding the maps.

@marshhawk I hope you get good news about the scans.

@rafinmd I'm sure it seems like progress is very slow, but it will come. Continue to get rest and not push yourself too much.

@aliaschief Gorgeous sunrise! So sad about the swimmer drowning, especially with warning flags out. 

@AncientWanderer I hope you feel better. These days I'm anxious every time I sneeze or cough, even though I'm still masking.

@kazu Ugh on the freezing rain; that's the worst. Stay inside and safe. 

Prayers for the Care List and for all who need them. Cheers for the Celebration List.

Stay well everyone.

• Like 26
  • Thanks 5

7 minutes ago, JazzyV said:

Good morning. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily.

Hopefully no umbrella needed here today, I like flannel shirts and sheets when it's cold, and I've never played cribbage. Fun quote. I'll pass on the meal (fish) and drink. The wine sounds like something I'd like.

I haven't been to Banjul. I'll look forward to any photos posted.

We broke a record here, getting up to 70F yesterday! Today it's cooler (39F) and cloudy. I have Rheumatology and Gastroenterology appointments this morning. I'm trying to remember any questions I want to ask.

@kochleffel Thanks for starting us up, Paul. Good to hear that the Paxlovid is working.

@StLouisCruisers Safe travels today.

@seagarsmoker Congrats on the upgrade!

@cat shepard Thank you for adding the maps.

@marshhawk I hope you get good news about the scans.

@rafinmd I'm sure it seems like progress is very slow, but it will come. Continue to get rest and not push yourself too much.

@aliaschief Gorgeous sunrise! So sad about the swimmer drowning, especially with warning flags out. 

@AncientWanderer I hope you feel better. These days I'm anxious every time I sneeze or cough, even though I'm still masking.

@kazu Ugh on the freezing rain; that's the worst. Stay inside and safe. 

Prayers for the Care List and for all who need them. Cheers for the Celebration List.

Stay well everyone.

Vanessa - thank you for keeping our lists. I appreciate the effort that goes in to keeping up with all our happenings. 

Ann

• Like 24

Good morning.  Before I head to the store, I'll add my contribution to the Daily.  This is the link to  Rich's @richwmn post for October 31, 2022, when Banjul, The Gambia, was the port of the day.  As far as I can tell, that was the only time it was our port of the day.

We were in The Gambia on Tahitian Princess in 2009.  The Gambia is a long thin country in the middle of Senegal.  The country widens near the coast so it has a decent coastline.  It is a very poor country as are many of the countries in that part of Africa.   We opted to take a ship tour because the private tour we looked at used converted military transports.  It turns out the ship tour did also.  Our tour took us out of Banjul to a small village.  The pictures show just how poor the villagers were, and they may be upsetting to some.

Our arrival at the port of Banjul.IMG_7505.thumb.JPG.e2e7bba87cb000b1d60c258e27366311.JPG

An interesting monument we passed on the way out of town.

IMG_7518.thumb.JPG.b2367cec4664158fead68a503ecf51bd.JPG

Banjul

IMG_7519.thumb.JPG.f6b962c9bfc98d1db8655a7123615224.JPG

The village we visited.  They had a donation box in the middle of the village and several villagers had their handcrafts on mats for us to purchase.  I think the tourists' dollars was their main source of income.

IMG_7521.thumb.JPG.439939a3dcfc33cd481df2e64c626078.JPG

IMG_7526.thumb.JPG.2081d7ce453d497125aa7bbfc1c92e5b.JPG

A woman sorting some type of grain, and a "kitchen" in one of the huts.

IMG_7529.thumb.JPG.1670f0c19521e918bb890b1e7e123bee.JPG

IMG_7532.thumb.JPG.2149054e6b758a7f876231ae8c0becc3.JPG

IMG_7533.thumb.JPG.25f8697f02ee56ab91e930700258ea35.JPG

After we left the village, they took us to a beach resort for a bathroom and refreshment break.  There were so many of us, the staff had to open a couple of the hotel cabins so everyone could use the facilities.  The cabins were spartan, but clean.  I didn't get a picture of the inside of the cabin.

IMG_7539.thumb.JPG.bf7bacb4be1e15cbd516e2a2a7b4439d.JPG

IMG_7540.thumb.JPG.546eef9ebb5c9ec6b9284295b0510b5f.JPG

IMG_7547.thumb.JPG.f4e3a02485da57f31e8896dac5fcaf25.JPG

We passed this place after we left the resort.

IMG_7549.thumb.JPG.8f4054379854e674816e89f1b7ac88ac.JPG

On the way back to Banjul, they drove down the beach.  Our driver and another starting cutting doughnuts in the sand.  It was a little scary, but fun too.  We were lucky the trucks did not turn over.

IMG_7552.thumb.JPG.e45d56ce9de1c2661e2d6869ef524622.JPG

IMG_7554.thumb.JPG.4d4ceac18748db1a3c6e4c99425e7969.JPG

Looking down at the dock after our safe return to Tahitian Princess.  

IMG_7559.thumb.JPG.7b0661cf27d70a8dc3f17ffbcc92cef5.JPG

Our day in Banjul was interesting, but sobering to see all the poverty.  We also saw much of the same in Senegal, Ghana, but especially in Togo and Benin.  It was an interesting cruise, and I'm glad we went, but I'm not sure if we would get off the ship if we were to return.

Lenda

Edited by Quartzsite Cruiser
  • Like 26
  • Thanks 12

These are the pictures Sandi @StLouisCruisers posted of her visit to Banjul.  Her comments are in italics.

On March 25 and 26, 2018 the Prinsendam Grand Med and Africa cruise stopped in Banjul, The Gambia.  We had missed our port at Praia, Ilha de Santiago in the Cape Verde Islands due to bad weather for tendering, so we went ahead to The Gambia a day early.  This was the scene as we tied up a day earlier than scheduled.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJkdSE0YVj7tOOJYzdpLYbp?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526125657

We discovered the skies here were sandy colored due to dust in the air from the African deserts.  In addition we were very close to where the ferries docked and were able to watch them load and unload passengers.  They looked seriously overloaded to us, and I would be afraid to take that ferry anywhere.  The name on the ferry is Kunta Kinteh.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLHa4ksERBgcrBu8qA0C6hV?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526125680

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIBj42sWjzKRYh_lnd1A9Qq?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526083654

The street vendors saw an opportunity to make some money with our extra time in port, so they set up quickly.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJmQRc5F44zZhlLkHXP7xgO?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526125688

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLjkx3RM6jN4pn_DEjncz9q?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526125695

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLue-oGyN-CZ5YSngpl6Xmr?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526125720

From our perch on the Prinsendam's promenade we saw the money changer took time out for his prayers.  And that ferry kept coming and going.  Look at the lines of people!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJJw4YXbL8LmLufsjpsfRlK?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526125748

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLq87Ezep5vslNq6jN4NgoJ?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526125867

We waited until the following morning to head into town to the market using the ship's shuttle. The streets looked a bit scary and we were glad we had a ride to see what they had at the market.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKxPcvgN82qr5l7GqMnMRhG?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526083678

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKcfh_PB0ak1yzzMsFPCThr?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526125918

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJ3G5qdODFoalshkQx3fp95?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526125933

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLCBWdWbgC792v11SnTs3U1?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526125947

It appeared to be cleaner here which was welcomed by the crowds looking for bargains.  We had a lot of quilters on the cruise and they were interested in unique fabrics.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVL5VYojSMSig-D43rswXrHl?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526125948

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLlVilmN-Hagq3n8DpwlTrO?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526125971

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVISzRhGZ-s6TNJDdnIjCoIm?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526125985

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIw9_a-BYK1_4y6pi4jpFja?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526125987

We had run into former cruise table mates George and Sandy on the second day of the cruise and they were with us here at the craft market.  Funny how we didn't even know they had booked this special voyage.  I'm so glad we were able to re-connect and do things together during this 54 day cruise.  Here are George and Sandy.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJaEPT8XNB8c3xUw4sggBxG?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526125964

They took our photo too, there at the craft market.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLx7Uzcg8gadtT6cRGf-nZ_?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526125962

After a brief walk around downtown we got back on the shuttle and headed home to the Prinsendam.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVK0B1e2K9wY6mMymd0Eyaqj?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526126000

View from the bus.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLIdFkNxGq4nByVNf4AXBGh?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526126018

As you can see this is a dirt road.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLUwvvXn1PBsHa_NhBVgQDA?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526083681

Business taking place in the city.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLZIeXV22Haiq5nbXNwvQec?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526083682

Goodbye Banjul!  Next day we would be in Dakar, Senegal.  It was interesting to say the least.

• Like 23
  • Thanks 10

Good morning, everyone!   

Today is kind of gray with a high temp of 35F.  But, we are heading towards a glorious weekend with temps in the high 40s and sunny skies.  I'm game!   Today I have a lunch with fellow grads from high school.  The group meets for lunch once a month.  

The meal today looks wonderful.  The exact match for the recipe comes from Bon Appetit and I got a message that the kitchen was closed because I've exhausted my free recipes from there.  But the recipe can be found elsewhere, just not the directions.  https://www.punchfork.com/recipe/Grilled-Red-Snapper-Bon-Appetit

1455560891_grilledredsnapperwithgreenbeansandlime.thumb.jpg.e482f0098261246de257d1918d8f2608.jpg

Doesn't that look amazing?   Here are directions:   https://theallotmentmarketstall.org.uk/project/grilled-red-snapper-with-green-beans-and-lime/

This one has the green beans with it and an olive salsa.  I know this isn't one for @Cruising-along, but maybe the next one will be hers.  https://www.food.com/recipe/red-snapper-with-olive-salsa-and-green-beans-483089

1804147107_grilledredsnapper2.thumb.jpg.fa9354549e41a232bb05472c7d00e1fe.jpg

Here's one that looks delicious.  Just add in the green beans.   https://canadianhometrends.com/grilled-red-snapper-with-lime-butter/

1578358885_grilledredsnapper3.jpg.c53923aa5d7bca0d11a307310c1d013f.jpg

Rachael Ray offers this recipe:   https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/rachael-ray/grilled-spanish-style-snapper-with-tomato-and-green-olive-salsa-recipe-1939949

1109568168_grilledredsnapper4.jpeg.79d62f29012e6861c0301f31f5b116c9.jpeg

This last one looks really good to me.  I think this is the one I'm going with.   https://www.grillagrills.com/recipes/red-snapper-los-grilla

1721231472_grilledredsnapper5.thumb.jpg.66487a299e853699e27548c76ed53877.jpg

Healing thoughts and hugs to all our wounded and ailing Dailyites.  Wishing @StLouisCruisers Sandi and Dennis a wonderful cruise.  Wishing all the Dailyites a great day.   

• Like 23
  • Thanks 8