The Fleet Report and Daily for Thursday March 2nd, 2023

Good Thursday Morning Dailyites!  Today is my self appointed day off.  We decided that on our days off we will go to have lunch at restaurants that we dont get a chance to eat at for dinner anymore, since we work until 8, and I really hate to drive in the dark now.  Last week it was Thai, today will be Cajun.  Add in a trip to the store for cat food, and a stop at the farmers market for a few items, maybe if we are lucky they will have chocolate mousse.

I think I have narrowed down the cause of the stomach problems-red meat, or red peppers.  I think we will start with removing the red meat for a week.

We started watching a movie when we got off  work last night.  I think it's called We have A Ghost.  It's on Netflix,  it's supposed to be a comedy, but it is so far a tragedy.  

The computer says "Rain coming" but the weatherman keeps saying, while it is bad west of us, it wont be as bad as what west of us has.  Since the black jeep is now yellow, I will take rain in any form it comes.  Coughed all night!  Woke myself up at 2 and 5 something just coughing.  Tried to go back to sleep at 7 something, but that didn't work.  Just coughed, so I got up.  Guess I will watch snow board cross.

This house if full of nothing but rescued cats.  They show up, we take them in, get them neutered or spayed, and their shots, and take care of them forever.  Well sadly as you know, at least, forever in our hearts.

244050-Its-Thursday-Give-Me-Coffee.jpg

4108391d-10ba-4c23-be15-cc682a5b4018.jpg

Edited by marshhawk
  • Like 18
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 8

Happy Read Across America Day!42853236-354B-4906-8AFA-190A970BDABB.thumb.jpeg.ee4a5984c0b6bf882b19612ca7beddeb.jpeg

I am planning a cruise to Norway so I look forward to all of the photos. Loved the picture of the bike lift.

Positive thoughts to all who need them; cheers to those celebrating and cruising.

• Like 28

8 minutes ago, 0106 said:

Happy Read Across America Day!42853236-354B-4906-8AFA-190A970BDABB.thumb.jpeg.ee4a5984c0b6bf882b19612ca7beddeb.jpeg

I am planning a cruise to Norway so I look forward to all of the photos. Loved the picture of the bike lift.

Positive thoughts to all who need them; cheers to those celebrating and cruising.

Glad to see this Dr. Seuss quote has not been cancelled!

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

Good morning friends.  Happy Thursday.

Thank you to Sandi @StLouisCruisersfor starting us off this morning.  And thank you also to Vanessa @JazzyV for the Cares and Celebration Lists.  I am sorry to see that the Cares list is growing.  More people to pray for.  i never mind praying but it saddens me that there are so many of us with illnesses and troubles. All of you are in my prayers.

@smitty34877 I am sorry to hear that DH has yet another problem.  Prayers especially for him and also for you.  You have had your share of problems and handle it all so well.

I hope Tana is doing okay today.

@StLouisCruisersPrayers for your DB that the doctors can somehow sort out his treatment and the way to pay for it.  

@rafinmdhope you are feeling stronger every day.

@kazu hope that elbow is healing.

@grapau27Hope Sarah is doing well.

I like the days.  We have been getting rid of stuff as we try to put the house back together again.  We had some medical equipment from DBIL that was hanging around and yesterday we brought it over to a local church that accepts it and lends out medical equipment as needed.  So it is no longer taking up space in our garage and it will be put to good use.

Also DH has (and I counted) 45 tee shirts.  I read him the riot act and told him he can only keep 15.  The old ragged ones have to go and then the others have to go to a thrift shop. He never wears half of them, but always has to buy one when we go somewhere new.

As for me, I am perfect (LOL) I only have the stuff I need.  Believe that and I have a bridge I can sell you. 

As for cats, Hats off to those of you who have them.  I don’t

I will pass on the cocktail and the meal.  The wine sounds nice and within the budget.

We are still in waiting mode in regard to the bathroom.  No word from the Contractor.  Getting tired of this.  

It is another warm sunny day here in Bluffton.  We are already wearing shorts.  The pollen is falling and turning everything green.  We cannot put our cars in the garage so my silver car is now green.  Can’t wait to clean out the garage but cannot do that until the contractor is gone.

Hope everyone has a great day and stays safe.

God Bless.

Terri

• Like 23
  • Thanks 4

Good Morning Everyone, thanks for the daily fleet report.  It’s a rainy morning but should clear up this afternoon.  Last night I picked up River’s prescription that cost about $6 and earned $7 in Walgreens cash.  I then picked up ten bottles of dish soap that were marked on clearance at $1 each, spending .56 for all ten.  I get a kick out of small finds like that.  I do like a good shepherds pie but would prefer it with meat.  That said I’d try @dfishrecipe with lentils.  

All seven of our cats are rescues.

image.png.a85a556cca43ea101aa826fd1ade52a9.png

• Like 26

1 minute ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Good morning friends.  Happy Thursday.

Thank you to Sandi @StLouisCruisersfor starting us off this morning.  And thank you also to Vanessa @JazzyV for the Cares and Celebration Lists.  I am sorry to see that the Cares list is growing.  More people to pray for.  i never mind praying but it saddens me that there are so many of us with illnesses and troubles. All of you are in my prayers.

@smitty34877 I am sorry to hear that DH has yet another problem.  Prayers especially for him and also for you.  You have had your share of problems and handle it all so well.

I hope Tana is doing okay today.

@StLouisCruisersPrayers for your DB that the doctors can somehow sort out his treatment and the way to pay for it.  

@rafinmdhope you are feeling stronger every day.

@kazu hope that elbow is healing.

@grapau27Hope Sarah is doing well.

I like the days.  We have been getting rid of stuff as we try to put the house back together again.  We had some medical equipment from DBIL that was hanging around and yesterday we brought it over to a local church that accepts it and lends out medical equipment as needed.  So it is no longer taking up space in our garage and it will be put to good use.

Also DH has (and I counted) 45 tee shirts.  I read him the riot act and told him he can only keep 15.  The old ragged ones have to go and then the others have to go to a thrift shop. He never wears half of them, but always has to buy one when we go somewhere new.

As for me, I am perfect (LOL) I only have the stuff I need.  Believe that and I have a bridge I can sell you. 

As for cats, Hats off to those of you who have them.  I don’t

I will pass on the cocktail and the meal.  The wine sounds nice and within the budget.

We are still in waiting mode in regard to the bathroom.  No word from the Contractor.  Getting tired of this.  

It is another warm sunny day here in Bluffton.  We are already wearing shorts.  The pollen is falling and turning everything green.  We cannot put our cars in the garage so my silver car is now green.  Can’t wait to clean out the garage but cannot do that until the contractor is gone.

Hope everyone has a great day and stays safe.

God Bless.

Terri

Thank you Terri.

Sarah's friends funeral was today and it was a very moving ceremony.

Graham.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 9

Good morning. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily.

I have lots of old stuff, some I'm trying to get rid of; but my antique furniture and things handed down I'll keep. Cat rescue is important. It's also National Read Across America day here. Good quote. The meal sounds interesting. I'll pass on the drink and yes to the wine.

I haven't been to Trondheim. 

Today will be nice, partly sunny, not quite as warm as yesterday. High winds and rain tonight and tomorrow. I spent most of last evening trying to settle my eye down. It seems better today, and I'll keep an eye on it (no pun intended). I slept about 8 hours, but had a couple of doses of Benadry due to my injection. No special plans for today.

@StLouisCruisers Thanks for our start today. Lovely Trondheim photos.

@kazu Probably the physio that stirred up the elbow discomfort; I hope it's better today. 

@Mr. Boston Enjoy Curacao today. 

@GTVCRUISER Great photo.

@smitty34877 Prayers for DH and you. I hope all issues can be resolved easily. And continued prayers for Tana as she bravely faces her illness.

@dfish Thanks for the recipes. I hope DB does ok on the trip to the grocery store. 

@rafinmd I hope the better sleep continues.

@marshhawk I hope you get sorted with what food bothered you.

@Cruzin Terri I do hope you hear from the contractor soon. 

@grapau27 Hugs to Sarah on this difficult day of her friend's funeral. 

Prayers for the Care List and Cheers for the Celebration List.

Stay well everyone.

Edited by JazzyV
  • Like 18
  • Thanks 5

Good morning from a cloudy central Texas.  The prediction is for storms, rain, high winds, maybe hail and possibly a chance for tornados.  I think we'll get the high winds, but not the tornados, but with Texas weather you never know.  Everything outside is battened down as much as possible, and the car that sits outside is now in a neighbors port since they are traveling in their motorhome.  It will be 77F today, so it's another shorts day, but tomorrow the high will be 64F, so the jeans come out of the closet.

The weeds are finally beginning to look like the weed killer is working.  At least, some of the are turning yellow.  I still plan on spraying them again a couple of more times.  Plus, I'll put a preemergence down after the chance of a late frost is passed.

This morning has been busy doing laundry and getting everything moved outside.  Laundry day is usually two or three loads plus the sheets, but today there are five loads plus the sheets.  We've decided to replace the washer and dryer instead of trying to repair the 23 year old washer.  DH likes the idea of a bigger capacity washer and dryer which would mean fewer loads.  They will likely be more efficient too.

Today is also Texas Independence Day.   According to Wikipedia, "Texas Independence Day is the celebration of the adoption of the Texas Declaration of Independence on March 2, 1836. With this document signed by 59 delegates, settlers in Mexican Texas officially declared independence from Mexico and created the Republic of Texas."  The signing took place at Washington-on-the-Brazos.  

image.jpeg.e16a97932edad810eb7d9a1720917d80.jpeg

We have gotten rid of some old stuff, but the items handed down through the family are still here.  If the DDs don't want them, I might donate them to the Grace Museum in Abilene.  Most of our cats were rescues, but we don't have cats now due to allergies and traveling.  Even though we're not in the UK or Ireland, I'll celebrate world book day.

An interesting quote by Socrates.

The meal sounds good for our vegetarians, and I like the sound of the one with lentils and mushrooms.  We'll pass on the drink, but the wine sounds very nice.

We have been to Trondheim twice, and I'll look for my pictures in a few minutes.

@JazzyV  Vanessa, thank you for putting DH on the celebration list.

@GTVCRUISER  Thanks for the wonderful picture from San Diego.

@smitty34877  Terry, as Ann @cat shepard said so well, you will worry, which is natural when a spouse is having problems.  Sending positive thoughts that all that was found on the cat scan is either easily fixed, cured or better yet, nothing to worry about.  ((((HUGS))))

@dfish  Debbie, I'm sure your grandmother's needlepoint chair is very treasured by the family.

@Cruzin Terri  Terri, I'm glad your DBIL's medical equipment will be put to good use by others who need it.  DH and I also buy t-shirts as souvenirs when we travel.  That means we both have more t-shirts than we need, but getting rid of ones with special memories is difficult.  Some worn out ones are saved for dirty/messy jobs like working on cars or painting.

@grapau27  Graham, we are thinking about Sarah and her friend on this difficult day.  It sounds like you and Pauline were at the funeral to support Sarah and her friend.  Again, Sarah is very lucky to have you to lean on.

@JazzyV  Vanessa, I hope your eye is better and that the drops can keep the problem in check.

@kazu  Jacqui, I hope the elbow is better today.  Take the therapy fairly easy today after yesterday's session.

Lenda

Edited by Quartzsite Cruiser
  • Like 19
  • Thanks 4

Good morning. Well, the bad storm that was forecast gave us pretty much of miss yesterday. We only got about 3 inches instead of the 8-10 predicted and today the sun is shinning. I have not had the fortitude to look at the long range forecast yet. I can celebrate all of the days and Shepard's pie in any form is a favorite with me.

Little new from here. I continue the very, very slow process of clearing out. Other than that, just dog walks unless I have to go the shelter for some reason. I do have to try to bust up the snow pile (ice really) in front of the trash bin. I am short and can not reach over it to open the lid. I keep hoping someone else will do it. Someone younger maybe. Which is just about everyone else in these buildings.

@smitty34877Sorry there are increased health concerns at your house. Hopefully the doctors will find they were looking at nothing. I always dread a return visit. @kazutake it easy with the elbow... it may be trying to tell you to slow down (something that I know is hard to do). Best wishes for good or improving health (whichever fits) to all.

Susan

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1

We have visited Trondheim twice, in  2005 on Marco Polo and in 2011 on Prinsendam. On those visits, we wandered around and took a tour offered by the visitor's office.

In 2011 while on the Prinsendam, the local tour took us to a park that had a collection of old buildings on display, including a small Stave church.

P1030033.thumb.JPG.28399784ac7083f80befddd1f5150cd7.JPG

P1030034.thumb.JPG.6c0d0c12e598e34a9725bf2d81796119.JPG

The altar in the church, the roof trusses, the door, and a side view.

P1030038.thumb.JPG.cff1a4ec47f68001c3c0ba907f154787.JPG

P1030035.thumb.JPG.29eee2dc80e04e5f49078ec3af8a3ec9.JPG

P1030039.thumb.JPG.a529f6a7de37ccea2ac9524f8ff89fb3.JPG

P1030042.thumb.JPG.f6206da6758dc53ba417eb58c16a43b8.JPG

An ancient boat

P1030043.thumb.JPG.0d6b8504e6e304c6b650aa6d5b96bc10.JPG

We also visited the fortress, but my pictures are the same as @StLouisCruisers Sandi's.  The next two are from a high point over looking the town and port.

P1030049.thumb.JPG.c04053bf445a7251f92a782e5141934d.JPG

P1030045.thumb.JPG.8680d6323e8811e4f1b60b7a14e6f6ae.JPG

Scenes from our walks around town.  The rest of the pictures are duplicate of those already posted.

P1030069.thumb.JPG.7a462bfb66ed44b7b1a3ae4359fc0898.JPG

P1030070.thumb.JPG.caa38bff5052b564536958a4eca37ead.JPG

P1030071.thumb.JPG.bb669498c729f6725905825f0bee304d.JPG

IMG_5775.JPG

A band marching through town.

P1030032.JPG

The view from the ship as we sailed.

IMG_5783.JPG

Lenda

• Like 18
  • Thanks 7

Good afternoon from Brazil. Thanks for the Daily Reports each day Sandi and thanks @JazzyVfor the cares report. Prayers for all on our list, the family of the NS entertainer and the people of Ukraine.  @smitty34877I pray things go well for your DH at the cardiologist.  I have friends on the NS and I see they are heading to Port Everglades. What a somber way to end a cruise.  

We are in Santarem and did the piranha fishing trip.  Few fish were landed but they were biting with a lot of bait used up.  The boat ride through the flooded during rainy season areas was nice and we got to see local small scale farming up close.  It was a partly sunny day with a breeze and not a bit hot. 

They really handled it well. We boarded our fishing boats off a barge tied to the ship.  No taking a boat ride to take another boat ride. I would like to sit on the balcony  but we are low on bug repellent.  Maybe we can find some in Manaus.  Have a wonderful day. Nancy 

IMG_20230302_130622912_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230302_095706767_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230302_115406075.jpg

IMG_20230302_094019541.jpg

IMG_20230302_091940580_HDR.jpg

• Like 20
  • Thanks 7

Good morning! After my birthday dinner which was wonderful we watched some tv and I fell asleep in my recliner. Woke up in chair at 5:30 went to bed and woke up at 10:30 AM. Yes I’m feeling rather rested. 
image.thumb.jpeg.4c5343f36a4eef3fb756b2ba2cfd4d4d.jpeg

The lobster was delicious and the best part of the day was Face Time with our children and grandchildren.

Another warm day but pretty cloudy,  the sun pokes through now and then. Having been brought up in New England I’m used to leaves falling in the fall. Where as here in Florida we get falling leaves in late fall and again in spring. So my yard needs a good raking but it would be a waste of time at the rate they are falling off the oak trees.

image.jpeg.4288f73e985e9f41fdd8951fde1a33a0.jpegimage.jpeg.8b5787493893d00104770c304d3b5de3.jpegimage.jpeg.b1b6ac1efc8599b9267da062592c2fe8.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.df3be906339c7aefaabd6bcd314ac5e1.jpeg

Thanks for the reports, camaraderie and laughs.

Bruce

Edited by aliaschief
  • Like 12
  • Haha 11

Good morning Daily-ites.

Well, we lost March 2nd and on to March 3rd as we crossed the International Date Line.

Many thanks to our ladies who have stepped up to bring life to our Daily. You are awesome!

My seasickness wore off after I added my new patch. Eventually..

2 cats have found their way into our lives: Izzy and Sophie. Sophie did not stay long as my sweet husband was so allergic to her. She is now the queen of the household at our groomer. She even rules the dogs..

I cleaned out every old thing I wouldnt be using in our move to Texas 2 years ago. Anything I have that is old I want to keep.

We have a neighbor who passed away this morning. She had long years with many cancers. She devoted herself to research in her last 2 years. Lived life to the max. She has 3 cats ready to go to their new homes. Everything well planned. God rest her soul.

Prayers lifted to all on our care list, I pray everyday for you. Roy I hope you grow stronger each day. Prayers to Sarah and her friends who went thru her friends funeral.

Take care. Be kind. Have an awesome day! Happy Friday!! 💕

• Like 17
  • Thanks 5

Good morning and Happy Thursday from snowy Tucson. It started about 10:00 last night and was still snowing at 8:00 this morning when I got up. Third snow this winter and the latest I ever remember.  According to my weather app we got 2.8 inches. 

Last night:

869FD83F-A7E1-4AD3-ACF1-C4D2EB3D5A6B.thumb.jpeg.efe9c162b0256fe458eaf95534669efa.jpeg

This morning:

425B0B70-657C-44AD-92FB-6EC09BB5961E.thumb.jpeg.dcce1f3db10bd20789cb5832d1b9b9da.jpeg

Our kids called us this morning excited. Our DS works outside so has the day off. He and his SO decided to just drive around and take in the beauty. 

Have a great day everyone!

• Like 18
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

I hope the storm coming your way isn't as bad as the meteorologist predicts.

Thanks Sandi but there’s no denying it will be a doozy.  

4 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Is your elbow doing any better this morning? 

It stings at the tip a lot.  I’m hoping it is due to the barometric pressure or the cream and massage yesterday by the physio?  But, I can feel the pin pressing - just stay there please until I see my surgeon in a few weeks.  

4 hours ago, smitty34877 said:

I am trying not to worry  until I have to but it looks like there are several problems the doctor found on the CT scan Monday.Today we are back to the cardiologist  to see if something  needs to be done about a finding at the aorta.

Oh dear on the CT scan and the worries 😔 You have more than enough without that.

I hope the cardiologist can help with an easy solution 🙏🏻 

35 minutes ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Finally!

The Contractor and the Tilers will be here tomorrow morning at 9 am.

Terri

Yippee!!!  Hallelujah!  

32 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

We have a neighbor who passed away this morning. She had long years with many cancers. She devoted herself to research in her last 2 years. Lived life to the max. She has 3 cats ready to go to their new homes. Everything well planned. God rest her soul.

So sorry to hear this 😢 Bless her for planning for her fur babies.  May she rest in peace.  🙏🏻 

8 minutes ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Good morning and Happy Thursday from snowy Tucson. It started about 10:00 last night and was still snowing at 8:00 this morning when I got up. Third snow this winter and the latest I ever remember.  According to my weather app we got 2.8 inches. 

I can send you some snow if you would like more 😂 

• Like 16

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you Terri.

Sarah's friends funeral was today and it was a very moving ceremony.

Graham.

Hugs to Sarah on this sad day for her, and to you and Pauline for being there for Sarah.  I'm sure the widow, family and friends are having a difficult time grasping their loss.

1 hour ago, JazzyV said:

Good morning. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily.

I have lots of old stuff, some I'm trying to get rid of; but my antique furniture and things handed down I'll keep. Cat rescue is important. It's also National Read Across America day here. Good quote. The meal sounds interesting. I'll pass on the drink and yes to the wine.

I haven't been to Trondheim. 

Today will be nice, partly sunny, not quite as warm as yesterday. High winds and rain tonight and tomorrow. I spent most of last evening trying to settle my eye down. It seems better today, and I'll keep an eye on it (no pun intended). I slept about 8 hours, but had a couple of doses of Benadry due to my injection. No special plans for today.

@StLouisCruisers Thanks for our start today. Lovely Trondheim photos.

@kazu Probably the physio that stirred up the elbow discomfort; I hope it's better today. 

@Mr. Boston Enjoy Curacao today. 

@GTVCRUISER Great photo.

@smitty34877 Prayers for DH and you. I hope all issues can be resolved easily. And continued prayers for Tana as she bravely faces her illness.

@dfish Thanks for the recipes. I hope DB does ok on the trip to the grocery store. 

@rafinmd I hope the better sleep continues.

@marshhawk I hope you get sorted with what food bothered you.

@Cruzin Terri I do hope you hear from the contractor soon. 

@grapau27 Hugs to Sarah on this difficult day of her friend's funeral. 

Prayers for the Care List and Cheers for the Celebration List.

Stay well everyone.

Vanessa, I hope your eye problem eases soon.  It looks like you have a lot of experience with this particular issue.  Eight hours sleep sounds wonderful!  I took some Benadryl last night but woke up at 1:30 and stayed up for quite a while.  Eventually I dozed and woke up at 4 for the day.  Still, I'm pretty used to it so I guess I will live.  LOL!

18 minutes ago, ottahand7 said:

Good afternoon from Brazil. Thanks for the Daily Reports each day Sandi and thanks @JazzyVfor the cares report. Prayers for all on our list, the family of the NS entertainer and the people of Ukraine.  @smitty34877I pray things go well for your DH at the cardiologist.  I have friends on the NS and I see they are heading to Port Everglades. What a somber way to end a cruise.  

We are in Santarem and did the piranha fishing trip.  Few fish were landed but they were biting with a lot of bait used up.  The boat ride through the flooded during rainy season areas was nice and we got to see local small scale farming up close.  It was a partly sunny day with a breeze and not a bit hot. 

They really handled it well. We boarded our fishing boats off a barge tied to the ship.  No taking a boat ride to take another boat ride. I would like to sit on the balcony  but we are low on bug repellent.  Maybe we can find some in Manaus.  Have a wonderful day. Nancy 

IMG_20230302_130622912_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230302_095706767_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230302_115406075.jpg

IMG_20230302_094019541.jpg

IMG_20230302_091940580_HDR.jpg

I remember those barges too.  The water looked pretty high in your fishing photos.  Did they mention anything about water levels?  As you recall, the water levels were low around Manaus in Nov.-Dec. and we could only arrive during daytime hours.  Are you still heading to Boca da Valeria tomorrow?

14 minutes ago, aliaschief said:

Good morning! After my birthday dinner which was wonderful we watched some tv and I fell asleep in my recliner. Woke up in chair at 5:30 went to bed and woke up at 10:30 AM. Yes I’m feeling rather rested. 
image.thumb.jpeg.4c5343f36a4eef3fb756b2ba2cfd4d4d.jpeg

The lobster was delicious and the best part of the day was Face Time with our children and grandchildren.

Another warm day but pretty cloudy,  the sun pokes through now and then. Having been brought up in New England I’m used to leaves falling in the fall. Where as here in Florida we get falling leaves in late fall and again in spring. So my yard needs a good raking but it would be a waste of time at the rate they are falling off the oak trees.

image.jpeg.4288f73e985e9f41fdd8951fde1a33a0.jpegimage.jpeg.8b5787493893d00104770c304d3b5de3.jpegimage.jpeg.b1b6ac1efc8599b9267da062592c2fe8.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.df3be906339c7aefaabd6bcd314ac5e1.jpeg

Thanks for the reports, camaraderie and laughs.

Bruce

Thanks again for the memes!  Great fun.  Your lobster looked great and sounds like you had an enjoyable day.  And why is it the men are sleeping so well, or at least most of you are.  I give up!🤷‍♀️

14 minutes ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Finally!

The Contractor and the Tilers will be here tomorrow morning at 9 am.

Terri

Excellent news!

11 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Good morning Daily-ites.

Well, we lost March 2nd and on to March 3rd as we crossed the International Date Line.

Many thanks to our ladies who have stepped up to bring life to our Daily. You are awesome!

My seasickness wore off after I added my new patch. Eventually..

2 cats have found their way into our lives: Izzy and Sophie. Sophie did not stay long as my sweet husband was so allergic to her. She is now the queen of the household at our groomer. She even rules the dogs..

I cleaned out every old thing I wouldnt be using in our move to Texas 2 years ago. Anything I have that is old I want to keep.

Prayers lifted to all on our care list, I pray everyday for you. Roy I hope you grow stronger each day. Prayers to Sarah and her friends who went thru her friends funeral.

Take care. Be kind. Have an awesome day! Happy Friday!! 💕

So sorry to hear about your neighbor passing away Joy.  She sounds like a remarkable woman.  I hope her cats are happy in their new homes, and it was wonderful of her to think about their welfare in advance.  Hope you are all having fun on your Koningsdam cruise!

@Sharon in AZit's nice when the snow arrives somewhere that people will appreciate it.  Not at my home please!

Well, I was home earlier than I thought I would be this morning.  Before my hair appointment I ran into an adjacent grocery store to replenish our wine and beer supply.  That done, I went into the hair salon and was told my stylist, who owns the salon, was sick with a stomach bug today.  She said she texted me to cancel the appointment but obviously she texted my landline.  No text.  She did that once before, and since then I have texted her several times, and she back to me.  But not today!  So I went home with a rescheduled appointment for next Friday.  Luckily the rain wasn't too bad while gone, but it's rained pretty hard since I got home.  When a new lake appears on the golf course fairway behind us you know it was a heavy rain.  

DH is upset with Amazon today.  He ordered something Sunday and of course your prime membership delivery is supposed to be two days, right?  Well, that never happens anymore.  You know why?  They send these packages all over the country on their way to your house.  Yesterday morning the package was in Atlanta where it originated, and then they sent it off to Katy, Texas yesterday afternoon.  So now it's there in Katy.  What is wrong with this picture?  We live 30 to 40 miles from Atlanta depending on north or south.  Somebody made a boo-boo!

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

Good morning all!

It's 38 F and raining here, all the snow has washed away.

We have a lot of "old stuff" here, including us!  Like others, I have treasured items that belonged to my grandparents (desks, a china cabinet,  needlepoint chairs, paintings my grandmother did) that I cannot ever part with. I have moved them around the country for 40+ years.  Yesterday DH took 2 large bags of clothing and several boxes of glassware to "Helping Hands", a donation center here.  

All but 1 of our many cats over the years have been rescue cats, and as I've posted, DD has 2 new kittens who are rescue too.  One of mine was a rescue of only 10 days old (abandoned in a field).  I raised her with a bottle and she lived 17 years.  All my cats have been special, but that one was especially close to me.

I'll pass on the meal, wine and drink. Tonight I'm going to make one of the cheesy tortellini  recipes that Debbie @dfishprovided the other day.  We've been to Norway but never to Trondheim.  Thank you Sandi @StLouisCruisersand Lenda @Quartzsite Cruiserfor the great photos.  I'd love to go there some day.

This afternoon I'll see the Nephrologist for the first time.  I'm anxious to get answers and  a plan, but also nervous.  Yesterday I decided to see where the building is, since it's outside of our clinic.  I was dismayed to find out that it's right downtown Everett, an area I try to avoid.  There's basically no parking either. It's a nice new building, I just don't like that area.  My wonderful DH has offered to drive me there and drop me off.  I'll call him when I'm done.  Much better!  Even he doesn't want me parking in that area (if I could find a spot).  

Sandi @StLouisCruisersI'm so very sorry to hear about your brother's pulmonary fibrosis.  Sending hugs and prayers to the family in this trying time.

Terry @smitty34877Prayers that your DH's coronary issues can be easily dealt with.  You certainly don't need more to worry about, I know it's hard not to.  (((hugs)))   Your DD's cats are all gorgeous, thanks for sharing that photo. 🙂  

Vanessa @JazzyVI'm glad that your eye seems better today.

Lenda @Quartzsite CruiserSo happy to hear that your DH got a good report from the surgeon. 🙂  

Jacqui @kazuGo easy on that elbow 🙂  

Terri @Cruzin TerriGreat news that the contractor and tilers will be out tomorrow.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 5

Happy Thursday!

it’s snowing here, as usual.  

Unfortunately, I’m allergic to cats but my son, sister and nieces all have sweet rescue cats.

We will be getting a foster dog next week,  we adopted our present foster dog after having her for just one week!🙂.  DH keeps reminding me that we will only be fostering,

not adopting this new pup.  I’m going to try and remember that!

Sending positive thoughts to all.

• Like 18

Good morning!  It is a bright, clear blue sky day in Western Colorado.  After our on again/off again snow that can't make up its mind, I am enjoying the sunshine!   I have to go to a meeting that is about 1-1/2 hours away, so am grateful!

I have never had shepherd's pie, so think the recipes look interesting.  I am trying to reduce the amount of meat I eat, so that might be one way for me to try something new.  Of course, when I make anything, then I get to eat it for 3-4 days, even if I try to downsize a recipe. 

I probably will get In the mood to "declutter" but when the weather warms up.  There is too much old stuff around here, including me!

I am keeping all on the cares list in my prayers!  So many of the Daily family have such difficult health challenges currently,  Since I returned from Hawaii, I have had wine on one occasion, so I will raise a glass of water/soda to those celebrating.  I know the wine industry is probably hurting!

Have a great day, everyone

Mary Kay

• Like 17