The Fleet Report and Daily for Monday March 6th, 2023

Today is Dentist's Day, National Frozen Food Day, and National Oreo Cookie Day

Happiness is having a large, loving, caring, close-knit family in another city. - George Burns

Meal Suggestion for today - Perfect Fried Rice
Drink of the Day - Makers Mark Mint Julep
Wine of the Day - DeLille Cellars Chaleur Blanc, Columbia Valley, Washington State
Destination of the Day - Auckland, New Zealand

Eurodam

At Sea Destination Oranjestad Aruba, Netherlands Antilles eta 3-07

Nieuw Amsterdam

At Sea Destination San Juan, Puerto Rico eta 3-08

Nieuw Statendam

Grand Turk Island, Cockburn Town, Turks and Caicos 08:00 - 16:00

Oosterdam

At Sea Destination Montevideo, Uruguay eta 3-08

Rotterdam

At Sea Destination Half Moon Cay, Bahamas eta 3-07

Volendam

Parintins, Brazil Amazon 08:00 - 14:00

Zaandam

At Sea Destination Cartagena Colombia eta 3-07

Zuiderdam

At Sea Destination Maputo, Mozambique eta 3-08

Eastern Hemisphere

Koningsdam

Raiatea Island, Uturoa, French Polynesia 08:00 Arrive

Noordam

Hobart, Tasmania Australia 08:00 - 23:00

Westerdam

Keelung, Taipei City, Taiwan China 08:00 - 17:00

image.thumb.png.c8f27b489e40581c01d19ed39c71e3dd.png

image.thumb.png.d08b0681942656633de457030ee24a4a.png

Sandi for Rich and Roy

• Like 22
  • Thanks 10

Thanks for the Fleet update and General Info.

How nice to have Dentist Day with National Oreo Cookie Day! I guess you could say that eating an Oreo cookie everyday will make your dentist happy everyday!

As far as National Frozen Food Day, my favorite FF is ice cream. And please don’t try to freeze grits and thaw them out and eat them.

Port of the day, Auckland NZ. There in 2003 for several days prior to a Princess cruise. One thing I remember about New Zealand is what our tour guide said. There were 4 million people and 60 million sheep. I know there must be a baaaaa….d  joke there 😀

• Like 17
  • Haha 4

Good morning friends!  It will be a lovely sunny day today with a high temp of 77 but it's only 47 right now so a bit brisk.  It was gorgeous yesterday so DH got out his power washer and new attachment specifically for concrete so that he could clean our driveway.  Next he has the public sidewalk, curbing and patio to do but I'm not pushing him.  He can do it on his own time.  It looks so much better now.  Here in the muggy south we have a real problem with black moldy crud that mars the cement unless you clean it up regularly.

Well, big thanks to Rich @richwmnfor preparing the Daily and Fleet Report ahead of time for us.  And thanks to all who help out and who post here each day.  Today we'd like to show appreciation to dentists.  Much as some of us don't like them we need their services so thanks to all the dentists out there.  Frozen food is a modern convenience to allow us to enjoy any type of food even out of season.  Oreo cookies!  Love them but never buy them.  Too tempting!  Our George Burns quote is a humorous one.  I can picture him standing there in his suit holding his cigar.  I'm interested to see what Debbie @dfish says perfect fried rice is.  Maybe we're doing it wrong!  Interesting drink and wine selections so let's wait for Dixie @summer slopeand Ann @cat shepard to see what they have to say about them.

Advance thanks to Vanessa @JazzyVfor today's Care and Celebration lists.  Prayers will be said shortly for all needing them and to all around the world in tough situations.  I have a family member who is not having a great week so I will pray that all works out well for them in the end.  🙏 Three cheers for those celebrating happy events and cruises.🎉🎉🎉  Enjoy yourselves as we salute you.

Our port today is the city of Auckland, New Zealand.  This has been the port once before on April 27, 2022 so below is the link to Rich's post that day.  Please show us your photos and I will do the same.  Thanks in advance!

We ended a 39 day Asia-Australia-New Zealand cruise on Diamond Princess on Dec. 23, 2013.  Since our flight wasn't leaving until early morning Christmas Eve we had a nice full day to explore Auckland.  Our view at breakfast from our ship.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLncRQNrfx_XkXf9SGPL9Bp?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1388712010

Our hotel was located on that adjoining dock, the Auckland Hilton.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLZtEjRt9-QPKog6bgDbwFC?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1388712004

We disembarked the Diamond Princess and checked in.  The concierge there helped us clear up a problem with our airline that we learned about that morning then we headed out for a walk around the downtown area.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLtswcCyvt01EA5RkZoVPWF?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1388712027

The streets were busy with Christmas shoppers and the usual city traffic.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKQLiIItn-jZBqHrT54Nw06?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1388712042

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLpwvgu9f5vd6e6UEEwnS2i?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1388712057

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIOnTmjUq4KLJDJKaPvF_OC?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1388712063

We saw the Sky Tower.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKFpeWLB7taXhk5fz2sp8Xh?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1388712060

The Civic Theatre00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJtJMt5xSBFIcS2kxN4Fq8H?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1388712066

and this building which my photo book identified as the Auckland Art Gallery Toi o Tamaki.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIDqSjjN7vaYzZG798YMNmG?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1388712073

Later that day we joined others outside a fenced area and waved goodbye to the Diamond Princess as she continued on her next voyage.  The following morning we flew home (Dec. 24) and arrived home in Georgia that same night, on Christmas Eve.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLJu2KQbQ7ZI8DDj-dge-j3?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1388712129

The next trip there was near the end of our 2017 Australia circumnavigation/Tasmania/Papua New Guinea and New Zealand cruises on Sun Princess.  That was a little over two months.  Each of those four cruises began and ended in Sydney, Australia so we were lucky to spend quite a few days in Sydney itself.  We were in Auckland Dec. 5, 2017.  This shot taken from the Sun Princess shows a BHB at the other dock.  I can't quite read the name on it.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLz1HZiTHB3RsqBcmlk4Mw2?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513626686

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIlPWVAl-Tmni747y2yUE4m?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513626687

More of the same type of photos as last time.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJb0riIUElOBDuGGHtypB4y?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1651067235

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIsKhi0MrktVbqKVxbkxaYm?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513620647

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVL8W6HwLz2YfsKAe5tuNLwE?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513626731

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIydT-XsmsO6F7nmSojTWzQ?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1651067252

We saw a beautiful church called St. Patrick's Cathedral.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJAK3fybn08NKBsdEIVT6J2?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1651067420

Quite beautiful inside00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIhw-VQO8jmB7mFsCZLUlPD?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513626783

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLznW8pHoK53tGg1wG3D_h4?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513626772

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIRh3XkOt1PKMaqnY8SSKHm?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513620656

A nice pipe organ and choir loft00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVL_9Dsffkm7tRxHZtUazBsA?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513626772

Back to the ship, the Sun Princess00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVK4XiontAJj7AK8asflHda-?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513626783

The next day we attempted to see the Bay of Islands but due to swells we were unable to tender over.  And believe me, several types of boats were tried out, but it wasn't safe.  My view of the Bay of Islands00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKd_qHErgI4GD_gpKL99kMe?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513626840

Hope you enjoyed these photos of our walk around the City of Auckland.

I have my annual physical this morning so hope everything comes out fine.   The blood tests already came back nearly perfect so I'm happy about that. 

Have a safe day everyone!

• Like 23
  • Thanks 4

38 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Good morning friends!  It will be a lovely sunny day today with a high temp of 77 but it's only 47 right now so a bit brisk.  It was gorgeous yesterday so DH got out his power washer and new attachment specifically for concrete so that he could clean our driveway.  Next he has the public sidewalk, curbing and patio to do but I'm not pushing him.  He can do it on his own time.  It looks so much better now.  Here in the muggy south we have a real problem with black moldy crud that mars the cement unless you clean it up regularly.

Well, big thanks to Rich @richwmnfor preparing the Daily and Fleet Report ahead of time for us.  And thanks to all who help out and who post here each day.  Today we'd like to show appreciation to dentists.  Much as some of us don't like them we need their services so thanks to all the dentists out there.  Frozen food is a modern convenience to allow us to enjoy any type of food even out of season.  Oreo cookies!  Love them but never buy them.  Too tempting!  Our George Burns quote is a humorous one.  I can picture him standing there in his suit holding his cigar.  I'm interested to see what Debbie @dfish says perfect fried rice is.  Maybe we're doing it wrong!  Interesting drink and wine selections so let's wait for Dixie @summer slopeand Ann @cat shepard to see what they have to say about them.

Advance thanks to Vanessa @JazzyVfor today's Care and Celebration lists.  Prayers will be said shortly for all needing them and to all around the world in tough situations.  I have a family member who is not having a great week so I will pray that all works out well for them in the end.  🙏 Three cheers for those celebrating happy events and cruises.🎉🎉🎉  Enjoy yourselves as we salute you.

Our port today is the city of Auckland, New Zealand.  This has been the port once before on April 27, 2022 so below is the link to Rich's post that day.  Please show us your photos and I will do the same.  Thanks in advance!

We ended a 39 day Asia-Australia-New Zealand cruise on Diamond Princess on Dec. 23, 2013.  Since our flight wasn't leaving until early morning Christmas Eve we had a nice full day to explore Auckland.  Our view at breakfast from our ship.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLncRQNrfx_XkXf9SGPL9Bp?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1388712010

Our hotel was located on that adjoining dock, the Auckland Hilton.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLZtEjRt9-QPKog6bgDbwFC?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1388712004

We disembarked the Diamond Princess and checked in.  The concierge there helped us clear up a problem with our airline that we learned about that morning then we headed out for a walk around the downtown area.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLtswcCyvt01EA5RkZoVPWF?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1388712027

The streets were busy with Christmas shoppers and the usual city traffic.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKQLiIItn-jZBqHrT54Nw06?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1388712042

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLpwvgu9f5vd6e6UEEwnS2i?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1388712057

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIOnTmjUq4KLJDJKaPvF_OC?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1388712063

We saw the Sky Tower.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKFpeWLB7taXhk5fz2sp8Xh?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1388712060

The Civic Theatre00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJtJMt5xSBFIcS2kxN4Fq8H?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1388712066

and this building which my photo book identified as the Auckland Art Gallery Toi o Tamaki.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIDqSjjN7vaYzZG798YMNmG?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1388712073

Later that day we joined others outside a fenced area and waved goodbye to the Diamond Princess as she continued on her next voyage.  The following morning we flew home (Dec. 24) and arrived home in Georgia that same night, on Christmas Eve.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLJu2KQbQ7ZI8DDj-dge-j3?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1388712129

The next trip there was near the end of our 2017 Australia circumnavigation/Tasmania/Papua New Guinea and New Zealand cruises on Sun Princess.  That was a little over two months.  Each of those four cruises began and ended in Sydney, Australia so we were lucky to spend quite a few days in Sydney itself.  We were in Auckland Dec. 5, 2017.  This shot taken from the Sun Princess shows a BHB at the other dock.  I can't quite read the name on it.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLz1HZiTHB3RsqBcmlk4Mw2?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513626686

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIlPWVAl-Tmni747y2yUE4m?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513626687

More of the same type of photos as last time.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJb0riIUElOBDuGGHtypB4y?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1651067235

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIsKhi0MrktVbqKVxbkxaYm?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513620647

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVL8W6HwLz2YfsKAe5tuNLwE?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513626731

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIydT-XsmsO6F7nmSojTWzQ?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1651067252

We saw a beautiful church called St. Patrick's Cathedral.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJAK3fybn08NKBsdEIVT6J2?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1651067420

Quite beautiful inside00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIhw-VQO8jmB7mFsCZLUlPD?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513626783

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLznW8pHoK53tGg1wG3D_h4?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513626772

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIRh3XkOt1PKMaqnY8SSKHm?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513620656

A nice pipe organ and choir loft00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVL_9Dsffkm7tRxHZtUazBsA?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513626772

Back to the ship, the Sun Princess00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVK4XiontAJj7AK8asflHda-?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513626783

The next day we attempted to see the Bay of Islands but due to swells we were unable to tender over.  And believe me, several types of boats were tried out, but it wasn't safe.  My view of the Bay of Islands00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKd_qHErgI4GD_gpKL99kMe?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513626840

I have my annual physical this morning so hope everything comes out fine.   The blood tests already came back nearly perfect so I'm happy about that. 

Excellent photos Sandi.

Good luck with your annual physical medical.

Graham 

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Good morning.

I did a few sales calls this morning then stopped at the beach to look out to sea.

Many thanks Sandi @StLouisCruisers for supplying today's daily reports.

I have had more than my fair share of dentist visits with several crowns and implants costing thousands of pounds.

We tend to eat very little frozen food preferring fresh produce.

I hope everyone is safe and well.

Graham.

IMG_20230306_092228.jpg

• Like 26

Makers Mark Mint Julep cocktail:

Ingredients
2 parts Maker's Mark® Bourbon
½ part Simple Syrup
6-8
Fresh Mint Leave

Garnish: Mint Sprig

Instructions
Add mint leaves and simple syrup into a julep cup and gently muddle. Add ice and top with Maker’s Mark® Bourbon. Stir until glass is chilled. Garnish with a mint sprig.

To make your own simple syrup, combine 1 cup of granulated sugar and 1 cup distilled water in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Stir constantly until sugar has dissolved. Set aside to cool.

Screenshot 2023-03-06 at 6.17.31 AM.png

• Like 22
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1

Good morning.  Thanks for the Daily and Fleet Report.

A big thank you to dentists, teeth are important.  I try to keep our freezer well stocked in case winter storms make getting to a store impossible.  I'm not a big fan of oreo cookies, I'd rather have something else.

Love the quote.

We enjoy fried rice as a side dish, looking forward to seeing recipes.  I'll pass on the drink, but hope the wine is tasty.

Thanks for the pictures of today's port.

Cold and sunny here today, with a chance of flurries.  I hope we won't have to shovel.  Bertie and I will be heading out for a walk soon.

Prayers for all.

Have a wonderful day, I hope it's the start of a good week.

Stay safe.

• Like 21
  • Thanks 2

Good morning from a balmy 37F Boston.  Not quite the temps that I had gotten used to in the ABC’s!  Thanks for the daily report, recipes and lists.  Would it be rude to visit the dentist after eating Oreos?  We froze pesto last summer; that would be nice with some fresh linguine.  I think George Burns was very funny, I miss his humor.  Not a huge fried rice fan so I’ll wait for the recipes. I always associate mint juleps with the Kentucky Derby so I’ll wait until then.  Prayers for all on our list. Cheers to all celebrating happy events today!

• Like 22

Today’s care list:

Roy recovering from pneumonia; awaiting sleep oxygen study

Dailyites not sleeping well

Vict0riann’s DD and DH with health issues

Seasick Sailor’s niece’s cat crossing the Rainbow Bridge today

Citizens of Ukraine/ New Zealand/Earthquake victims/E. Palestine & PA residents

From the rotation:

Summer slope’s kitty having problems

Jacqui recovering from elbow surgery

Tana’s pulmonary issues

Scrapnana undergoing chemotherapy

Celebrations and Shout outs:

Napier re-opens to cruise ships 

Vict0riann’s Pat feeling better

Cruzin Terri’s tilers working at her house

Luvteaching’s DH at home and doing well

Welcome Home bennybear

RMLincoln family cruise (Rotterdam to 3/8), SusieKIslandGirl (Noordam to 3/11), Cruisercl (NCL Bliss to 3/12), TAW1963 (Ruby Princess 3/12), ottahand7 and Lindaler (Volendam to 3/18), Suslor (Zaandam to 3/18), Seasick Sailor and 57redbird (Koningsdam to 3/25), Norseh2o (Oceania Marina to 4/6), and Cat in My Lap, Gail&Marty, Richwmn and HorizonChaser1957 (Zuiderdam to 5/12) at sea

• Like 21
  • Thanks 11

Good morning.  Prayers for all in need and safe travels to those on a voyage right now.  Have fun!

A bit cold in PA today but should warm up later.  I am trying to get my 3 miles in each day but sometimes the weather gets in the way.  

Still unpacking and then repacking.  Sister cruise on Sunday.  DD coming to stay with DH for the week.  It will be a caretaker break for me — the first since last June.  Plus twin sister and I do nothing but laugh when we are together — good for the soul.  

TS making tilapia for dinner today.  She and her DH live across the street and we often share meals.  Her recipe for the fish includes a coating of mayo and panko breadcrumbs.  Delicious.

Prayers for all to have a safe and lovely day.  Katherine 

• Like 24

1 hour ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Nice photos of Auckland. Did you go to the Auckland Observation Tower to bungy jump off the tower. I rate it a three underwear jump. 😳

• Like 4
  • Haha 12

Good morning. It is expected to go up to fifty today. It is cloudy so far but it feels spring like. The local weatherman told me that more “mixed precipitation “ will arrive overnight. I took both dogs for a long walk first thing as the gas line replacement workers block off the street all day and we can’t circle the blocks the way they like. They are so funny in their enthusiastic sniffing and happy greetings with other dogs. I enjoy talking to the dog owners.We shared stories this morning about the policeman that told us to drive up our one way street the wrong way on Friday. DSIL told me he backed the car up our narrow curvy street. If I did that I would have hit a few parked cars.

I never liked Oreo cookies but will grant them their day. Frozen food is a good thing but like Graham, we try to have fresh vegetables and fruit . I make a lot of things ahead of time and the freezer has saved the day when things are hectic. I am always happy to come across soup, stew or chili that I made waiting for the group in the freezer.

We have not been to the port but enjoyed Sandi’s pictures. Thank you Sandi.

I like George Burns but find it hard to have a lot of my family either four or five hours away by car. I am glad that I can still drive to see them and that they visit us here as well but remember the sad day when DS and family moved out of their tiny NY apartment to New Hampshire. It was the best thing for them and I had to tell myself that. 
Enjoy the day everyone!

• Like 27

Good morning everyone. We are starting the day off with a dense fog alert and 58 degrees F but again we’ll end up in high seventies. We enjoyed our top down drive to the beach yesterday and returned home to a wonderful braised lamb shoulder dinner with carrots and parsnips as sides. Then Sue’s homemade blueberry cheesecake while we watched a flopped movie. 
It’s laundry day but with warmer weather and starting to wear shorts and short sleeve shirts the bulk of the load is diminishing. 
We have been to Auckland a couple of times and stayed at the Hilton. Great city and country. Pictures would be duplicates of what Sandi has already posted.

As soon as it warms up a bit I’ll be headed out for a walk and I have a few errands to do. Oh the pressure of it all.

Thanks for the reports and features. Take a deep breath, sit back and have a relaxing week.

Bruce

image.jpeg.332782e6068f0ed042a3340b05aedd24.jpegimage.jpeg.3a53e77f8bed02421f8390f9ec0f7e4b.jpegimage.jpeg.12efd967056e5a9ffa044846de682ce3.jpegimage.jpeg.bd25208d9fee1de784b4c538f0c271ae.jpegimage.jpeg.d94e90725b56dfd7ba4737241e23388c.jpegimage.jpeg.c8728765184e684ef885e80bee702b2c.jpeg

• Like 17
  • Haha 16

Thank you Rich, Sandi, Debbie, Dixie, Ann, and all other fellow dailyites.  I slept fairly well last night.  I enjoy fried rice and Oreos but they are probably not good for me.  Dentists are critical.  I eat a lot of frozen food.  Auckland is a great city that I have visited both on land in 2003 and with Crystal, disembarking in 2011 and again in 2018 and 2020.  In 2020 I disembarked Crystal Serenity in Auckland to ride some of New Zealand's trains, rejoining in Wellington.

Roy

• Like 24
  • Thanks 1

Sandi, thank you for making sure everything continues, while Rich is touring the World. And Rich, thank you for making sure Sandi has all the info she needs at her fingertips!  Vanessa, I have run out of new ways to say how much I appreciate how well you keep our lists. I bet Roy is epreslly able to relax, since you are doing it so well. 

Just an early gym class, Bindi walks and chores for me. Perhaps taking my next door neighbor’s dog out, since my neighbor sprained her ankle. 

DDB40AE3-D308-4324-A0EC-C61D0F320272.jpeg.5afb251a3ffd6af9fccabce70d0d7795.jpeg

E0A1B29C-6FBD-4272-BBAC-837E55F00238.jpeg.681786e07c9ccb29256eb3fcc65a7108.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating! Get well & stay well everyone!

DeLille Cellars Chaleur Blanc, Columbia Valley, Washington State

Ooh a new white blend to try!  They are starting to appear in more and more places. This is moving to the top of my list, and with its excellent consumer and critic reviews and reasonable prices it deserves the top spot widely available with prices starting at $27.97.  Note: I used the 2020 info. 

Winemaker Notes

Offering hints of tropical fruit, peaches and lemon zest, the nose of the 2020 Chaleur Blanc is bright and intriguing, with earthy barrel notes of light vanilla and chocolate mint. On the palate, characteristic grapefruit and honeysuckle flavors are carried by vibrant acidity, with barrel aging contributing crème brûlée and baking spices to the wine’s dry finish. Intensely powerful, with oak influence and notable minerality dominating on release, time in bottle will allow the fruit to come forward and showcase the balance of the vintage.

Blend: 72% Sauvignon Blanc, 28% Semillon

JS93 James Suckling

Aromas of sherbet lemon, peach and thyme. Medium-to full-bodied with lovely stone fruit on the palate. White-tea aromatics, such as jasmine, hibiscus and chamomile come through. Very tasty. Drink now.

JD92 Jeb Dunnuck

The 2020 Chaleur Blanc showed beautifully, with lots of ripe melon, honeyed lemon, caramelized citrus, and white flower notes in a medium to full-bodied, richly textured, racy package. It should age gracefully for a solid decade if stored correctly. This is based on 72% Sauvignon Blanc and 28% Semillon, sourced from the Boushey, Sagemoor, and Klipsun vineyards, and was 90% barrel fermented and aged all in 60% new French oak. Best After 2022

WS91 Wine Spectator

Combines brisk acidity with a plush texture, offering lemon verbena, flint and fig accents that finish on a lush note. Sauvignon Blanc and Sémillon. Drink now.

• Like 21
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 4

10 minutes ago, aliaschief said:

Good morning everyone. We are starting the day off with a dense fog alert and 58 degrees F but again we’ll end up in high seventies. We enjoyed our top down drive to the beach yesterday and returned home to a wonderful braised lamb shoulder dinner with carrots and parsnips as sides. Then Sue’s homemade blueberry cheesecake while we watched a flopped movie. 
It’s laundry day but with warmer weather and starting to wear shorts and short sleeve shirts the bulk of the load is diminishing. 
We have been to Auckland a couple of times and stayed at the Hilton. Great city and country. Pictures would be duplicates of what Sandi has already posted.

As soon as it warms up a bit I’ll be headed out for a walk and I have a few errands to do. Oh the pressure of it all.

Thanks for the reports and features. Take a deep breath, sit back and have a relaxing week.

Bruce

image.jpeg.332782e6068f0ed042a3340b05aedd24.jpegimage.jpeg.3a53e77f8bed02421f8390f9ec0f7e4b.jpegimage.jpeg.12efd967056e5a9ffa044846de682ce3.jpegimage.jpeg.bd25208d9fee1de784b4c538f0c271ae.jpegimage.jpeg.d94e90725b56dfd7ba4737241e23388c.jpegimage.jpeg.c8728765184e684ef885e80bee702b2c.jpeg

Thanks goodness that lavatory retriever wasn’t a Shih Tzus.

• Like 4
  • Haha 14

Just received a text from neighbor. Our trash can was turned over and contents scattered all over. We suspect bears as a couple of garbage cans were pretty heavy and laden with trash. Maybe large raccoons! Problem is once they start and find a good snack.

My turn to take a deep breath!

• Like 20
  • Thanks 4

Good morning everyone. For years my dentist was my husband and now that he’s retired I found a great new one. Dentist, not husband. As a kid I always loved Oreo cookies. 
Grandson number 3 is home from college on spring break. We have a date this afternoon after he wakes up at noon.

Today promises to be beautiful and in the 50s. Maybe spring is on the way.

Stay safe everyone,

Carol

• Like 26

Auckland is at a place where the North Island is quite narrow, and there is a coast to coast walk laid out.  I think I did the original walk in 2003 (16k) and a shortened  (10k) version in 2018.  The photos are from the 2018 walk:

coast.jpg

Parks along the route:

jellicoe.jpg

cornwall.jpg

The Cathedral:

cathedral.jpg

First glimpse of the tower:

tower.jpg

The original railway station, no longer used as such:

railway.jpg

And back home:

symphonyakl.jpg

By contrast to the above elegant station, the Northern Explorer now leaves from a hidden away container place:

strand.jpg

Roy

• Like 24
  • Thanks 7

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  Although I have a fear of dentists, my dentist is wonderful and makes the semi-annual visits enjoyable, rather than something to avoid.  We always have a freezer (and 2 fridge freezers) full of food; I don't know what we'd do without them.  Oreo cookies are okay, but not my favourite.  Give me a good old fashioned oatmeal chocolate chip cookie any day.

Our warm spell didn't last long, as this morning we're plunged back down into the deep freeze again with a temp of -32C.  Looking at the week ahead, we're going to be cold at least until Saturday when the predicted high is -11C with snow.  There isn't anything we can do about it, so we just go about our daily lives. 

Sending virtual hugs to  @Seasick Sailor's niece as she sends her kitty over the Rainbow Bridge.  That's so hard to do.

This morning I have to go to my dentist's office for my 6 month check up and cleaning.  The hygienist who works on me is a real dear and keeps chattering the whole time, making the scraping and chiseling much more pleasant.  LOL  After that we're going with DH's daughter to the big box store, as we haven't gone there in months.  We let our membership lapse during Covid and haven't renewed it, as we just don't buy in large quantities any longer.  

We both love a good fried rice, so I'm looking forward to see what recipes @dfish has for us today.  I think while we're at the big box store, I'll pick up a rotisserie chicken so we can enjoy chicken, baked baby potatoes and parmesan asparagus at the kitchen table tonight.  And wine.

Prayers for all who are in need, cheers to everyone with celebrations.

Smooth Sailing!  ☺️☺️☺️

Gerry

Edited by ger_77
  • Like 27

Good morning, everyone.

It is a gray start to the day here in mid-Michigan.  Not much on the agenda besides the gym this morning and a Zoom meeting this afternoon.  Last night was a rough night.  I was very tired and went to bed at 10 pm, but woke at midnight and couldn't get back to sleep.  My back ached and my knees ached and my ankles ached.  I tried the Aspercreme and it did nothing.  I got up and did exercises on the floor for my back.  No help.  Finally I resorted to the medicine cabinet and that did the trick.  I do like to exhaust all other aids before I do that, but last night it was needed.  

The George Burns quote is amusing and was probably true for me when I was in my 20s and 30s, striking out for independence.  However, at this point in life, I want that family close.  

The perfect fried rice is the one you like best.  What is perfect for one is not necessarily perfect for another.  But, there are some that claim that perfection.  Here's our first recipe:  https://www.gimmesomeoven.com/fried-rice-recipe/

friedrice1.thumb.jpg.9db588c0e643f67a50bfff18d13ed529.jpg

This could be a meal as it has scrambled egg in it for protein.  For those who want more, add some shrimp or chicken.  Easy peasy!   I'd take out the carrots and add in broccoli.  

Peas and carrots are the traditional vegetables in fried rice, but this next recipe says use what you have on hand.  And always use cold cooked rice.  https://chefsavvy.com/the-best-fried-rice/

friedrice2.thumb.jpg.48e960b12d2d3fd325b7e1f6897aaa12.jpg

This next recipe also encourages you to make the dish to your preferences.  In addition to, or substitution for the peas and carrots you can use broccoli, bok choy, Brussels sprouts, sweet corn, red peppers and bell peppers. You can also use a vegetable mix full of colorful vegetables in this recipe.  https://spaceshipsandlaserbeams.com/better-than-take-out-fried-rice/

friedrice3.thumb.jpg.69cdfc90bcb0f620316aa59afe5437cd.jpg

I liked the looks of this one.  They are all very similar and perhaps just vary by a seasoning used.  https://themodernproper.com/homemade-fried-rice

friedrice4.thumb.jpeg.61f385d9f408942930ca9bb3d0d30927.jpeg

Wishing you all a wonderful day!   

• Like 23
  • Thanks 5