The Fleet Report and Daily for Monday April 3rd, 2023

Today is Don't Go to Work Unless it's Fun Day, Find a Rainbow Day, and Tweed Day

Here is the test to find whether your mission on Earth is finished: if you're alive, it isn't. - Richard Bach

Meal Suggestion for today - Cod and Asparagus Bake
Drink of the Day - Makers Non Egg Nog
Wine of the Day - Los Vascos Chardonnay, Colchagua Valley, Chile
Destination of the Day - Boston, MA

Eurodam

At Sea Destination Fort Lauderdale, Port Everglades, Florida eta 4-04

Koningsdam

Dry Dock Vigor Ship Yard until 4/12

Nieuw Amsterdam

At Sea destination George Town, Grand Cayman eta 4-04 

Nieuw Statendam

Grand Turk Island, Cockburn Town, Turks and Caicos 08:00 - 16:00

Oosterdam

At Sea Destination Panama City, Fuerte Amador, Balboa eta 4-04

Rotterdam

Fort Lauderdale, Port Everglades, Florida 0700 - 1600

Volendam

At Sea destination St Thomas, US Virgin Islands eta 4-04

Zaandam

At Sea Destination San Diego, California eta 4-04

Zuiderdam

Arrecife, Lanzarote, Canary Islands 08:00 - 17:00

Eastern Hemisphere

Noordam

Hobart, Tasmania Australia 08:00 - 23:00

Westerdam

Kagoshima, Japan 0700-1700

image.thumb.png.b85b92e2e9e3266616e640d38d398c82.png

image.thumb.png.5f469c5cb8fb2d9565901aef3a30b3b1.png

Sandi for Rich and Roy

• Like 22
  • Thanks 12

Good morning friends!  It is 52F and we will only get up to 62 with rain later on.  Just what we don't really need.  I see 3 days of rain in the forecast for Easter and my birthday weekend.  Geez!

Thanks to Rich @richwmn for our Fleet Report and Daily information and his comment this morning.  It took us until early 1990's to get one of those very large, clunky Motorola mobile phones.  Of course we thought it was amazing!  In other news, today is Don't Go to Work Unless it's a Fun Day.  I hope anyone going to work takes that to heart.  ❤️  Maybe if the sun peeps out today I can Find a Rainbow!  Not to mention that pot of gold at the end of it.  Tweed Day leaves me confused.  I don't think I have anything tweed to commemorate.  Our quote today is encouraging.  Another cod dish?  I like cod in my fish and chips but if Debbie @dfish can find some enticing recipes and photos I might try it.  The drink seems out of season, and the wine is a chardonnay so no to both.  I hope Ann @cat shepard and Dixie @summer slope can sell us on them.  Thanks to those three ladies and Vanessa @JazzyV for doing the Care and Celebration lists for us each day.  We appreciate you!

Prayers for the Care list this morning.  I hope our friend Joy @Seasick Sailor is doing somewhat better with her cold and the fever left quickly.  🙏  Cheers to our Celebration list people, and to those departing on a cruise, or still on one. 🥂 Bon Voyage to the Rotterdam as they leave on their special voyage today.  She is headed towards Port Everglades behind Liberty of the Seas as I type.  So sorry to hear about the delays yesterday getting into Half Moon Cay due to an unfortunate death on the ship.  Prayers to that person's family and friends.  Hope the upcoming anniversary cruise is everything everyone hoped for!🚢

The port of the day is Boston, Massachusetts US which was first (and only time) our port on August 21, 2022.  Here is that link if you need it to retrieve photos.

Boston is a nice port of call to visit.  We visited once on Rotterdam in 2018 on our Montreal to Tampa cruise.  I liked the fact we continued past New York to Charleston, Key West and over to Tampa.

We arrived in Boston on October 20, 2018 and walked downtown from the pier.  Does anyone know what this building is?00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIQgfk4f7ZOvTiLdgbn5ilU?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1546377198

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIrguedqEY2PgwBdkD85A8T?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1546377201

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIof0onuRfjkx06i21xHFy2?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1546379783

There were tons of tourists everywhere.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKlIUj9SWvcbaP-J_CVM1Fx?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1546377213

We saw the Old South Meeting House (organizing point for the Boston Tea Party on Dec. 16, 1773.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIz2lbnts3Iu6p0U0jfm9SV?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1546377222

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVISrAdMsTcZaXAx1pvX_CWo?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1546377222

The Park Street Congregational Church00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVI94-YPm4-k4XmnY6LVIx70?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1546377227

The Massachusetts State House00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLiaFi8WbvB-XW3zNVoe0XX?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1546379866

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLGmiVega-tL-14l-nleAeo?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1546379847

Across the street from the State House is Boston Common and this sculpture, a memorial for the soldiers of the Civil War.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIA42867lPX6aZ4zvFzZfKT?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1546377238

Boston Common is simply a park in the center of Boston00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVK81jUqFjlCMXuOMK55tPeL?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1546379890

This is about all it is, a green area in the midst of the city.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJPvPw2bhmfBY3p5tEXXx2N?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1546379879

Here is the old State House.  Interesting old building in the midst of skyscrapers.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKyQxJLajWdtksEov7aUgMa?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1546377402

Honestly I love gardens so this was one of my favorite sights during our time spent in Boston.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKmwgLCmnENyn8kW9qbbn5n?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1546377408

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIZfI8Nyw_RbsKjckIrLeYo?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1546379963

heading back to the ship00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJzIEX4JOUu4uakTBmyWvkz?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1546379969

That's when I noticed the Boston Tea Party Museum.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIL8dYkH9p7EU3irNdfWKQU?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1546379974

We had a great time there.  Except for the Boston Airport that was my first visit to Boston.

Let's hope we all have a safe and Motivated Monday!  Off to my treadmill.

• Like 24
  • Thanks 8

11 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Good morning friends!  It is 52F and we will only get up to 62 with rain later on.  Just what we don't really need.  I see 3 days of rain in the forecast for Easter and my birthday weekend.  Geez!

Thanks to Rich @richwmn for our Fleet Report and Daily information and his comment this morning.  It took us until early 1990's to get one of those very large, clunky Motorola mobile phones.  Of course we thought it was amazing!  In other news, today is Don't Go to Work Unless it's a Fun Day.  I hope anyone going to work takes that to heart.  ❤️  Maybe if the sun peeps out today I can Find a Rainbow!  Not to mention that pot of gold at the end of it.  Tweed Day leaves me confused.  I don't think I have anything tweed to commemorate.  Our quote today is encouraging.  Another cod dish?  I like cod in my fish and chips but if Debbie @dfish can find some enticing recipes and photos I might try it.  The drink seems out of season, and the wine is a chardonnay so no to both.  I hope Ann @cat shepard and Dixie @summer slope can sell us on them.  Thanks to those three ladies and Vanessa @JazzyV for doing the Care and Celebration lists for us each day.  We appreciate you!

Prayers for the Care list this morning.  I hope our friend Joy @Seasick Sailor is doing somewhat better with her cold and the fever left quickly.  🙏  Cheers to our Celebration list people, and to those departing on a cruise, or still on one. 🥂 Bon Voyage to the Rotterdam as they leave on their special voyage today.  She is headed towards Port Everglades behind Liberty of the Seas as I type.  So sorry to hear about the delays yesterday getting into Half Moon Cay due to an unfortunate death on the ship.  Prayers to that person's family and friends.  Hope the upcoming anniversary cruise is everything everyone hoped for!🚢

The port of the day is Boston, Massachusetts US which was first (and only time) our port on August 21, 2022.  Here is that link if you need it to retrieve photos.

Boston is a nice port of call to visit.  We visited once on Rotterdam in 2018 on our Montreal to Tampa cruise.  I liked the fact we continued past New York to Charleston, Key West and over to Tampa.

We arrived in Boston on October 20, 2018 and walked downtown from the pier.  Does anyone know what this building is?00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIQgfk4f7ZOvTiLdgbn5ilU?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1546377198

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIrguedqEY2PgwBdkD85A8T?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1546377201

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIof0onuRfjkx06i21xHFy2?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1546379783

There were tons of tourists everywhere.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKlIUj9SWvcbaP-J_CVM1Fx?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1546377213

We saw the Old South Meeting House (organizing point for the Boston Tea Party on Dec. 16, 1773.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIz2lbnts3Iu6p0U0jfm9SV?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1546377222

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVISrAdMsTcZaXAx1pvX_CWo?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1546377222

The Park Street Congregational Church00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVI94-YPm4-k4XmnY6LVIx70?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1546377227

The Massachusetts State House00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLiaFi8WbvB-XW3zNVoe0XX?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1546379866

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLGmiVega-tL-14l-nleAeo?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1546379847

Across the street from the State House is Boston Common and this sculpture, a memorial for the soldiers of the Civil War.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIA42867lPX6aZ4zvFzZfKT?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1546377238

Boston Common is simply a park in the center of Boston00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVK81jUqFjlCMXuOMK55tPeL?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1546379890

This is about all it is, a green area in the midst of the city.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJPvPw2bhmfBY3p5tEXXx2N?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1546379879

Here is the old State House.  Interesting old building in the midst of skyscrapers.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKyQxJLajWdtksEov7aUgMa?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1546377402

Honestly I love gardens so this was one of my favorite sights during our time spent in Boston.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKmwgLCmnENyn8kW9qbbn5n?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1546377408

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIZfI8Nyw_RbsKjckIrLeYo?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1546379963

heading back to the ship00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJzIEX4JOUu4uakTBmyWvkz?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1546379969

That's when I noticed the Boston Tea Party Museum.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIL8dYkH9p7EU3irNdfWKQU?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1546379974

We had a great time there.  Except for the Boston Airport that was my first visit to Boston.

Let's hope we all have a safe and Motivated Monday!  Off to my treadmill.

Nice selection of photos of Boston Sandi @StLouisCruisers.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Good morning.

It was 32°F with ice on my car windscreen that I cleared at 7am when I took Pauline to work.

Thank you for posting today's daily reports Sandi @StLouisCruisers enabling us to all contribute in our own way.

April showers is synonymous with the UK so lots of 🌈 rainbow's will be seen.

True quote.

I prefer cod loin or cod in batter.

I hope and pray everyone is safe and well.

Graham.

Screenshot_20230403_103212.jpg

• Like 19
  • Thanks 6

Thanks for the Daily Report and I hope everyone has a great day!

First time on a Pinnacle-class ship – NS impressions

Generally, we found this ship to be similar to the NA and Eurodam, which is fine with us. The ship itself was beautiful, and there was a great flow of traffic considering this cruise was fully booked. We liked that the smoking area on the lido deck by the Seaview pool bar was twice the size of the NA. We still had to stand and wait for a table a few times, especially on sea days. However, the wait wasn’t too long.

Compared to the last two cruises on the NA, when we had service there, it was great. That being said, this was the area we noticed a cutback in the staff. Some days, we would have only 2 or 3 staff members there, other days there were the usual 4 or 5 which was perfect. We got to know the staff there very well and even though they work long hours, they usually always had a smile on their faces. The bartenders and servers knew me well enough by the second day, that when I raised my arm with our two room keys, they knew I wanted a half-glass of fountain coke and a glass of diet coke for Suzi.

I think the only thing we noticed differently about the ship was how the lido food area was split into smaller sections. The concept is great, and it did alleviate the long lines we see on the NA, however, we found many times by the time we went to two or three stations to get what we wanted for our meal, by the time we sat down, our food was already getting cold.  Overall, we enjoyed this ship, rarely felt crowded, and would go back on it with no hesitation.      

IMG_0104.JPG

• Like 27
  • Thanks 6

Today’s care list:

Roy recovering from pneumonia and working on getting stronger

RMLincoln’s friend’s DH dying

Kplady and DH testing positive for Covid

Luvteaching’s DH in the hospital

Seasick Sailor not feeling well

Everyone affected by storms and tornados

Nashville school shooting victims

Citizens of Ukraine

From the rotation:

Tana’s pulmonary issues

Marshhawk’s abnormal lung scan

NextOne needing valve surgery

Summer slope’s friend with a brain injury

Celebrations and Shout outs:

BON VOYAGE Overhead Fred and Mitzi!

Luvteaching’s DH showing slow improvement

Mamaofami with improved vision

Many Dailyites cruising or with upcoming cruises

6 Days for aliaschief & DWAliaschief (Eurodam 4/9 to 4/28)

Norseh2o (Oceania Marina to 4/6), Mister 67 (Celebrity Reflection to 4/9), GTVCRUISER (Norwegian Jewel to 4/9). Cruzn Single (Rotterdam to 4/19), Vict0riann (Rotterdam to 4/19) Kplady (Grand Princess to 4/28), Sailingdutchy (Rotterdam to 4/29), St Pete Cruiser (Noordam to 5/2), Overhead Fred’s Anniversary cruise (Rotterdam to 5/6), USN59-79 (Westerdam to 5/7), and Cat in My Lap, Gail&Marty, Richwmn and HorizonChaser1957 (Zuiderdam to 5/12) at sea

• Like 23
  • Thanks 14

Good morning.  Thanks for the Daily and Fleet Report.

It's a rainy day here.  They say  April showers bring May flowers,  I hope so.

An interesting collection of days.  I will look for a rainbow if it stops raining today.  I'll look to see if I have any tweed to wear, I won't celebrate Boss Tweed.  Working should be fun, but sometimes you have to work to eat.

I like the quote.

The meal sounds good, looking forward to seeing the recipe.  Not sure about the drink but hope the wine is fine.

Thanks for the pictures of Boston.

@Overhead Fred  Bon Voyage!

Prayers for many.  Hooray for all the celebrations.

Have a wonderful Monday.

Stay safe.

• Like 26
  • Thanks 1

Good morning everyone.  I wish my work were fun but really, accounting?  Sorry, I have to go to work today.  I hope to find a rainbow but I don’t own any tweed.  Love today’s quote.  I’ll pass on the meal and drink suggestions.  @StLouisCruisers thanks so much for the nice photos of places that I walk by every day on my way to and from work, I can’t believe how much I just take them for granted.  I guess maybe I’ve already found my rainbow.  Prayers for everyone on our prayer list.  Cheers to all of you celebrating happy events today!

• Like 27

Good Morning Everyone,  thanks for the daily fleet report.  Today started at 25F but should get into the 50's this afternoon.  I'll pass on today's meal suggestion.  Instead I'm going to try something different, shipwreck stew. It crossed my fb feed and looks interesting.  My job stopped being fun a few years back, bad management,  but I'll still sign in so I can pay for cats and cruises. I hope everyone has a good day today. 

I caught this rainbow at HMC.

20221119_093317.thumb.jpg.c4f8bfdb1f582a309b71a5ea773282f0.jpg

• Like 30
  • Thanks 2

Good morning everyone. No work for me today.Love the quote.I’ve been to Boston many times starting as a teenager when I visited friends in college there. Have traveled by land and ship but have no pictures. I drove yesterday for the first time since my eye surgery and all was fine. I have a few more days of recouping and then back to PT for balance. 

Stay safe everyone,

Carol

• Like 27
  • Thanks 1

Makers Non Egg Nog cocktail:

Ingredients
2 parts Maker's Mark® Bourbon
2 parts Simple Syrup
2 parts Half and Half
Garnish Nutmeg
Garnish Dark Chocolate

Instructions
Shake contents over ice. Strain over ice and garnish with nutmeg and dark chocolate.

Screenshot 2023-04-03 at 7.35.41 AM.png

• Like 18
  • Thanks 10

Thank you for starting us off, Sandi! And never missing a beat with your Port of the Day info and pictures! Rich, thank you for ensuring the Report & Daily can continue while you tour the World! Vanessa, thank you for capturing & sharing our events! We are a busy group. 

It was 70 with a slight breeze when Bindi and I headed out earlier. And there was quite a marine layer, that is just now beginning to burn off. Just sitting down with coffee outside and the birds are singing up a storm! The deer are starting to wander through for a drink. Mom & the twins just visited my back yard. Bindi is so good not to move or bark, even when they wander close to check her out. 😎

Gym, Bindi walks, chores will fill my day. 

I could see @RedneckBob using this joke!

D9566D19-298C-44CD-B90D-D151E7C80EEC.jpeg.c6e40a93c5b6814047a5fdb279a4c8c6.jpeg

Easter is coming…

3BC26482-010D-4833-8E69-F01B561774A9.jpeg.0506588f235770a652d9a6f117665bb1.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating! Get well & stay well everyone!

Los Vascos Chardonnay, Colchagua Valley, Chile

I used the 2022 vintage info, since I actually found a review for this one! Doesn’t sound too oaky, and it is widely available. Numerous distributors with prices starting at $7.95.

Wine Enthusiast Review

This refreshing everyday Chardonnay offers notes of grapefruit and peach followed by hints of smoke. Vibrant acidity makes the wine easy to drink on a hot summer day. 

Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 23
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 5

Good Monday Morning Dailyites!  The race yesterday was fantastic, not because of who won but that the Austrailian F1 management decided to go back to old rules racing, and because of a car wrecking, they lined the cars all up again, and restarted, cars went everywhere, crashes every where, and the announcer said, they had never seen any thing like it, gosh, they need to watch NASCAR.  Happens every weekend.  But we didnt get lunch until 3 and while I had dessert and a glass of milk, I wasn't hungry the rest of the evening, until 11:30, so for me I went to bed early (ha) and hungry.  

More cod?  Since my Nana and Pa lived in Cambridge, I was in Boston every summer of my life, and lived with them for awhile, (dont remember why) went to college outside the city, but was in the city about 4 times a week.  When you visit a place you see things that those living there just take for granted.  I'm pretty sure that people who visit Stone Mountain and think Wow!  I see a large rock with hiking trails.

Up early DH has a follow up with his radiation oncologist.  And when I turned on the news, found out that the direct way to get there is closed due to power lines down on the road..  I see that the weather west of us is terrible, so Alabama westward, take care of yourselves, and stop sending your weather east.  Please.

d9995496e854087b48b01677c4c8feb1.jpg

• Like 24
  • Haha 6

Good morning, everyone!  

It is supposed to be a nice day here in mid-Michigan with temps close to 60F and a fair amount of sun.  I'll do my neighborhood walk instead of the gym.  I save the gym for rainy days.  Today is my walk, straightening out (hopefully) our flights for July, and a Zoom meeting at 3 pm.  That sounds like enough for me.  I may wander up to the wine store nearby and see if they have today's wine.  

Cod is a low-fat source of protein, making it an excellent choice for people who would like to reduce their fat intake and improve their heart health. 

Cod also contains a significant amount of iodine, which is an important mineral for thyroid function. Iodine helps your thyroid regulate hormones that control the body’s metabolism and cognitive function. Consuming enough iodine can help prevent problems like goiters, birth defects, and symptoms of hypothyroidism.

Cod is an excellent source of:

Vitamin B12

Niacin

Phosphorus

Selenium

Omega-3 fatty acids

Choline

Iodine

Today's meal is super easy as well as super healthy!  It can be prepared as a sheet pan meal making it even easier for clean up.   https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/cod-and-asparagus-bake/

codandasparagus1.jpg.953b3341659893e86e96ee31df05f3bf.jpg

You can use other vegetables in place of asparagus if you wish.  This next recipe is similar but has slightly different seasonings.   https://bellyfull.net/sheet-pan-cod-with-asparagus-and-cherry-tomatoes/

codandasparagus2.thumb.jpg.a6b6046ff8f16b3b6cc6c0d6d0e9eb0e.jpg

The garlic lemon caper sauce got my attention to this recipe.  https://juliasalbum.com/baked-cod-and-asparagus-in-garlic-lemon-caper-sauce-in-foil/

codandasparagus3.jpg.52c297d4b73b09e47608007392f953b8.jpg

And here's a slightly different version of the garlic lemon dish.  https://www.eatwell101.com/garlic-butter-cod-asparagus-skillet-recipe

codandasparagus4.thumb.jpg.6853857d3f2a7d90c1cc421150cfdf45.jpg

For me it is either #3 or #4.  How about you?

We've been to Boston several times to embark on cruises and we'll be back this summer for our 32 days aboard ms. Zaandam.  I'm not much of a dessert or sweets person, but when in Boston I have to go to Modern Pastry and get cannoli.  Since the most I have it is once a  year, I think it is ok to treat myself.  The amount of walking I do to get it makes up for the sugar.  

20180824_171324405_iOS.thumb.jpg.7f88c141c1e0647f8a8932e4e0c78ff0.jpg

Wishing you all a wonderful day.

• Like 26
  • Thanks 6

Work hasn't been fun for a while. I think that Tweed Day refers to the fabric, not to Boss Tweed or Tweed New Haven Airport. Cod and asparagus are OK but I would rather have something else today. No on the cocktail (waste of whiskey), maybe or maybe not on the wine.

I went to graduate school the last time in Boston, but the most recent time I was there was as a port of call in 2018. Milk Street Café is a kosher restaurant downtown. The fridge magnet was my only purchase other than shoelaces.

IMG_20181025_131457.thumb.jpg.b323ea9ae4c4744c7f2f646d41d84229.jpgIMG_20181028_224434.thumb.jpg.69d4456a0c69c922d969e0615c2724dd.jpg

I have a medical appointment 20 miles away this morning.

Scotstwitter.thumb.jpg.238a229409474c3ff1a8d8e6175c98a0.jpgfertilizer.jpg.4541821e5b64c21faa2bbbc85388c92e.jpg

• Like 21
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 9

Good morning. It is  chilly so far but the weather person promises 50 degrees later. I don’t think I will celebrate  Boss Tweed and I laughed at “Don’t go to work unless it is fun”. The meal sounds interesting and Boston holds a special place in my heart. I went to college there and have a lot of family to the North and South. We have been on a few cruises that left from there and it is a great place to see even for a short cruise stop.

@Overhead Fred, Bon Voyage and safe travels to you and Mitzi!

Today DH and I head out for another appointment. DD is staying with Tana for the morning as this involves a trek into the city. She decided to take a day off from work as it is too hard to keep up on the phone and computer and assist her sister. We have two more days this week to get through like this and she and DSIL have split them up in terms of coverage. I am grateful for the help  and hopefully all will be well.

• Like 26
  • Thanks 3

Thank you Rich, Sandi, Vanessa, Ann, Debbie, and Dixie.  I don't think I'll find a rainbow today as we should be entering a dry spell and I'll pass on the other 2 days.  I love the Bach quote.  I've been to Boston several times both by land and sea and spent 10 weeks there at a Northeastern University for an actuarial seminar about 1980,  I will sometimes stop by the campus store when on a port call.   I'll pass on the meal.  My alternative is Tropical Fruit Medley, Broiled New York Striploin, and Baked Alaska as served on MS Zaandam April 3, 2017.

dishes03.jpg

Roy

• Like 32

Good morning all. Our seesaw weather continues. Have sunshine this morning but rain coming in later today and for tomorrow but staying above freezing even at night. We are expected to reach 21c (68f ?) on Wednesday. DH is so eager to get into the garden and will start some serious prepping today.

a run to Costco is in the cards this morning but not much else. I have 3 books from the library to read, 2 of them 7 days because of high demand. A nice sunny spot in the living room or maybe even the Florida room will be in the cards this afternoon! 

prayers for all that need them and a shout out to those celebrating or cruising. 

• Like 26