Sunday November 19th, 2023 -- The Fleet Report and Daily

richwmn

Today is International Men's Day, National Adoption Day, and Women's Entrepreneurship Day

You're only here for a short visit. Don't hurry, don't worry. And be sure to smell the flowers along the way. - Walter Hagen

Meal Suggestion for today - Pasta Bake with Sausage (Baked Ziti)
Drink of the Day - Sideline Sipper
Wine of the Day - San Gregorio Vyd Las Martas Garnacha
Destination of the Day - Kefalonia Island, Argostoli-Kiskardo, Greece

Today in History:
1805 Lewis and Clark Expedition, led by Meriwether Lewis and William Clark, reaches the Pacific Ocean, first European Americans to cross the west

Ship Locations

Eurodam

At Sea Destination Philipsburg St Maarten, Netherlands Antilles eta 11-21

Koningsdam

Avalon, Ca

Nieuw Amsterdam

Half Moon Cay, Bahamas 08:00 - 15:00

Nieuw Statendam

Dry Dock - Palermo, Italy 00:00 - 23:59

Oosterdam

At Sea Destination Panama City, Fuerte Amador, Balboa eta 11-20

Rotterdam

Panama Canal, Colon, Panama 06:00 - 07:00 ,17:00 - 21:00

Volendam

At Sea Destination San Diego, California eta 11-22

Zaandam

At Sea Destination Rio de Janeiro, Brazil eta 11-21

Zuiderdam

At Sea Destination Maputo, Mozambique eta 11-21

Eastern Hemisphere

Noordam

Timaru, New Zealand 07:00 - 17:00

Westerdam

Saigon, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam 06:00 - 18:00

1119World1.png.7e93b9d35aea435021aba919029e8d83.png

• Like 24
  • Thanks 20

Thank you for today's daily reports Rich.

Father David is away so no sermon today.

3 good days.

Very true quote.

I will pass on today's food and drink.

We have been to today's port a few times on cruises and enjoyed our visits.

I hope everyone is safe,well and above all else Happy.

• Like 25
  • Thanks 1

Good morning.  Thanks for the Report.

Another cool, clear morning.  Hubby is gathering with a group of his friends to watch the Grey Cup this evening.  He's not a big football fan so he'll cheer for whoever makes a good play.  Hope it's a good game, not too one sided.

Men's day is important.  Adoption is a good alternative and should be encouraged.  I support women entrepreneurs.

I like the quote.

The meal sounds good, looking forward to seeing recipes.  Hope the drink and wine are tasty too.

I have not been to today's port.

Prayers for everyone.

Have a great day.

• Like 26
  • Thanks 1

Good morning friends!  It's only 41F this morning but will again be sunny and around 69 this afternoon. 🌞 Thanks Rich @richwmn for today's Fleet Report and Daily.

Let us all celebrate Men's Day, Women's Entrepreneurship Day, and especially Adoption Day!  I like the quote, and would even like the baked ziti.  I probably would skip the cocktail and don't know what the wine is yet.  🤷‍♀️ Hurray to explorers like Lewis and Clark who gave their all to try new things and see new places.  Thanks to the F&B ladies Debbie @dfish (how was Farkle night?), Dixie @summer slope, and Ann @cat shepard for your wonderful reports each day!  

Prayers for our group on the Care list and even those of you not listed but needing prayers anyway.  Hope the pain level has reduced some.  Prayers also for my DB, and friends and spouses in poor health, and to all in Israel and Ukraine suffering, with deaths in families and the hostages held so long.  🙏  I read that Annie's Chuck @catmando had a fall and hurt his head, so we send special prayers that he is going to be fine and it doesn't hurt too much today. 🙏 If you have happy celebrations happening and wonderful cruises, we send our congratulations to you.🥂🎉  May you have fair winds and smooth seas. 🚢  Many thanks to Vanessa @JazzyV for handling the list keeping for our Daily family.❤️

The destination for today is Kefalonia Island, Argostoli-Fiskardo, Greece.  This was the port before on July 20, 2021 and January 21, 2022.  I've checked but have not been to that particular Greek port before.  But Lenda @Quartzsite Cruiser has been, and today I'll post her photos for her.  Please go to my links and retrieve your photos if you've posted them before.  I noticed Maxine @AncientWanderer and Robert @Mtn2Sea posting photos before too.  Here are the links.

Have a great Sunday and please stay safe and well!

• Like 29
  • Thanks 1

Today’s Care List:

Cruising sister’s great niece Murphy post-surgery, weaning CPAP

Lazey1 having post Covid/rebound, now bronchitis and CHF flare

Marshhawk with pulmonary issues during/following her cruise

Lady Hudson’s DH Bill with urinary tract issues

Haljo1935 with gastro issue and her DH with bronchitis

JazzyV with right leg pain, tingling and numbness

Graupau27’s DF’s heavenly 97th birthday

Recovery from Wildfires in Maui, Canadian/US wildfires

Citizens of Ukraine, Israel and Gaza

All Dailyites going through worries and stress, whether mentioned or not

From the Rotation:

Nickelpenny with leg numbness

HAL Sailer’s DH recovering after hospitalization

Mamaofami’s DH Sam recovering after several hospitalizations

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Bon Voyage Cruzin Terri (and Jim)!

Cruising sister’s great niece Murphy extubated, weaning CPAP & can be held!

RMLincoln now at her new home/community in NJ

Quartzsite Cruiser (and Steve) taking the new motorhome to Quartzsite

The Daily Gardening Club posting wonderful flower pictures

All the contributors to the Fleet Report/Daily

Upcoming Cruises or At Sea:

3 days for Nickelpenny (Volendam Nov 22 to Dec 10) Circle Hawaii

5 days for Himself (Rotterdam Nov 24 to Dec 3) Southern Caribbean Seafarer

5 days for Seasick Sailor (Rotterdam Nov 24 to Jan 14)51d B2B2B2B2B Southern Caribbean seafarer/PC Sunfarer (21n) + Eastern/Western Caribbean (14n) + Tropical/Southern Caribbean Seafarer (16n)

6 days for Av8rix (Koningsdam Nov 25 to Jan 6) 10n Mexican Riviera & Sea of Cortez + 11n Mexican Riviera & Sea of Cortez + 5n Mexico + 16n Circle Hawaii Holiday

7 days for Haljo1935 (Nieuw Statendam Nov 26 to Dec 10) 14n Passage to America, celebrating tk cruiser’s birthday onboard

Heartgrove (Carnival Venezia to Nov 20, Eastern Caribbean), Lindaler (Volendam to Nov 22, Tales of the South Pacific), Rafinmd (Rotterdam to Nov 24, Panama Canal Sunfarer), GTVCruiser (Koningsdam to Nov 25, B2B, Mexican Riviera & Classic Pacific Thanksgiving Coastal), Cruise Suzy (Eurodam to Nov 29, Southern Caribbean Wayfarer), arzz (Seabourn Sojourn to Dec 1, Leeward Island Jewels), Cruzin Terri (Oceania Vista to Dec 1, Caribbean Wanderlust Miami to Miami) and Norseh2o (Oceania Marina to Dec 3, B2B, Barcelona to Lisbon, Lisbon to Miami)

• Like 22
  • Thanks 17

Thanks for our Sunday Daily, Rich

& thank you to Vanessa, Ann, Debbie & Dixie

Nice collection of days.  Adoption is a wonderful thing to do as I’m sure so many adoptees can attest to like @ger_77 & Ivan.  Women’s entrepreneurship is every day as far as I am concerned 🙂 

A good quote by Hagen.  I’m trying to keep it in mind.  Meal sounds interesting and I hope the wine is white. 😉 Kefalonia is a very pretty spot.  I recommend it for a visit.  Great day in history.

IMG_1210.jpeg.f80eeb184178e7c189bcc703230565e8.jpeg

No outside work yesterday - horrific weather.  Rain just poured and the winds howled.  I did attempt to get some Christmas lights up in the porch protected from the rain  - I’m afraid the job isn’t good enough and if not, they’ll come down and I’ll go to Plan B with other lights.  But it’s a lot colder today and will be from here on in 😔 

IMG_1213.thumb.jpeg.4d2814e0db3890a4a2f82ec00b2d00ca.jpeg

@marshhawk so sorry to hear about Chuck’s fall.  I hope he is not seriously hurt 🙏 I hope your oxygen arrives by Monday & please continue to work less, rest when needed and take care of yourself.

@cruising sister Happy belated 6th birthday to you DGS.  (I went to post this morning when I realized my multi quote didn’t go but alas, the thread was locked before I was done)

IMG_1215.thumb.jpeg.b13dbd748ffbadc39fecef841f5dbf2d.jpeg

Prayers for those on the Care list, those suffering losses, health issues, pain, worries & those that need them 🙏  Cheers to those celebrating and cruising 🥂 

IMG_1208.jpeg.7e6c2fa797e9d747e9fc6ef7fe506b2c.jpeg

Have a good Sunday everyone.

• Like 34
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

Here are the photos Lenda @Quartzsite Cruiser posted on July 20, 2021 for Argostoli, Greece.

We have been to Argostoli twice pm a BHB.  Our first visit was in 2008 on the Prinsendam.  That day, we took a tour to Lake of Melissani and the cave.  It's a long walk down to the lake and the cave, and seems like a longer walk back up to the bus.  Once at the lake, you board a large row boat for a tour of the lake and the cave.  I'm glad we did this tour when we did, as the lake and cave have become very popular, with long lines even for tour buses.

IMG_4098.thumb.JPG.6f55991e515305a498f123c6fa4671ac.JPG

IMG_4102.thumb.JPG.d21890475588fcfee75a9ca349f1ca2d.JPG

IMG_4114.thumb.JPG.089175a6a8956b3efaa74957ce9b5e78.JPG

From the cave, we drove to a fishing village whose name I don't remember.  On the way, we stopped at an overlook to see one of the prettiest beaches on the island.  The bus driver did not attempt the windy road down to the beach.

IMG_4120.thumb.JPG.2ef2e5cf5534d5b76263e36e78b2ba3f.JPG

The fishing village, which was also our shopping stop.

IMG_4133.thumb.JPG.0e4f467d497d2fa9f7b7d6bcc3f7eda1.JPG

IMG_4138.thumb.JPG.db989e10724d16c2b3c8d9f18fea207d.JPG

Arogostoli from the Prinsendam as we sailed to the next port.

IMG_4146.thumb.JPG.d5212528e9b7a12295c46804866fc8dd.JPG

IMG_4147.thumb.JPG.8e9ea93cf6f1085257fde0bf96c1146d.JPG

Eleven years later, the Veendam took us back to Argostoli.  This time we just walked around the town.  The main tourist/shopping area is flat and easy walking.  This was a nce relaxing day.

DSC06408.thumb.JPG.5d13bb953e832912cf8b01714875183a.JPG

DSC06411.thumb.JPG.ec8622dae08024438e588a635b46c9f5.JPG

DSC06414.thumb.JPG.ff7228e23ef06b1f397bbfb536327397.JPG

DSC06415.thumb.JPG.eba24df49d8a6b31b4bdda445dd12fa2.JPG

DSC06416.thumb.JPG.db87c21c6783d0a321bf619bb35ab8fc.JPG

DSC06417.thumb.JPG.179da7a3968b664eda192f7c31dfb3a2.JPG

Lenda

• Like 24
  • Thanks 10

Good morning. Went to bed at 6:00 PM last night as I had a low grade fever and tummy issues. The fall I took last June on our cruise is now leading to some knee issues and will see an orthopedist tomorrow. Need to get these issues fixed or treated as I’m running out of time before our cruise. If I couldn’t go I would want Susan to go. We’ll see.

Did not sleep well as I had a recurring game of solitaire playing in my head. It would just not go away.

Fever appears gone but I may also have my semi annual case of sinusitis going on. When it rains it pours.

Thanks for the Report and post. Bruce

image.thumb.jpeg.4dae8fa893b44a3e3fdfb0d138ad63bf.jpegimage.jpeg.8c252364e05c84b22d98e39d246fc12a.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.147aa28e9cda3d212938fa4cf448cf1c.jpegimage.jpeg.af62a8566033ed6d48071e7daad8ee6f.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.196a8df510edfd3439f6c468b32d4579.jpegimage.jpeg.96dd6c689e08c67525812045771bcfcb.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.e92813f702360307fb4f066012386a2a.jpeg

• Like 20
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 16

Thank you Rich!

Just a super quick visit to post the wine du jour info. Off to do some early morning kayaking. 

IMG_2012.jpeg.458f17cc4ce309c0f3d72535ce8d0797.jpeg

IMG_2023.jpeg.57c9289f4b0b268f579ce4ccf19d19dd.jpeg

IMG_1990.jpeg.33197e937d7a7cfe726375f91697963e.jpeg

Praying for those who need support, especially those dealing with debilitating pain. May you all find permanent relief. 

Cheers to all who are celebrating. @smitty34877 Terry, I moved you here.  I was so happy to read that you felt like yourself. But still praying for you, Tana and all of you. 

May we each find a reason to smile today!

San Gregorio Vyd Las Martas Garnacha

Cheers to the first of you who shared your favorite wines with me! Don’t forget, if you have a wine you like that you would to share with all of us - just send me an email at annge3@gmail.com with its name or a picture of its label.
But you can find this wine online for a mere $10.99. And from its description, I would like to try it. 

Distributor notes 

Pork shoulder with a garlic, chilli, clove, smoked paprika, cinnamon, and fennel seed rub, slow cooked for five hours; chorizo, pork belly, and chickpea casserole; pan fried hake and romesco sauce. These are some of my favourite dishes. Except Ive always had one problem: no wine from my glorious Bordeaux collection quite compliments their tricky flavours - and vice versa. But the Spanish Las Martas Garnacha by Bodega San Gregorio in Calatayud does.

Why? Because its aromas and flavours of cranberry, raspberry, blueberry, and black cherry, along with generous nuances of Mediterranean thyme, oregano, and marjoram, and an additional peppery character all provide a delicious enhancement for such trickier spice combinations as detailed above.

Especially as autumn advances. When we crave more comfort and warmth - for when these dishes regain their place on my weekly menu.

But make no mistake: Bordeaux and Burgundy are great (I love them both!), but if you're like me, and like being a little more adventurous with flavours, you'll find Las Martas to be one of the best alternatives when the two Bs above aren't quite performing at their best. It's why I now have a case or two routinely poised in the cellar for such occasions (Eurocave, to be precise). I encourage you to similarly make space in your cellar and hope you'll draw a similar conclusions.

- James Ayers, Purchasing Manager, Mr.Wheeler.

Tasting notes:
This modern-style red made with old vine garnacha is warm, rich and flavourful with an appealing crunch. Very moreish and incredible value for money.

• Like 24
  • Thanks 11
  • Haha 1

Bruce @aliaschief sorry to hear you have some health problems all cropping up at once.  I hope you start feeling better and the orthopedist has some good options to help the knees before your cruise.  Love the memes today!

Graham @grapau27 my best wishes to you today as you remember your dear Mam on her 97th heavenly birthday.❤️

Terri @Cruzin Terri and Jim, have a great cruise.  You need it!

• Like 24
  • Thanks 1

Good Morning Everyone, thanks for today’s daily fleet report.  I’m not sure how it happened but the kids let me sleep in until 6.  It’s a nice cool day today.  Today’s meal suggestion sounds good to me. I haven’t made baked ziti in a long time and really should, we get several meals out of the one batch.  Today’s agenda includes a haircut from DH and a little more house cleaning.  If the leaves have dried I plan on gathering up a few more.  I hope everyone has a good day today.

All seven of the “kids” are adopted from the same rescue.

image.png.bdc52f0c5a7e16f8fdf913670122dcc4.png

• Like 32
  • Thanks 1

Happy Sunday. Thanks for the Daily and Fleet reports.

I absolutely love Baked Ziti. 

Sunny and cool today. Will be doing some cleaning and later have a Zoom call with family. 

This week I will be taking it easy and slowing down. 

Thinking of all on the care list. 

Celebrating with all who are celebrating. 

Have a safe and healthy day. 

image.png.7cefa9c8105f99a4aa8bf3fda6dc1158.png

• Like 25
  • Haha 4

55 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Bruce @aliaschief sorry to hear you have some health problems all cropping up at once.  I hope you start feeling better and the orthopedist has some good options to help the knees before your cruise.  Love the memes today!

Graham @grapau27 my best wishes to you today as you remember your dear Mam on her 97th heavenly birthday.❤️

Terri @Cruzin Terri and Jim, have a great cruise.  You need it!

Thank you Sandi.

It would have been my dad's birthday today.

• Like 19

1 hour ago, JazzyV said:

Today’s Care List:

Cruising sister’s great niece Murphy post-surgery, weaning CPAP

Lazey1 having post Covid/rebound, now bronchitis and CHF flare

Marshhawk with pulmonary issues during/following her cruise

Lady Hudson’s DH Bill with urinary tract issues

Haljo1935 with gastro issue and her DH with bronchitis

JazzyV with right leg pain, tingling and numbness

Graupau27’s DF’s heavenly 97th birthday

Recovery from Wildfires in Maui, Canadian/US wildfires

Citizens of Ukraine, Israel and Gaza

All Dailyites going through worries and stress, whether mentioned or not

From the Rotation:

Nickelpenny with leg numbness

HAL Sailer’s DH recovering after hospitalization

Mamaofami’s DH Sam recovering after several hospitalizations

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Bon Voyage Cruzin Terri (and Jim)!

Cruising sister’s great niece Murphy extubated, weaning CPAP & can be held!

RMLincoln now at her new home/community in NJ

Quartzsite Cruiser (and Steve) taking the new motorhome to Quartzsite

The Daily Gardening Club posting wonderful flower pictures

All the contributors to the Fleet Report/Daily

Upcoming Cruises or At Sea:

3 days for Nickelpenny (Volendam Nov 22 to Dec 10) Circle Hawaii

5 days for Himself (Rotterdam Nov 24 to Dec 3) Southern Caribbean Seafarer

5 days for Seasick Sailor (Rotterdam Nov 24 to Jan 14)51d B2B2B2B2B Southern Caribbean seafarer/PC Sunfarer (21n) + Eastern/Western Caribbean (14n) + Tropical/Southern Caribbean Seafarer (16n)

6 days for Av8rix (Koningsdam Nov 25 to Jan 6) 10n Mexican Riviera & Sea of Cortez + 11n Mexican Riviera & Sea of Cortez + 5n Mexico + 16n Circle Hawaii Holiday

7 days for Haljo1935 (Nieuw Statendam Nov 26 to Dec 10) 14n Passage to America, celebrating tk cruiser’s birthday onboard

Heartgrove (Carnival Venezia to Nov 20, Eastern Caribbean), Lindaler (Volendam to Nov 22, Tales of the South Pacific), Rafinmd (Rotterdam to Nov 24, Panama Canal Sunfarer), GTVCruiser (Koningsdam to Nov 25, B2B, Mexican Riviera & Classic Pacific Thanksgiving Coastal), Cruise Suzy (Eurodam to Nov 29, Southern Caribbean Wayfarer), arzz (Seabourn Sojourn to Dec 1, Leeward Island Jewels), Cruzin Terri (Oceania Vista to Dec 1, Caribbean Wanderlust Miami to Miami) and Norseh2o (Oceania Marina to Dec 3, B2B, Barcelona to Lisbon, Lisbon to Miami)

Thank you Vanessa for mentioning my late dad's birthday today.

• Like 16

@Cruzin Terri Bon Voyage! 
@aliaschief Prayers for a path forward! 
@smitty34877 Safe travels, restful change of scenery, no worries!  
@Quartzsite Cruiser smooth day in the new RV!  

Blessings to all in need of healing, comfort, direction, hope. And especially all suffering through war!  Prayers for peace in our hearts, our families, our countries and the world!  

Smooth travels to all away!

Cheers for those celebrating, Life is Good!  

Grandkids coming to help today!  Glad we had a day to recover yesterday!  Onward!  
Maureen

• Like 26

Good Morning to All and thanks for the daily and fleet reports.  What a great collection of days.  It is also World Toilet Day and I will also celebrate that.  I missed real toilets while in KSA and China.  I do not squat well!!  I have to constantly remind myself of Hagen's quote!!  The meal sounds delicious but will have to save the recipes as I am trying not to cook anything for the next couple of days  I do like the sound of the drink and wine and have never been to the port.  Thank goodness L&C found the Pacific Ocean!!  

It is a "foggy" morning here.  Temp is 52F, 95% humidity with a dew point of 51F.  It will only warm up to ~70F - sweater time!!!  I think I overdid it yesterday as I am hurting this A.M. a tad.  I might just break down and take some pain pills.  We will see.  The humidity gets to my knees also so ...........  I just hate my skeleton!!  But I got a lot done so I am on schedule.

Thoughts for the world and those on the care list.  Cheers to those who are celebrating.  Have a great Sunday to everyone!

image.thumb.jpeg.1ac440aa21f1ba2ba9ff2e708489286a.jpeg

IMG_1466.thumb.JPG.53935e5c499fc6e9dc6f7c8c257f95e1.JPGIMG_1465.thumb.JPG.b7b6ebfaafe668381530260f0236cf29.JPGIMG_1464.thumb.JPG.d416022d3c743133a2ee93b300a29d31.JPG

• Like 20
  • Haha 14

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  Honouring all the men in our lives, young and old.  In Canada we had National Adoption Day a short time ago, but I'm happy to celebrate it multiple times.  Women entrepreneurs deserve a special day, as there are so many who have created businesses and designed things that make our lives so much better.  

7:23AM and it's pitch black outside - if I didn't have a clock on my phone, I would have thought I'd gotten up about 6 hours too early.  We do have a reasonable temperature of only 0 (32F), and our high is expected to be about +9 (48), which for November 19th is unseasonably warm.  Never fear though, the thermometers will start heading down starting this coming week.  As I was looking through my FB memories this morning I see that on this day in 2010, we had a temp of -33C with the wind chill.   We have to be grateful for small mercies!

Also on this day 1 year ago we were settling into our seats for the first leg home from a lovely trans-Atlantic on the Oosterdam where we had the pleasure of meeting and enjoying the company of @kazu and members of her family,  @Seasick Sailor and her sweet DH, as well as so many more of our Daily family.  Great memories of all of you.

@Cruzin Terri Bon Voyage!

@marshhawkI do hope your breathing gets better with oxygen, and that Chuck's fall wasn't too serious!

A few things in the mix today - a bit of tidying up and dusting, as we're having my cousin and her husband in for dinner tonight.  They're in the process of building a new home in a small town about 15 minutes away and are staying at an Airbnb in another part of our city.  They've been so busy we haven't had a chance to get together with them, so they'll come over for a relaxing few hours away from the hammers, saws, wires, etc.   There's also the 110th Grey Cup Game (like your Superbowl) that will be televised, but since we changed our cable line-up, we no longer get the sport channels.  I'm pretty sure we can live stream it on the laptop, but if not, I can always check the scores from time to time on my phone.  We don't have a team in the game, so it really doesn't matter to us who wins this year.

The quote of the day is quite true, I know I'd like the drink of the day, and the wine with "crunch" sounds interesting!  I'd like the baked ziti and may make it another time, but tonight we're going to be serving lemon pasta with shrimp, Caesar salad, garlic bread, crudites, and peach pie a la mode for dessert at the dining table tonight.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who is in need, especially those in the midst of wars not of their making.  Cheers to all with celebrations.

Smooth Sailing!  ☺️☺️☺️

Gerry 

Edited by ger_77
  • Like 33
  • Thanks 2

Wow - such great days to celebrate!

Like the quote; yes to the meal & wine; maybe on the drink once I know what it is; never been to the port.

The day in history was very important. 

Checked weather for our cruise - all low to mid 60s, partly cloudy except 1 rainy day in Rome and Ponta Delgada. Really, really hoping we get to stop in Ponta Delgada as I've not been and hear it's beautiful. So, please do your "stop in Ponta Delgada" dance for us.

After months of battling HAL, we were finally able to add HIA, but of course most excursions are sold out. For those who use HAL gift cards, if we book excursion w/GC now then cancel w/in the window onboard, will the refund go to OBC or will it go back to the GC? I know prior to sailing it goes on GC, but what about canceling once onboard?

Currently 55° headed to 66° w/possibility of rain, no rain for flight day (Tuesday).

Still a lot of catch up work to do and packing. Tomorrow is a long day of work and PT.

Guess we'll test Starlink the 2nd week of the cruise as we cross the Atlantic. So excited for my 1st TA!!

Please let me be over this gastro crud today🙏 My fried that's going has offered to help w/my 🧳 as needed to accommodate my shoulder, but she sure can't help w/the crud.

Fur babies know something is up - I'm wearing them like an extra blanket. Couldn't get the big boy in the picture, but he's here, too. 20231112_120706.thumb.jpg.89b179d2fca53887dc54d0ca907dd704.jpg20231118_151713.thumb.jpg.4cf6dd50702e491dc4c8d4794ee34354.jpg

20231119_073315.thumb.jpg.a9559edd58b274ecf747cc34e7941312.jpg

Prayers and positive thoughts for all. 

Screenshot_20231119-072513_Weather.thumb.jpg.ade76d43b7dce482e7999cfcaa2f6ece.jpg

• Like 29
  • Thanks 1

Good morning, everyone!

It is a beautiful day here in mid-Michigan.  I'm thankful for that as I have to drive over to Big Rapids for a birthday party for River.  Her other grandma is hosting this party. It takes about an hour and a half each way.

I did get my x-ray results back, but still no CT results.  The x-rays confirmed my diagnosis - my shock absorbers are missing in action from the neck on down.  There is mild to moderate scoliosis and arthritis throughout.  

@Cruzin Terri Have a great cruise!

@marshhawk I hope Chuck is ok after his fall.  

@smitty34877 Have a great visit and safe travels

@aliaschief I hope you can get an easy fix for your knee problems.

@Quartzsite Cruiser Safe travels today in the new motorhome.  

@StLouisCruisers The Farkle party was great last night.  We had Claude Monet's stuffed onions with creamed spinach and biscuits.  I came from behind and beat DB Bill in the first game.  Sweet!

Today's meal is in the comfort food category and has all the flavors of lasagna without the layers.  It sounds really good, but too many carbs for me.  https://www.aheadofthyme.com/pasta-bake-with-sausage-baked-ziti/

pastabakewithsausage1.thumb.jpg.0bac68b54f5c3d66d41fb112d812b1e4.jpg

You can control the heat in this one by using mild Italian sausage and adjusting the amount of red pepper.  https://www.onceuponachef.com/recipes/baked-ziti-with-sausage.html

pastabakewithsausage2.thumb.jpg.66f9bb73ac80c893ece0af31543b1780.jpg

This one is similar, just a slight variation on seasonings.   https://www.twopeasandtheirpod.com/baked-ziti/

pastabakewithsausage3.thumb.jpg.6c1e503ae50e61a7982dde9efad698d1.jpg

• Like 24
  • Thanks 9