The Fleet Report and Daily for Saturday February 24th, 2024

kazu

1 hour ago, puppycanducruise said:

We like BritBox, lots of British mysteries  (The Bay, Shetland)   And other shows like Qi, Monte Don gardening shows, and classic britcoms like Vicar of Dibley.  We also like Roku - we've started watching Brokenwood Mysteries, it's from New Zealand. 

I watch BritBox quite frequently so it’s worth the fee for me. I used to subscribe to Acorn as well but have to draw the line somewhere as cable and internet fees are getting ridiculous. I also find that being a contributing member of PBS lets me watch many shows on the Passport app. For as little as $5 a month. I’ve already watched a new episode of Call the Midwife. 

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

We just found out our friend Bob has passed away (last night).  A very sad day because he was such a great guy.  Sandy says she and the two children have decided on no service.  We would have attended one but that's up to them.  I'll keep praying for her because she's been pretty upset and depressed lately.  Thank you all for your prayers for my friends.

I received an email from Annie @marshhawk this morning.  She says Chuck's surgery is March 5.  Neither of them have been able to work lately and that is a concern to her.  Keeping them in my prayers, too!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 9

3 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

We just found out our friend Bob has passed away (last night).  A very sad day because he was such a great guy.  Sandy says she and the two children have decided on no service.  We would have attended one but that's up to them.  I'll keep praying for her because she's been pretty upset and depressed lately.  Thank you all for your prayers for my friends.

So sad.  May Bob rest in Peace and may healing come to the family.  Wishing a positive turn for @marshhawk and @catmandoo as well.

Roy

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

@Haljo1935  I’m sorry you lost your brother. Having been through bouts of acute depression I learned some about brain chemistry. I’m fortunate to be on a better path! 

@smitty34877, Terry, I’m so glad to hear you took a break!  

Some blue sky showing!  
m—

Sandi, condolences and prayers for you and your friends. Thanks for news from Annie and Chuck. 

Edited by RMLincoln
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, smitty34877 said:

We are rather stressed here on the weekends especially as we care for Tana and our teenager. We are all so tired that it has been a little tense as we muddle through. Yesterday I took the car out and drove nowhere exciting just to be alone for a bit. Dinner last night was a relief as we all tried to find something comical  to lighten the mood. Sorry, I often feel it is better not to say much about all of this as it is such a strain. DH had a gift for finding something ridiculous to laugh at and  we all miss that skill. 

Hugs to you, Terry!   We do want to know when you need extra prayers and healing thoughts sent your way.  Lean on us.  And go for rides as often as you can!

3 hours ago, RMLincoln said:

Again no word yesterday from niece on DSIL. I expect we’ll connect this weekend. 

I hope you do hear soon and I was so glad to hear that you were able to see your brother after so long.  I'm sure it is a comfort to him to know that even after so long a time, you are there for him.

DH is on a lower frequency of the steroid drops, tapering down, so the pressure in that eye is very low - the steroids kept it up a bit to where it was still measurable on our home device. Low is good but too low isn’t. It’s such a zigzag but it all seems to be working. We are feeling more confident, and so grateful!  The itching is much less, getting by on just 1-2 Benadryl per day while he’s still using the meds in the other eye (scheduled for surgery April 23). 🤞

That is good news!   Keep it coming.

I’ve apparently developed what I think is a lumbar pinched nerve, huh! Early signs.  I will be thinking my way through what I’ve learned about dealing with these kinds of issues from neck disk problems twenty years ago, hoping I can get back on track!  🤦🏼‍♀️ I really don’t need this now!  

This is not good news.  I hope with your background you are able to figure out a regimen to relieve the pain.  

13 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

My condolences to you and to your friend Sandy.  She is lucky to have such a good friend in  you.

13 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

I received an email from Annie @marshhawk this morning.  She says Chuck's surgery is March 5.  Neither of them have been able to work lately and that is a concern to her.  Keeping them in my prayers, too!

Thanks for the update.  If it isn't one thing, it is ten others with them.  I hope all gets fixed soon.

Speaking of ten other things, we have a boiler and zone heating.  One zone has gone off line and it is pretty chilly here in the family room.  I do have an electric fireplace/space heater going that helps a bit.  I'm going to try to wait it out over the weekend and call for service on Monday.  Of course, this has to happen during a cold snap.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 3

Good afternoon. Thanks for the FR/Daily @kazu and @richwmn and maps @rafinmd.

I'm a fan of tortilla chips (and salsa). Many enjoy trading cards. I liked Twin Peaks back in the day. Good quote. I like the meal, pass on the drink and wine. I have ingredients to make lasagna soup, but I'm have trouble getting up the energy to make it. I have not been to Zihuatanejo. 

What the heck! Yesterday was in the 50's and I wake up to snow outside! Not much, mainly on the grass. But a warmup next week. I slept pretty well; about 4 hours, but after posting the Cares list I fell back asleep from 7-9. I still had numbness and burning on standing when I got up. I think it may ease up as the day goes on. I am trying to fix my GF clock; it was moved, but stayed inside. I took off the weights, but not the pendulum (which now stops). I'll have to dig out the manual for the clock mechanism; I built this clock from plans (not a kit) years ago and purchased the mechanism to go inside.

@Cruise Suzy Bon Voyage!

@Nickelpenny Enjoy Devils Island. 

@aliaschief Good to hear things are calmer. When I crossed the Tasman, I remember the MDR being half empty; that was the only time I used a scopolamine patch, even though I usually don't get seasick.

@StLouisCruisers Thanks for the nice photos. You and DH were looking good there. I am so sorry to hear about the passing of Bob; condolences to Sandy and his family and friends. 

@Cruzin Terri Nice to "see" you! Good that you will see the nurse about how the leg wound looks. I hope you can find a new cleaning person soon.

@Kakiwynn Welcome to the Daily!

@ger_77 Your friends are indeed lucky to be so comfortable around you. I wish I lived closer! 🙂 

@Sir PMP Thanks for the photos.

@RMLincoln Yes ma'am, lol. I'm glad the regimen is working to keep DH relatively stable. Oh no on the possible pinched nerve! I hope it clears up soon. 

@tupper10 I'm glad your energy is slowly returning. 

@smitty34877 I am sorry the weekends are so hard. I wish I was closer to help out.

@Haljo1935 I am sorry to hear about your brother; no doubt a painful memory.

@Quartzsite Cruiser Lovely photos. 

@GTVCRUISER Thanks for the photos.

@HAL Sailer Thinking of you and DH

Prayers for the Care List and a Toast to those Celebrating.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 11

52 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

I'm so sorry to hear your friend Bob has passed away Sandi.

My prayers and condolences to you,Sandy and her loving family and friends.

d9e8059d618a72f40cc0e3badbd37b4f.gif

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Good morning. I remember the lady with the logs from “Twin Peaks “ but not much more. The recipe looks good, thank you Debbie @dfish! I have not been to the port and only partially agree with the quote.

It is sunny and forty degrees today. It felt really good earlier to be walking in the sun without being cold doing it. My dog buddies were so happy to be out exploring the melting snow. 
@RMLincoln, I was glad to read that your DH is slowly improving and things are going well. Sorry to hear about your pain symptoms. My brother recently moved to Connecticut from Albuquerque and told me irately that “ everything is more painful here”. I have always chalked it up to the weather and living at sea level. He misses the mountains but wanted to be closer to family.

@ottahand7, I really enjoyed reading about your cruise adventures and loved the moonlight wake picture. Thank you!

@puppycanducruise, I find Britbox very entertaining also and loved “Brokeback Mysteries”. I have been watching old David Tennant series and enjoying them too.

@JazzyV, I hope you get consistent pain relief very soon.

We are rather stressed here on the weekends especially as we care for Tana and our teenager. We are all so tired that it has been a little tense as we muddle through. Yesterday I took the car out and drove nowhere exciting just to be alone for a bit. Dinner last night was a relief as we all tried to find something comical  to lighten the mood. Sorry, I often feel it is better not to say much about all of this as it is such a strain. DH had a gift for finding something ridiculous to laugh at and  we all miss that skill. 

I'm sorry to hear how stressed the household is on weekends caring for the teenager and of course Tana without aides.  You are all in our prayers.  Getting out for a drive sounds like a very good idea.

4 minutes ago, smitty34877 said:

@StLouisCruisers,Sandi, condolences to your friends and to you and DH . Sending prayers as well.

Thank you all for your kind thoughts today. That includes @Quartzsite Cruiser, @dfish, @RMLincoln, @Haljo1935, @JazzyV. I hope I didn’t miss anyone.

Thank you Terry.  It just seemed to happen so fast.

2 hours ago, Haljo1935 said:

I enjoy tortilla chips and today's a good day to have some. DH large trading card collection was stolen years ago, but we can still recognize their day. Not sure what Twin Peaks Day is - am I supposed to celebrate a show I didn't watch or remember this horrible shootout:

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/waco-biker-shooting-prosecutors-drop-all-charges-deadly-shootout-n990341

There is a video clip from inside the restaurant; I wasn't able to copy it by itself, but you can watch it without reading the whole article. It was another deadly tragedy for that town. The link below has a different video clip - warning it might be graphic:

https://www.cnn.com/videos/us/2015/10/30/waco-biker-shooting-lavandera-pkg-erin.cnn

I agree with the quote; having lost a brother to suicide, I am painfully aware that is not attainable for some. Pass on the meal & drink, would try the wine, not been to the port. I use the Gregorian Calendar every day & appreciate the consistency it provides.

Currently 59° headed to sunny 79° - 86° tomorrow and 93° on Monday. Holey moley! Going out to pick up Rx before they get put back and grab a gallon of tea; I should make it myself, but Kroger's is really good and it's decaf, plus it's in a jug that easy to keep in the fridge and I get 4x gas points. 😊

Prayers and positive thoughts for all. 🙏

20240224_091542.thumb.jpg.b33385423854d69a1c414ebf955c95f4.jpg

Elizabeth, I am very sorry to hear about losing your brother.  My sympathy on your loss.

36 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

So sad.  May Bob rest in Peace and may healing come to the family.  Wishing a positive turn for @marshhawk and @catmandoo as well.

Roy

Thank you Roy. 

I'm hoping Annie's service is fixed SOON.

35 minutes ago, RMLincoln said:

@Haljo1935  I’m sorry you lost your brother. Having been through bouts of acute depression I learned some about brain chemistry. I’m fortunate to be on a better path! 

@smitty34877, Terry, I’m so glad to hear you took a break!  

Some blue sky showing!  
m—

Sandi, condolences and prayers for you and your friends. Thanks for news from Annie and Chuck. 

I appreciate your condolences and prayers Maureen.  And I do hope the nerve pain problem is short lived.

22 minutes ago, dfish said:

Hugs to you, Terry!   We do want to know when you need extra prayers and healing thoughts sent your way.  Lean on us.  And go for rides as often as you can!

I hope you do hear soon and I was so glad to hear that you were able to see your brother after so long.  I'm sure it is a comfort to him to know that even after so long a time, you are there for him.

That is good news!   Keep it coming.

This is not good news.  I hope with your background you are able to figure out a regimen to relieve the pain.  

My condolences to you and to your friend Sandy.  She is lucky to have such a good friend in  you.

Thanks for the update.  If it isn't one thing, it is ten others with them.  I hope all gets fixed soon.

Speaking of ten other things, we have a boiler and zone heating.  One zone has gone off line and it is pretty chilly here in the family room.  I do have an electric fireplace/space heater going that helps a bit.  I'm going to try to wait it out over the weekend and call for service on Monday.  Of course, this has to happen during a cold snap.

Thank you Debbie for your sympathy.  And good idea to wait until Monday to call for service for your heating.  They probably charge extra on weekend.  Keep warm and hang in there.  It's gonna get warmer soon!

14 minutes ago, JazzyV said:

I'm a fan of tortilla chips (and salsa). Many enjoy trading cards. I liked Twin Peaks back in the day. Good quote. I like the meal, pass on the drink and wine. I have ingredients to make lasagna soup, but I'm have trouble getting up the energy to make it. I have not been to Zihuatanejo. 

What the heck! Yesterday was in the 50's and I wake up to snow outside! Not much, mainly on the grass. But a warmup next week. I slept pretty well; about 4 hours, but after posting the Cares list I fell back asleep from 7-9. I still had numbness and burning on standing when I got up. I think it may ease up as the day goes on. I am trying to fix my GF clock; it was moved, but stayed inside. I took off the weights, but not the pendulum (which now stops). I'll have to dig out the manual for the clock mechanism; I built this clock from plans (not a kit) years ago and purchased the mechanism to go inside.

@Cruise Suzy Bon Voyage!

@aliaschief Good to hear things are calmer. When I crossed the Tasman, I remember the MDR being half empty; that was the only time I used a scopolamine patch, even though I usually don't get seasick.

@StLouisCruisers Thanks for the nice photos. You and DH were looking good there. I am so sorry to hear about the passing of Bob; condolences to Sandy and his family and friends. 

@Cruzin Terri Nice to "see" you! Good that you will see the nurse about how the leg wound looks. I hope you can find a new cleaning person soon.

@ger_77 Your friends are indeed lucky to be so comfortable around you. I wish I lived closer! 🙂 

@RMLincoln Yes ma'am, lol. I'm glad the regimen is working to keep DH relatively stable. Oh no on the possible pinched nerve! I hope it clears up soon. 

@smitty34877 I am sorry the weekends are so hard. I wish I was closer to help out.

Thanks very much Vanessa.  We enjoyed Bob so much.

I hope the grandfather clock is not difficult to get back on track.  Amazing you could put it together in the first place.  You have talent!

4 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I'm so sorry to hear your friend Bob has passed away Sandi.

My prayers and condolences to you,Sandy and her loving family and friends.

d9e8059d618a72f40cc0e3badbd37b4f.gif

Thank you so much Graham.  Even though she told me he was dying when we last talked, it was a shock to hear the sad news.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 4

3 hours ago, smitty34877 said:

Good morning. I remember the lady with the logs from “Twin Peaks “ but not much more. The recipe looks good, thank you Debbie @dfish! I have not been to the port and only partially agree with the quote.

It is sunny and forty degrees today. It felt really good earlier to be walking in the sun without being cold doing it. My dog buddies were so happy to be out exploring the melting snow. 
@RMLincoln, I was glad to read that your DH is slowly improving and things are going well. Sorry to hear about your pain symptoms. My brother recently moved to Connecticut from Albuquerque and told me irately that “ everything is more painful here”. I have always chalked it up to the weather and living at sea level. He misses the mountains but wanted to be closer to family.

@ottahand7, I really enjoyed reading about your cruise adventures and loved the moonlight wake picture. Thank you!

@puppycanducruise, I find Britbox very entertaining also and loved “Brokeback Mysteries”. I have been watching old David Tennant series and enjoying them too.

@JazzyV, I hope you get consistent pain relief very soon.

I'm sorry that you are stressed Terry.

Prayers 🙏 for Tana and your teenager.

We find driving down to our local beach and looking out at the North Sea for a few hours is relaxing and why you regularly see my sea photos on here hopefully spreading the relaxation of the sea view to others.

IMG_20210423_111854.jpg

• Like 12
  • Thanks 4

@grapau27, Thank you Graham. I love the pictures of your  North Sea beaches. I often go to one of the river towns and watch my Hudson go by. There are two parks that have close proximity to the water. 

@StLouisCruisers, Sandi, even when we know the end is near for those we love it still a shock. You have a very big heart  too.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, ger_77 said:

Shortly after lunch yesterday we were just lounging around - DH on the computer and me watching TV and knitting when the doorbell rang.  Our friends (the fellow with post-polio syndrome) dropped by and asked if we would accept some teary visitors.  They had just come from the veterinarian's office where they picked up the ashes of their sweet kitty, Garfield, and didn't feel like going home.  I put the coffee on, ran downstairs and grabbed a peach pie from the freezer, threw it in the oven and we visited with them for a few hours.  I think they were in much better spirits when they left.  I feel good knowing others are so comfortable around us that they feel free to just drop in without having to wait for an invitation.

You are good people. 🙂 Condolences to your friends on the loss of their fur baby. 

3 hours ago, smitty34877 said:

{{{Hugs}}} and prayers 🙏 to you and your household. 

1 hour ago, StLouisCruisers said:

I’m sorry to hear about your friend Bob. Prayers 🙏 for his family (especially the kids) and friends. 

Thank you for the update on Anne and Chuck. Hope they get internet restored soon. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 3

Good afternoon.  First, a correction, as DH caught a typo I missed this morning.  Our predicted high is 74F not 54F.  I am working on my pictures from our cruise and reliving wonderful memories and visiting with three Daily friends.  BTW. DH's brother and girlfriend boarded Koningsdam the day we disembarked for the 35 Hawaii-South Pacific cruise.  The timing was such that we didn't get a chance to visit with them except by phone.

DH just told me that some of the weeds are beginning to die after I sprayed ground clear the other day.  Others are still hanging in and looking robust.

3 hours ago, Haljo1935 said:

I enjoy tortilla chips and today's a good day to have some. DH large trading card collection was stolen years ago, but we can still recognize their day. Not sure what Twin Peaks Day is - am I supposed to celebrate a show I didn't watch or remember this horrible shootout:

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/waco-biker-shooting-prosecutors-drop-all-charges-deadly-shootout-n990341

There is a video clip from inside the restaurant; I wasn't able to copy it by itself, but you can watch it without reading the whole article. It was another deadly tragedy for that town. The link below has a different video clip - warning it might be graphic:

https://www.cnn.com/videos/us/2015/10/30/waco-biker-shooting-lavandera-pkg-erin.cnn

I agree with the quote; having lost a brother to suicide, I am painfully aware that is not attainable for some. Pass on the meal & drink, would try the wine, not been to the port. I use the Gregorian Calendar every day & appreciate the consistency it provides.

Currently 59° headed to sunny 79° - 86° tomorrow and 93° on Monday. Holey moley! Going out to pick up Rx before they get put back and grab a gallon of tea; I should make it myself, but Kroger's is really good and it's decaf, plus it's in a jug that easy to keep in the fridge and I get 4x gas points. 😊

Prayers and positive thoughts for all. 🙏

20240224_091542.thumb.jpg.b33385423854d69a1c414ebf955c95f4.jpg

Elizabeth, our belated condolences on the loss of your brother.  

2 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Sandi, our condolences to you and Dennis and to Bob's wife, family and friends.  It's never easy losing someone special.

Thank you for the update on Annie and Chuck.  I hope they can get back to work and The Daily soon.

1 hour ago, dfish said:

Debbie, I hope the repair to the heating problem is an easy and not too expensive fix.  These things seem to happen on weekends and holidays.

1 hour ago, JazzyV said:

@Cruise Suzy Bon Voyage!

Vanessa, I'm glad you are getting a bit more sleep, and I hope the pain has eased as the day progressed.  Good luck on repairing the grandfather clock.

@aliaschief Bruce, I'm glad the seas have finally calmed down.  Enjoy the smoother ride.

Lenda

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2

Caught @Cruise Suzy as they were departing FLL a few minutes ago:
image.thumb.png.559c4b5a5e18495434384d091a532ae7.png

@smitty34877I'm sorry to hear it's so stressful for you; please do take the time to get away by yourself for a while, just to regroup.  Your health matters, too.
@StLouisCruisersmy condolences on the passing of Bob; I hope his soul rests in eternal peace and that his family and friends will find comfort in their grief.

On another matter, does anyone know where I can buy Bonine (or the generic Meclizine) by mail order?  I've checked a few sites and they don't ship out of the US.  Doesn't seem fair, as we ship from Canadian online pharmacies to the US.   Our friends who went cruising without us went to a pharmacy in FLL and brought back Dramamine - which I can't take.  I'm out of meclizine and would like to keep some on hand because, as I tell people, when we win the lottery, I'm on the next plane and don't want to be using the little white bag!

• Like 13
  • Thanks 4

Good morning and thanks all!  

@smitty34877 it’s not always easy to talk about what lies so heavy on our hearts, sending hugs!   I agree with Graham that a visit to the ocean can help.   When my brother died,  I thought the crashing of the waves reflected my anger, but it also soothed me. 

@Haljo1935 sending hugs,  such a hard loss! 

@StLouisCruisers sorry to hear of the loss of Bob! 

We too love British shows,  and alternate between Acorn and Britbox.     We currently are enjoying Silk!   We have gotten PBS also through Prime at times.  

@ger_77 I bought Bonine aka meclizine from Amazon.com

IMG_5123.jpeg

IMG_0459.jpeg

Edited by bennybear
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 4

18 minutes ago, bennybear said:

Unfortunately all I found there was non-drowsy natural ginger Bonine, none that contained meclizine.  They do, however, have a plethora of barf bags for sale! 

I'm now regretting having given all of mine away to my friends and not keeping a few for myself.  I know Costco in the US carries it, but they also won't ship to Canada.  And unfortunately the nearest Walgreens or CVS is around 600 miles away.  LOL  

• Like 7

19 minutes ago, ger_77 said:

Unfortunately all I found there was non-drowsy natural ginger Bonine, none that contained meclizine.  They do, however, have a plethora of barf bags for sale! 

I'm now regretting having given all of mine away to my friends and not keeping a few for myself.  I know Costco in the US carries it, but they also won't ship to Canada.  And unfortunately the nearest Walgreens or CVS is around 600 miles away.  LOL  

Send me your address at patspal162@yahoo dot com & I'll mail you some....I don't know how many are in a package/bottle -- how many do you want?

Edited by 57redbird
typo
  • Like 10

Good morning from the Volendam!

We are at sea today, destination Melbourne tomorrow. Yesterday we had a wonderful day in Adelaide, a group of us from CC went to Cleland Wildlife Park. 

A couple weeks ago we received emails saying they had to cancel our reservations to hold a koala because of some renovations to that area 😪. Many of us were able instead to pet one and have photos taken at no charge so that was a good substitute. 

It has been hard to keep up with the Daily, but know I’m sending prayers and cheers for all. 

So much fun!

IMG_2794.thumb.jpeg.7d20908788f41089ac44517d4101d303.jpeg

Hungry Mama

IMG_3872.thumb.jpeg.42fd11a0d888c816a9e53b7c3edf6b16.jpeg

Emu

IMG_2831.thumb.jpeg.8203c9976ab9ffc916445aaca57382cd.jpeg

Yellow Footed Rock Wallaby 

IMG_2845.thumb.jpeg.372558f18e5f7d9fccf922bdc691dd6d.jpeg

Adelaide seen from Mt. Lofty

IMG_2779.thumb.jpeg.ff506ba733c6c90a2ead72dd3b985d5e.jpeg

• Like 18
  • Thanks 4

@grapau27, Thank you Graham. I love the pictures of your  North Sea beaches. I often go to one of the river towns and watch my Hudson go by. There are two parks that have close proximity to the water. 

@StLouisCruisers, Sandi, even when we know the end is near for those we love it still a shock. You have a very big heart  too.

Thank you Terry.

I enjoy Graham's @grapau27's photos of the beach too.  We see it in all kinds of weather, too.

2 hours ago, puppycanducruise said:

@StLouisCruisers So sorry to hear about your friend's passing.   Prayers for you and his family.

I appreciate that Melanie. 

2 hours ago, dobiemom said:

You are good people. 🙂 Condolences to your friends on the loss of their fur baby. 

{{{Hugs}}} and prayers 🙏 to you and your household. 

I’m sorry to hear about your friend Bob. Prayers 🙏 for his family (especially the kids) and friends. 

Thank you for the update on Anne and Chuck. Hope they get internet restored soon. 

Thank you Marcia.  Thankfully their daughter moved down to Myrtle Beach a year or so ago so she's right there with Sandy.  The son lives in Massachusetts.

1 hour ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Good afternoon.  First, a correction, as DH caught a typo I missed this morning.  Our predicted high is 74F not 54F.  I am working on my pictures from our cruise and reliving wonderful memories and visiting with three Daily friends.  BTW. DH's brother and girlfriend boarded Koningsdam the day we disembarked for the 35 Hawaii-South Pacific cruise.  The timing was such that we didn't get a chance to visit with them except by phone.

DH just told me that some of the weeds are beginning to die after I sprayed ground clear the other day.  Others are still hanging in and looking robust.

Elizabeth, our belated condolences on the loss of your brother.  

Sandi, our condolences to you and Dennis and to Bob's wife, family and friends.  It's never easy losing someone special.

Thank you for the update on Annie and Chuck.  I hope they can get back to work and The Daily soon.

Debbie, I hope the repair to the heating problem is an easy and not too expensive fix.  These things seem to happen on weekends and holidays.

Vanessa, I'm glad you are getting a bit more sleep, and I hope the pain has eased as the day progressed.  Good luck on repairing the grandfather clock.

@aliaschief Bruce, I'm glad the seas have finally calmed down.  Enjoy the smoother ride.

Lenda

Many thanks Lenda.  Yes, I agree with you, Marcia @dobiemom and the rest of the Dailyites that we want Annie @marshhawk back here pronto.

28 minutes ago, ger_77 said:

Caught @Cruise Suzy as they were departing FLL a few minutes ago:
image.thumb.png.559c4b5a5e18495434384d091a532ae7.png

@smitty34877I'm sorry to hear it's so stressful for you; please do take the time to get away by yourself for a while, just to regroup.  Your health matters, too.
@StLouisCruisersmy condolences on the passing of Bob; I hope his soul rests in eternal peace and that his family and friends will find comfort in their grief.

On another matter, does anyone know where I can buy Bonine (or the generic Meclizine) by mail order?  I've checked a few sites and they don't ship out of the US.  Doesn't seem fair, as we ship from Canadian online pharmacies to the US.   Our friends who went cruising without us went to a pharmacy in FLL and brought back Dramamine - which I can't take.  I'm out of meclizine and would like to keep some on hand because, as I tell people, when we win the lottery, I'm on the next plane and don't want to be using the little white bag!

Thank you so much Gerry.  Very kind of you.

Nice photo of @Cruise Suzy.

Amazon Canada doesn't have meclizine?  (see below)

26 minutes ago, bennybear said:

Good morning and thanks all!  

@smitty34877 it’s not always easy to talk about what lies so heavy on our hearts, sending hugs!   I agree with Graham that a visit to the ocean can help.   When my brother died,  I thought the crashing of the waves reflected my anger, but it also soothed me. 

@Haljo1935 sending hugs,  such a hard loss! 

@StLouisCruisers sorry to hear of the loss of Bob! 

We too love British shows,  and alternate between Acorn and Britbox.     We currently are enjoying Silk!   We have gotten PBS also through Prime at times.  

IMG_5123.jpeg

IMG_0459.jpeg

Thank you Brenda.  Everyone is so empathetic here.

Love the photo as usual.

That's where we buy meclizine.

5 minutes ago, ger_77 said:

This is what I see on U.S. Amazon.  It's the same bottle I bought before our family cruise in 2019.  I wanted a lot in case several people needed them.  Rugby brand.

https://www.amazon.com/Rugby-Travel-Sickness-Tablets-100/dp/B004FJFF2A/ref=sr_1_5?crid=2X0FTQXC67CWS&dib=eyJ2IjoiMSJ9.MN6wfEyV451NFhoxWGDgQpqc5t2t4fN1d6S_eXeGpmy6H61hUKo3e1c9Ksvze5q74jFjEPHOULrkp_lbF_j51GTlxnAzZgoMtz_w7Y1KabMeYg_6o6GdLtHBQfL1e8DI6ooii0mihZbXRPmtKEgdjmHMO6byPVib66vrBd6b81IMS4v-78ffc6BiJRTIm2oNroFxnzmmz5jeG7FJQM4L-IWzxeBUnawkRop52NolCTQ.Pax3RGEIqdIEXCv9w7oEY5n8HHmLaQaT3eUBOKLV0mw&dib_tag=se&keywords=meclizine+25mg+tablets&qid=1708809867&sprefix=meclizine%2Caps%2C119&sr=8-5

• Like 9

14 minutes ago, ger_77 said:

It’s only on the .com not .ca.  site.   If it won’t ship to Canada, let me know and I can bring some extra back.  

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1