The Fleet Report and Daily for Saturday April 6th, 2024

kazu

Today is Charlie the Tuna Day, Drowsy Driver Awareness Day, and Hostess Twinkie Day

What I am looking for is a blessing not in disguise. - Jerome K. Jerome

Meal Suggestion for today - Air Fryer Rotisserie Chicken
Drink of the Day - Dubliner
Wine of the Day - Apothic Dark 
Destination of the Day - Niigata, Japan 

Today in History:
1889 George Eastman begins selling his Kodak flexible rolled film for the first time

Ship Locations

Eurodam

Fort Lauderdale, Port Everglades, Florida 07:00 - 15:00 

Koningsdam

At Sea Destination Cabo San Lucas, Baja California Mexico eta 04-07

Nieuw Amsterdam

Nieuw Statendam

Half Moon Cay, Bahamas 08:00 - 14:00 

Oosterdam

At Sea Destination Ponta Delgada, Sao Miguel Island Azores Portugal eta 04-12

Rotterdam

Half Moon Cay, Bahamas 08:00 - 15:00 

Volendam

San Diego, California 7:00-15:00 

Zaandam

Puerto Vallarta, Mexico 12:00 - 24:00

Eastern Hemisphere

Noordam

At Sea Destination Noumea, Grande Terre Island New Caledonia eta 04-09

Westerdam

Toyama City, Japan Toyama 08:00 - 17:00 

Zuiderdam

At Sea Destination Zanzibar, Tanzia eta 4/8

• Like 18
  • Thanks 24

Today’s Care List:

Passing of Ger_77’s friend Gord on 3/31/2024

RMLincoln’s DSIL back in the hospital, slight improvement

Tana with chronic pulmonary issues, on maximal oxygen

Dfish’s eye infection, improving

JazzyV with R leg pain, numbness

Taiwan 7.4 magnitude earthquake

Baltimore Key Bridge collapse, 6 people presumed dead

Citizens of Ukraine, Israel and Gaza, hostages; Haiti unrest

All Dailyites going through worries and stress, whether mentioned or not

From the Rotation:

Atexsix’s DD now in hospice care

Seasick Sailor’s friend Ron with multiple medical issues

StLouisCruisers’ DB with pulmonary fibrosis

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Welcome home cruising-along!

Welcome home Durangoscots!

Welcome home cruising sister

Welcome home CruiserCl!

NextOne’s DS got a new job!

RMLincoln’s DH Richard’s successful outcome from his January eye surgery!

USN59-79 in Taipei

Kazu stepping up to keep the FR/Daily going while Rich is cruising

The Daily Gardening Club posting wonderful flower pictures

All the contributors to the Fleet Report/Daily

Upcoming Cruises or At Sea:

1 day for Heartgrove’s DW and DSIL (Rotterdam April 7 to April 13) 6d Western Caribbean

1 day for Overhead Fred (Nieuw Statendam Apr 7 to May 5) 28d Bermuda, Brittany & Canary Island Allure

1 day for Vict0riann (Nieuw Statendam Apr 7 to Apr 21) 14d Bermuda, Brittany & The English Channel Expedition

Smmessineo (Rotterdam to Apr 7) 9d S. Caribbean Wayfarer, POA1 & Huskerchick (Rotterdam to Apr 7) 9d S. Caribbean Wayfarer, Ocean sounds (Zaandam to Apr 13) 14d Solar Eclipse & Mexican Riviera, SusieKIslandGirl (Discovery Princess to Apr 13) 10d Mexican Riviera with Total Solar Eclipse, Lobsternight (Koningsdam to April 27) 22d Solar Eclipse & Circle Hawaii, Richwmn (Volendam to May 4, Apr 6 15d PC Cruise + Apr 21 The Atlantic Coast), Sailingdutchy (Nieuw Statendam to April 7) B2B 7d E. Caribbean + (Nieuw Statendam Apr 7 to May 5) 28d Bermuda, Brittany & Canary Island Allure, Cat in my lap (Zuiderdam to May 11, 128d Grand World Voyage), Gail & Marty sailing away (Zuiderdam to May 11, 128d Grand World Voyage) and Aliaschief (Azamara Onward WC to June 9, 156d World Voyage)

• Like 16
  • Thanks 25

Good morning friends!  It's only 37F this morning but clear.  The remainder of the day will be partly cloudy and a high temp of 65.

Thank you Jacqui @kazu and Roy @rafinmd for posting the Fleet Report and Daily as well as the fleet location maps for Rich @richwmn.  I think Charlie the Tuna Day and Hostess Twinkie Day are rather frivolous but Drowsy Driver Awareness Day is important to shed light on the dangers of driving while drowsy.  So dangerous!  The quote to me is forgettable but who names their child Jerome K. Jerome?  The meal suggestion should be popular with air fryer owners.  No thanks to the drink or the wine.  It was a big deal when flexible rolled film was invented and sold and it was in use exclusively for many years.  Thanks to Debbie @dfish, Dixie @summer slope and Ann @cat shepard for their very important F&B reports.

Prayers for all our Daily members on our Care list (and even if you're not).  Special thoughts for Tana and Terry's @smitty34877 household.  I hope the aide showed up last night.  Also for my DB, great nephew Alex's twin boys, my friends Scott, Susan and Sandy, the people of Israel and Ukraine, the hostages still held, and our troops on bases and at sea in the region.  🙏

Congrats to those celebrating special events and enjoying cruises! 🎉 Best of luck to those preparing to cruise and traveling to one. 🚢 Welcome home @Cruising-along, @durangoscots, @cruising sister and @Cruisercl!  Thanks go to Vanessa @JazzyV for her list keeping abilities.  Hoping and praying for you Vanessa each and every day!

The port of the day is Niigata, Japan, which is a new port for us.  Rich @richwmn went all out finding some new ports for us this year.  I have not been to Niigata before but if you have please show us your pictures!  

Hoping you all have a great day!  Please stay safe and keep well!

• Like 30
  • Thanks 4

Good morning.  Thanks for the Report.

Thanks for the maps and thanks for the lists.

It's cool and cloudy this morning, but we're hoping for a sunny 7°C (45°F) this afternoon.🤞

Sorry Charlie, I guess we're all rejected at some time.  Not a fan of twinkies.  Drowsy driving is a problem, just like drunk driving.

An easy dinner suggestion and we all need that once in a while.  Not sure about the drink or the wine.

I've never been to today's port.

Prayers for those on the Care List.  Cheers for all the celebrations. 

Have a wonderful day.  Stay safe.

• Like 30

Good afternoon.

It is partly sunny and 65°F here.

2 fun days.

Drowsy driving is dangerous and if you feel drowsy you should open your window for some fresh air and stop at the nearest services and take a break.

We have never been to today's port.

Prayers 🙏 for everyone who is unwell.

I hope everyone has a nice day and happy weekend.

• Like 29

Dubliner cocktail:

Ingredients:

2 oz. Irish whiskey
1/2 oz. Grand Marnier
1/2 oz. sweet vermouth
3 dashes orange bitters
Garnish: 1 green maraschino cherry

Steps:

Add the whiskey, Grand Marnier, sweet vermouth and orange bitters into a mixing glass with ice and stir until well-chilled.
Strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
Garnish with a green maraschino cherry.

Screenshot 2024-04-06 at 7.18.54 AM.png

• Like 11
  • Thanks 19

Good morning, everyone!

It is a chilly start to the day, but it is supposed to be mostly sunny with a high of 57F.  I like that!  The eye is pretty much the same as yesterday.  At least it doesn't hurt like it did before.  

We have no plans for today.  I am going to the gym, but after that I'm just relaxing with warm compresses.  

Didn't we have air fryer rotisserie chicken a short time ago?  It seems rather familiar to me and I had some pictures saved in this year's Meal of the Day folder.  Well, if we did, we're having a refresher!   https://www.skinnytaste.com/air-fryer-rotisserie-chicken/

rotisseriechicken1.thumb.jpg.abf345190e879af677d303ed19b84efe.jpg

It sure looks good.  We had rotisserie chicken just this past week.  I would have to do this in the regular oven as I don't have an air fryer.  I think it would be fine to do that.  https://jenniferbanz.com/air-fryer-whole-chicken

rotisseriechicken2.thumb.jpg.09fbd97f2c232484a853be014aba727c.jpg

One last recipe.  This is a honey lemon version.  https://grownupdish.com/homemade-rotisserie-chicken-in-the-air-fryer/

rotisseriechicken4.thumb.png.c21abeb25ed9fd88ffeec5566835aeb2.png

Welcome home to all of our Grand Australia Dailyites.  Hope this finds everyone well and wishing  you all a wonderful day.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 17

Thank you for today’s FR & D, Jacqui! Roy, hope all went well yesterday. Thank you for our maps! It was a lovely 55 this morning. Bindi and I enjoyed a lovely walk and the sky treated us to quite a show! Fawn season has officially arrived. Last night this year’s twins wandered through. Not the best picture, but….

(just scroll through this quickly @kazu)

IMG_4584.jpeg.c5b247c79d7158949dbc23e93bf1d93b.jpeg

Vanessa, thank you for keeping up with all of us. We are a busy group. Praying that the 22nd brings you much needed relief. 

An almost normal day! Bindi walks, dinner with friends and my new w/d is installed. They were delivered last Saturday, but when the team discovered my cold water shut off valve was broken, they could not install the washer until a plumber fixed it. I might get out in the yard, lots to do there. 

IMG_2535.jpeg.6bad1aa1d713e00b1d19a9114fea1c34.jpeg

IMG_2676.jpeg.1ac5ee8fbfb8218429dc574dc9bbad0a.jpeg

This one is dedicated to my fellow Floridians… or those who have travelled it during rush hour. 

IMG_2507.jpeg.d48c7cc4435f08a622ce34d47a17804d.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. Those suffering from pain, debilitating conditions, the loss of a loved one, trauma. The caregivers. Terry, praying for Tana, her son, you and your entire family. 

Cheers to all who are celebrating!

May we each find a reason to smile today!

Apothic Dark 2021

I used the 2021 vintage info, since that seemed the easiest to find. Readily available & priced to try. If you don’t like it - use it for cooking. Online prices start at $8.77.

Winemaker’s notes

Tasting notes
Dark Fruits, Dark Chocolate, Coffee
Bold, daring and velvety smooth, our 2021 Apothic Dark offers an unforgettable taste of the darkest of fruits. Notes of blueberry, blackberry and plum are accented by dark chocolate and spice on the rich, plush palate. Hints of coffee and mocha help round out the wine’s full body and long, lingering finish.

Viticulture Notes
We selected the majority of the grapes for Apothic Dark from Lodi in California’s Delta region. California’s 2021 growing season was cool and mild, with a heat spell in August that resulted in an earlier than average harvest. Wines from this vintage showcase vibrant acidity and concentrated flavors.

Winemaking Notes
We harvested a majority of the grapes for the Apothic Dark at night in cool temperatures to preserve the character of the fruit, then we fermented the varieties between 88° to 90°F. The blend, primarily Petite Sirah and Teroldego with other dark-skinned varieties in support, was crafted to showcase a silky mouthfeel with hints of d
  • Like 19
  • Thanks 15

Thank you Jacqui, thank you Roy, thank you Debbie, thank you Vanessa, thank you Ann, and thank you Dixie for all your work.  And thank you everyone for being here!

Sue and DSIL left earlier this morning for their flight today to FLL. Tomorrow they embark on the Rotterdam. I stayed home for Sam - who has surprised us all with how well he now appears to be! A different dog than four weekends ago!!! Not quite as peppy as two months ago as he is having more #2 accidents in the house. Reminds me of a toddler as he barks to go out after messing. But that is how Senior dogs are and I can't be upset with him.

We finalized our Fall cruise yesterday and modified next year's cruise. Even added an additional cruise! The new cruise is actually less than a month away on MSC Seashore from Port Canaveral. Our first time sailing from there and first time to sail MSC from the USA. Unbelievable cheap so we booked YC to be pampered. Using "Park N Cruise" to leave the car? Any thoughts?

For the Fall we decided to not sail to Norway but only sail on the Rotterdam Transatlantic but with a twist. We are then staying aboard for the Southern Caribbean/partial Panama Canal cruise. So 27 days aboard the Rotterdam. It has been 52 years since I sailed through the Panama Canal.

While we were at it, we have changed plans for next year. Why not?  We were going to NZ/OZ to visit my friend and then sailing home from Japan. Too many logistics to overcome so we have now booked the Nieuw Statendam on the "Canary Crossing" for April 2025. First time for an EB Transatlantic. Our PCC likes to book the sailing as two 14-day cruises as opposed to one 28-day. Slightly more ($145.00) but additional OBC and 4 dinners instead of two. He probably likes it he gets credit for two cruises as well. 

Stay Safe, and prayers for those in need.

- Jack

• Like 33

Good morning and Happy Saturday!  Prayers for all in need and thanks to all who contribute to this site.

I just had to give a shout out for dinner last night. DS had purchased lobster tails from Aldis in February (they were selling for Valentines Day) and put them in the freezer.  Thawed out and three of us ate them last night.  Excellent - as good as any in the main dining room on a ship.  So just a recommendation to try them if an Aldis is close by.  Very inexpensive too.  Just my tip for the day.  😀  Katherine 

• Like 24
  • Thanks 6

Thanks for the Fleet Update and General Info from all contributors!

Todays day! Nothing like having a large Charlie the tuna sandwich with a hostess twinkle while driving to put you to sleep.

Another update from my N. Statendam cruise last week. Good to see HAL has restarted having professional entertainers in the showroom like comedians, magicians and singers. In fact the magicians show was so popular that the showroom was full 15 minutes prior to its start and the cruise director had to keep announcing that there were no seats left and please leave and return for the late show; no seating on stairs or in aisle.

• Like 23
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

Happy Saturday. Thanks for the Daily and Fleet reports. 

Sunny today. I am going to cut the grass for the first time this spring. I am working to beautify the front lawn area. Thinking of nice flowers in pretty pots.  

The meal of the day sounds good. believe it or not, we still have not gotten a new stove. We have been cooking with the crock pot, air fryer and instant pot. Making some good meals. I do miss baking though. Eventually we will get around to it. 

Thinking of all on the care list. 

Celebrating with all who are celebrating. 

Have a safe and healthy day. 

Funny Caturday Meme : 45 caturday memes ranked in order of popularity ...

• Like 27
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Lady Hudson said:

...I just had to give a shout out for dinner last night. DS had purchased lobster tails from Aldis in February (they were selling for Valentines Day) and put them in the freezer.  Thawed out and three of us ate them last night.  Excellent - as good as any in the main dining room on a ship.  So just a recommendation to try them if an Aldis is close by.  Very inexpensive too.  Just my tip for the day.  😀  Katherine 

Thanks for the lobster tip. I have an Aldi nearby and DH likes lobster, so I will check.

• Like 21

Good morning from frosty but sunny SW Michigan.   Thank you for the Daily and @rafinmd I especially enjoyed the maps this morning with the extra detail.    I will pass on the Starkist and the Twinkies but since we drive several long hauls on the interstates each year drowsy driving is something we have to vigilant about, truckers are really obvious, seems like cars it is just texting on the road.   The quote is "meh".  The chicken looks wonderful but I am afraid it would mess up the oven, with convection one can air fry.   No to the drink and no to the wine.  

Thanks for the Cares and Celebrations reports @JazzyV.   Prayers for Tana, Sandi's DB and the others on our care list needing prayers.  Vanessa I hope you are getting some sleep.  Prayers for all on our care list and those in war zones, Ukraine, the lost World Central Kitchen team and the innocents in Gaza.   

I am going to work outside today after it warms up a bit.  It has been so cold that I am grateful that I didn't jump the gun and move all the plants from behind and beside the garages.  Today will be the day that they get moved from the garden to the patio because there are other plants trying to wake underneath them.   Hollytone on all the hollies, evergreens and hydrangeas and a granular fertilizer for all my garden plants because they are ignored all summer.   I am going to work on cleaning the freezer today, taking all the shells from fresh shrimp that I remove and freeze and some King Crab shells that are sitting in there too.  I am going to make a big pot of seafood stock and hopefully I can find some other seafood besides shrimp, cod and mussels to put into it.   Scallops or the little crab legs would work.  I already have the tomato base as I have a lot frozen.   A busy day ahead.  Have a good one,  Nancy 

• Like 27
  • Thanks 1

41 and cloudy in north Jersey. No more earthquakes to report! 

We’ll do another run-through on the NJ paper tax return, yesterday’s draft got us through a few knots and I think we’ll be ready after today. TurboTax should work for federal, NM and Maryland. 

Stayed up late to watch the very exciting Iowa State vs UCONN women’s basketball Final-4 game, congrats to Iowa State heading to the championship game against South Carolina who routed NC State.  All these women are amazingly good!  We enjoy most sports finales and major events.  Soon we’ll pick up the Stanley Cup series. There’s always somebody to cheer for!  

Blessings to all in need!  
Welcome home to our returning cruisers and cheers to all celebrating good times!  
May you each enjoy something today!  Life is Good🌈
Thanks all for being here. 

Maureen 

• Like 29
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JazzyV said:

Today’s Care List:

Passing of Ger_77’s friend Gord on 3/31/2024

RMLincoln’s DSIL back in the hospital, slight improvement

Tana with chronic pulmonary issues, on maximal oxygen

Dfish’s eye infection, improving

JazzyV with R leg pain, numbness

Taiwan 7.4 magnitude earthquake

Baltimore Key Bridge collapse, 6 people presumed dead

Citizens of Ukraine, Israel and Gaza, hostages; Haiti unrest

All Dailyites going through worries and stress, whether mentioned or not

From the Rotation:

Atexsix’s DD now in hospice care

Seasick Sailor’s friend Ron with multiple medical issues

StLouisCruisers’ DB with pulmonary fibrosis

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Welcome home cruising-along!

Welcome home Durangoscots!

Welcome home cruising sister

Welcome home CruiserCl!

NextOne’s DS got a new job!

RMLincoln’s DH Richard’s successful outcome from his January eye surgery!

USN59-79 in Taipei

Kazu stepping up to keep the FR/Daily going while Rich is cruising

The Daily Gardening Club posting wonderful flower pictures

All the contributors to the Fleet Report/Daily

Upcoming Cruises or At Sea:

1 day for Heartgrove’s DW and DSIL (Rotterdam April 7 to April 13) 6d Western Caribbean

1 day for Overhead Fred (Nieuw Statendam Apr 7 to May 5) 28d Bermuda, Brittany & Canary Island Allure

1 day for Vict0riann (Nieuw Statendam Apr 7 to Apr 21) 14d Bermuda, Brittany & The English Channel Expedition

Smmessineo (Rotterdam to Apr 7) 9d S. Caribbean Wayfarer, POA1 & Huskerchick (Rotterdam to Apr 7) 9d S. Caribbean Wayfarer, Ocean sounds (Zaandam to Apr 13) 14d Solar Eclipse & Mexican Riviera, SusieKIslandGirl (Discovery Princess to Apr 13) 10d Mexican Riviera with Total Solar Eclipse, Lobsternight (Koningsdam to April 27) 22d Solar Eclipse & Circle Hawaii, Richwmn (Volendam to May 4, Apr 6 15d PC Cruise + Apr 21 The Atlantic Coast), Sailingdutchy (Nieuw Statendam to April 7) B2B 7d E. Caribbean + (Nieuw Statendam Apr 7 to May 5) 28d Bermuda, Brittany & Canary Island Allure, Cat in my lap (Zuiderdam to May 11, 128d Grand World Voyage), Gail & Marty sailing away (Zuiderdam to May 11, 128d Grand World Voyage) and Aliaschief (Azamara Onward WC to June 9, 156d World Voyage)

Thank you Vanessa @JazzyV for your amazing work with the lists.

I hope your R leg pain can be sorted so you can enjoy life pain free.

Graham x

• Like 23

Not working today - Yay! I have an appointment at Massage Envy and have added a stop by Aldi (thanks @Lady Hudsonfor the lobster tip) - that's my schedule. Oh, there's also a 10-15 min talk w/a survey taker; I think it's similar to Nielsen. $20 for the 1st survey and $135 if you finish all of them. We'll see how it goes. 

My post from yesterday still has not shown up 🤷‍♀️

Bummed to learn our forecast for Mon is clouds and rain - I hope it holds off and clears up for the eclipse.🌕🌔🌓🌒🌑😎

Currently 63° headed to windy 81°.

Prayers 🙏 and positive thoughts for all. 

20240406_064050.thumb.jpg.dd6d80f723252c29a57acd56c1fae264.jpg

Monday's forecast:

20240406_064217.thumb.jpg.89e842c2af15eb666a4779c7684b9494.jpg

• Like 23

31 minutes ago, RedneckBob said:

Thanks for the Fleet Update and General Info from all contributors!

Todays day! Nothing like having a large Charlie the tuna sandwich with a hostess twinkle while driving to put you to sleep.

Another update from my N. Statendam cruise last week. Good to see HAL has restarted having professional entertainers in the showroom like comedians, magicians and singers. In fact the magicians show was so popular that the showroom was full 15 minutes prior to its start and the cruise director had to keep announcing that there were no seats left and please leave and return for the late show; no seating on stairs or in aisle.

Happy to hear that HAL is rectifying the entertainment problems they have had for awhile, I guess the food has improved also so maybe we will book another cruise with them down the road, we have a Princess cruise coming up in May and 2 Celebrity cruises in August and December.

• Like 22

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, kazu said:

Today is Charlie the Tuna Day, Drowsy Driver Awareness Day, and Hostess Twinkie Day

What I am looking for is a blessing not in disguise. - Jerome K. Jerome

Meal Suggestion for today - Air Fryer Rotisserie Chicken
Drink of the Day - Dubliner
Wine of the Day - Apothic Dark 
Destination of the Day - Niigata, Japan 

Today in History:
1889 George Eastman begins selling his Kodak flexible rolled film for the first time

Ship Locations

Eurodam

Koningsdam

At Sea Destination Cabo San Lucas, Baja California Mexico eta 04-07

Nieuw Amsterdam

Nieuw Statendam

Half Moon Cay, Bahamas 08:00 - 14:00 

Oosterdam

At Sea Destination Ponta Delgada, Sao Miguel Island Azores Portugal eta 04-12

Rotterdam

Half Moon Cay, Bahamas 08:00 - 15:00 

Volendam

San Diego, California 7:00-15:00 

Zaandam

Puerto Vallarta, Mexico 12:00 - 24:00

Eastern Hemisphere

Noordam

At Sea Destination Noumea, Grande Terre Island New Caledonia eta 04-09

Westerdam

Toyama City, Japan Toyama 08:00 - 17:00 

Zuiderdam

At Sea Destination Zanzibar, Tanzia eta 4/8

Thank you so much Jacqui @kazu for keeping the FR&D going every day.

It is one of the main reasons I stay on CC.

I wish HAL would sail from Southampton as Dover is inconvenient for us then I would be a fully paid up Mariner.

Kindest regards.

Graham x

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 27

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, MISTER 67 said:

Happy to hear that HAL is rectifying the entertainment problems they have had for awhile, I guess the food has improved also so maybe we will book another cruise with them down the road, we have a Princess cruise coming up in May and 2 Celebrity cruises in August and December.

We sailed quite a bit on Princess until they left Galveston. Since they've returned, we're priced out. They had just rolled out the medallions (great concept, but a bit wonky) so that tells you how long it's been. Have read recently that they're really having more children onboard and not always positive experience. I hope you have a great cruise - interested in hearing your feedback.

Edited by Haljo1935
Additional comment
  • Like 22

Good Saturday Morning Dailyites! Computer says...News to you,  Umm,,,I hope it changes soon.

I thought Twinkies lasted forever.  And when they stopped making them, that if i had actually bought them, I could have one a year until I hit 80,  And then they brought them back? 

I want tuna that tastes good, not one that has good taste.  No Charlie for me, I'm a bumblebee girl, and then they sold out to another company.  Are there any constants in life?  Besides change?  oh, computer says 40 and sunny!  The sunny I knew, but no the temp.  Must wear slippers when I go out to feed the strays.

6210a236b36e905ae96f28656bc4da4b.jpg

I made everything in the fridge spaghetti  last night.  Left over italian sweet sausage, ground beef, onion, celery and red peppers, canned tomatoes went into the sauce, and we had it over angel hair pasta. A dash of oregano, and a small bit of sugar, and I have to say that it was extremely tasty.  With enough left overs to feed us lunch for two days.  I like it more on day two, than on day one. And for once I had more sauce to sgetti ratio.

I checked with my friends who live in Conyers GA where the tornado hit.  He said they were both asleep, and the alarms went off on their phones.  They went down to the basement and went back to sleep.  He said they lost power for a couple of hours, but they were not hit by the tornado.  I dont think he has left his neighborhood, as he works from home, because if he had he would have seen the destruction, not two miles from his house. Which I have seen on the news.

Well, since I started typing, I put on the slippers and went and fed the outdoor breakfast cats, Uggles, Collard Greens and Chumley. The brunch cats, Munchkin, Butter and Clown will show up later.  And OneSpot will sneak in, and get what he can get.  I am so glad we adopted Tigger from the fighting feeding frenzy crowd . 

48e10173dc90cfc713ef382573175a4a.jpg

• Like 28