The Fleet Report and Daily for Tuesday May 7th, 2024

Today is Cosmopolitan Day, Cystinosis Awareness Day, and International Sauvignon Blanc Day

You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one. I hope someday you'll join us. And the world will live as one.--John Lennon

Meal Suggestion for today - 15-Minute Sheet-Pan Chicken Tenders & Broccoli with Everything Bagel Seasoning
Drink of the Day - Alabama Slammer
Wine of the Day - Croix De Labrie 2020 (750ML)
Destination of the Day - Kushiro, Japan

Today in History:
1952 The concept of the integrated circuit, the basis for all modern computers, is first published by Geoffrey Dummer

Ship Locations

Eurodam

Glacier Bay, Alaska, Icy Strait Point, Hoonah, Alaska 07:00 - 16:00 ,18:00 - 22:00 

Koningsdam

Skagway, Alaska 07:00 - 20:00 

Nieuw Amsterdam

At Sea Destination Kodiak Island, Alaska eta 05-08

Nieuw Statendam

Stavanger, Norway 07:00 - 15:00 

Noordam

Juneau, Alaska 13:00 - 22:00 

Oosterdam

Piraeus-Athens, Greece 7:00-16:00 

Rotterdam

Molde, Norway 10:00 - 20:00 

Volendam

Prince Edward Island, Charlottetown, Canada 09:00 - 18:00 

Westerdam

At Sea Destination Icy Strait Point, Hoonah, Alaska eta 05-08

Zaandam

At Sea Destination Vancouver, BC Canada eta 05-08

Zuiderdam

At Sea Destination San Juan, Puerto Rico eta 5/

• Like 15
  • Thanks 31
  • Haha 1

Good morning! We are enjoying a beautiful day at sea cruising along at 17.2 knots on a comfortable Indian Ocean. Captain’s noon hour report told us we have sailed 28,800 nautical miles since leaving Fort Lauderdale.

Enjoyed our dinner with Hotel Director last night and received an invitation to join the  Captain tomorrow night for dinner.

Last night’s entertainer was great. He was a finalist in America’s Got Talent.

Attended a lecture this morning on getting the most of using our smart phones.

The best part of our World Voyage is meeting and enjoying our family at sea. One cannot walk the length of ship without a friendly hello “Sir Bruce” from the crew. 
Thanks for the reports and post. Bruce

• Like 38
  • Thanks 2

Today’s Care List:

Dfish having appointment with Pain and Spine clinic today

RMLincoln’s DH Richard’s post eye surgery issues

Cruising-along’s BFF’s DIL Amber with stroke, out of ICU but with issues

JazzyV’s BFF with a fall and sustaining a tib-fib fracture

Victims of flooding and storms across the country

Citizens of Ukraine, Israel and Gaza, hostages still held

All Dailyites going through worries and stress, whether mentioned or not

From the Rotation:

Tana with chronic pulmonary issues

StLouisCruisers’ DB with pulmonary fibrosis

Lazey1 with mitral stenosis, getting evaluated for valvuloplasty

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

RMLincoln’s DH with eye improvement on latest evaluation

Ger_77’s DH Maurice with a date for TAVR surgery

JazzyV with pain relief after surgery, sleeping well

Kazu stepping up to keep the FR/Daily going while Rich is away

The Daily Gardening Club posting wonderful flower pictures

All the contributors to the Fleet Report/Daily

Upcoming Cruises or At Sea:

4 days for MISTER 67 (Enchanted Princess May 11 to May 18) 7 Night Eastern Caribbean with St. Thomas

4 days for StLouisCruisers (Zuiderdam May 11 to June 😎 28d Azores, Normandy & Baltic Jewels Harboursiders + Zuiderdam (June 8 to July 20) 42d Ultimate Viking Explorer & Passage

4 days for Niagarawine (Koningsdam May 11 to May 18) 7d Alaska Inside Passage

Cat in my lap (Zuiderdam to May 11, 128d Grand World Voyage), Gail & Marty sailing away (Zuiderdam to May 11, 128d Grand World Voyage), AncientWanderer (Westerdam Apr 27 to May 12) N. Pacific Crossing, for Heartgrove (MSC Seashore to May 12) 7d Caribbean & Bahamas, YourWorldWithBill (Nieuw Statendam to May 18) 13d Jewels of the Baltic, and Aliaschief (Azamara Onward WC to June 9, 156d World Voyage)

• Like 17
  • Thanks 30

Good morning.  Thanks for the Report.

A cool clear morning, I see frost on our neighbours' roofs.  But, it's supposed to warm up to 23°C (73°F) this afternoon, I plan on working in the garden this afternoon, I guess hubby can make dinner.

Three good days to celebrate.

Great quote.

The meal sounds good, not sure about the drink or wine.

Prayers for everyone on the Care List.  Cheers for all the celebrations.

Have a wonderful day.

• Like 31
  • Thanks 2

Alabama Slammer cocktail:

An Alabama slammer is a cocktail made with amaretto, Southern Comfort, sloe gin, and orange juice. It is served in a Collins glass. It is also sometimes known as a southern slammer.

Ingredients:
3/4 oz Amaretto,
3/4 oz Sloe Gin,
3/4 oz Southern Comfort,
Orange juice
Preparation:
Pour Amaretto, sloe gin, and Southern Comfort into glass of ice. Fill with orange juice and stir.
Served: On the rocks; poured over ice.
Drinkware: Collins glass

Screenshot 2024-05-07 at 6.09.43 AM.png

• Like 16
  • Thanks 27

Posted (edited)

Greetings from beautiful Port Charlotte.

A warm 76 this morning with a high of 89 with more sunny skies coming up.

Good selection of days.

Good quote by John Lennon, I was lucky enough to see Lennon and the rest of the Beatles back on Sept. 5 1964 in Chicago on their first American tour.

I’m in on the meal.

Had my annual checkup yesterday and everything including blood pressure and blood labs were excellent.

Have a great day and stay well.

Edited by MISTER 67
  • Like 38

Good morning Dailyites and thank you for the Daily Report.

It is warm this morning at 69 degrees (97% humidity) with a predicted high of 91 and a 70% of thunderstorms.

I hope everyone has great day! 

2007CPcruise 153.jpg

• Like 35
  • Thanks 4

Good morning.

Thank you for today's daily reports.

It is 48°F and cloudy here.

Sauvignon blanc is my preferred white wine.

John Lennon was one of the best singer/songwriters ever.

Prayers 🙏 for healing to all unwell dailyites.

I hope everyone has a great day.

Screenshot_20240507_112359.jpg

Screenshot_20240507_112524.jpg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 26

Good morning friends!  It is 65F this morning with a high expected of 86 and partly cloudy skies.  Watching the news/weather while exercising I saw that St. Louis is under a tornado warning this morning so I hope that nothing comes of it and my family there is safe. 😬

Thanks Jacqui @kazu and Roy @rafinmd for posting the Fleet Report and Daily as well as the fleet location maps for Rich @richwmn.  We appreciate it!  Let's recognize cosmopolitans 🍹, Cystinosis Awareness Day, and Sauvignon Blanc.  It seems that cystinosis is a rare genetic condition and we could use some awareness of its severity.  It is also National Teacher's Day so let's support them!   Love the quote from Lennon's song "Imagine".  Yes to the meal, and no to the drink and wine.  Surprising how early integrated circuits were in our sphere.  DS's research involved low-power integrated circuits so new things are always being discovered.  Thank you Debbie @dfish, Dixie @summer slope, and Ann @cat shepard for your reports today.

Prayers for DB and great nephew Alex's twin boys, the people of Israel and Ukraine, the hostages still held and hopefully still alive, and our military men and women in the region.  Also for those here with health concerns and any of our family members or friends with them.  Prayers for Vanessa's @JazzyV BFF as he begins the task of healing from that nasty bone break.  Prayers also for Richard, Tana and Terry @smitty34877, Amber, Jane @lazey1, Jacqui @kazu and Debbie @dfish.🙏  We send our thoughts and prayers to you all.

Three cheers for those cruising and everyone celebrating happy events today. 🥂🎉🚢  This includes anyone with improved health situations.  Thanks go to you Vanessa @JazzyV for your fine work keeping the lists up to date!

The port of the day is Kushiro, Japan which has been the destination twice before - Nov. 18, 2022 and Jan. 30, 2023.  I have not been before so no photos today.  Please check the links if you've posted before and add them here for us to review again.  My memory is not perfect so I may have forgotten.  Thanks in advance!

Well, that's an interesting photo/meme/gif showing up on the January 2023 link!  It's nice for a change of pace.  Well, time to get busy gathering our clothes and checking our lists as we pack today.  Tomorrow morning I have a hair appointment so that will take a couple hours, and of course I see we may have thunderstorms then so that's always fun to drive in.  NOT!  Hope you all have a great day.  Stay safe and keep well!

• Like 29
  • Thanks 8

Good morning and thanks to Rich, Roy, Vanessa, Ann, Debbie & Dixie.

Sleep eluded me last night with the pain so the Fleet Report got posted early this morning.  If you can’t sleep you might as well get up and hope you can nap later 😉 

Well, I’m on enough antibiotics for a horse and hoping and praying that they work.  I confess to being worried and scared.  An X-Ray is scheduled for Thursday (you know it’s urgent when they get you in right away) to see if there’s anything else but mostly to rule out osteomyelitis (bone infection), referral for cat-scan, vascular surgeon & other stuff depending on how the foot responds to the antibiotics and X-Ray results.

I probably won’t post a lot here other than starting until I have something good to say.  No point in whining about pain and sleeplessness from it.

Prayers for all who need them.

• Like 28
  • Thanks 23

2 minutes ago, kazu said:

Good morning and thanks to Rich, Roy, Vanessa, Ann, Debbie & Dixie.

Sleep eluded me last night with the pain so the Fleet Report got posted early this morning.  If you can’t sleep you might as well get up and hope you can nap later 😉 

Well, I’m on enough antibiotics to for a horse and hoping and praying that they work.  I confess to being worried and scared.  An X-Ray is scheduled for Thursday (you know it’s urgent when they get you in right away) to see if there’s anything else but mostly to rule out osteomyelitis (bone infection), referral for cat-scan, vascular surgeon & other stuff depending on how the foot responds to the antibiotics and X-Ray results.

I probably won’t post a lot here other than starting until I have something good to say.  No point in whining about pain and sleeplessness from it.

Prayers for all who need them.

Thank you for posting today's daily reports especially when you are in pain.

I'm sorry to hear you are worried about your foot pain  and hopefully a solution will be found to solve the problem.

I have foot pain with arthritis.

My cholesterol is low but I was reading an article yesterday that said high cholesterol can cause a plague build up causing vascular disease in your feet.

Best wishes.

Graham.

• Like 22
  • Thanks 2

Thank you Rich, Jacqui, Vanessa, Debbie, Ann, and Dixie. May we find better treatments for Cystinosis.  I’ll pass on the other 2 days.

I love the Lennon quote.

I visited Kushiro on the 2017 Amsterdam Grand Asia cruise,

This is a great day in electronics history.

I’ll pass on the meal.  I have never been on a BHB between May 6 and May 13.  Today’s alternative menu selection is Melon Trio and Chicken Cordon Bleu which would have been my choices on MS Amsterdam April 16, 2014 if I had not dined in the Pinnacle Grill.

Should be a quiet day in Central Maryland.

Roy

• Like 37

Happy Tuesday. Thanks for the daily and Fleet reports. 

Mostly sunny today with a high of 78. Foggy though this morning. Working on a variety of things today. No meetings or clients which means I can get a lot done. One of the things I like about working from home is that there are days where no one bothers me, and I can get so much done on my time schedule. I also get to take frequent coffee breaks and play with the pet breaks. 

Thinking of all on the care list. 

Celebrating with all who are celebrating. 

Have a safe and healthy day. 

101 Funny Tuesday Memes When You're Happy You Survived a Workday

• Like 33
  • Thanks 1

Good collection of days today. Although I quite enjoy amaretto, I'll pass on the drink (Southern Comfort), yes to the meal & wine, not been to the port. Big day in computer history and all that followed. 

@StLouisCruisers prayers your family stays safe from the tornadoes. 

@kazu hope the antibiotics do their job quickly.

Today is the 2nd eye procedure & neurologist appt. I wanted to cancel the neurologist since I've not taken any of what was prescribed (insurance denied) but decided to keep it to discuss alternatives. 

Currently 73° headed to 88°. Rain has been removed from forecast until Thursday, so the yard may at least dry a little. 

Prayers 🙏 and positive thoughts for all. 

20240507_054600.thumb.jpg.4e38a321793bf7fb5995019d7a5146cd.jpg

• Like 32
  • Thanks 4

Today's sunrise is from my 2017  Crystal Symphony Panama Canal cruise from San Diego to New York.  On May 7 we visited San Juan del Sur.

dawn0507.jpg

Roy

• Like 32
  • Thanks 5

Posted (edited)

Thank you for today’s FR & D, Jacqui! Sorry to read about your foot. Hope the antibiotics do the trick. And rather than thinking you are coming here and whining about your pain - think about it as sharing with a community of folk who care about you. 

Roy, thank you for our maps. 

Another glorious day in the neighborhood. These early mornings are so special. The birds are singing, the critters are wandering around enjoying breakfast and the sun is just rising. Still no rain. But the projected heat wave at the end of this week may change that.  

Vanessa, good grief your poor BFF. Praying that it heals quickly. Is it his driving foot? Thank you for keeping up with all of us!

Gym, Bindi walks, more weed clean out, chores and a dip in the pool. Should keep me busy. 

IMG_2843.jpeg.d3136833954b5347e6806eca4234156c.jpeg

IMG_2792.jpeg.e5b2e20bf3d0f3b2904b7bbf1a10636f.jpeg

IMG_2820.jpeg.27336a595f63defe9c53214287227706.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. Those suffering from pain, debilitating conditions, the loss of a loved one, trauma. The caregivers. 

Terry, thinking of you & Tana. 
Praying for Amber & her family. 
Maureen praying that Richard’s eye continues to improve. 
Annie, keeping you & Chuck in my prayers. 

Cheers to all who are celebrating!

May we each find a reason to smile today!

Croix De Labrie 2020 (750ML)

Another lovely, pricey Bordeaux red. I would love a sip, though I usually prefer a lovely GSM blend. A decent number of distributors with online prices starting at $94.94.

Distributor notes

• 98James Suckling

This is a glorious 2020 with such pure fruit of currants and blackberries, as well as dark chocolate. It’s full and layered and opens in the glass to a lovely layer of fine, velvety tannins that are bright and citrusy. Crunchy. It really opens and shows so many layers. Spectacular.

• 97Jeb Dunnuck

The Grand Vin 2020 Chateau Croix De Labrie is brilliant and the finest wine I've tasted from this estate. Dense purple-hued, with a liqueur of limestone-like minerality intermixed with ripe black cherries, boysenberry, spring flowers, and graphite, it's full-bodied, has a wealth of fruit and texture, sweet tannins, and remarkable purity. Its oak is perfectly integrated, and it brings richness as well as an incredible sense of precision and purity. This brilliant Saint-Emilion will be drinkable in just 3-4 years and will evolve for two decades. Tasted twice with consistent notes. Best After 2026. Rating: 97+

• 95Robert Parker's Wine Advocate

Deep purple-black in color, the 2020 Croix de Labrie wafts out of the glass with flamboyant notions of sandalwood, red roses, ground cloves and cedar chest, giving way to a core of stewed black plums, Morello cherries and boysenberries, plus a waft of bouquet garni. The medium to full-bodied palate has a rock-solid backbone of firm, ripe, rounded tannins and plenty of freshness, nicely framing the muscular black fruits, finishing long and spicy.

Axelle and Pierre Courdurié's 50-year-old, 3.79-hectare vineyard consists of a mix of clay and limestone soils, a portion of which are in Saint-Christophe-des-Bardes and another portion of which are located at the foot of the Pavie slope in Saint-Émilion. Barrel Sample: 93-95

• 93Decanter
    Glass-staining purple, plenty of violet reflections. It starts off with confidence, with sappy fruits and a whisk of mocha gourmet edging, and keeps up the pace through the palate. Nicely held together with tension, concentrated flavours and a swagger of grilled oak. Axelle and Pierre Courdurié. A yield of 25hl/ha, 100% new oak.
    Barrel Sample: 93
Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 20
  • Thanks 17
  • Haha 5

Good morning everyone from sunny, mild Boston.  Our temps got up to 80F yesterday so I’m sure the plant life is going bonkers today, the pollen has already made an appearance on our windows.  Thanks for the daily report, recipes and lists.  Probably won’t be recognizing cosmos or Sauvignon Blanc but I learned something new with cystinosis awareness.  I like the lyrics to Imagine.  I remember listening to the song as I fell asleep during my Sophomore year at college the night before John Lennon was shot. The song has stuck with me in a melancholy way ever since.  The meal and drink suggestions sound quite tasty especially with the everything bagel seasoning.  I have not been to today’s port.  Prayers for those folks on our prayer list, I hope the meds work on @kazu’s foot to help ease her discomfort and worry.  Cheers to those who are celebrating happy events today!

• Like 32
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, summer slope said:

Alabama Slammer cocktail:

An Alabama slammer is a cocktail made with amaretto, Southern Comfort, sloe gin, and orange juice. It is served in a Collins glass. It is also sometimes known as a southern slammer.

Ingredients:
3/4 oz Amaretto,
3/4 oz Sloe Gin,
3/4 oz Southern Comfort,
Orange juice
Preparation:
Pour Amaretto, sloe gin, and Southern Comfort into glass of ice. Fill with orange juice and stir.
Served: On the rocks; poured over ice.
Drinkware: Collins glass

Screenshot 2024-05-07 at 6.09.43 AM.png

Growing up in Alabama my two favorite drinks were the Alabama Slammer and a YooHoo; best served with a moonpie! 

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

Good morning. It will be 80 later today and the sun is out. 
We are managing here with lots of improvisation. Both DD and DSIL work primarily from home and they have been wonderful to come down and help with the more physical tasks.The hospice nurse advised us to have the AC on to filter the massive amounts of pollen trying to get inside! It has not been hot yet so I hadn’t thought of it.

@kazu, Jacqui, I am sorry to read of your foot problems and hope the antibiotics can help quickly. It is awful when the pain causes one to lose sleep.

@JazzyV, Vanessa, I am also sorry to read that BFF has a tib-fib fx. The day was certainly a long one for you both. So glad he is using the walker as crutches are hard to manage unless one is younger. Hugs to you both.

@Haljo1935

Elizabeth, I hope all goes well with the eye procedure and the neurologist appointment. Have you found your shoulder to be less problematic since you are not at a computer all day?

Take care everyone and enjoy the day if you can.

• Like 30
  • Thanks 2

Good Tuesday morning to all of you.

Thank you Jacqui @kazu for the FR and D despite having pain in your foot.  Thank you to Roy @rafinmd for the maps and thank you to Vanessa @JazzyV for the Lists.  I hope your BFF’s fib-tib heals quickly.

Thank you to Graham @grapau27 for your explanation of the days.

Thank you to Debbie @dfish Ann @cat shepard and Dixie @summer slope for keeping us fed and hydrated.  

@Haljo1935 Good luck with the eye procedure.

i like the quote by John Lennon from his song Imagine.

I will pass on the meal.  Not really a fan of broccoli.

Guess I will pass on the drink and wine as well.  The wine is a bit above my budget.

Have not been to the destination.

During the last few days DH and I have had some serious discussions about our future travel plans.  He tells me that he is still interested in traveling but wants to limit it to cruises so that he does not have to move around too much and and choose whether he wants to disembark in a port in a port or not.  He says he has to have something to look forward to or else he will give up.  

With that in mind we have decided to cancel the very long cruise we had planned from Oct 26 through Dec. 7.  It was a transatlantic beginning in Rome, ending in Miami and then tacking on a Caribbean cruise (because we didn’t want to travel the day before Thanksgiving). That amounted to 42 days without adding in the travel days.  We both agreed that we were setting ourselves up for another disappointment at the last minute as this would end up cause anxiety to DH as the time got nearer to the departure date and result in cancellation.

With that in mind we cancelled that trip and booked a shorter cruise that starts and ends in Miami. It is 24 days.  Does a number of Caribbean Islands and then does the Amazon.  We can drive to Miami at our leisure, stay a few days prior to the cruise and have a relaxing time.  Both DH and I feel good about this and are quite sure this is doable and it gives him something to look forward to.  Please say a prayer it works.  

Hoping all have a good day.

God Bless,

Terri

• Like 44
  • Thanks 4

Good morning, everyone!

It got kind of chilly overnight.  We turned the furnace off last week, but you can feel the chill in the air this morning.  It isn't that cold in the house that I would turn the heat back on.  As the day progresses we should have some good solar heating.  We've learned to use the windows in the house to do that.  We open shades on some at certain times and close them at others.  In the heat of the summer we'll close them to prevent excess heating of the house.  

I do have my appointment at the Pain and Spine clinic this afternoon.  I'm pretty sure that they will go ahead and order the nerve ablation.  Then we can work on my neck.  

@kazu I hope the antibiotics work quickly.  What on earth did they do at that pedicure to cause all this?

@JazzyV I am so sorry to hear that BFF did sustain a fracture.  I hope he heals quickly and with a minimum of intervention and discomfort.

@Cruzin Terri It sounds like you and DH made a very wise decision about future travel plans.  What you have planned sounds great!

@smitty34877 I'm happy you are getting the help you need.  Even though the temps don't require AC, the pollen is a problem.  That was a great suggestion.  

@marshhawk Keep on keeping on.  Wishing you a great day. 

Everything bagel seasoning is a mixture of poppy seeds, sesame seeds, minced onion and garlic, and salt.  Besides going well on a bagel, it is a great seasoning with other foods. You can buy it in a lot of grocery stores or make it at home.   https://www.twopeasandtheirpod.com/everything-bagel-seasoning/

Everything-Bagel-Seasoning-1.thumb.jpg.6fb83cb322c47d4fe48262afed01fd9d.jpg

The first recipe is easy and healthy unless you have to avoid salt.  For those who need to do that, make your own seasoning and leave out the salt part. This is a good low carb meal for those watching carbs.   https://www.eatingwell.com/recipe/7884193/chicken-tenders-broccoli-with-everything-bagel-seasoning/

chickenandbroccoli1.jpeg.6ca8f1301b1ec42f05f7330258413caf.jpeg

This next one includes potatoes in the dish.  They would be a great addition, but I'd stick to the veggies.  You can also use other vegetables besides broccoli.  Brussels sprouts would be good.  Even green beans!   https://whatmollymade.com/sheet-pan-everything-bagel-chicken/

chickenandbroccoli2.thumb.jpg.c3395e89bb0e5d1a5fdbf5da6f7023b3.jpg

This one is coated in panko before adding the seasoning.  It is served with french fries as well and has a dipping sauce.   https://mealplans.cooksmarts.com/recipes/2079-everything-bagel-chicken-tenders

chickenandbroccoli3.jpg.7126ee7fcec617d239e972874d1ee69d.jpg

Wishing you all a wonderful day!

• Like 18
  • Thanks 19

As a former teacher, I appreciate the work of teachers every day.IMG_0460.jpeg.66baec90c19b0d4faa286335c8cd64c8.jpeg

IMG_0462.jpeg.706ce269708221074aafafa923182342.jpeg

Healing thoughts to all who are in pain, be it physical or emotional.  Cheers to those celebrating and cruising.

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 10