Can I make a 10:10 flight out of FLL

nbsjcruiser

There will be lots of ships in port on a Saturday in March and FLL - especially the security lines - can be a nightmare. When is the ship's arrival in port? You will not be allowed to disembark immediately but if there are no unforeseen issues (late arrival in port, understaffed CBP, etc.) you should be fine with a 6 am or 7 am arrival time. Since you are doing self-disembarkation try to be in the first group. As neverbeenhere mentioned you will need a Plan B in case one of the unforeseen issues arises. Know when the next flight is, if there are additional costs, and the likelihood of getting seats. Flights fly full from FLL especially on weekends in season.

We made a 945 flight... was a bit stressful. You have to be first off ship and try to have your transportation to airport arranged ahead of time so you don’t get stuck in a long cab line. Would help to have the app on your phone to clear customs faster as well. As others have said, have a back up plan. Ours was that we had a later flight booked on SW as well but canceled it when we got to the gate. While you don’t get your $$$ refunded, at least you have a future flight credit which we used fairly quickly.

Scheduled arrival time is 7 AM.

Coral Princess is also in port that day, also scheduled for 7 AM.

If one ship is assigned to Terminal 2 and the other to Terminal 4 they will have to stagger the docking times.

Maybe one ship will be early and end up alongside some time before 7:00. If not, one ship will have to wait for the other.

Last November I was on Royal Princess returning to Terminal 2 the same day Caribbean returned to Terminal 4.

On Royal I had eaten breakfast, claimed my luggage, went thru passport inspection, and was waiting outside for my pick up when Caribbean was finally cleared to start disembarkation. At 8:40 AM.

So scout those back up flights on Southwest ahead of time.

We're on the Caribbean Princess and will be getting off the ship Saturday March 2. If we do self dis-embarkation, is a 10:10 on Southwest do-able?

> what if your ship is late getting into port?

> what if the security line is held up?

> what if there's a problem with customs?

> what if there's a traffic jam?

If everything is perfect and nothing bad happens, you may make your flight.

for your next cruise, plan on staying in port at a hotel and leave for home the next day.

As other's have stated, it's possible, if all the stars are aligned. :)

If everything goes as planned, sure, but the risk and the potential stress would keep me from doing it. When we cruise from Florida we usually have to take a 6:30 PM flight home to the West Coast because the earlier flights are just too risky. We let Princess do our check in, they take our bags- it costs extra, but we enjoy the day in Ft Lauderdale.

Most of the time, you'd make it easily...but there are a lot of things that can cause delays. Is it worth the stress of the "what if" issues? Your ship can be delayed arriving at port for a large range of reasons. Then Customs can delay the clearance of the ship (we've been delayed as late as 9:30 am). Traffic? Probably not a problem. Check in and security lines at the airport can be very long.

We actually had a 12:30 flight after one cruise and got to the airport before 9. I asked, and we were moved to a 9:30 flight at no additional cost. But I would never have counted on making the early flight.