First thing you do after boarding the ship?

gatorphin

My family normally takes a walk on the outside upper decks to get a feel of the ship. After thirty minutes or so we head to the buffet for lunch and after 1:30PM when the cabins are usually ready for occupancy we head there to drop off our carryons. Then we head back outside for a drink and wait for the muster drill to start. We then find a place to watch the ship leave on one of the outside decks. Great way to get our cruise vacation started.

• Like 2

If we have FTTF, we go to the room and the wife likes to unpack and get our room ready.  After that, it's grab something to eat, explore the ship, grab a drink, then usually back to the room to wait on the muster drill.  I like to sit out on the balcony enjoying a drink, watching the harbor views while we wait.

previously, we would hang in the atrium bar area enjoying a drink or two until the room was ready. 

now, my wife is Platinum and I imagine we'll go straight to the room.   She greatly prefers to unpack completely when at a hotel or on a cruise.  I can live out of a suitcase for days and days, but that would cause her great discomfort.  ha!

I have learned to chill on the balcony while she unpacks.  I must admit I go internet crazy on my cel making the most of my last moements of internet access before departure. 

• Like 1

eat, then go to the cabin, then explore. our cheers package doesn't start till the second day, so we'll use the obo for a drink in the afternoon or dinner.

The lido buffet usually won't be as crowded if you get there before 1, so we'll hit that, or the deli for a reuben, or the BBQ place if they have it. or who am I kidding, probably all 3.

Edited by CruisingViper
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

We checked in around 11:30 last time, I think. It was way too early and we don't have FTTF so we had to scrounge with 2000 others to find a seat in the dining area (with a party of 6, mind you). Got some food and waited for the rooms to be ready.

This time, we check in around 1 and will hopefully be able to go to the rooms and unload a few things, get acquainted with our surroundings, catch a look out the window to see if we're looking at the port or the USS Alabama.

Then, exploring the buffet and getting a lay of the land. Muster drill and then probably more exploring. I know one thing... I don't want to be hauling a whole lotta carry on crap around for 2 hours this time.

1 hour ago, gatorphin said:

What's the first thing you do after boarding the ship?  Eat? Explore? Try to go to your room? Drink?

Go to the cabin and unpack since I'm Diamond.  Then off to lunch, preferably the BBQ, if not the blue iguana.

If we have FTTF, we take our carry-ons directly to our cabin and unpack.  Then we head to Guy's for a burger.  If we don't have FTTF, we head directly to Guy's.  We like to grab lunch before there are long lines.  Then we explore the ship until Muster.  After Muster, we get something to drink and find a nice place to relax and watch the sail away party.

I go directly to my Suite.  Clean it.  Unpack carry-on luggage.  If my checked luggage is delivered while I'm still in the Suite doing this, I'll unpack at least some of that, too.   Then, it's off to the nearest bar for a FunShip Special, then on to lunch.  That all gets done before the majority of passengers are onboard.

Since we are Platinum, we go to the cabin to drop off carry-on luggage & put money in the safe.  Then up to Lido for lunch.  After lunch, go back to cabin to unpack carry-on luggage & when our luggage arrives (hopefully, early) we unpack everything before time for muster drill.

• Like 1