Deployment 2021-22 booking season begins

12 hours ago, Saab4444 said:

She entered service in 2004 and has to go into drydock every five years during the first twenty years. She replaces Serenade in the Baltic in 2020 but comes in from Dubai via Med. 

The previous poster was correct that she did go in for a $30 million drydock in March/April of 2016.

Something has obviously altered her schedule because if she went every 5 years then she would have been in or going in this year as it’s 15 years after she was launched. 

45 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

The previous poster was correct that she did go in for a $30 million drydock in March/April of 2016.

Something has obviously altered her schedule because if she went every 5 years then she would have been in or going in this year as it’s 15 years after she was launched. 

This might be the case but the dry dock schedule remarks are not really relevant for her destinations in Summer 2021.

15 hours ago, dswallow said:

RCCL announces their deployment release schedule in advance, letting you know the week various itineraries are released. The actual day the itineraries are released they'll also include the date they are available for booking and Crown & Anchor members have exclusive access to book beginning one day prior to that; the announced day is the day they open to everyone.

Keep in mind that basically anyone who has ever been on at least 1 Royal Caribbean cruise (or has a matchable status on Celebrity or Azamara) is a Crown & Anchor member. I forget now what they say... 11 million members, or is it 14 million? Still it doesn't really narrow it down much. 🙂

What Royal says and what Royal does are two different things.  They always promise C&A members a 1-day advance booking opportunity, prior to release to the general public, but I have yet to see it happen. 🤷‍♀️

• Like 3

I would love it if either Grandeur or Enchantment came to Europe to replace Rhapsody from Venice. Someone mentioned that Marcella Discovery 3 might happen in 2021 and as these 2 are now the oldest sisters in the Vision Class it will be either one of them that will be going and I like to get the chance to sail on them before they go. 

1 hour ago, Blue Eyed Belfast Belle said:

I would love it if either Grandeur or Enchantment came to Europe to replace Rhapsody from Venice. Someone mentioned that Marcella Discovery 3 might happen in 2021 and as these 2 are now the oldest sisters in the Vision Class it will be either one of them that will be going and I like to get the chance to sail on them before they go. 

In my opinion a bigger ship is needed for Venice as most Rhapsody's cruises are sold out much earlier than the departure. Marella Discovery 3 I think it gonna be the Grandeur. As for now Rhapsody is still scheduled to do the same cruises from Venice in 2021.

2 hours ago, Blue Eyed Belfast Belle said:

Enchantment is the only ship that is yet to do a Europe season (bar Majesty), so hopefully it happens. After all, given what @SummmerInKefalonia has said about Rhapsody's cruises being sold out early, the slight increase in capacity on Enchantment might be what is needed.

I think that RH will likely leave the fleet and EN would replace her in Venice. It makes the most logical sense. since unless they have plans for another ship to come to Baltimore, I reckon that GR will neither leave the fleet nor be redeployed.

Edited by CruisingJoe09

23 minutes ago, springaussie said:

If Odyssey is running late is the reason why Royal hasn’t release the cruises for sale in the Caribbean Winter 2020 surely home porting in Southampton or Barcelona could be an option for a shorter Winter season. 

Trust me, you don't want to sail in Europe at the Winter. The weather in the Med was bad enough in October let alone Dec/Jan/Feb.

On 7/31/2019 at 5:11 PM, CruisingJoe09 said:

Jewel should be back in the Baltic from May - September 2021. The bookings in Med ports are likely for her repositioning from Dubai to Copenhagen and for a short Med fall season.

I hope you are correct.  We love that ship, we did a Med. on her 2018.  We would love to do a Baltic on her in 2021.  

On 8/15/2019 at 9:30 AM, travelgoddess1 said:

What Royal says and what Royal does are two different things.  They always promise C&A members a 1-day advance booking opportunity, prior to release to the general public, but I have yet to see it happen. 🤷‍♀️

The one time I recall getting early booking privileges was when Quantum first opened for bookings. 

On 7/30/2019 at 3:27 PM, Host Clarea said:

No, the title is corrrect.  Itineraries covering May 2021 through April 2022 would normally come out between Dec 2019 and April 2020.

On 7/30/2019 at 3:40 PM, Billy Baltic said:

Ok. I don’t understand how it’s open but you’re the expert

I think most people who have been around for a while understand but it might be a bit clearer if "discussion" was added between season and begins.

Roy

• Like 2

Just now, John&LaLa said:

Maybe they'll do a release during the 50th birthday bash on Symphony.  😉

At NextCruise desk, only for those onboard. 😇

Keep August and September open.  Also forgot to mention that last year's bargain GS on Allure was for an October sailing

Guess I will continue waiting.  

We were booked on HM for April 11, 2021 and they cancelled April, 2021 sailings for the ship to go into Drydock.  We got good OBC and a lower price and are now sailing on Oasis out of Ft. Lauderdale for the following week.  My guess is that HM does summer/fall 2021 Europe and RCCL brings up a new ship to Port Canaveral.  

Thank you to all who search out port bookings and share the information here.   I try to book as soon as cruises are released for price and cabin location advantages so this is my go to place for a preview of future ship locations and itineraries.