VERY SAD NEWS....Heavy Heart

hcat

Dear Cruise Critic Friends,

It is with a heavy heart that I  inform you  that  dear friend and Community favorite,

Vt Cruiser  passed away peacefully in her sleep last night.

As  many of you know, Vt Cruiser..Marilyn,  was one of the nicest, most interesting, brilliant,  helpful and fun-loving people we will ever meet in person or on line.  

Our Deepest Sympathy, Condolences and Prayers go out to her entire family, including her husband Henry with whom she shared life's journey including many wonderful cruises,

I hope that we can honor her Memory...by posting  our thoughts and  recollections here.

Hcat..

• Like 10

Oh my goodness.  This is just horrible news.  I don't post here a lot, but I read most threads, and she seemed to me one of the most helpful and kind people on the board.  I know how excited she was for the inaugural Apex cruises, too!  Thank you for sharing this information.  Comforting thoughts go out to her family and friends.

Edited by KAE27

Tears are already in my eyes just reading this.  Marilyn was a person that I highly respected, and could not wait to meet on a cruise in the future.  She shared so much knowledge, expertise and information on these boards.  My thoughts and prayers are with her husband and family at this time.  

Edited by Lastdance
  • Like 3

I am terribly sorry to hear this. While I am unsure if I ever directly interacted with her, I am sure that I have benefited from many of her helpful and insightful posts. I admired how she was eager to help cruisers with any level of experience.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Lastdance said:

Tears are already in my eyes just reading this.  Marilyn was a person that I highly respected, and could not wait to meet on a cruise in the future.  She shared so much knowledge, expertise and information on these boards.  My thoughts and prayers are with her husband and family at this time.  

I can only say ditto...

• Like 1

Words cannot express the sorrow that I feel after reading this.

I, like many others on this board, was so looking forward to meeting Marilyn some day. She was a delight, so helpful, and you could tell by her enthusiasm that she enjoyed sharing her love of the X brand. She will be sorely missed.

My condolences to Henry and her family. 😔

❤️❤️❤️

• Like 2

Oh my goodness I cannot believe such a vibrant lady with such a kind heart has gone. She was such a font of knowledge without appearing a know it all. Her enthusiasm for life shown throw in her posts.

My thoughts are with all her friends and family. 
Wendy

• Like 1

I am shocked, I cant believe this!  With a heavy heart indeed to hear this news.  Sincerest condolences to her family.

I have been following her (and Hcat) when we booked the Edge last month and I thought I just read a posting of hers the other day.  She is one of the most selfless cruiser you ever get to read/hear from and was always very gracious in sharing thoughts and experiences to everyone without a tinge of haughtiness and snobbery.  Truly an amazing person.   

This is dreadful news. I can't quite believe she's gone😔 Though we had not yet met outside this forum, we shared many interactions as we watched the the Edge build, launch, and initial cruises. She was the heart and soul of the Edgies, and she will be sorely missed. She was curious, generous, intelligent, witty, and blessed with a wonderful sense of humor. We were to meet on Apex next year, but alas she won't be there. My DH and I send our heartfelt condolences to her dear husband Henry and their children🌺

Edited by Silkroad
  • Like 4

My husband and I had the privilege to sail with Marilyn a couple of times on the Edge in the past year.  She was as kind and helpful in person as she has been on these boards.  We will very much miss this lovely and generous woman.  Katie and Jeff

• Like 1