VERY SAD NEWS....Heavy Heart

hcat

Yesterday I splurged on an Edge Villa and I couldn’t wait to come home and find Marilyn’s post about the suite.  I loved every word, every photo, and I lamented that I couldn’t message her and express my thanks. So I ‘liked’ it, thinking this morning she would get a kick out of someone liking her year old post.

In addition to what everyone said, two things. First, I have no doubt that Marilyn changed the Edge, and likely the rest of the class too.  She spoke, Celebrity listened, and she improved the experience for thousands of people who sadly won’t know her.  And even though she was smitten with cruising and the Edge, she responded to dissenters with empathy and grace and set the tone for kind discussion.

I am sorry Marilyn won’t take those trips she had planned, and won’t see Apex.  I send my most heartfelt condolences to Henry and her family.  Thank you sweet lady for your countless contributions to this community.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

We never met Marilyn but we felt we knew her through her many posts.  This is so very sad and as someone said, puts things in perspective.  She was so excited about sailing on Apex.  Our condolences to Henry and her family.

So sorry to hear of Marilyns passing, condolences to her family.  Her last thread was a real scoop, posting about the remaining Edge class ships being Jumbo’s. She will be missed.

I don’t Have her Email but someone should send a link to this thread to LLP.

Edited by dkjretired

This is sad news indeed.  She was certainly a role model for her kind and helpful reviews and tips without such snarky negativity that so often gets posted on these forums.  Perhaps many “happy cruisers” will take a lesson in how to be helpful and kind.  We should all aspire to her legacy no matter how or where we are fortunate enough to sail.

• Like 2

That is sad news indeed.  Vrcruiser...Marilyn was one of the posters here whose opinions I sought out and respected the most.

This is a reminder to me to value and appreciate every day and the people in our lives.

Edited by Tomato53
  • Like 3

I’m so sorry to hear this news.  We recently booked our first Edge cruise and I sought out her threads.  I’m sorry I didn’t get the chance to tell her how helpful all her posts have been.

Many condolences to her family.

What lovely tributes! Without mentioning screen  names , I hope  to share  some of these beautiful thoughts and memorials with Marilyn's family.  I think it will be a great comfort but  I suspect they know what a wonderful person she was...

I am taking a break from CC for a few days to pause and reflect. 

On Thanksgiving  Day, we will.give thanks for our Blessings!

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2

While I never met Marilyn, we did interact a number of times when planning a trip on one of the preview Edge cruises that ended up being canceled.  I think I looked forward to that trip just as much to meet and talk with her as I did to see the ship.  I had hoped to cruise with her some time in the future like so many others have said.  I'm grateful for all she did to help others and for the way she carried herself even behind the anonymity a keyboard and screen can provide.  We have lost a kind, caring woman.  

My condolences to all of her family.

Very sad indeed. Her enthusiasm and spirit to share her knowledge of all things Edge and cruising in general was a huge benefit to us all. I just sought out several of her threads last week after we booked on the Edge. Her positive attitude and contributions will be missed! 

Oh no, I just can't believe this news. I was just thinking about her poll/post about the Edge hits and misses, and how much information she was able to pass on about a new ship through all her posts. She will surely be missed by all. So sad...

The Tide Recedes

By M D Hughes

The tide recedes,
But leaves behind
Bright seashells on the sand.
The sun goes down,
But gentle warmth
Still lingers on the land.
The music stops,
And yet it echoes on
In sweet refrains…
For every joy that passes,
Something beautiful remains.

• Like 6

I'm so terribly sorry to hear this terrible news.   Marilyn will always remain the Queen of Edge in my thoughts.   She contributed so much to CruiseCritics and the Celebrity Forum in particular.   My heart and prayers go out to her family.  She will be missed by all of us.

• Like 7

Oh my goodness!  So shocked and saddened to read this news.  Only having "met" Marilyn through these threads, it was quickly evident what a kind and gracious woman she was.  Always taking the time to respond to all questions and willingly share her vast knowledge with others, particularly concerning the Edge. 

As others have noted, I too looked forward to reading any comments posted by Marilyn as they were always fair and fun and she never posted an unkind word.  Had the greatest respect for her!  Heartbreaking that she will not be sailing the Apex.  Thoughts and condolences to her family.  She will be missed.  RIP vtcruising 😢 

Edited by Reel Love
  • Like 3

WOW - So sad !!!

I did not know her personally but have read hundreds of her posts.

She provided more Edge info than everyone else combined.

A terrible loss to the Cruise Critic community.

My condolences to her husband and children.

• Like 1