P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Ah the days when we thought Blue Nun, Liebfraumilch, Mateus Rose, Black Tower and a red wine that was a favourite of my stepfather, Bulls Blood, the height of sophistication, moving to wine when a Double Diamond no longer worked wonders.

Edited by Snow Hill
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, brian1 said:

Sorry,I've run out of Blue Nun.

You must getting yourselves sorted ready for tomorrow by now. I'm envious. I hope things in France e.t.c are easier than you thought and everything runs smoothly. Take care and stay safe.

Buon viaggio bro.

Sis

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Snow Hill said:

Ah the days when we thought Blue Nun, Liebfraumilch, Mateus Rose, Black Tower and a red wine that was a favourite of my stepfather, Bulls Blood, the height of sophistication, moving to wine when a Double Diamond no longer worked wonders.

Don’t forget the slightly later French equivalent: Le Piat D’Or. For me, Double Diamond never worked  wonders but ‘Beer at home means Davenports’ home delivery service was the forerunner to the home delivery services that proliferate today.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, pete14 said:

Don’t forget the slightly later French equivalent: Le Piat D’Or. For me, Double Diamond never worked  wonders but ‘Beer at home means Davenports’ home delivery service was the forerunner to the home delivery services that proliferate today.

Still have nightmares about trying to open a Watneys Party 7 with a hammer and screw driver!

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Still have nightmares about trying to open a Watneys Party 7 with a hammer and screw driver!

You too??    Frank's ruined many a shirt using that method. He thought a Phillps head  screwdriver would work better,  but unfortunately not.

Avril

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

You must getting yourselves sorted ready for tomorrow by now. I'm envious. I hope things in France e.t.c are easier than you thought and everything runs smoothly. Take care and stay safe.

Buon viaggio bro.

Sis

Cheers sis,France and Switzerland are ok just the test for Italy.Will post tomorrow night from Colmar,bro.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

You too??    Frank's ruined many a shirt using that method. He thought a Phillps head  screwdriver would work better,  but unfortunately not.

Avril

It didn't help that by the time we got round to trying to open the Watneys , we were a little the worse  for wear ! What could possibly go wrong? 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Just had a text from the doctor, ours are now cancelled too😒

Avril

Sorry to hear that.  Hubby and I received letters today saying that they are holding walk-in sessions for flu jabs at our surgery this Saturday and next.

I applied online last Wednesday to renew my passport and sent the old one off on Friday and received my new one today🙂. I expected to wait a lot longer that a week, especially as  I applied to renew my driving licence last September and am still waiting!!!

29 minutes ago, purplesea said:

Sorry to hear that.  Hubby and I received letters today saying that they are holding walk-in sessions for flu jabs at our surgery this Saturday and next.

Ours are booked for Saturday week, but the surgery has posted that the appointments may have to be cancelled because of the Brexit delays in transporting the vaccine. No blood tests either, because of the blood tube shortages caused by the same thing.  And I read that we may have to import French turkeys at Christmas because of labour shortages in producing our own.

Talk about backfiring!  😖

Turn my back for one day and you are on page 1001 !!!!!

Congratulations everyone  - it has been a pleasure to 'get to know' you all over the last 18 months.

We really do need to organise a get together sometime, but I think it needs to be at Graham and Pauline's and they can do the catering !!!!!!!!!!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Turn my back for one day and you are on page 1001 !!!!!

Congratulations everyone  - it has been a pleasure to 'get to know' you all over the last 18 months.

We really do need to organise a get together sometime, but I think it needs to be at Graham and Pauline's and they can do the catering !!!!!!!!!!

I think Epicurean speciality restaurant would be a nice spot.

This was on Britannia on August 24th.

IMG_20210824_191814.jpg

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

This was on Britannia on August 24th.

IMG_20210824_191814.jpg

Britannia would be our choice too 🙂

When we retire we can join an 'out of school time' cruise 🙂

• Like 1

1 minute ago, davecttr said:

You needed a bigger hammer, a 16lb sledge would do the job nicely 😉

But who would be brave enough to hold the screw driver,  whilst a somewhat inebriated 16 year old (me) swung the sledge!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, brian1 said:

Cheers sis,France and Switzerland are ok just the test for Italy.Will post tomorrow night from Colmar,bro.

Happy travels Brian, you are brave, travelling with all that covid about. But then UK is still having 40,000 new cases a day and a 100 odd deaths so you may be safer in mainland Europe. Stay safe it is a jungle out there old son.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, grapau27 said:

The Fish & Chip Bar on the Iona sounds good.

Fish, chips, mushy peas ,curry sauce and gravy with a homemade fish cake and a bread cake

and a portion of scraps and pickled onions and a battered sausage would be nice .(I wish )

That's me sorted what are you having ? :classic_wink:

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, kalos said:

Fish, chips, mushy peas ,curry sauce and gravy with a homemade fish cake and a bread cake

and a portion of scraps and pickled onions and a battered sausage would be nice .(I wish )

Indigestion and two Rennies😬

Avril

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

35 minutes ago, kalos said:

You missed out the pickled egg!

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Snow Hill said:

I used to love Mateus Rose,  we tried again recently and didn’t like it!

• Haha 1