P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

31 minutes ago, Host Sharon said:

Just in case anyone is wondering why I am not around,  I had a knee replacement on 24 April.  One week later I collapsed at home and broke my femur around the new joint. So currently on week 3 of bedrest in hospital while they work out why I passed out and what to do with the bone 

Wishing you a speedy recovery and diagnosis.

• Like 3

That is rotten luck.  It is amazing what they can do with bits of metal in your legs these days - and mine, with two different bits in, one at the top and the other round the knee,  is actually stronger than the other leg .  I suppose  understandable, in a way.  So keep trucking, and you will get there.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Host Sharon said:

Just in case anyone is wondering why I am not around,  I had a knee replacement on 24 April.  One week later I collapsed at home and broke my femur around the new joint. So currently on week 3 of bedrest in hospital while they work out why I passed out and what to do with the bone 

So sorry to hear that. Hoping you have a quick recovery and can get home soon

• Like 4

Hope you are all sorted and back home soon

Michelle

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Purdey16 said:

That’s a shame Brian but at least no bones were broken! I haven’t been posting for a few days because I had a accident in Flåm on Tuesday I went up the mountain on the train and we hired bikes to ride down and I fell off just at the beginning of the start of the hairpin bends and fell 20 feet down a ravine, no broken bones but badly bruised everywhere the purple and black ones 🥲 (so no getting into my swim suit for rest of cruise)  had to walk the rest of the hairpin bends down as it’s so steep and all loose gravel and it had knocked my confidence down.  It took us 3 hours to get back to port  and we both really enjoyed the lovely scenery and waterfalls and stopping for picnic but was overjoyed in getting of those saddles and I will never get on a bike again 😂😂.

Today we are arriving in Akureyri Iceland and it’s cold 8 degrees and raining.

Fingers crossed for a speedy recover. Enjoy the rest of your holiday 

Michelle

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, kalos said:

bike.jpg.4361974bd83b5cec214b825cc53505a4.jpg

Wow Sandra you really know how to live life in the fast lane . 

Whizzing through the air over a ravine, free as a bird on yer bike .I'm getting visions 

of ET when he took off on his bike , only  your scene was not as graceful.

The main thing is your OK and hope not in too much pain .

Your not the first to come a cropper on a bike though. I was walking down our country

lane last week and a woman on a bike missed me with inches to spare .

I yelled "COW!" at the woman  and she gave me the middle finger.

Then she ploughed her bike straight into the cow. Can't say I did not warn her .🙃

Hoping the rest of your time away is pain free ,take care ! :classic_love:

Like when the naval officer walked up the beach with his party of marines. I claim this land for the British crown. The native chief said....Land mine....no, said the officer land now mine and continued walking up the beach......boooom. I warned him said the chief.

• Haha 10

Sorry to hear this. Hope they find the cause and you are home soon.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, indiana123 said:

Purdey, Sharon and Brian... so sorry to hear of your accidents.

Take it a bit easy, take time to heal  and very best wishes to you all.  xx

Thanks,mine was a few years ago.Purdeys looked like an Olympic mountain bike course.Just to add that most hiking shoes and boots have rubber soles,perfect for mud and rough ground but deadly on wet metal surfaces like manhole covers etc.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Host Sharon said:

Double ouch! That's a very big bone to break Sharon. I wish you all the very best for your diagnosis and recovery. Jane xx

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Host Sharon said:

Was thinking you had snuck off on a cruise but regrettably not the case .

Hope they sort you out soon and your back home, here with your CC family .

Take care and a speedy recovery :classic_love: 1d31dcb66d1b247caff587d0f7eab451--break-a-leg-get-well-soon.jpg.e4a6900332b71cb66858db0bb4e7807b.jpg

• Like 17
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Host Sharon said:

Sorry to hear, hopefully they will come up with a solution soon, hopefully you won’t be on hospital for much longer. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Host Sharon said:

Oh no, that sounds awful.  I hope you are on the road to recovery soon

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Host Sharon said:

I'm sorry to hear your bad news Sharon @Host Sharon.

Prayers offered for a favourable  recovery for your femur.

Graham.

get-well-ecard(1)-Sharon.jpg

• Like 8

9 hours ago, SarahHben said:

Ouch! I hope the soreness wears off quickly and you can enjoy the rest of your cruise. 
We’re visiting Flam next May on Britannia and my husband is interested in cycling down those hairpin bends. Is there an excursion that does train up & bike down or do you have to hire the bike independently? He would be cycling on his own because my rear end prefers more comfy seats rather than a saddle 😂 

There wasn’t a ship tour to do this because I  really think it’s not safe for the elderly and especially bike novice like me , but if he’s a keen cyclist and obviously a lot younger than me I’d say it’s fine for him because the path is always busy with others doing it , but there is a second option, train up and zip line halfway down and then from there you can cycle to flam all safe from there on because it’s tarmac road from there , so much to see it was worth my bruises but I was very lucky, I booked it all privately, book the train asp , I booked 6 months before and it was tight for seats then .

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Host Sharon said:

I hope you don’t have to spend to long in hospital Sharon and it all heals quickly and good for you , and all results are good 😊 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Host Sharon said:

Motley likes bones, can collect if this helps?  

1 hour ago, Purdey16 said:

There wasn’t a ship tour to do this because I  really think it’s not safe for the elderly and especially bike novice like me , but if he’s a keen cyclist and obviously a lot younger than me I’d say it’s fine for him because the path is always busy with others doing it , but there is a second option, train up and zip line halfway down and then from there you can cycle to flam all safe from there on because it’s tarmac road from there , so much to see it was worth my bruises but I was very lucky, I booked it all privately, book the train asp , I booked 6 months before and it was tight for seats then .

He definitely wouldn’t want to do the zip line 😊

We’ll book the train via P&O, I know it’s cheaper to do it independently but I’m a worrier and would feel safer knowing there’s no chance we’d miss the ship 🥴

Can you hire the bikes at the top if P&O don’t do an excursion that includes the option of cycling down? 

A lovely warm morning here. We are going out to Knutsford for lunch today to one of my favourite restaurants.  It has been arrange by my sister-in-law because we have two 70th and a 60th birthday this year so she thought that it would be nice to have a family get together to celebrate all of them at the same time.

My other sister-in-law texted us all last night to say that she wasn't coming today because she has Covid for the 3rd time and feels far worse than the previous times.  I feel like I have over done the birthday celebrations this year, a meal with my family the week before my birthday, a meal with a group of my friends, a cruise on my birthday and now this meal with DH's family.

I hope everyone is well and enjoying the lovely weather. 

• Like 4